Fort Zachary Taylor State Park Reviews

Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Bouchard · Married on 06/05/2019

Wouldn't change a thing!

R2/The Point @ FZT was a great spot and exactly what we envisioned for our May 6, 2019 private sunset elopement. Since it was short notice (3 weeks) and we were traveling from NH we hired Kirsten Corpion as our planner too. Kirsten far exceed all our expectations and made sure every detail was covered and works with the best vendors.

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 8
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 04/19/2019

First class service!

Kristen Corpion was wonderful from the very beginning when we booked our date and just continued to escalate her awesomeness up to the moment of the ceremony!!!! She made herself available as an incredible resource. She even surprised me with a very personal touch on our special day. She also checked on us when the weather went wind, thunder and lightning. Super good KW vibes!!!!! So happy with everything!!!! Thank you Kristen for going above and beyond!!!!! XOXO

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/14/2019

Wedding and Reception Fort Zach April 2019

We had our wedding and reception at Fort Zach in April. It was absolutely an amazing experience! We planned our wedding from miles away in Indiana through phone and email conversation with Kirsten, the special event director and our wedding coordinator. She was so responsive and experienced with all local vendors which put our minds at ease (especially since we had not been to Key West before!). We really felt taken care of with her as our coordinator and this feeling allowed us to relax and enjoy our wedding day to the fullest. I was beyond impressed with how beautiful the beach cafe was when decorated with string lighting and our tables. We remember sitting at our sweetheart table during dinner and just looking out at all of our guests having a great time. This solidified how happy we were to have picked Fort Zach and Kirsten for our wedding and reception venue! We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 03/03/2019

Perfect day

We just got married 3/3/19 at Fort Zachary Taylor park, and I cannot recommend it strongly enough. We had never been to the park before our rehearsal and planned it from out of state. We opted to utilize their day of planner service, but Kirsten was always responsive to my emails/texts/calls and made everything go so smoothly. We were married at R2 (The Point) and had our reception at the Beach Cafe. The setting was gorgeous, and my parents commented on how great Kirsten was at making everything run well. I wouldn't change a thing, and I cannot recommend Fort Zach and Kirsten highly enough!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Katie

Katie Gillis · Married on 03/02/2019

The best venue hands down in Key West!!!

This venue was the most magical venue we could have ever had for our destination wedding! We got married at the Basilica of Saint Mary Star of the Sea and had the reception inside the fortress. I've gotta say, I was always hesitant to have an outdoor reception because I never trust the weather....it is part of the reason we chose the Fort, because we could at least have some partial cover in the event it rained. But, I'm happy to say it didn't, and that we had the MOST AMAZING sunset ever with the PERFECT VIEWS from the Fort!!! This place has historic charm and stunning sunsets! People are still talking about how awesome this venue was, it was that amazing! Kirsten and her team are absolutely awesome, so easy to work with, and they made our special day truly wonderful! We wouldn't have changed a thing :)

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 14
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 15
  • Katie

Katie Kay · Married on 02/23/2019

A Key West Wedding at its best authentic self.

Having met while living in Key West, it was so important to my husband and I to give our visiting family and friends an authentic experience of the island over our wedding weekend. Despite being encouraged to consider hotels, I wanted a venue that would comfortable fit our 200 guests and provide a true Keys experience. The obvious choice was Fort Zach! If you're not from Key West and reading this- there are hotels in your hometown with indoor conference centers. If you are getting married in Key West- spring for one of the island's unique venues- Fort Zach, Hemingway Home, Truman Little White House, the Audubon House, or West Martello Tower. Of those historic properties- there's only one with a beach, sunset, and gorgeous fortress- plus you can customize your food menu and brining in whatever decor you want. Kirsten and her team are amazing! She went above and beyond when our wedding planner dumped us last minute and left me in a lurch 3 weeks out. Not only did she ease my stress but she put me in touch with the right people for the job and took my calls while she was on vacation. She went above and beyond! As a result, our wedding was gorgeous, fun, and seriously the best weekend/ night of my life!

Sent on 06/05/2019
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 27
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 28
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 29

Emilee · Married on 01/05/2019

Perfect wedding at the beach & fortress!

FZT was our chosen site for our ceremony and reception. We're from NC and we booked our entire wedding from afar...without seeing or meeting anyone in person. Sounds crazy but that's us! This process was guided and made easy by FZT's event coordinator, Kirsten Corpion. She's phenomenal. She knows the in and outs of the wedding business and she knows everyone in Key West. Without her, our wedding planning experience could have been a nightmare. Our ceremony was on the beach and the reception was at the Fortress, both on site at FZT. I cannot speak enough about the beauty and uniqueness of this venue as a whole. Many of our guests told us this was the best wedding they have ever attended! Our wedding day was perfect and everything we imagined and more. If you want a beach wedding in Key West, FZT is the place. I enjoyed the fortress for our reception because it was beautiful and a more formal contrast to the beach. I felt like we had the best of both worlds. 10/10 recommend! Thank you FZT and Kirsten!

Sent on 01/11/2019
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 30

Cassie · Married on 05/05/2018

Kirsten was hands down the most incredible wedding coordinator. She was always available to answer our texts and phone calls when we needed help during the planning of our wedding. She helped us choose all of our vendors for the wedding and we were impressed with each and every one of them. Kirsten is a genuine sweetheart and we would choose her over and over again to be our wedding coordinator. All of our guests commented about how pleasant and organized Kirsten was. As for the venue itself.... we are still in awe at the beauty of Fort Zachary Taylor. The gorgeous sunset off R2, the sea grape tree, and the lovely beach, are just a few of the countless pieces that made our wedding extraordinary. We highly recommend Kirsten, Fort Zachary Taylor, and Key West’s Best Beach for your special day!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Nicholas · Married on 05/04/2018

Our wedding was a dream come true. Everything was perfect. Kirsten helped plan everything down to the smallest detail. The day before the wedding, during the rehearsal, every detail was explained to us so we knew exactly what was going to happen. The day of the wedding went flawlessly. The service was excellent, we got to enjoy and savor our big day rather than dealing with issues that come up during the wedding. Kirsten took care of everything.

Sent on 05/18/2018

Rebecca · Married on 04/07/2018

We had an absolutely perfect wedding at Fort Zachary Taylor and Kirsten helped make the night exactly the way we envisioned! If you’re looking to have a beach wedding I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding here and having Kirsten help coordinate everything. We didn’t have any stress about our destination wedding since she was able to help with everything.

Sent on 04/12/2018

Kathleen · Married on 04/07/2018

The Havana menu from Great Events Catering was very very good. Definitely would recommend it.
    The DJ from Soundwaves and Mike our photographer were great also. Definitely would recommend them to others.
    Our events was enjoyed by all. The weather was great along with service. Sunset amazing. Would highly recommend Fort Zachery Park for an outdoor weddings.

Sent on 04/16/2018

michael · Married on 04/05/2018

The folks at Ft. Zachary Taylor were fabulous for a destination wedding! Kirsten incorporated our ideas with her experiences to result in a memorable event. She kept us on track with the planning and the day of the event was smooth! Not one regret or wish that something else happened. The venue is naturally wonderful and the subtle enhancements make it what you imagine in your dreams for the ultimate wedding adventure. Our friends and family still are speaking about the experience months later.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Marnie · Married on 03/25/2018

Kirsten was beyond helpful throughout the entire planning process and the event. If ever we had a question or concern, her responses were quick and helpful. Kirsten and the supporting staff were all very personable which made our family feel welcomed. Our wedding was beautiful, the site was breathtaking, and the the entire experience exceeded our expectations. The sunset ceremony was a fairytale and dream come true. All the staff was very attentive to both us and our guests. All of our family and friends had a great time, and everything just ran smoothly. Thank you for making our day a beautiful memory to cherish. We will be back to our favorite spot at Fort Zachary to celebrate for years to come.

Sent on 04/19/2018

Diane · Married on 02/11/2018

Fort Zachary was beautiful. Kirsten Corpion was amazing. Deliciouso catering food was awesome. Karrie porter photography took fascinating pictures. The entire event was fabulous

Sent on 03/17/2018
  • Mary

Mary Del Rossi · Married on 02/11/2018

Absolutely Amazing

Words can't describe how beautiful our wedding turned out and how great the staff was at Fort Zachary. Kirsten is organized, responsive, and incredibly valuable resource for all things wedding related. She helped keep everything calm and happy in what can be stressful situations, especially when planning a wedding from miles away. I feel incredibly lucky we were able to get married at the Fort and for the incredible experience the staff provided for our day.

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 42
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 43
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 44

taryn · Married on 01/26/2018

Loved working with Kirsten! She is truly talented and so easy to work with. We planned our wedding from Germany so communication was only through email. SO you would think that would make things difficult but not in the slightest. There were a lot of emails but she always answered quickly. She took care of everything. Seriously everything. The vendors, the set up. All we did was drop off our extra decorations that we wanted to use the day before and Kirsten and her team set everything up perfectly. I was stress free and very relaxed our wedding day because I trusted Kirsten completely. I don't think ANYTHING went wrong...but that's probably because she never let me know =)...which is great. We had our ceremony at the point...what is not to like? The sunset, ocean, and crashing waves behind you while you're saying your vows is just so romantic. It was stunning. We had our reception in the Fort and it was magical. I wish I could live that day over and over again. It was beyond what I could have imagined it to be and so perfect, and that is largely due to Kirsten being so awesome and accommodating!

Sent on 02/21/2018

Spenser Danielle · Married on 01/06/2018

Kirsten at Fort Zachary Taylor was incredible. We booked the Point for our ceremony location and the Fortress for the reception. The ceremony was breathtaking. The lighting, location, and understated elegance were exactly what I envisioned. The Fortress was the perfect reception location for my husband and I, who both love American History. Our guests were wowed by the unique set up. The day before the event, I dropped a few small decorations, table numbers, and hand selected details off with Kirsten and she took care of the rest. She brought my wedding vision to life. I had nothing to worry about on the day of my wedding other than getting on the Key West Trolley! Further, she helped me select vendors and made sure I had everything covered; such as extra lighting and a dance floor. Kirsten was an integral part of what made my day so perfect, and I highly recommend booking the full service wedding coordination.
    Kirsten was so thoughtful-- she even had my husband and I's meals packed and sent in a to-go container for us since we did not have time to eat at the reception. Seriously, she's the best.

Sent on 01/14/2018
  • F

Frank · Married on 01/06/2018

This truly is Key West's Best Beach. I could not imagine a more picturesque setting and venue for our ceremony. The backdrop created by all the colors during sunset was breathtaking. I strongly recommend a combination of the point and fortress for the ceremony and reception respectively. Our coordinator, Kirsten, did an absolutely amazing job in making our dream a reality. Worth every penny for the full service coordination. We were able to create for our guests a once in a lifetime experience full of joy and beauty. If you are looking to marry in Key West, look no further.

Sent on 01/20/2018
  • Julianne

Julianne · Married on 09/09/2017

Beautiful R2 site

Our wedding was May 17 at site R2. Kirsten our coordinator was absolutely amazing to work with. Step by step she sent me vendor choices to pick which made the process stress free and fun. Our wedding day Kirsten made me feel at ease and like I had a friend guiding me through the process. Our site was roped off from other sunset patrons and beach goers. The R2 site at sunset was gorgeous and had the famous schooner boats parading In the background. I tried another coordinator prior to Kirsten that failed to inform me about certain festivals going on in key west, and I’m very glad I switched or else my wedding could have been during an unfavorable festivities. I definitely recommend fort Zachary Taylor and Kirsten as your wedding coordinator 🥰

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 45

Brian · Married on 08/26/2017

Hands down I would recommend!! The experience my wife and I experienced was far more that we expected. Kirsten wasn’t just a wedding planner at the end, she made you feel like family. Everything she did she made sure she did it at her personal best. If you want a Beautiful Unforgettable wedding, this is it!!

Sent on 10/12/2017
    Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 46

Allyson · Married on 11/28/2016

My fiance and I were married at Fort Zachary in November and hired Kirsten as our wedding planner. She is absolutely amazing! Not only did she take care of every detail, even finding the gold forks I had to have, she made sure each and every aspect of our day was perfect and ran smoothly. Kirsten made planning a destination wedding enjoyable and stress free!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2016

I cannot begin to express how happy I was with EVERYTHING!!! Kirstin was the best! I booked this destination wedding location, site unseen. We decided to book a last minute trip down a couple months before the wedding and WOW. Venue was amazing and staff were more than accommodating. I think I honestly called Kirstin like once a week (poor thing) and she always took my call or called me/emailed me right back! The patience of a GOD! When we came down for the wedding, she literally thought of everything. I was nervous about missing things or forgetting things I didnt even think of yet; but she had it all figured out before I could even think of it!!!! The day of the wedding we had rain but I gave her control of the decision on whether to move the reception to the fort or keep at the beach, she advised to move to the fort and it was even better than I thought it would be! I dont think I can say enough about her and her staff. PERFECTION!!!! Worth every penny and would do it all again, with no changes (except I would try to be on time, haha)

Sent on 11/21/2016

Vivian · Married on 04/23/2016

Kirsten was very professional and the wedding turned out beautifully.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2016

This venue for my ceremony and reception was like a dream come true. The view was stunning, the timing was perfect and the service was impeccable. If you're planning from out of town, like I did, rest assured that your request will be heard and your wedding executed beyond what you could have imagined. No need for elaborate decorations with such a beautiful background. I highly recommend Ft. Zachary Taylor for the perfect wedding place.

Sent on 05/06/2016