Keystone Confections Reviews

26 | Shelby, NC

26 Reviews for Keystone Confections

Linda is just amazing. My fiancé (now husband) and I didn't think we could find a cake that both looked good and tasted good...until we found Keystone! What a gem. Linda's cakes are both beautiful and delicious. And her creativity is just spectacular. She crafted our wedding cake to look like the lace on my dress, and the groom's cake for our rehearsal dinner was just astounding--long story short, it was a dome shape made to look like (half) a globe, and documented the timeline/travels of our relationship. Wow!

Sent on 04/27/2014
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 10/25/2013

Linda Thompson, the owner of Keystone Confections, made a Groom's Cake for our Rehearsal Dinner that was very challenging -- an "Around the World Cake." Not only was it absolutely delicious (chocolate cake with a peanut butter center), the cake itself was extraordinary. The planning and the detail that she put into creating this cake for my son was amazing. She really captured exactly what we were looking for. Linda also baked beautiful sugar cookies for our guests, as well as gluten-free cake balls that were delicious. All of our guests were delighted and very impressed. Linda was wonderful to work with. She is not only extremely professional, but was very open to our ideas and put an enormous amount of effort into making our "Around the World" cake very, very special. I would absolutely work with Linda again! Susan M, Danbury, CT

Sent on 11/04/2013

Corrine · Married on 09/14/2013

Our cake was beyond beautiful and even better than expected. Everyone commented on how wonderful the cake tasted and looked along with everyone asking for more. Our cake was larger than our event needed but thank goodness it was because we had cake pulled to the side for the bride and groom or we would not have gotten any. I was able to meet with Linda last year (a year before) and then not worry about the cake again. Great pricing, timing and just all around made my wedding planning so much easier with Keystone Confections’ service.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Lynn · Married on 09/14/2013

The wedding cake that Linda made was identical to the picture we showed her that my daughter wanted. Linda had to try several recipes to find the correct color of cake because it was a "naked" cake with icing only in between layers, so that took time and effort. We didn't give her very much time (less than a month) to do all of this so we were very pleased with the results. She delivered the cake in perfect time, and it was not only beautiful, but was deliciious.

Linda also made cakeballs and cupcakes for the wedding and grooms cake. Both were fantastic. I have used Linda previously for events, and she has always come through perfectly.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Shea · Married on 09/07/2013

Linda was attentive to my needs and wants for my wedding cake. She did a GREAT job with everything. The cake was absolutley beautiful and was delicious. I didn't have any complants, only great comments from all the wedding guests.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Brittney · Married on 08/17/2013

Keystone Confections is great! My wedding cake was not only beautiful, but tasted amazing. I highly recommend Keystone Confections for your next party or event.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Ciara · Married on 06/15/2013

I went to two different cake tastings, one winter and one spring, before I chose two flavors, chocolate and almond vanilla, for my 150 cupcake wedding cake with one tier on top for cutting and one tier to take home. She is absolutely amazing to work with and made my vision come to life even prettier than I had imagined it.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Maggie · Married on 06/15/2013

Great baker and great person. I would most defiantly do business with her again.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Brenda · Married on 06/01/2013

The cake was beautiful and very good! Everyone at the reception was raving about the cake and how delicious it was! Thankyou Keystone Confections!! You did such an AWESOME job on our daughters wedding cake. You got it to NiFen and set it up for us is due time. Thankyou!!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Shanice · Married on 04/06/2013

I've worked with Linda several times over the past year and also been to events; ranging from my daughter's first birthday, to baby showers, other bday parties and most recently one of my best friend's weddings. We sat down and she made sure she understood our vision and worked with us to make sure we had enough and that everything was fitting for our liking! She's wonderful in her creativity and passion, and I would most definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/12/2013

The cake was exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 04/04/2013

Ashley · Married on 02/16/2013

My cake from Keystone Confections was amazing! It was more than i thought it could be and tasted amazing. Wonderful job!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Seth · Married on 12/31/2012

We were so pleased with the beautiful cake created by Linda! Even with our last minute order she was able to work us into her schedule. All the guests were impressed with the design and the great flavors. Thank you, and we will definitely be recommending Keystone Confections in the future!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Lucy · Married on 10/13/2012

Linda was wonderful to work with, and the cake tasted unbelievably good! She designed my cake based on a photograph I sent her. The final product was amazing - even better than I had expected! Everyone is STILL telling me how good our cake tasted!! Linda was very flexible and also VERY responsive - I had tons of questions, and she was so easy to get in touch with and always answered me very promptly. She even helped us know exactly what to do to travel with our cake. I will never hesitate to recommend Keystone Confections to our family and friends. Thanks!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Chelsea · Married on 09/15/2012

Keystone Confections was the perfect choice! I am so glad I chose Keystone Confections to make my wedding cake and the Grooms cake. The wedding cake was beautiful and I could tell that there was much time and effort put into both of the cakes. Mrs. Thompson was very friendly and always responded to emails/calls.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Gail · Married on 06/16/2012

Linda was great to work with and met our expectations. Her cakes are delicious and pretty.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Diane · Married on 04/21/2012

The cake was for my daughters wedding last April. The guest kept commenting on how great the cake looked and tasted. My daughter was very pleased!!!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2011

Linda was great in working with us on decorations/style, flavors, etc. She let us sample many flavors before we made our decision. Her prices are GREAT!!!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Candace · Married on 07/02/2011

Linda was so helpful and nice.

The cake she gave me was even more beautiful than I imagined when we talked about it.

I would highly recommend Keystone Confections.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Teresa · Married on 06/25/2011

Linda made her first armadillo cake for my son's rehearsal dinner.The cake was decorated meticulously and was the best red velvet cake we had ever had! This was "Food Network" quality. Surpassed my expectationsl. Will definitely call on Linda again.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Amy · Married on 09/25/2010

She did our wedding cake back in September it was just like the picture I brought her to copy...She did amazing

Sent on 01/12/2011

Alicia · Married on 10/26/2013

Linda was a great vendor to work with, and we enjoyed the way our wedding cake both looked and tasted. I would definitely recommend Keystone Confections to other couples for their wedding receptions and to others for their events.

Sent on 02/20/2014

3.5

The wedding cake was moist and delicious. She spent a lot of time doing the printing of the poem on the cake just like we wanted.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Susan · Married on 02/13/2010

Linda was a dream to work with. She listened to my wishes and also proviided input in order to achieve a most beautiful wedding cake. It snowed the night before the wedding, but she arrived that day and set up the cake so beautifully. My daughter and I have both used her services since and been extremely pleased with her talented and delicious contributions to our baby showers, birthdays, and christenings. You can't go wrong with her cakes and cheerful service.

Sent on 01/08/2011

Judy · Married on 05/18/2013

3.5

Great Cake and i would order from this vendor again....So beautiful in color and wonderful Taste......I was so Blessed to find Linda, i live in VA. was getting married in North Carolina, on May 18,2013. Meet with her and told her what i wanted in colors and flavors..She made a wonderful cake, everyone was so impressed with the cake, and it arrived on Time..Have used her since to make a birthday cake that turned out great, will use her when i have to have another cake, great person to work with...Thanks LINDA...,Judy

Sent on 06/04/2013