Knollwood Country Club Reviews

16 Reviews for Knollwood Country Club

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

Lieren- event coordinator

Lieren was a complete joy to work with. I was continually impressed with how little I had to worry about from day one working with her and the Knollwood staff. She helped me arrange a suprise for my husband by bringing in the Notre Dame Cheerleaders and NOBODY had a clue what was coming!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Our wedding is May 20 2017 and we couldn't be happier with the service so far!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2015

Our wedding day was INCREDIBLE thanks to Katie Volheim at Knollwood Country Club! Throughout the planning process, she was wonderful. The day of the wedding went smoothly thanks to her organization and quick-thinking. I felt very taken care of throughout the entire process and Knollwood gave me the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Amy · Married on 06/06/2015

I'm so glad my husband and I choose to have our wedding and reception at knollwood. The location was great, Katie, the event planner, was so helpful and did an amazing job helping us in so many ways, and the value for everything we received was phenomenal. Many family friends attended other weddings at other local venues and talked about how much better Knollwood was compared to these other places.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Kathryn · Married on 05/25/2015

Katie was amazing to work with! I would recommend working with her at Knollwood to anyone! She went above and beyond for my family and we truly appreciate her and everything she did!

Tori · Married on 08/23/2014

Knollwood made our day wonderful. Everything was in place and beautifully set up for us and the day ran smoothly and was flawless. I would highly recommend their location and services for any event! Katie Volheim their Event Director was an absolute delight to work with!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2014

Beautiful space and Katie was amazing with responding quickly and helping with whatever she could. Provided vases and mirrors for our centerpieces. Outdoor area and bar are fantastic

Sent on 07/25/2015

christopher · Married on 05/24/2014

Katie was wonderful .. She is the best and it showes throught the hole process!.. not one issue

Sent on 07/31/2015

The hall was perfect. We have used it before for an anniversary for my parents; however, they went over the top for my wedding. We needed to get in there early and they had someone show up on their day off to let us in. Just exceptional!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Tilt · Married on 05/12/2012

The Knollwood Country Club was a beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding reception. Katie, the wedding coordinator, could not have been nicer or more helpful. She worked with us every step of the way, made suggestions, accommodated last-minute requests and had everything perfectly set up when we arrived for the reception. We were able to create a menu that kept the cost reasonable. The ice cream bar that was part of the buffet was a particular hit with the guests!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Cyndi · Married on 01/03/2015

I was planning this wedding for my son and his fiancé . They were living in Thailand so everything was long distance! Knollwood Country Club and Katie were exceptional. The food was perfect and they accommodated my son's special request for kiwi in January, in Indiana! We did a morning brunch with hot coffee and hot chocolate stations. Everyone commented on how great the food was. Our omelet bar was set up perfectly. We ordered, selected other food and while we were enjoying the buffet our omelets were being prepared. They were delivered hot and fresh to our table. This was such a great way to handle this type of food. Our guests were so impressed, as were the bride and groom. The prime rib was some of the best I've had. We had more choices than you can imagine.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Maria · Married on 05/08/2010

We had our ceremony at St. Pius X church, which was a very close drive to the reception at the country club. The wedding planner listened to everything that I wanted. As a nurse, I didn't really have time to find different vendors for every little thing, but I wanted an elegant reception and (since most of our friends have children) also kid friendly. The wedding planner took a lot of the work off our hands and did a great job pulling everything together. It was beautiful and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone in the area. :)

Sent on 09/30/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/27/2014

Knollwood did a great job making sure everything went exactly how we wanted it. The only thing that was forgotten were our chocolate covered strawberries to go with our cake - other than that everything was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/06/2014

Katie was always super helpful and conscious about my budget. She did an amazing job at coordinating everything and made sure I didn't have to worry about anything. The venue was perfect for my husband and I. You're given champagne and snacks while waiting to walk down the aisle and the signature drink was the perfect touch. What made this venue easier than others is that everything was all included in one price per person.

Jenny · Married on 08/30/2014

2.8
      3.0
      1.5
      3.0

Staff should've been more attentive to the bride. The wedding party table was not set up with enough chairs, the bride did not get a meal boxed up for later, etc...just little details were missed

Sent on 08/05/2015

1.2
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0
      2.0

Katie was pregnant during my wedding which is fine! However, she fully admitted to not being able to get around as much because she was due soon. Katie was rude to my wedding party, and spoke to them as if they were children, as noted by multiple members of the wedding. She told me that she would have the staff rearrange the tables because the setting that Katie sent me was nOT how they set it up. I walked in during the reception to find my closest family members off-center from the main tables because they had placed the numbers all wrong and Katie never fixed it. Katie left the reception early due to being tired, without notifying me or my husband. The only person she told was another employee. she never told me that this other person was now the person who would help me out or who would be the person i needed to contact if I needed something. Our DJ ended up helping me out more than Katie did. There we're golfers on the green during the wedding and Katie assured me that we had to wait until a certain time so that there were no golfers. These golfers did in fact hit their balls during my ceremony and were a distraction to the guests. Not to mention, months before my wedding, Katie was so impossible to get in touch with that I assumed she had been fired/quit. She didn't give any alternate numbers and didn't respond to my emails for weeks at a time. I almost called and requested a new event coordinator before the wedding and now I wish I would have.

Sent on 07/24/2015