Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel Reviews

5 | Portland, OR

5 Reviews for Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel

Van Anh · Married on 09/02/2017

We enjoyed working with the Riverplace Hotel for our wedding. Josh was our point person and day of wedding coordinator - he did a spectacular job! He was easy to communicate with, he helped us figure out our wedding timelines, and he ensured that the day went smoothly. Wedding planning can be so stressful and I am so glad we picked the Riverplace! The location is gorgeous and was convenient for our out of town guests who enjoyed exploring around downtown on foot. The dinner buffet option was perfect for our large group and the chef was willing to work with us when it came to food restrictions/diets. Our guests raved about the food even now. We are looking forward to going back and staying at the Riverplace to celebrate each anniversary. We highly recommend the Riverplace!

Sent on 10/18/2017

K · Married on 08/21/2010

The Riverplace Hotel was one of four venues I looked at and instantly fell in love with... primarily because of the riverfront view! It was so great working with Melissa-- she took care of everything.. and I didn't have to worry about ordering linens, chair covers, clean up crew, etc.. it was such a huge relief to have her working with me and for me! Our August wedding sat 170 people on the upstairs patio, we had a cocktail hour afterward and then dinner downstairs. My guests raved about the food which was delicious salmon and chicken buffet. When my guest say it was the most beautiful wedding ever.. i have to give credit to the Riverplace Hotel and to Melissa for making it so great and so incredibly easy!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2010

3.8
      3.5

Event coordinator provided by RiverPlace was very helpful and professional. I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day.

Sent on 10/26/2012

Angela · Married on 07/26/2014

3.8
      3.0

We had our wedding at The RiverPlace Hotel and catering was done by the onsite Three Degrees Restaurant. On all of our planning meetings, Angie (the onsite coordinator) was super helpful and engaged, and Chef Dunklin & team created delicious dishes for us to taste. However, when we weren't there in person, Angie was difficult to contact, often not responding to emails until our local family phoned. This was probably the biggest issue we had, as we were doing most of our planning from overseas, so phoning was an expensive and difficult task. Though our two tastings prior to the wedding were mouthwatering and blew us away, what we got on the wedding day was much less impressive (regardless of being in a buffet server). The steak was overcooked and looked like roast beef, and the greens we had specifically asked multiple times to swap out were still there. Angie would sometimes disappear for a while, leaving the bridal party to set up a few things during the reception (favor table, remembrance candle, etc.). Not a big deal, but would have been nice to know earlier so that we could plan ahead. For me, the bar and wait staff were friendly and very obliging with special requests, and our vendors were happy with their interactions with Angie. Angie did a good job assisting with the ceremony and helping keep our wedding timeline on schedule. Our hotel rooms were nice and comfortable, though a bit crowded in design/furniture choice. I would recommend this site as a whole, but only when the planning party is independent and can run things themselves without a lot of guidance/responsiveness, and can go with the flow on food that isn't the same quality as expected.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Jane · Married on 08/25/2013

3.2
      3.0
      2.5
      2.0

Angie (wedding coordinator) was very helpful before the wedding, she was able to help us organize all of our special needs and really put in a ton of effort into trying to make us happy and understand what we wanted. The venue was absolutely stunning. We could not have asked for better. The location was perfect, we had an outdoor ceremony and even through it rained they brought us umbrellas. They just redecorated, and everything is really modern and trendy, except for the carpet in the ballroom, but we were able to conceal that with tables, chairs and dance floor. Best part of the venue was that everything was included for us, and any special requests we had, they were able to rent, even last minute! The staff was great, everything was timed well and went off pretty flawlessly except for the bar issues.

The biggest upset was that we paid for an open bar, and they were so stingy with the drinks. When our guest would ask them for a drink for the bride or groom, they would make them leave their drinks up at the bar. I came up to the bar and overheard them saying awful things about my family on my wedding day. If my brother is dressed as a groomsmen you should probably wait until we walk away to start talking about him. Very Rude. I had many guest complain about the service at the bar.

Also make sure you get everything in writing with them, because they started switching out our premium bar from stoli to smirnoff and we had to show them that this was in violation with our original agreement. However they did let us bring in our own caterer due to dietary restrictions, which was very nice of them.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel's reply:

Congratulations and thank you for reviewing your wedding event here at the Riverplace! We are so happy to hear that you found the venue stunning and the planning process to be simple and accommodating. I do truly apologize for the issue you experienced with the professionalism at the bar. We definitely take your complaint very seriously, as we are always striving to provide the best possible service on your special day. Thank you again for posting and we hope to see you back here at the Riverplace sometime soon!