Klaxton Brown Reviews

Klaxton Brown 3
Klaxton Brown 4
Klaxton Brown 5

Doug · Married on 10/14/2017

These guys! BOOK THEM! They were the highlight of our reception. They rocked the house and every single attendee of our 180 person party was dancing. If your contemplating the money, don’t. They’re worth it and really know their crowd.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

One word to describe our experience with Klaxton Brown- AMAZING!! As soon as they got up on stage, everyone was out on the dance floor for the rest of the evening. If you're looking for a fun time with extremely talented musicians, Klaxton Brown is your band!! Highly recommended :)

Sent on 09/27/2017

Pattie · Married on 05/28/2017

We were all wild about Klaxton Brown! They performed at my daughter's wedding, and had everyone dancing from the beginning of the evening until the very end. Everyone commented on what a great band they were. They are talented, responsive, and a blast! Folks were commenting the next day on how they'd like to come up with an event, just to have them come play again.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2017

Klaxton Brown was AMAZING, and made our wedding night a BLAST!! They were so easy to work with and truly brought the life to the party. I've never seen so many people dancing and commenting on a job well done! Highly recommend them for weddings and any occasion :)

Sent on 05/31/2017

Anjelica · Married on 05/13/2017

Klaxton Brown played at our wedding and was absolutely wonderful! We have gotten so many compliments on our band choice! I will definitely have them at any big events I have in the future.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2017

Amazing! We booked Klaxton Brown Band for our wedding and it turned out to be one of the best decision we made. The booking process was smooth; they were responsive and the contract was straight forward. Bo, the band leader, was easy to work with and communicate with about certain song requests. And the day of, they were professional and on time to set up. The were engaging with our guests. And the actual performance was better than we could have wished for. They rocked out for hours, playing all the best Motown and Top-10 hits to keep our guests dancing. They were phenomenal. At the end of our reception, when the band ended their last song, the crowd went nuts chanting for "one more song". It was just perfect! I'm thrilled we booked them and can't wait to throw an anniversary party and can re-book them!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Nata · Married on 11/25/2016

When we listened to the demo of Klaxton Brown, we knew they would be really good and really entertaining. But really good and really entertaining doesn't scratch the surface of what this group really is...THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!! From the first song of the evening to the last, they blew us away. Every single person at the party came up to us and said " THIS BAND IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!" I can't say enough fantastic things. If you are looking for a band who will rock the house, look no further. Klaxton Brown exceeded our expectations on every level. In addition to being amazingly talented they were all incredibly kind, professional, and so much fun to have at our celebration. They really seemed to enjoy being there as much as we enjoyed having them. I give Klaxton Brown my highest recommendation!

Sent on 12/15/2016

John · Married on 11/28/2015

Klaxton Brown WILL NOT disappoint you! I have been in charge of hiring bands in a few different organizations over the years. In these I have had a chance to listen to many different bands and found what you need to look for in picking a great band for whatever venue you may have.
    Klaxton Brown listens to what you need. They communicate with you the entire time leading up to your event date. They arrive early. They require very little in demands for the event. Most importantly they personalize the songs that you have picked to your occasion. I would recommend Klaxton Brown to anyone.
    JR Fidler Tappahannock, Virginia

Sent on 02/07/2016

S · Married on 05/12/2018

Klaxton Brown was awesome! We had the best time with them playing at our wedding and got so many compliments on the band! One guest even asked for their contact information so she could use them for her upcoming wedding.

The band was great in learning the song we wanted to have played for our first dance song. The dance floor was full all night with Klaxton Brown!!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Debajit · Married on 10/28/2017

Having Klaxton Brown play our wedding was really great experience. We needed to set up some speakers outside about 100 feet from the venue for the ceremony and Klaxton Brown was able to accomodate with ease. The music they played was great which really helped keep the dance floor full and interesting all night. They were willing and able to learn our first dance song and play it instead of having to play a recording.

Sent on 11/14/2017
  • Z

Zach · Married on 10/18/2019

Awesome band!

We saw KBB at another wedding and loved them. They played all the best oldies and new songs, and the crowd was on their feet the whole time. Amazing energy!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Grace

Grace Henderson · Married on 08/17/2019

Fantastic and Funky!

The Klaxton Brown Band was excellent!! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about them. In particular, my parents were thrilled with their performance. And most importantly my husband and I LOVED them!! They brought the perfect combination of fun, funk, and professionalism to their work and I think everyone noticed. They even went the extra mile by allowing us to request that they learn 3 songs just for our event. We will definitely recommend Brad at East Coast Entertainment as well as the Klaxton Brown Band to our friends and family in the future and we hope to book them again ourselves one day! Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Rachel Gillette · Married on 09/02/2018

Loved KBB!

Klaxton Brown was absolutely fantastic. They sounded amazing, picked a great set of songs, and our guests absolutely loved dancing to them all night long. Some of my cousins who I never knew to be so enthusiastic still cannot stop raving about how amazing the band was! We are so happy we picked Klaxton Brown, and will definitely be recommending them to others we know in the area who are getting married!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Sarah · Married on 01/13/2018

Klaxton Brown Band had our entire wedding on the floor dancing the night away! It was extremely easy to work with Bo on final details and song selections - he was even able to accommodate some special requests near & dear to us. Our ceremony & reception were in the same room and the band was efficient at having everything set up and ready to go by the time I walked down the aisle - we had one small snag during the ceremony where it sounded like one of their speakers had blown which threw me through a bit of a loop, but things always happen!! Just had to brush it off. You won’t regret booking this band!

Sent on 01/25/2018

ANDREW · Married on 06/03/2017

Great musicians, rather than emailing just give them a call!

Sent on 06/07/2017
  • W

Will · Married on 10/01/2016

Klaxton Brown Band is a steal. They are always a crowd pleaser and at a great price. I have seen them many times before having them for our wedding and once again they did not disappoint. A+

Sent on 10/14/2016

Marcus · Married on 10/20/2018

A Super Funky Good Time

Klaxton Brown absolutely brought the funk for our wedding! Bo and his band sounded magnificent. If I had one person compliment me for the band, I had 15. They were friendly and extremely talented musicians. Anyone looking for a big band sound look no further! Klaxton Brown is here for you!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

Klaxton Brown is the best motown band in town!! Such an amazing price for a band that will play all of the hits and get everyone going on the dance floor! Once the band started playing, the dance floor was full until the wedding ended and we loved all of the music they played! They were also very accomodating by having a playlist they could play with classic music during cocktail hour and dinner. The only comment I have is that the bride/groom entrance song was not played and the first dance and father/daughter dance songs were not ready when it was time for us to do our dances so we had to wait for them to pull them up. It was no big deal in the scheme of things but we wished they could have gotten them right!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Julia Falkner · Married on 11/10/2018

4.2
      3.0

Wedding reception

Their sound was excellent. Their musicians were amazing. My only complaint would be they did not play the songs requested initially. We selected from the songs on their list but they were not played initially. It took two different conversations to get things on track. There was one artist we specially asked not to be included in the set but she was. I would just be very clear about what you wanted played and what your expectations are for the evening.
    They were very responsive once we talked but that was during the event and I felt like that frustration could have been avoided.

Sent on 04/17/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/04/2019

Do Not Book Them

Unfortunately we had a negative experience with this band at our wedding. They were extremely hard to get in touch with all throughout the planning process. Once my coordinator finally did get in touch with them only weeks before the wedding, she went over a detailed timeline via phone and sent it out via email numerous times before the wedding to ensure our wishes were carried out (I was cc'd) and also provided it to them the day of, AND SAT DOWN WITH THEM the day of to make sure we were all on the same page. However, on the day of our wedding, the band leader who was also emceeing just went rogue from the timeline. They did not play the song we requested to walk out to and chose something on their own which happened to be a song I extremely disliked. They then messed up the order of events from speeches to open dancing to cake cutting, which provided to be very confusing for everyone. My coordinator approached the band leader as these mistakes were happening, gave him a new copy of the timeline, and he still continued to do his own thing. Their one redeeming quality was that they kept everyone on the dance floor all night, but they were extremely rude not only to my coordinator, but to myself as the bride, as well as guests. We never did receive an apology for these mistakes made and the band leader was on the defensive once approached about this, blaming others for lack of communication and information. Such a shame and very disappointing in the customer service and professionalism as they are a very talented band.

Sent on 06/26/2019

Klaxton Brown's reply:

Kelsey, we appreciate your candid comments about your experience. While we strive for 100% satisfaction with our clients, it appears we missed the mark for you. We hope that the good memories of the packed dance floor will be the ones you remember. Again, we do value your honest feedback and will address these items to improve the service to our clients.
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

1.8
      3.5
      0.5
      1.0

Klaxton Brown showed up an hour and a half AFTER they had agreed verbally, via email & contract that they would be arriving 2 hours before our ceremony. When I called to see where they were as I was putting my dress on - the owner proceeded to ask me if "I still wanted them to even come." They finally showed up as our guests were arriving and were setting up within earshot of my ceremony which was meant to be avoided. Their music is great - but if you did hire, I would ensure to lock them in 210% so you aren't scrambling to find your band 10 minutes before your ceremony and an hour and a half AFTER they agreed to arrive.

Sent on 12/17/2016