Knot and Gown Films Reviews

Knot and Gown Films 5
Knot and Gown Films 6
Knot and Gown Films 7

Kayla · Married on 06/30/2018

Chris and Kayla were absolutely amazing to work with and I highly recommend them!! They got every detail of our wedding captured and was completely taken back by their quality, creativity and hours they spent with us on our special day to make our video absolutely perfect. Can’t thank you guys enough!

• Joyce

Joyce · Married on 05/22/2018

One of the Best Decisions We Made

Thank you Chris and Kayla for being our videographers and being part of the best memory in our wedding!

Back to the days when I was planning our wedding - I was browsing through some beach wedding videos on YouTube. Then I came across this breathtaking Oahu wedding video by Chris. That moment after I saw their video, I had a wish that it would be amazing if they could make our wedding video like that as well. Without thinking too much, I gave it a try to contact him to see his availability. It turned out he was going to be on the Oahu island in Hawaii around our wedding date. They were actually going to the island to shoot for another wedding at the same The Kahala Hotel just a couple days before ours.
    It’s like coming from the feeling of “We absolutely love his work, but we aren’t so sure about his availability, and how much to fly them over...” to the feeling of “This could actually be happening!”. Other than his availability, we got lucky to happen to save a lot on their travel cost in our price quote. As they were already going to Oahu a week before us. - This is absolutely too good to be true, but it is true. :-)

We are lucky to have Chris and Kayla as our videographers. Through the beginning of the planning communication, we feel that they are very friendly, humble, open-minded, easy going, listening, and professional, which we value alot.

The shooting experience was fun and awesome. We drove around the island to a few sceneries spots. The fun parts include missing each other due to the wrong GPS address I gave them (so sorry!), and all of us running to hide from the short term rain, then running back out to salvage the good colors of the sky and ocean when the sun came back out. :)
    Chris is the tech guy, with his talent with video shooting, playing with effects, while Kayla is the director of the story line tying all the small pieces together into a beautiful story.

We are absolutely amazed by the end product we received from them. It is a breathtaking Hollywood grade video that they put together on our story! It has captured the best moments happened in that 1.5 day. (One day from the wedding day, with additional half day going around the island for scenery shots).

Another important thing to mention is - we held our wedding in Cantonese the whole day. It’s definitely challenging for them to shoot for a whole day without understanding a word of Cantonese. However, they have no problem with the language barrier at all.
    For the translation, they provided us all the vow and speech clips with timestamp, and we did a bit of translation on the vow & speech we selected. When their work came back, it surprised us to see how each phrase of our Cantonese vow/ speech fits in each unique video edit in the background perfectly, just like they also spoke the Cantonese language as well!

Other than the language translation, we also requested some revisions and requests, and they are always more than happy to make it happen for us.

Chris and Kayla have very great patience. They go beyond to give extra efforts in making the video perfect for us. We could feel that they truly care about our wedding video just like their own!
    Choosing you as our videographers is one of the best decisions we have made.

We love the love story in our wedding video!
    Thank you again Chris and Kayla.

Melody · Married on 04/28/2018

Chris' (and Kayla) work is stunning and he was incredibly easy to work with. He is very laid-back and calm, which was a such a comfort on our wedding day when it could have been very chaotic. In setting up for the wedding he was super responsive to us and our planner, and set up calls to make sure we were on the same page (which was so reassuring!). He was focused on telling the story of our wedding and had thought through the shots and audio and details to get those results. On the day of, he partnered really well with our photographer. He was not intrusive at all but captured every moment that we wanted. He uses light and sets up the shots beautifully, and captured some truly unforgettable moments. He even used the reflective surface of an iPad to get a different angle on my face. We aren't very comfortable around cameras and I know we made faces or acted awkwardly or stood in weird lighting, and Chris made the video flow together with a natural touch and made it all come out amazing. After the wedding, he worked with us to make sure our 1-minute Instagram edit and longer highlight reel captured our personalities, with our music choices and key moments. He even went back and edited a shot for us after we'd approved then had second thoughts about a 2-second clip. He demonstrated incredible commitment to making the video come out both beautiful and personal to us. He displayed artistry, expertise, and professionalism throughout. If you want a video that captures the momentousness of the moment, and a videographer who is committed to his work, I cannot recommend Chris enough.

Knot and Gown Films 8
    Knot and Gown Films 9
    Knot and Gown Films 10
    Knot and Gown Films 11
    Knot and Gown Films 12
    Knot and Gown Films 13
    Knot and Gown Films 14

Ayumi · Married on 03/25/2017

If there was an Oscar for wedding videography, Chris Bennett would totally win it year after year! We LOVE LOVE LOVE our wedding video. It captured the day SO beautifully. Originally we were not going to hire a videographer because a lot of the ones I had come across at bridal expos and online were so cheesy and not worth the expense but Chris is definitely above and beyond the rest- in a league of his own! All of our friends and family were amazed by the quality and unique story telling that Chris provides with his videos- it's almost like a mini- movie of the day. And as a bonus he is soooooooo easy to work with. We're both so grateful we found Chris so we can relive the best day of our lives over and over again!

Krystle · Married on 03/05/2017

It was a absolute pleasure working with Chris. My wedding video is so beautiful. I can't recommend them enough!

Parker · Married on 03/05/2017

Extreamly professional service, knew exactly what to film and when. The video editing was Extreamly well done. Would recommend to anyone.

Rebecca · Married on 05/14/2016

Knot and gown films did an incredible job capturing my wedding day. They we're wonderful to work with and I highly recommend them.

Cara · Married on 01/10/2016

Chris Bennett is the most talented videographer/cinematographer/video editor I've ever known. He is extremely flexible, down-to-earth, kind, creative, and personable. He listens to what you want to capture and then captures it a thousand times better than you could even think of. I highly highly recommend Knot and Gown films to ANYONE AND EVERYONE.

Haiku · Married on 07/15/2015

Chris Bennet provides extensive experience that produces a unique perspective paired with a laidback yet professional persona. The completed work was equal parts stunning and subtle - the attention to detail, perfect. Highly recommended!

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2014

I enjoyed having Chris Bennett as my wedding videographer more than words can say. First of all, if you are wondering whether videography is something you can afford to splurge on, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO CUT OUT! None of my friends who were married before me went for professional video, and now they are extremely jealous and all wish they had. Our trailer and documentary by Chris are both AMAZING. It's so unreal to feel like we are reliving the best day of our lives every time we watch it!

Chris was wonderful throughout the entire process; a perfect blend of personable and professional. I booked him about 1.5 years before my wedding date and we kept in contact during that whole time. What I loved about him when I booked him was that he was not a salesman, persay. He was honest and humble and that came across to me as trustworthy. He wasn't trying to sell me on something that he knew I wouldn't need/find valuable. It was obvious he was passionate and artistic and that's what I was looking for.

During our wedding weekend Chris was so kind and patient, and honestly just a joy to be around. He had our wedding trailer ready before our photos came back from our photographer, which is quite impressive! I'd reccommend Chris to anyone, and I especially hope all my friends use him for their future weddings so I can see him again! Chris, you are THE best and I hope we keep in touch for years to come!

Martha · Married on 05/04/2014

Chris blew our expectations out of the water with his final product. I admit I was a fairly picky bride and the video was one of the most important things to me. Chris made all of my dreams come true and I still watch the video on a regular basis. He was very professional and was always available to discuss any concerns we had. I highly recommend his videography services!!

Tiffany · Married on 05/03/2014

I was a bridesmaid in one of the weddings Chris Bennett filmed about 2 years ago. I saw firsthand the caliber of his work and his artistic eye – After working with his team at that wedding I knew I wanted him for my wedding. He is extremely friendly, and I honestly didn’t really notice him at all during the ceremony or reception. He does HIGH QUALITY work, and he takes the extra step to make your video everything you want it to be. My husband and the groomsmen thoroughly enjoyed him as well – which is HUGE when you are trying to get men on board with videoing etc. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Chris Bennett for any of your videography needs.

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Chris Bennett. My words will not do him justice. He is extremely talented and we are so happy with his work. He captured the beauty and emotion of every special moment at our wedding. Even in the trailer, he had me laughing and crying within 5 minutes. My mother has shown it to colleagues of hers at work, people I don't even know, and they have been in tears. He is truly an artist and I would recommend him 100%.

Aside from his obvious talent, he is FANTASTIC to work with! He was/is more responsive than anyone else that we worked with for the wedding. His turnaround time exceeded my expectations. He completed the trailer within 4 weeks of the event. I will not see a picture from my photographer for 3 months. He was a GEM to have at our wedding. He blends right in and is super polite and professional.

Jennifer · Married on 10/04/2013

I searched high & low to find a videographer who could see my vision for commemorating our special day. When I found Bennett Video Productions, I was so impressed with the patience, care, & understanding that Chris took with me. Throughout the entire production process, Chris continued to impress and amaze me.

My husband was not sold on the idea of hiring a videographer. In fact, he said many times that a photographer was all we needed. Upon receiving the final product(s), he has since admitted (multiple times!) that he was wrong. Our friends & family have already watched our highlight video hundreds of times, & the feedback we have received from it has been nothing short of amazing. Even our male friends have marveled, "That is one of the best wedding videos I have ever seen!"

If you're looking for a videographer who has a true eye for capturing the emotions & special moments on your big day, look no further. I honestly did not know how our video would turn out & whether or not our wedding had provided the appropriate footage. To say that I was more than pleasantly surprised would be the understatement of the year!

Every piece of Chris' work is carefully planned & produced. The way he weaves dialogue, music, & scenes together is a true cinematic experience unfolding right before your eyes. He knows how to tug on heartstrings in a universal & thoughtful way. There is simply something special about Chris & his work. You can't quite explain it, it's just inherent in who he is!

We love our highlight video and documentary so much that we hired Chris for an additional project, too, where he continued to exceed our expectations! My husband & I are officially Bennett Video Productions groupies! If you are undecided or hesitant on any level to 1) hire a videographer or 2) hire Bennett Video Productions, then please invite me to connect on Wedding Wire & I will answer any questions you might have & more than reassure you that you are in EXCELLENT hands with Chris!!!

Heather · Married on 08/10/2013

The best decision we made for our wedding was having Chris Bennett and his father Patrick Bennett be our videographers! He has an amazing eye and knows just how to capture delicate moments. He was professional, but also so kind and personable! The quality of the filming and editing is stunning! I would highly recommend his services to anyone wanting a priceless keepsake of such a special event! We will treasure it forever <3

Katie · Married on 08/03/2013

I literally just got my highlight video back from Chris today and the first thing I had to do was write a review because it was that good. Watching the video was like reliving the day over again and am I so thankful for that because it went by way too fast. In just 4 minutes, Chris and Patrick had me laughing and crying all over again. I cannot thank them enough for capturing the beauty, friendship and love that surrounded that day.

I also have to say that Chris and his father, Patrick, are not only two of the most talented videographers I've seen, but they are also two of the most thoughtful and warm people you will meet. At one point during dinner it was a little stuffy in our venue and I noticed Patrick was opening all the windows to let in the breeze. When I got up to thank him, he said, "we just want to make sure you feel welcomed and have an incredible time." It was such a small gesture but it really touched me and just told me in that moment what kind of people Chris and Patrick are. They are the kind of people you want by your side filming one of the most intimate moments in your life.

I promise you will be beyond THRILLED that you made the choice to have Chris and Patrick be a part of your day.

Alicia · Married on 07/12/2013

Bennett Video productions did such an amazing job filiming our wedding. We hardly even noticed they were there but when we got the final product everything we wanted was in the video. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in videographer. They did a wonderful job!!

Jess · Married on 06/08/2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed working with Bennett Video Productions.Chris was very easy to get along with and communicated with us throughout the day letting us know where he was heading next and what type of shots he would be working on. The video he produced for us surpassed any expectation we had. We have received endless compliments from family and friends on the video that he put together for us and we find ourselves watching it frequently. We would recommend Bennett Video Productions s to our friends/family without thinking twice. Thank you Chris for all of your time and hard work, we truly appreciate it so much.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 03/22/2013

Chris with Bennett Video Productions was amazing to work with and really puts everything into his work. He captured the amazing moments at our wedding I will never forget thanks to the video he artistically put together. If you are wondering if you want to spend the money on Video, think no more...the answer is YES! I will watch the video forever and remember how amazing that night was. The trailer was done very quickly and even though Chris said the video took a while I knew it was going to be amazing and it was. I was blown away and have already watched the video 10 times since I have received it in the mail! Thank you again Chris for everything, especially coming the night before and incorporating that night into the video also. It was so special and I have you to thank!

Chris did an amazing job. He truly blew me away with his finished product. He made sure to capture all of the special moments of our special day. I almost passed up the opportunity to have a videographer but after seeing what Chris put together for us I couldn't imagine not having those moments to look back on for the rest of our lives. He's very affordable for what he offers & does an amazing job editing. I would definitly recommend him. Thanks Chris!

Jeff · Married on 12/22/2012

I have had previous work done by Bennett Video Productions, and they have always been professional and extremely creative in making the videos awesome. For the best moment in my life, their work was no difference. They made suggestions to my wife and I regarding music, etc.- the video is absolutely amazing, capturing everything. Bennett Video Productions were so accomodating to work with- The best thing that people from our wedding said about Bennett Video Productions was they didn't even notice there were videographers during the wedding and reception.

M · Married on 12/01/2012

***WARNING*** If you would like the most incredible wedding videography company that produces some of the most amazing HD video footage to remember your special day forever, then use Bennett Productions! My wife and I searched the Internet for nothing but the best for our wedding, until we came across the prices for "great" videographers. Then, we decided "maybe it's not worth the price. How many people will really watch it?" We'll, my wife decided to Google some more and and luckily came across Bennett Productions who had great reviews, great trailers and great price package. Chris Bennett was extremely accommodating and so patient with my OCD ways. Yes ladies, I was Groomzilla! Chris not only produced one of the most amazing HD trailers and wedding video we ever saw, to this day, his videos bring tears of joy to even strangers eyes when we show it. He (and his company) were instrumental at memorializing our one special day so that it can be viewed for a lifetime. Capture every special moment and turning it into some that we never imagined. Yes, our videos even bring me, Mr. OCD Groomzilla, to tears. To Bennett Productions, thank you so much and though your video package you sell comes with a reasonable price, you quality, professionalism and touch is PRICELESS! Please always feel free to use us a referral. - M&M

Becky · Married on 10/26/2012

I just cannot say enough good things about Chris Bennett and his video service. My daughter was supposed to have a beach wedding that got pushed indoors into a very small space (due to Hurricane Sandy). Even though he and his helpers didn't have much room to maneuver in, they managed to create a lovely video with the most important elements included, plus shots of everyone laughing and enjoying themselves. He was also more than accommodating in tailoring a package that would fit my budget. I couldn't be more pleased!

Gina · Married on 10/12/2012

I decided last minute to have a videographer. I originally did not put it in the budget and felt comfortable with that decision because I knew I had an amazing photographer. Then the taylor who altered my dress showed me the video Chris had done from his wedding and it got me thinking. It was so beautifully put together and really told a story. I asked myself if I would look back one day and wish I had done it. The answer was yes. I really wanted a videographer. I decided 2 weeks before the wedding! Chris was so accomodating and helpful with the whole process. His videos tell so much more of a story than pictures can. Chris and his crew (Dan and Blair) did an amazing job. Way beyond my expectations. They were able to capture EVERYTHING in the video I asked for and so much more. They went above and beyond my expectations. Chris was very flexible, spent ALL day with me, made sure he captured everything that was important to me. But he did it in a way that was not invasive and we hardley knew he and his crew were there! I love my videos and everyone we've shared them with has commented on how professional they look and what a story they tell. It was also a bonus that now my friends and families can actually listen to our vowels (which we wrote ourselves) since at the wedding everyone had trouble hearing.

If you're looking for a videography look no more!! Chris is your guy!! He is super talented at his craft! He made my wedding look like a movie that I wanted to go see! captured the emotion in a way I did't know video could. The shots that he got were breath taking. I can't believe I once was considering not doing a videographer for our wedding. Now I can;t imagine not doing it! I love it and watch it over and over! We can't wait to see the rest of the footage! Chris was an absolute pleasure to work with! We highly recommend him to anyone needing videographer! awesome work!

Heidi and Jonathan Alfred