Kith & Kin Reviews

Kith & Kin 4
Kith & Kin 5
Kith & Kin 6

Mary · Married on 09/29/2018

Jane's experience and wise counsel helped us avoid some potential pitfalls and helped us have a wonderful wedding weekend!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Kith & Kin's reply:

Mary, I SO appreciate your kind words. I know you and Tom will have a wonderful life together and I couldn't be happier for you both! xo

Donna · Married on 09/02/2018

Jane and her staff at Kith and Kin were amazing. They provided seamless service from our first meeting to saying goodbye at the end of our weekend event. Their service allowed the hosts and the wedding couple to not worry about the details and focus on having a great time. Everything was covered and well organized because Jane asked all the right questions up front. We provided pictures of the look and feel and she immediately understood what we envisioned. She didn't try to change anything, but offered good suggestions or alternatives for our Vermont barn wedding, which was a destination wedding for many of the guests. Jane always gave the impression that she could adapt to any event and price point and treat them all the same. Jane and her staff were very professional, kind, relaxed, and accommodating to our guests. We hired Kith and Kin not only for their hands on work, but for peace of mind. And it was well worth it.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Kith & Kin's reply:

Thanks so much, Donna. It really was a pleasure. When the bride lives in California and plans to get married in Vermont, communication is the key. Thanks so much for inviting us to be a part of your Big Day!

Jacqui · Married on 07/22/2017

It was an absolute pleasure working with Kith & Kin from start to finish. Jane's insights, attention to detail, and ability to see ten steps ahead was invaluable to us, especially in the final months leading up to the wedding. I am tremendously grateful for her hard work, her highly individualized approach, and especially for her warmth and positivity. We could not have done it without Jane and I cannot recommend Kith & Kin highly enough!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Kith & Kin's reply:

Thank you, Jacqui! You and Dave were a PLEASURE to work with. Sending love to you both.

Jane was simply amazing! She and her assistant were indispensable. They handled all tasks prior to the big day, and all wedding day long (including the next!)
    No job, big or small, was too tough. Everything was handled with grace and professionalism. We truly couldn't have done without them!
    Cannot recommend highly enough, they went way above and beyond all expectations!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Amy · Married on 07/23/2016

Jane and Amelia provided professional and highly personalized service. We cannot imagine "how we could have done this without them! Their attention to detail was incredible. Jane made our wedding perfect and as stress free as possible. We cannot recommend Kith and Kin highly enough.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Kith & Kin's reply:

Amy! I hope married life is treating you well. You were a radiant bride, and like all assembled, my heart was full as you and Paul said your vows. xoxo

Elizabeth · Married on 09/27/2014

Jane is a joy to work with. She has a glorious sense of color and design that makes everything seem special. She executed my wedding brunch to perfection.

Sent on 01/23/2018

Kith & Kin's reply:

Thank you, Elizabeth! You were a delight to work with. I'll look forward to the next opportunity to work together. xoxo

Megan Bunnell · Married on 05/04/2019

A well-organized wedding!

No one can understand how complex coordinating a wedding is, until you try to do it yourself. Midway through our planning, we decided to enlist the help of Jane and company—we are so glad that we did! Small pre-wedding details were ironed out well before they became issues, and suggestions for vendor additions were spot-on. Jane’s work allowed my mother to enjoy the wedding day as much as I did, knowing that any issues would be taken care of by Jane and her team. We were so appreciative and pleased with the work that she did seating and organizing our guests before the ceremony. We never realized how complex this would be! We are so glad Jane was part of our day.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Kith & Kin's reply:

Thank you, Megan. It was a lovely wedding and we very much enjoyed working with you. Thank you for letting us be a part of your celebration!

Elisabeth · Married on 11/05/2016

Jane and her assistant, Amelia, worked with me from the beginning to end and talked me through the major decisions--such as venue, type of service we wanted, menu, and flowers. She guided me through the process with great sensitivity and good humor and was there on the big day to ensure everything went smoothly. Her aesthetic is impeccable and I was so pleased with the flowers that she designed--from the bouquets and boutonnieres, table arrangements, to the wedding cake! She thought of things that I never would have and worked so hard to help me realize my vision for that day!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Kith & Kin 7
    Kith & Kin 8
    Kith & Kin 9
    Kith & Kin 10
    Kith & Kin 11
    Kith & Kin 12

Kith & Kin's reply:

It was such a lovely evening, Elisabeth! You and Gordon were dream clients. xoxoxo
  • Audra

Audra · Married on 06/08/2019

2.0
      3.0

Great connections but with limited follow through

Overall we were disappointed with kith and kin’s services. Jane had great access to the best vendors in Vermont, and in the end access to those vendors made working with Jane a success. But we were very disappointed with her wedding planning skills especially communication, attention to detail, and organization. For example, over and over again we asked for a budget, all we got was a PDF with a breakdown of what we had spent so far. We were hoping to understand how we would use our budget in the remaining categories. It became clear we would not be getting that, so we created it ourselves. For a significant amount of time, she was working on the table layouts. When we finally got them, she left no room for a dance floor, and only had 130 seats when we told her we had 151 confirmed guests. We couldn’t wait any longer because we needed to print escort cards, so we created the table layouts ourselves. Consistently we felt like we had to get tasks done that we thought we had hired her to do (and that were standard wedding planning tasks). We would ask her over and over again for updates on things (ex: contracts with vendors, pricing) and we would always hear “I will get back to you” and she rarely followed up. This created a lack of trust and didn’t create the peace of mind we were hoping for and the reason we hired a wedding planner. On the day of the wedding, we were told by multiple vendors that they couldn’t find her when they arrived and they had to figure out where to go and set up on their own. We were expecting someone on top of things day of for what we had paid for her services. I could go on with other examples of disorganization and lack of attention to detail.

In the end, our wedding was fantastic because Jane connected us to the best vendors in the area and they knew what they were doing. If you are looking for great connections, I would recommend you hire kith and Kin by the hour.

Sent on 06/29/2019

Kith & Kin's reply:

I had the very sad experience this year of watching a beloved friend of 43 years succumb to cancer. I spent 3 months during Audra's planning period traveling back and forth to Atlanta to help care for this friend. It was a very, very difficult time. My friend died in mid-July of this year, about a month after Audra's wedding. I was uncertain about how much of this information to share with clients, all of whom were embarking on the happiest of life's occasions. Consequently, while absorbed in chemo and radiation appointments, and watching someone I loved be whittled away by disease, I went dark at various points -- clearly the wrong tactic to take. I am of course so sorry that Audra was disappointed in our services, but gratified that the wedding itself was not only gorgeous, but came off without a hitch -- due in no small part to Kith & Kin's hard work. Wishing you all the best, Audra.