Fort Zachary Taylor State Park Reviews

Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 2
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 03/03/2019

Perfect day

We just got married 3/3/19 at Fort Zachary Taylor park, and I cannot recommend it strongly enough. We had never been to the park before our rehearsal and planned it from out of state. We opted to utilize their day of planner service, but Kirsten was always responsive to my emails/texts/calls and made everything go so smoothly. We were married at R2 (The Point) and had our reception at the Beach Cafe. The setting was gorgeous, and my parents commented on how great Kirsten was at making everything run well. I wouldn't change a thing, and I cannot recommend Fort Zach and Kirsten highly enough!

Emilee · Married on 01/05/2019

Perfect wedding at the beach & fortress!

FZT was our chosen site for our ceremony and reception. We're from NC and we booked our entire wedding from afar...without seeing or meeting anyone in person. Sounds crazy but that's us! This process was guided and made easy by FZT's event coordinator, Kirsten Corpion. She's phenomenal. She knows the in and outs of the wedding business and she knows everyone in Key West. Without her, our wedding planning experience could have been a nightmare. Our ceremony was on the beach and the reception was at the Fortress, both on site at FZT. I cannot speak enough about the beauty and uniqueness of this venue as a whole. Many of our guests told us this was the best wedding they have ever attended! Our wedding day was perfect and everything we imagined and more. If you want a beach wedding in Key West, FZT is the place. I enjoyed the fortress for our reception because it was beautiful and a more formal contrast to the beach. I felt like we had the best of both worlds. 10/10 recommend! Thank you FZT and Kirsten!

Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 3

Cassie · Married on 05/05/2018

Kirsten was hands down the most incredible wedding coordinator. She was always available to answer our texts and phone calls when we needed help during the planning of our wedding. She helped us choose all of our vendors for the wedding and we were impressed with each and every one of them. Kirsten is a genuine sweetheart and we would choose her over and over again to be our wedding coordinator. All of our guests commented about how pleasant and organized Kirsten was. As for the venue itself.... we are still in awe at the beauty of Fort Zachary Taylor. The gorgeous sunset off R2, the sea grape tree, and the lovely beach, are just a few of the countless pieces that made our wedding extraordinary. We highly recommend Kirsten, Fort Zachary Taylor, and Key West’s Best Beach for your special day!

Nicholas · Married on 05/04/2018

Our wedding was a dream come true. Everything was perfect. Kirsten helped plan everything down to the smallest detail. The day before the wedding, during the rehearsal, every detail was explained to us so we knew exactly what was going to happen. The day of the wedding went flawlessly. The service was excellent, we got to enjoy and savor our big day rather than dealing with issues that come up during the wedding. Kirsten took care of everything.

Rebecca · Married on 04/07/2018

We had an absolutely perfect wedding at Fort Zachary Taylor and Kirsten helped make the night exactly the way we envisioned! If you’re looking to have a beach wedding I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding here and having Kirsten help coordinate everything. We didn’t have any stress about our destination wedding since she was able to help with everything.

Kathleen · Married on 04/07/2018

The Havana menu from Great Events Catering was very very good. Definitely would recommend it.
    The DJ from Soundwaves and Mike our photographer were great also. Definitely would recommend them to others.
    Our events was enjoyed by all. The weather was great along with service. Sunset amazing. Would highly recommend Fort Zachery Park for an outdoor weddings.

michael · Married on 04/05/2018

The folks at Ft. Zachary Taylor were fabulous for a destination wedding! Kirsten incorporated our ideas with her experiences to result in a memorable event. She kept us on track with the planning and the day of the event was smooth! Not one regret or wish that something else happened. The venue is naturally wonderful and the subtle enhancements make it what you imagine in your dreams for the ultimate wedding adventure. Our friends and family still are speaking about the experience months later.

Marnie · Married on 03/25/2018

Kirsten was beyond helpful throughout the entire planning process and the event. If ever we had a question or concern, her responses were quick and helpful. Kirsten and the supporting staff were all very personable which made our family feel welcomed. Our wedding was beautiful, the site was breathtaking, and the the entire experience exceeded our expectations. The sunset ceremony was a fairytale and dream come true. All the staff was very attentive to both us and our guests. All of our family and friends had a great time, and everything just ran smoothly. Thank you for making our day a beautiful memory to cherish. We will be back to our favorite spot at Fort Zachary to celebrate for years to come.

Diane · Married on 02/11/2018

Fort Zachary was beautiful. Kirsten Corpion was amazing. Deliciouso catering food was awesome. Karrie porter photography took fascinating pictures. The entire event was fabulous

taryn · Married on 01/26/2018

Loved working with Kirsten! She is truly talented and so easy to work with. We planned our wedding from Germany so communication was only through email. SO you would think that would make things difficult but not in the slightest. There were a lot of emails but she always answered quickly. She took care of everything. Seriously everything. The vendors, the set up. All we did was drop off our extra decorations that we wanted to use the day before and Kirsten and her team set everything up perfectly. I was stress free and very relaxed our wedding day because I trusted Kirsten completely. I don't think ANYTHING went wrong...but that's probably because she never let me know =)...which is great. We had our ceremony at the point...what is not to like? The sunset, ocean, and crashing waves behind you while you're saying your vows is just so romantic. It was stunning. We had our reception in the Fort and it was magical. I wish I could live that day over and over again. It was beyond what I could have imagined it to be and so perfect, and that is largely due to Kirsten being so awesome and accommodating!

Spenser Danielle · Married on 01/06/2018

Kirsten at Fort Zachary Taylor was incredible. We booked the Point for our ceremony location and the Fortress for the reception. The ceremony was breathtaking. The lighting, location, and understated elegance were exactly what I envisioned. The Fortress was the perfect reception location for my husband and I, who both love American History. Our guests were wowed by the unique set up. The day before the event, I dropped a few small decorations, table numbers, and hand selected details off with Kirsten and she took care of the rest. She brought my wedding vision to life. I had nothing to worry about on the day of my wedding other than getting on the Key West Trolley! Further, she helped me select vendors and made sure I had everything covered; such as extra lighting and a dance floor. Kirsten was an integral part of what made my day so perfect, and I highly recommend booking the full service wedding coordination.
    Kirsten was so thoughtful-- she even had my husband and I's meals packed and sent in a to-go container for us since we did not have time to eat at the reception. Seriously, she's the best.

• F

Frank · Married on 01/06/2018

This truly is Key West's Best Beach. I could not imagine a more picturesque setting and venue for our ceremony. The backdrop created by all the colors during sunset was breathtaking. I strongly recommend a combination of the point and fortress for the ceremony and reception respectively. Our coordinator, Kirsten, did an absolutely amazing job in making our dream a reality. Worth every penny for the full service coordination. We were able to create for our guests a once in a lifetime experience full of joy and beauty. If you are looking to marry in Key West, look no further.

Brian · Married on 08/26/2017

Hands down I would recommend!! The experience my wife and I experienced was far more that we expected. Kirsten wasn’t just a wedding planner at the end, she made you feel like family. Everything she did she made sure she did it at her personal best. If you want a Beautiful Unforgettable wedding, this is it!!

Fort Zachary Taylor State Park 4

Allyson · Married on 11/28/2016

My fiance and I were married at Fort Zachary in November and hired Kirsten as our wedding planner. She is absolutely amazing! Not only did she take care of every detail, even finding the gold forks I had to have, she made sure each and every aspect of our day was perfect and ran smoothly. Kirsten made planning a destination wedding enjoyable and stress free!

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2016

I cannot begin to express how happy I was with EVERYTHING!!! Kirstin was the best! I booked this destination wedding location, site unseen. We decided to book a last minute trip down a couple months before the wedding and WOW. Venue was amazing and staff were more than accommodating. I think I honestly called Kirstin like once a week (poor thing) and she always took my call or called me/emailed me right back! The patience of a GOD! When we came down for the wedding, she literally thought of everything. I was nervous about missing things or forgetting things I didnt even think of yet; but she had it all figured out before I could even think of it!!!! The day of the wedding we had rain but I gave her control of the decision on whether to move the reception to the fort or keep at the beach, she advised to move to the fort and it was even better than I thought it would be! I dont think I can say enough about her and her staff. PERFECTION!!!! Worth every penny and would do it all again, with no changes (except I would try to be on time, haha)

Vivian · Married on 04/23/2016

Kirsten was very professional and the wedding turned out beautifully.

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2016

This venue for my ceremony and reception was like a dream come true. The view was stunning, the timing was perfect and the service was impeccable. If you're planning from out of town, like I did, rest assured that your request will be heard and your wedding executed beyond what you could have imagined. No need for elaborate decorations with such a beautiful background. I highly recommend Ft. Zachary Taylor for the perfect wedding place.

Jamie · Married on 03/26/2016

We loved having our wedding at Fort Zachary Taylor! Kirsten made everything so easy and our wedding day was perfect! I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking to have a beautiful beach wedding!

Chandra · Married on 01/04/2016

Kirsten Corpion was amazing and so helpful to us for our event. We decided pretty quickly to have the wedding in Key West at Fort Zachary Taylor. She helped direct us to Vendors and be sure to keep everything moving so that it all happened in a very short time. The Venue was fabulous!!! So beautiful and so convenient for all everyone.

Michael · Married on 12/12/2015

When we first chose to have our wedding in Key West, Ft Zachary was already one of the locations we were excited to see. Once we actually saw it in person it was an easy decision for both the ceremony and reception venue. For our ceremony we chose "The Point" location. It was a beautiful space right on the water that provided us with amazing photos of the ceremony. The reception was located by the beach cafe. The way that the area was setup was absolutely beautiful. The space also features a fire pit and a beer boat that everyone at the party loved. I couldn't recommend this place enough for people looking to get married in Key West. To top it all off the event manager Kirsten Corpion is amazing at her job. For our wedding we hired her as our wedding planner to help us find all our vendors and deal with the contracts. She seems to know everyone in town and had great recommendations. For couples looking for a nice outdoor venue in Key West this is definitely the spot and I highly recommend having Kirsten as your wedding planner.

The venue was perfect for our ceremony.
    So helpful? Kirsten and the staff were there for us from the beginning stages to the champagne toast after our ceremony on the beach.

Kelly · Married on 09/11/2015

Kirsten at Fort Zachary Taylor is absolutely amazing! Like all destination weddings your nervous because you don't get to meet anyone helping you or see things until your there, Kirsten put my mind at ease and everything was perfect! Couldn't of asked for things to go any better or be any more beautiful!

Charlotte · Married on 09/05/2015

When a dream becomes a reality and its all possible because of Kirsten Corpion. The location was absolutely phenomenal for our venue and was everything we imagined it would be. Kirsten put us in touch with so many wonderful vendors who truly made our wedding become a true reality. She was helpful, able to talk when ever needed, had solid advice and was great in helping negotiate contracts. Kirsten setup appointments for our vendor meetings ahead of time, took the time to thoroughly listen to us, and made everything on our wedding day.

Our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing our wedding ceremony or reception was, it truly was a dream come true and we can't thank Kirsten enough for all her hard work and dedication to making our wedding a true reality. Thank you for everything Kirsten.

Christine · Married on 06/05/2015

Kirsten is the best. She helped us find the vendors and made great suggestions for everything we asked her about for our wedding. The Point Beach was the perfect place for our sunset wedding. We have some glorious sunset pictures of us and our wedding guests. We couldn't be any happier.