King Studios DJ Services Reviews

61 Reviews for King Studios DJ Services

• Amy

Amy · Married on 10/13/2018

Dance the Night Away!

King Studios did a wonderful job DJing our wedding! They had the dance floor packed all night long and my guests all commented on how great Nathan did :) Thanks for making our day wonderful.

Best part - we had a call with Nathan leading up to our wedding and he understood what we wanted from our day even when we couldn't fully depict it. They are the pros and help make our vague description a reality! Thank you, Nathan!!

Highly recommend :)

Sent on 01/20/2019

Kimberly · Married on 08/25/2018

We booked our ceremony and reception music with Nathan from King Studios. He was incredibly professional, helpful and was able to get people out of their seats and onto the dance floor. He played a great mix of songs and even found some very obscure songs we wanted played with no trouble at all. I would definitely book King Studios again in the future for an event :)

Sent on 09/16/2018

Lindsey · Married on 06/30/2018

We have nothing but great things to say about King Studios. They made our wedding at Wintergreen Resort perfect. Their prices are great, the customer service was impeccable and working with them made our wedding even better. Nathan worked with us prior to the wedding to finalize all of the details and he helped to alleviate all of the worries that we had. Our ceremony, reception, and dinner were all in different places, so we were stressing about how it would all come together. On the day of the wedding, Gordon arrived and made it all look easy and seamless. He helped work with us through a surprise speech and then kept the energy up on the dance floor throughout the night. I love that they offer Must Play, Would like to Play and Do Not Play lists. Gordon adhered to them throughout so I didn't have to hear Despacito. It really felt like being in a club where they only play all of my favorite music. I don't think the dance floor was ever empty. They also worked with us on the custom songs that we wanted to play, which were not on their list.
    Overall, it was a terrific experience. Do yourself a favor and go with King Studios.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 04/28/2018

Gordon did such an amazing job at our wedding! We had ceremony and reception services and both went off without a hitch. It was a windy day for our wedding and I was worried about static on the wireless mics for the ceremony, but the audio was absolutely perfect and I was so happy! The reception music was perfectly played and selected to ensure that all guests were having a wonderful time throughout the entire duration of the wedding! Gordon was personable, punctual, upbeat, professional, and overall a wonderful addition to our wedding! We were extremely pleased with King Studios DJ Services and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Katelyn · Married on 10/28/2017

Sam did an exceptional job at our wedding on October 28th. Sam was organized, kept everyone updated on what was going on/to come next, followed the timeline of events, and kept everyone dancing! Sam played the songs we had requested and even went above and beyond to play “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey which was the theme of the father of the bride’s speech. Sam was also kind enough to assist with ceremony set-up (placing bubbles on chairs). I can’t thank Sam enough for all he did in making our special day run smoothly! King Studios is truly the best and would highly recommend their services!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Caroline · Married on 10/14/2017

Nathan was amazing!! He made our wedding so much fun, and he was patient with us through our crazy schedule throughout the night and ensuring we did everything we wanted to do! He worked hard to make sure he pronounced all of the names right for our families and wedding party, and we were so thrilled by his service!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Christian · Married on 09/09/2017

Hire this guy! Gordon Weirich was the best Dj we have ever seen at a wedding. Our wedding planner told us Gordon really went above and beyond to make the night special, smoothing out any issues before they ever happened. He was extremely energetic, attentive, and keen on making our day special! The bride had a pretty elaborate timed playlist for the ceremony/introductions/first dances, and Gordon executed it perfectly with finesse. We absolutely have nothing but great things to say about this guy and King Studios as a whole! ~(9/9/17) C & B

Sent on 09/13/2017

Emily · Married on 09/09/2017

Sam did an amazing job!!!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Sy-yu · Married on 08/26/2017

We used Kings Studios for our wedding at Crosskeys Vineyards after being recommended by the venue, and were so glad to have them! They are experienced, easy to work with, helpful, and a great value! Kings Studios definitely took care of us, helped us with music selection, guided us on timelines, and knew what they were doing as they have plenty of experience!

Our planning and coordination was with Nathan, and he was a pleasure to work with! We scheduled a call a month before the wedding, and he helped us build the playlists for various parts of the day (ceremony, cocktail hour, dancing) and made sure all details of the timeline were covered. Sam King was the DJ for the actual event, and fulfilled everything that was discussed, including shortening the father/daughter and mother/son dance songs and staying away from cheesy "wedding" music that I did not want played! Sam played all the great songs we picked in the planning form and kept the dance floor rocking all night! All our guests had a blast!!! He was very professional to work with and was a great MC too.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Michael · Married on 08/25/2017

Absolutely awesome! Gordon rocked the house and it's been two weeks since our wedding and I'm still getting messages saying how incredible the wedding was. It's worth the price for these guys they do a phenomenal job!

Sent on 09/11/2017
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 07/15/2017

We were recommended by a friend to use King Studios as our wedding DJ. From the start, King Studios was extremely professional and we knew we made the right decision to hire them! The detailed questionnaire they had us fill out before the wedding covered every issue that could have arisen the evening of our wedding and we also had a very helpful phone call with the studio a week or so before the wedding to discuss our music preferences, the timeline of the wedding, and other items they would be assisting with. Gordon Weirich was our DJ and did a fantastic job! He was extremely professional from start to finish, chose great music to appease all ages of the crowd, and kept everyone dancing all night! We had close friends performing our ceremony music and they were more than willing to let them hook into their sound equipment to make everything run smoothly. King Studios was a key reason our wedding day went so smoothly and I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Charlottesville-Staunton area! In fact, our cousin was so impressed on our wedding day that she even decided to hire King Studios for her wedding next summer!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/17/2017

Nathan and Sam from King Studio were great! The company was an AMAZING value for great DJs and I would highly recommend them. They also did our ceremony music for a really low additional price. They have a good platform to designate your must play, may play, and do not play songs which has hundreds of thousands of songs and makes it really easy to get organized. You can also make "special requests" for songs not on the platform, like via a youtube link. They were really accommodating of all requests on our end, including letting my mom and aunts sing a special song. One note--their usual practice is to play almost entirely oldies for the first part of the evening (something our older guests later raved about), so if you'd rather they switch things up/intersperse those songs more throughout the night, just give them a heads up. When I mentioned this to Sam night-of, he quickly accommodated (along with a few other night-of requests from my husband and myself). Thanks for helping make our wedding a great event!

Sent on 06/29/2017
  • Siabean

Elsia · Married on 06/10/2017

A truly engaging DJ that kept up the energy on the dance floor all night! Was very responsive to emails and spent a lot of time with me on the phone answering questions and helping me pick out songs. Thank you Nathan, you were great!

Sent on 06/30/2017
  • K Dot

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

Sam King was our DJ, and my husband and I cannot say enough good things about him. All of our communication was with Nathan, who was very flexible and accommodating. We filled out the forms on their website, and Nathan set up a meeting with us to go over our music choices and timeline. What my husband and I thought were odd requests, Nathan told us they were no problem at all and Sam was able to accommodate all of them. Sam also quickly picked up on the type of music we wanted to be played and was great at giving me a heads up on what was coming next (first dances, bouquet toss, etc.). Sam exceeded our expectations, and we highly recommend King Studios.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Jonothan · Married on 06/03/2017

We had the pleasure of having Sam King DJ/MC our wedding. He was awesome!!
    Sam took our playlist (for about half of the wedding) and transformed it into something else. He was able to play every song on our playlist, take requests from my bride and me, and he just straight up brought the house down while being completely professional. I cannot say enough about his ability and patience.
    I initially approached him during our cocktail hour with a joke to break the ice. We both laughed it off, and he adjusted our playlist even better to what my wife and me enjoyed.
    Sam King was very keen as an MC about hosting each moment of our wedding: introductions, welcome, dinner, first dances, cutting of the cake, etc. He was step ahead of everything. It all went so smooth. I cannot thank him enough.
    Sam King also exquisitely integrated my music and my father's personal music into the cocktail hour, dinner service, and also the reception. I cannot give him anymore props.
    My wife and I asked for no requests except from us, but Sam King obliged to my brother (the best man) to make a very momentous and memorable occasion to play a song where I was lifted on a chair. There were nothing but smiles and laughter to go around. I couldn't thank Sam enough for that!
    I highly recommend Sam King to DJ/MC your wedding, graduation, prom, etc. He is very professional, very well dressed, very cooperative, very patient, and an overall great person.
    Thank you, Sam!
    Jonothan
    www.katieandjonothan.com

Sent on 06/22/2017

Denise · Married on 05/13/2017

Sam King was the DJ at a wedding I coordinated. From beginning to end, I was impressed with the professionalism, preparedness and flexibility of King Studios. They have a very interactive website that allows you to create timelines and music lists. After submitting those forms, King Studios schedules a time to discuss the details of the day so they fully understand expectations. For the event I was planning, the crowd would be in 3 different spots, Sam showed up early to get the lay of the land, setup and was ready to go well before the ceremony. At times we got a little off schedule, but Sam adapted seamlessly. He was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/30/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/22/2016

Nathan was fantastic. He did both our ceremony sound and our reception. We made a lot of last minute additions and changes and he accommodated us with no problems. He delivered exactly what we were looking for. The dance floor was hopping the whole night!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

James · Married on 08/13/2016

Nathan King DJ'ed our wedding and he was absolutely awesome! He showed up on time, and had all of our music covered for the evening. He kept people dancing, all night! Not only is he down to earth and fun to talk to, but he is super adaptable to any situation. Our wedding didn't go exactly as planned and he helped by doing things that were not his responsibility to ensure our day was a special one.

We definitely recommend King Studios and Nathan especially!

Thanks Nathan!

James & Gloria

Sent on 08/24/2016

Eve · Married on 05/07/2016

I can't say enough great things about Nathan King. Our one request was that he keep the dance floor full all night and he did it perfectly! It was an awesome dance party! He also did a great job with the ceremony mics (cost extra) for the groom and the officiant.

Sent on 06/15/2016
  • Happily Married

Elena · Married on 01/09/2016

I would definitely recommend Nathan King from King Studios to any bride looking for a wedding DJ. Nathan was professional, easy to work with, adaptable, and extremely fair priced compared to other DJs in the area. Both my groom and I felt like Nathan had the entire ceremony and reception covered with no problems. From the pre-ceremony music to the final song of the evening, all song selections were perfect. He knew what he was doing, kept the crowd dancing, and kept my groom and I apprised of what was coming next whenever our wedding planner was running around doing other things. Great service. Thanks, Nathan!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Jordan · Married on 10/16/2015

Nathan was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. We were fortunate to be able to book him for our Friday wedding only a few months out and he was luckily still available; if you are having a Saturday wedding, move fast to book him! He was extremely professional, helpful, and flexible throughout our planning process. He took the time to meet with us at a coffee shop for about an hour to just talk us through the process and make recommendations for music and also the timeline for the event. He was quickly able to understand what type of playlist/atmosphere we were hoping to have for our wedding reception. He responded to our unique selections and needs very well. He did an excellent job with introductions and announcements during the reception, without any cheesy jokes or comments. His services are a great value for his price; we were married in the Charlottesville area, and other vendors we considered were much more expensive for not as much time. He obviously has a lot of experience in knowing how to keep the energy going and reading the crowd at your event. Highly satisfied, thank you Nathan!!

Sent on 11/27/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2015

I hired King Studios for my wedding day to do ceremony and reception. I was very pleased with Gordon. He did a great job with my ceremony music and reception. He kept in contact with me all night and was very friendly. I also loved the website and how easy it is to communicate what you wanted. My wedding day was perfect. Thank you Gordon!!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Nathan at King DJ was just perfect and a great value. He was always easy to reach and was very helpful during the planning process for our wedding reception. He coordinated well with our wedding planner throughout the evening and kept the party moving along seamlessly. He had a great mix of songs that everyone really liked so there was never a break in the dancing. All of our guests had so much fun! Kudos, 5 stars and many thanks to King DJs for making our wedding reception so memorable.

Sent on 10/31/2015

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! Nathan was very responsive leading up to the wedding and we loved the opportunity to pick "must play" songs that allowed Nathan to get a sense of music we liked. Nathan did an amazing job with music for each part of the day - pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. For the most part we simply gave him a sense of the type of music we wanted and the songs he picked were perfect. He even went out of his way to get the version of our first dance song that we wanted that was a difficult find. He kept the dance floor packed during the whole reception which is exactly what we wanted! Afterwards so many guests raved about the music and the great dance floor which would not have been possible without Nathan.

Sent on 01/17/2016