Kim Kalman Reviews

Kim Kalman 1
Kim Kalman 2

Jan Smith · Married on 05/18/2019

Beach Wedding

Kim was very easy to communicate with. She was quick to respond to questions. She learned a new song that i had requested for our ceremony. Very accommodating and friendly.

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Kim Kalman 3
    Kim Kalman 4

Kristi · Married on 05/05/2019

Kim is wonderful!

We booked Kim for our small wedding in obx. She was quick to respond and help with music choices. She has a beautiful voice and played the perfect mix of music during our cocktail hour!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Lisa · Married on 04/26/2019

Must have Kim Kalman Perform on Your Special Day! Absolutely Amazing Voice!

Music was important to us for our wedding. Not being from the OBX area, we had no idea who we could get to perform at our Church ceremony. At the recommendation of a friend who attended Mass at Holy Redeemer Church in Kitty Hawk and heard a singer who was truly amazing, we reached out to Kim Kalman. From the initial phone call with Kim, my husband and I knew this was the right fit for us. She was wonderful to deal with. I didn’t want the traditional organ played at my wedding. Kim plays the guitar. I had asked her if she knew of a violin player, as I wanted something a little bit more. She was able to get Jessie Taylor to accompany her. When my sister got married, she had a song that a local artist in DC wrote and sang to her sister when she got married, played at her wedding – which I absolutely loved! I asked Kim if she would be able to perform it at my wedding. Not a problem at all! It was beautiful and the sound in the Church was amazing. Both Kim and Jessie are talented musicians! Book early with these ladies!! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/20/2019

John · Married on 04/07/2018

Kim(guitar) and Sue(violin) were fantastic! They are both so talented and very professional. Kim's communications were always very prompt which was helpful in our planning process. We were thrilled to have them be a part of our special day.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Michele · Married on 05/14/2016

Kim was amazing! She was professional and really listened to what was important to us for our Catholic mass ceremony--I trusted her completely which was a huge relief! Her voice is absolutely gorgeous and all of our guests were raving about her! Thank you so much! Would HIGHLY recommend Kim!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Kim Kalman's reply:

thank you M & J for including me in your special day - felt like part of the family!!
    continued blessings on your both & your new journey!

Cyndi · Married on 07/21/2015

Kim was awesome. We had her for our ceremony, playing guitar and singing. She learned a special song that we wanted to hear for that amazing day. We had a super small wedding and then we had Kim come back to the house where our reception was being held and she entertained for "cocktail hour". She was super easy to work with and we'd have her again given the chance!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Kim · Married on 05/30/2015

Kim did a great job with music for our clients at the Reese/Newhof event! She was prompt with her email and phone call planning and very workable for the client. I hope we have the opportunity to work together again soon.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Megan · Married on 05/23/2015

We absolutely loved having Kim Kalman sing at our wedding mass. We received so many compliments from our guests about her singing and appreciated her prompt replies to our emails and questions. If you're looking for a professional, high quality singer at your wedding or reception then Kim is your girl!! We can't say enough good things about her work and talent!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Angela · Married on 02/07/2015

Kim's voice inspires! She knows her profession well. It was a blessing to us and our guests to have Kim play and sing at our wedding ceremony and reception. We highly recommend Kim Kalman. You'll be fortunate to have her.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Kim Kalman's reply:

thank you Angela & Chris for the opportunity to lend my gifts & talents to your special day - all was beautiful!

Kim was absolutely amazing! She was responsive from our first meeting all the way to the last hymn was sung! Everyone commented on her beautiful voice which filled the church with beautiful sound. Even though I was the mother of the bride, I found myself escaping from stress to the beauty of the music! I absolutely recommend her to anyone lucky enough to find time on her schedule! You won't be disappointed :)

Sent on 08/26/2014

At the time of my daughter's wedding we lived in Virginia Beach, VA, but had a vacation home on the Outer Banks. We attend Mass at Holy Trinity Chapel by the Sea whenever we are on the Outer Banks and had always been inspired by Kim's beautiful voice. My daughter wanted to incorporate a part of our beach life in her wedding ceremony and so we asked Kim if she would be willing to sing at her wedding. Thank goodness she agreed. Kim was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. She brought her equipment and worked with our home parish to set up. Her suggestions of songs was right on target with what we envisioned. She captivated our wedding guests. Every song was sung with amazing clarity and she set the tone for the whole ceremony! It was absolutely wonderful and everything went off without a hitch. We have been asked several times who she was and where we found her! I couldn't have been happier with how the wedding turned out. It was a beautiful ceremony! I would highly recommend Kim to anyone who wants their event to be amazing :)

Sent on 10/23/2015

Autumn · Married on 08/13/2014

Kim and Leslie were absolutely wonderful! !!! I would recommend them both a thousand times over again! !!! I love pulling up videos of the wedding just to hear the beautiful music!!!! Honestly could not have been happier with the service and music!!! Thanks so much again for making my special day even more special!!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Kim did an absolutely fantastic job with the music for our wedding ceremony at Holy Redeemer by the Sea in Kitty Hawk. Her voice is incredible and she was also able to accompany herself on the guitar! Kim was also very accommodating- we went to her just a few weeks before the wedding and she was willing to work with us! What a great musician!!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Daria · Married on 05/01/2014

Kim Kalman and Leslie provided the music for the religious ceremony wedding of our daughter at Holy Trinity by the Sea on the Outer Banks, May 1st. Kim made the whole event a pleasure, providing her beautiful voice and augmenting the richness of these special moments in our family memory-trove. I recommend her professionalism and reliability without question. So glad we went with the best!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Kim Kalman provide the best service and performed the most beautiful music for our wedding. Family and friends have made many comments on how much they enjoyed her and I continue to receive compliments on how beautiful the ceremony sounded.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Debbie · Married on 11/08/2013

Kim was fantastic! The music was beautiful and fit my daughter's dreams perfectly. Kim was so responsive to our wishes and personally contacted us at home in Arizona to help us out. I would highly recommend Kim for a beautiful music experience.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Laura · Married on 09/28/2013

Kim was fantastic - I contacted her only a week or two before our wedding, as I decided to add a vocalist to our wedding ceremony at the last minute (we had already hired a violinist). Kim responded quickly to my inquiry via her website, and we talked that evening and the next morning to negotiate a price. Since we already had one musician and our budget was tight, she was very flexible in lowering her regular rate for us, which was extremely helpful! Although I was able to hear audio clips on her site, the first time we saw and heard Kim live was at our ceremony, and we were certainly not disappointed - she saw the responsorial psalm and alleluia verse during our Catholic ceremony, and I was so glad we had her there. Her vocals and guitar definitely brought more life to the ceremony and truly sounded beautiful! Kim also joined forces with our violinist for spontaneous violin/guitar duets on Canon in D, Wedding March and Bridal Chorus, which we really, really enjoyed! The music was truly beautiful, and we were absolutely thrilled to have Kim as a part of it. Four thumbs up from this happy couple! :)

Sent on 10/13/2013

Kim Kalman's reply:

thank you so much for the invitation to be a part of your special day - it was beautiful! Congrads!!

Janice · Married on 09/21/2013

Our daughter was married on the beach, in the OBX. For us, it was a destination wedding, as well as an outdoor wedding, so planning got to be difficult at times. We decided to go with live music about 4 months before the wedding, so we were very lucky Kim was available. Our daughter had a wedding song in mind that Kim had to learn in 4 months, maybe even less than that ! She did a great job ! Kim was also very helpful with advice and planning since she was very familiar with the area, and had done many beach weddings before.
    Kim was very professional, entertaining, and her music and voice were incredible !!! Music selection was outstanding covering a large variety of artists.She went from the beach, to the reception venue, without loosing a beat !!!
    Kim, thanks so much for making our daughter's wedding so special. Everyone had so much fun, from the kids to the grandparents !
    Janice

Sent on 09/23/2013

Kim was everything we hoped for and more. If you go to her website and listen to her samples she sounded just like it. We also had a violinist that she picked . It was absolutely beautiful! To see and hear them playing on the beach was breathtaking. Thank you again ! Lori

Sent on 08/12/2013

Karen · Married on 06/08/2013

Kim Kalman was terrific: beautiful voice, right music selection, professional, and helpful.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Elaine · Married on 10/06/2012

Kim's voice was so beautiful!. Her music made our wedding ceremony and reception absolutely wonderful. We had a very intimate ceremony and reception with close family and friends. All of our guests enjoyed her choice of songs and her lovely voice. She made sure she knew a special songs that meant a lot to my husband and I and she sang them at the ceremony and reception. I would recommend her highly for any type wedding ceremony or special event.

Elaine and Ray

Sent on 05/29/2013

What I loved most about Kim was her voice and her quick responses, which is always helpful when planning an out of town wedding.

Estela · Married on 08/04/2012

Kim is a great and very talented musician. She sang during our wedding ceremony, and also during our cocktail hour. Everybody was very impressed and made my wedding even more beautiful with her beautiful music. Thank you Kim! Almost two years after the wedding, I keep playing your CDs and remembering how special you made our day!

Sent on 03/29/2014

Kim Kalman's reply:

Hola Estela! I can't believe it's been 2 years!! Thank you for your review/kind words!! Let me know when you're coming east!

Mortensen · Married on 06/02/2012

Kim was recommended to me by my caterer when I mentioned that I was looking for someone in the Outer Banks to play guitar during my wedding ceremony. Right when I heard her samples on her website I knew she was perfect. I was really specific about what I wanted when I came down the aisle with my Dad - "Can't help falling in love" done in the style that Ingrid Michaelson plays it. Kim knocked it out of the park, all of the guests loved it! Working with Kim was so easy, I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/25/2012

Kim Kalman was a beautiful addition to our ceremony! She was great with email correspondence and made fabulous music recommendations for the ceremony.