Kohl's Ranch Lodge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Michelle
    Michelle F. Married on 02/09/2022

Amazing Wedding Spot!

Kohl's Ranch was such an amazing place to get married! The lush green around everywhere made for amazing photos, and the staff was on top of everything and so helpful. We had our entire wedding go to smoothly with all of their help! I would recommend everyone get married here! They will make your day one to remember for sure!

Kohl's Ranch Lodge's reply:

Michelle and Tyler on behalf of my team thank you both, it was our pleasure serving your family and friends on your BIG DAY!
    Take care and have a wonderful life together.
  • User2611114 2+ years ago
    Working with Michael Beers was a pleasure. He was accommodating and professional. All of our guests were so impressed by the food and service of the restaurant/catering staff. I would highly recommend Kohl's Ranch as a wedding venue! It is a beautiful backdrop for a wedding and more affordable than other venues. Picturesque surroundings and delicious food - made for a perfect wedding!!!
    Kaycee Married on 04/09/2016
    I absolutely loved working with Michael Beers and his team. When I look back on the wedding day I cannot believe how perfect our wedding was. The rooms and cabins are beautiful and comfy, the ceremony and reception sites are beautiful year round. Although, we got married on 4/9/16 and it wasn't quite as green as I was hoping so I would recommend May if you want fully bloomed foliage. Michael was so accommodating with the ceremony site, budget, dinner and alcohol options and the entire staff at the lodge is wonderful. I can't say enough great things about our experience at Kohl's Ranch Lodge. I definitely recommend it.
    Joseph Married on 05/02/2015
    Mr Beers was great, polite very flexible and made the whole process stress free for us. The staff was professional and friendly. The prices were manageable, the catering was great, food was amazing. Overall I don't have a single negative remark to make, wonderful experience.
    Monica Married on 03/07/2015
    Michael and his team at Khols Ranch went above and beyond to make the wedding of our son and daughter-in-law a most special and memorable day for each and every family member and guest. I loved the way they checked in with the different family members involved in such ways to be the most help and offer ideas to make the wedding unforgettable. I so appreciated their eye for detail and every smiling face. We are so grateful for each and everyone. A special shout out to Michael for his gift of coordinating, delegating and organization it was a pleasure working with him we all felt so welcome on our weekend celebration! Loved the little extras too!
    Christy Married on 03/07/2015
    Kohls Ranch was the PERFECT venue for my wedding. The venue was very flexible with any decorations that we had planned, helpful whenever we had questions or things that we needed, excellent customer service, calling me (and all the family members) by name almost every time, the bar service at the reception itself was phenomenal, and an all around gorgeous venue. All of the guests were so impressed with the menu as well! Perfect day up in Payson. Michael Beers was friendly and had great ideas, as well as previous years of experience with weddings specifically. I'm so thankful that my husband and I chose Kohls Ranch for our wedding! My family members are already planning on staying there for vacation during the years to come!
    Christy Married on 03/07/2015
    Brian Married on 09/20/2014
    Michael Beers had yet to take the reigns as the food service provider for the resort and he was already helping us gear up for our wedding! He went above and beyond to help us make sure everything worked out, and we couldn't be more appreciative. The event was spectacular and the staff is super friendly and helpful, making the experience even better!
  • Auggie & Lizzie
    Auggie L. Married on 05/19/2018
    Mike Beers helped coordinate our wedding at Kohl's Ranch. He was very thorough, clear, and accommodating. Even during the event he was in contact with us asking if there was anything we needed. He even brought me a cheese and cracker plate the morning of the wedding to calm my nerves. Wow! We couldn't have asked for a better person to help us on our special wedding weekend. He feels like family now.

Kohl's Ranch is a unique and beautiful place with lots to see and do. Our only regret is not having enough time to stay longer! Every single staff member was polite and accommodating to meet the needs of us an our families. We have never had a better experience anywhere we've stayed.

It was our dream wedding come true, thanks to Mike Beers, Wild Thyme Catering, and Kohl's Ranch Staff! We will always remember how special they made our weekend at Kohl's Ranch. Thank you so much!
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee Married on 06/15/2019

Kohl's Ranch

I would absolutely recommend kohl's ranch for your wedding, it was absolutely beautiful.
    Traci Married on 09/30/2017
    Kohl’s Ranch was amazing and the scenery was gorgeous. Michael and his team were great and the Diamond Resorts team was also great. We had a few hiccups with the resort once we got there but the team was very profession and got everything taken care of promptly. The food was delicious and the Wild Thyme Team was amazing the night of the wedding. We will definitely be returning for other family events.
    Erin Married on 04/08/2017
    We fell in love with the beautiful scenery at kohls ranch and decided to have our wedding there outside along the creek. Everything was picture perfect and Michael was amazing! The food was delicious and the hospitality wonderful. My big day was everything I wanted and more. The cabins were cozy and nice and we are looking forward to many visits back!!
    Miranda Married on 09/20/2014
    My sister got married here. They were so pleased with every aspect of their wedding. And would recommend it!! Not only was the service and food wonderful!! But such a gorgeous setting!
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 04/02/2016
    This is a fairly small but gorgeous property if you are looking to have a creekside wedding in the woods. However, go into it knowing that you will send emails to which get no response for weeks and in the end you must know that you are sacrificing some of the quality of attention you should expect, in order to have the location of your dreams. Then once you have that... GOOD LUCK!

I visited the property, met with a manager and began trying to get a Room Block for my wedding September 27th 2014, I didn't sign a contract until after March 1st, 2015. From the beginning I was begging to give this hotel my money and telling them that even 18 months out I was serious about blocking the hotel. However, it literally took 3 weeks to even get my first real response with any information. Then it took 2 more months to get a contract drawn, and almost 3 months from that for it to finally be signed. One would think the property must be overrun with contracts and requests for the blocks with how insignificant my contract seemed. Yet I saw specials running for well below the rate I was getting, especially considering they also included dining vouchers, in the 5 month period I was getting little priority paid to my contract.

Michael Beers, the restaurant and catering manager is the management's only saving grace to this point. So, the property is beautiful and the staff on site is friendly enough (from my stay on site)...... but I have 5 years of hotel front office experience and working with sales people; and, by far, this was the most ridiculous and unacceptable experience I have ever had in my entire life! I signed this contract against my better judgement and I hope that in 12 months, when my wedding day comes, I don't regret my decision.