Kimberley Izatt Photography Reviews

25 | Lynchburg, VA

25 Reviews for Kimberley Izatt Photography

Laura · Married on 04/30/2016

Kimberley was absolutely wonderful to work with! We worked with her for our engagement session, bridal session, rehearsal dinner and wedding day/reception. I found her website through a internet search when I first started to plan my wedding. I was really impressed with how quickly she responded to my inquiry--within 30 minutes! Honestly, I put out an inquiry to a photographer, and I have yet to hear back from them (a year later!).

Not only is Kimberley responsive, but she professional and thorough with what I might want out of my pictures. She was open to my suggestions and asked for a Pinterest idea board. She has a great eye as well, and brings out even the smallest detail.

The engagement and bridal portraits are stunning. Absolutely stunning. I really liked getting them on a dvd as well. She was accommodating and also sent me the actual files of my "Favorites" as well so I could access them prior to receiving my dvd. I know I'll cherish these pictures forever.

I met one of the members of Kimberley's team, Jeff, for the rehearsal dinner. He was wonderful to work with as well! He was very polite and captured everything that I had asked.

The day of the wedding, we had 10 hours of coverage. Kimberley and her team arrived early and walked around the church to pick out some locations for various pictures. They also were very efficient and took as many pictures of the wedding party (minus the bride/groom) as possible to cut down on time after the ceremony. Kimberley hung out with us as the girls got ready (hair/makeup), and took a lot of great detail pictures during this time of rings, shoes, dresses, etc.

All of the sneak peak pictures have been stunning! I'm very pleased.

Kimberley is a true gem and I would work with her again in a heart beat! Hopefully in the future for maternity/baby pictures :)

Thank you again Kimberley (and your awesome team!) for everything you did to help capture our wedding!
    Laura and Eric Coffey

Rhonda · Married on 04/23/2016

I worked with Kimberley while planning my brother's wedding and was so impressed that I hired her for my daughter's wedding. She is professional, thorough, and accessible (answered my emails and messages in a timely manner).

She showed up early to find the best locations for photos, joined a Pinterest page I created so I could express a couple of shots I wanted her to create for us, and had the patience of Job during the pre-wedding photos (9 ladies in all).

She is a phenomenal photographer with a keen eye for details and has the ability to capture a moment in time that you wouldn't think of.

I would hire her again without hesitation.

Emily · Married on 03/19/2016

She was extremely nice and accommodating. Very professional and courteous. Always responded quickly to emails and answered all my questions. She captured some great moments from our wedding. The photographs are beautiful. We are very pleased and so glad we chose Kimberley as our wedding photographer!

Kimberley did a beautiful job on our wedding photos and all of the shots were amazing. She was very professional and truly has an eye for catching those special moments. I would highly recommend Kimberley to anyone looking for professional photography for a special event or occasion.

Mary · Married on 09/27/2014

Kimberley is fantastic! She's professional, creative and very skilled with photography. She did research to make sure she got the pictures we wanted. Not to mention she made our wedding party feel very comfortable the whole time she was there. She's awesome and I highly recommend her. Whatever your photographic needs are, I am confident Kimberley will give you a great product.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Kimberley Izatt Photography's reply:

Thank you, Mary. I loved being part of your wedding day. Your family and friends were great and you and James are such a beautiful couple.

Kimberley is wonderful, and our photos turned out beautifully! We got everything we asked for. I found out about Kimberley through a recommendation, and would recommend Kimberley in a heart beat!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Kimberley Izatt Photography's reply:

Thank you for the nice review!

Emily · Married on 09/06/2014

Kimberley was so easy to work with! She kept my stress level WAY DOWN! She was flexible and laid back. She did exactly as we asked. She was efficient and kept things organized throughout the day. Her work is quality and she takes pride in what she does. She has great ideas and is open to trying different shots as well. I love that we got printed pictures as part of her package. Both my bridal portraits and our wedding photos were beautiful. We are so happy to know Kimberley and appreciated all that she did to capture our special day!

Sheri · Married on 05/11/2013

Kimberly and her team were great! She took her time to meet with me to find out exactly what I wanted and then ensured that she had the right amount of photographers to meet all of my request. She got EVERY picture I asked for down to the smallest of details. She was everywhere at one time, yet very unobtrusive! She was professional at all times. Although the time frame for turnaround on pictures was longer than I expected, she was honest from the beginning and stayed true to her promise. The quality of pictures was great! My only regret was that I couldn't buy more of them!!

Summer · Married on 05/23/2012

We loved Kim! She did a wonderful job on ours wedding pictures. Now that we are all settled and have our newest addition to our family, we are going to get her to do our family pics.

Kim thank you so much for being such a big part of our wedding day! We are very greatful to have found you!

Eric and Summer :)

Brandi · Married on 10/01/2011

Wonderful wonderful wonderful photographer!!!

Rachel · Married on 05/22/2011

Kimberley is an excellent photographer. She was on time and had lots of ideas for photos for our wedding.

Maggie · Married on 03/27/2010

Kimberley did a great job with my bridal portraits. She is a wonderful photographer and I recommend her services.

Jessica · Married on 08/23/2009

Kimberly was really great to work with. She always returned phone calls the same day or early the next day, and was very patient with my many questions. On the wedding day she was there early to find good places for pictures and to meet the wedding party! After the ceremony she quickly got our portraits done and they turned out so amazing! Everyone that saw our pictures kept saying how beautiful they were. I was really excited to see how amazing them were! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/20/2009

Kimberley Izatt Photography's reply:

I am so happy that you are happy!!!! That is always my goal. I wish you guys the best, you are great!

Tiffany · Married on 07/10/2009

Kcifoto was absolutely fabulous and I would certainly recommend her services to anyone in the future.

Sabrina · Married on 08/09/2008

Our wedding would not have been the same without Kimberley's photography! I loved that she asked us what kind of shoots we were looking for prior to the wedding. That way, she knew what were trying to get out of her work. She was great on the wedding day as well. She was not imposing and still got many great pictures. Kimberley also spends a lot of time afterwards to edit pictures, which can make all the difference! The costs are also very appropriate when you see the kind of work that she does. In other words, I would recommend her work to anyone!!!

Jessica · Married on 07/13/2007

Kim is an excellent photographer! Our wedding photos are perfect in everyway and we will cherish them for a lifetime. We also had our enagement photos done with her as well. They were awesome too. I wish she were closer to my location in VA Beach so I could use her to capture every life milestone.

Sent on 03/26/2009

Kimberley Izatt Photography's reply:

Hi, I am so happy that you were pleased with my services.

Reanna · event on: 01/29/2012

Kimberly was absolutely amazing! We had a sick baby, an elderly grandma and a talkative 7 year old on the water in the freezing cold and somehow she managed flawless photos! Her professionalism and talent are remarkable. We could not be more pleased with the photos! She comes HIGHLY recommended by this family!!!!

Kimberley was quick to respond with any questions or concerns that I had. The quality of my pictures were great! She discloses in the contract that it may take up to 90 days to view your online gallery. Be prepared to wait the full 90 days to choose your favorite pictures and then some more for their final edit. I loved my photos and she was great for the price charged.

Kimberley is great to work with! She was able to capture my wedding beautifully!

Ashley · Married on 08/22/2015

Working with Kimberley was great! The package we chose was a bargain for two photographers, and we have soooo many pictures. I wish we would have gotten more pictures with our families, but the people I asked to help make sure that happened kind of didn't help too much and I was too busy to notice. But that's my own fault. I loved getting a customized jump drive and CD with all of our pictures, too, so we can do whatever we want with them. Having the photos available online was also great. Kimberley was easy to work with and responded quickly to all my emails (there were a lot!).

3.5

So easy to work with. Tailored plans to fit our budget and what we wanted. Only issue is the wait to get pictures back

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2008

Professionalism - a few guests mentioned it was somewhat distracting to have the photographer walking around the front of the church during the ceremony. However, I had informed her to do what she needed in order to get the pictures we wanted.

Value for Cost - the photography was a wedding gift to us, so we are unaware of the cost. However, the cost was only for a certain number of hours of shooting.

Lakisha · Married on 10/10/2009

3.5

n/a

Brenda · Married on 06/20/2009

2.5

OMG!!! Kim is an awesome, professional photographer with a great personality!! Also, she is super nice and she knows her stuff. The quality of our wedding pictures were TOP-NOTCH and her prices are so reasonable. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who needs a GREAT Wedding Photographer!

Sean · Married on 07/14/2012

2.0

I had pictures done in July. Took a little while to get back but not bad. Once the pictures were received they were awful. I tried sev times to work it out with her. All I got was excuses of why they were like they were. She tried letting her insurance deal with it and they wouldn't. I haven't heard back from her since. All I want is half of my money back so we can get pictures redone somewhere else. This was our special day and we have no pictures we can use. She edited maybe 5 of them. Most were put in black and white to try to look half way decent. If your wedding is indoors DO NOT USE HER.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Kimberley Izatt Photography's reply:

Unfortunately, an unhappy client has turned obsessive in ruining a reputation of a photographer that has done him no harm. His complaint is that of color, and yet, has not followed through with protocol that I follow for every wedding after completion. After photos are pre-edited, the photos go online for review. From there the client is afforded the opportunity to choose their favorites per their contract and then submit correction requests as they find. I layed out this procedure to the client and his wife before and after the wedding. I was never afforded the opportunity to make things better, but then received harassing emails in which I almost reported to the authorities as when I asked him to stop sending emails and to from that point on put all content into a written letter, he would respond with a negative email back to me as I then took as a form of harassment. The turn around time for the photos was as stated in the contract. I have spoken with many brides and clients who portray that my turn around time is better than many as some have stated they waited six months and wish I had done their weddings. There is a slandering statement in this review asking people not to hire me, yet there are many photos on my portfolio here on Weddingwire.com that are done indoors. Also, of the wedding photos I created in black and white several are duplicates of the color images. Some are black and white as I chose that for the image. There are several options when there is a complaint of color and I also have the option to have the images sent to a color correction lab and have them color corrected. Again, there is no reasoning with this client as they will not listen to me. I offered the client a bridal/couple session with a professional photographer that has a reputation of good work and is only contracted by me when I need an assistant. This is valued at $350. This would more than comp the value of the wedding. The couple purchased my lowest package as their budget could not afford much more and that is completely understandable and I do my best to accommodate couples as I did by offering them $100 off the package and $100 off the additional hour of coverage. After reviewing the images several times, it is bewildering to me that there is not one good image out of 500 images. I do not understand this. And, lastly their package offers them 100 favorites on a DVD. As seen in my reviews on wedding wire, this review is not typical of what anyone would say about me, and I truly wish I could somehow make them happy and to see that I follow the same procedure, brought the same equipment as I do for every wedding. At this point, I feel there is a personal vendetta on me and am slightly fearful of what may happen. But, please understand I do my best at every wedding and the weddings on my website and Facebook page is typical of what I submit to clients. Many cannot narrow their choices down to favorites. I in no way was trying to insult or make excuses about the wedding event venue, but the venue was log cabin inside, rectangular, it was storming profusely on the wedding day and light throughout the building was a yellow hue. With an event of this size in the space that was afforded it was illogical and dangerous to bring studio lighting, not too mention, not within the time constraints of the wedding coverage to set up any elaborate studio lighting. After the ceremony it took much time to clear the room to create an area to shoot in. Once we began shooting I was constantly reminded people were waiting on them in the reception area. During shooting time, I made many suggestions of poses and options for the bride and groom and each time the groom shot down my ideas and would not let me do my job. I offered to do another session for the bride to make up for that, as I felt if I could shoot her at a session, we could get the shots she would love. This idea was also shot down. All in all I tried my best to reconcile and at this point he has posted negative comments about me on the internet. Many parts of his statements are untrue and slandering about me and my equipment. I would be glad to list my equipment, show pictures and offer prices as listed for the IRS. I do however completely understand that this is their big day, so I offered what I thought would help them to recover what they felt they lost, even if I disagreed.