Kevin York Photography Reviews

Kevin York Photography 5
Kevin York Photography 6
Kevin York Photography 7

Rob · Married on 03/24/2018

AMAZING! Kevin and his assistant worked tirelessly to make our day perfect. He literally captured ALL of our moments from start to finish. His ideas, angles and lighting really made our photos pop. All of our guests were captured at one point or another (candid and otherwise). Kevin will be our go to photographer from here on out!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    Kevin York Photography 8
    Kevin York Photography 9

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Yana & Rob Thank you for such a great day we had lots of fun! I wish you all the best. Sincerely , Kevin

Nicole · Married on 10/28/2017

Kevin worked with my husband & I on our engagement and wedding day photos. My Mother-in-Law is THRILLED with our wedding photos and Bill & I love that Kevin was extra flexible about including our rescue dog, Goldie Mae, in our engagement pictures.

Sent on 03/18/2018
    Kevin York Photography 10
    Kevin York Photography 11
    Kevin York Photography 12
    Kevin York Photography 13

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Nicole & Bill, Thank you for such a wonderful review! We loved being with you on your special day! Sincerely, Kevin

Mariane · Married on 07/15/2017

Selecting your wedding photographer is a big deal! Possibly the most important decision you actually make during wedding planning. Pictures are the only thing you get to keep after the wedding day has come and gone. We met Kevin at a bridal show in Philadelphia and we loved his work from day 1. After speaking with him over the phone, we knew that this was THE guy for us and we hired him! A few months before the wedding, we had our engagement shoot and fell in love with his photography style and his personality even more! Kevin knows how to take phenomenal pictures and how to make you feel natural about having your picture taken. Everyone will tell you that the day of your wedding is hectic and there are so many things happening at once. It is 100% vital that your photographer know what to expect, how to deal and how to capture the many memories made on the big day. Drew and I can 100% say that Kevin and Justin totally conquered our day. Their creativity, personalities, experience - the list goes on and on! Kevin York Photography went above and beyond anything we could have imagined for our wedding day. Thank you so much to Cindy for your responsiveness and assistance in the time leading up to the wedding. And, thank you so much to Kevin and Justin for capturing the special moments that we experienced in addition to the moments that we missed on our wedding day. We can't thank you enough.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mariane, being park of your special day was a pleasure. Cindy, Justin and I loved working with you and Drew! Your images are great because you guys are a great couple, your chemistry is off the charts!

Jessica · Married on 07/08/2017

Kevin and his assistant Justin went above and beyond to meet all of our wedding needs! We met Kevin two years before at my friend Cait's wedding where he was the photographer. My husband and I immediately felt a comfort and ease with a Kevin at her wedding. When it came time to plan our own wedding , we knew exactly who we wanted to hire! Kevin and Justin made us feel comfortable the whole time which made our pictures even more priceless! We could not have been happier with our photos and Kevin's services. We would highly recommend Kevin for anyone that wants great pictures that come with a worry free garuntee day!

Sent on 03/14/2018
    Kevin York Photography 14

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank You Jessica, We had a great time with you and James. I felt comfortable with both of you as well, kinda like being with old friends:)

Abby · Married on 10/03/2015

I was really happy using Kevin York Photography. Kevin was booked for our wedding day, but Brian Michael was available and we were very pleased with him as our photographer. He made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process and he was really helpful on the wedding day (he had all kinds of tips/suggestions not only photography related but as someone who has obviously been present at a lot of weddings and knows what little things will be helpful throughout the day/night). He was present without being intrusive and was very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Thank you so much Abby!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/12/2014

My good friend had used Kevin for her wedding and had nothing but great things to say. We had Kevin shoot our wedding and we are more than pleased. He was great to work with and made me very comfortable. We had no doubt our pictures would turn out great and they did. Would recommend Kevin again and again .

Kevin York Photography was a pleasant experience from start to finish. Kevin invited us to do an engagement photo shoot, so that he could get to know us and subsequently help him photograph us better for the wedding day. Come wedding day, Kevin was like a magician. Not only was he able to get great photographs, but he made sure he was prepared for every nuance of our cultural traditions. He was very nice to work with, and we could tell he wasn't just doing it for the paycheck, but because he enjoys his work. Ultimately, we would highly recommend Kevin York Photography!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Thank you so much!!

John · Married on 04/04/2014

We love our photos! Kevin and Brian really captured our wedding! Thanks for doing such a great job!!!

Maggie · Married on 03/29/2014

We had a wonderful experience working with Kevin for our wedding, and would highly recommend him. He made us feel comfortable which resulted in photographs that looked natural. Even though it poured rain on our wedding day, Kevin worked with the indoor spaces we had available - you'd never know we didn't plan it that way! He did an excellent job capturing the emotion on our faces and on those of our guests. Thanks Kevin!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/02/2013

We booked Brian Michael, a photographer with Kevin York Photography, as our wedding photographer. During our initial search for a photographer, I was really trying to keep the cost down without sacrificing quality. Not an easy task! I didn't want the typical posed/portrait type pictures (except for a few formal ones in the church), but rather more along the lines of candid, "action" type pictures. I wanted the emotion of the day to come through in the pictures. This was EXACTLY what I found when reviewing Brian Michael's portfolio, and subsequently, the results I received in my wedding day pictures. I can't express enough, the excellent experience we had with Brian, from the engagement photo session, through to the last minute of my wedding. We booked Brian for a full day. He and his assistant Jessica arrived on time and ready to go. Unfortunately, I had locked myself up in my room to get away from all the chaos going on downstairs, and was not necessarily ready. They were so patient with me, and really helped me to relax. From that moment on, they were taking care of everything, from helping me with my veil so it didn't get snagged on anything, to keeping track of time and where I needed to be at each moment. I felt like we knew each other for years. When the pictures were available for viewing, I can't tell you how many times I sat and viewed the online album. Each time I look at my pictures, I love them more and more. If you're looking for high-end quality images, but don't want to pay the high end prices, then I HIGHLY recommend you look into Brian Michael of Kevin York Photography!

Sent on 05/24/2014

Thank you Elizabeth!!

Jordan · Married on 10/12/2013

I will start off by saying I have certainly dropped the ball with writing a timely review for our amazing wedding photographer Kevin York. Soon after my husband and I married in 2013, I started a new job and as the saying goes, "life got in the way." That being said, a year and a half later I still remember our wedding day as vividly as I did on October 12th, 2013, specifically how wonderful it was to work with Kevin York and his team. We knew before our wedding day that Kevin was a true professional. Not only did he coach us through our engagement photo shoot, but he patiently and enthusiastically did so in about 30 degree weather at a beautiful local park in the dead of winter. A trooper to say the least! When it came to our wedding day, Kevin was all of that and more. Both Kevin and his second shooter were kind, patient, funny, charismatic, professional, creative, and downright true pleasures to work with. From morning until night both Kevin and his second shooter had smiles on their faces and were constantly making both my husband and I laugh, which took any nerves right out of us. Kevin was also incredible at directing us whether it was through posing, testing different areas of the venue, or sneaking us out of dinner to take the most breath taking shots under the night sky. His years of experience were impossible to miss. What was also impossible to miss was his passion for what he does. After our ceremony it would have been easy for any photographer to rush through some group/intimate photos as we had limited time before our reception was to start. However, Kevin insisted that we spend ample time taking several shots under a gorgeous 4:30 pm fall sunset and I am SO eternally grateful for that. He knew what those photos would produce for us, and truly had our interests before anyone else's. I could go on and on about Kevin York as an individual and as a photographer, because both are nothing short of phenomenal. Kevin York, we cannot thank you enough!!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank You so much Jordan, I love your review because you capture exactly what I'm about and what I want to give couples like you. You and Davide had a great wedding day! It was really all smiles ,laughs and fun. We were just happy to make it special for you forever:)

P · Married on 05/25/2013

I have only seen 2 photos so far but they are awesome! Kevin was great and was wonderful to work with. He and his assistant made everything so easy and fun .

Karen · Married on 12/21/2012

Memorie of a lifetime!
    Kevin York Photography delivered the most amazing pictures for our engagement session & wedding day!!! It is so hard to pick which ones we want, we love all of them! Kevin really goes above & beyond, just relax, put your trust in him, and you will have wonderful memories to last a lifetime!

Melanie · Married on 07/28/2012

Kevin is a knowledgeable and awesome photographer! He thinks on his feet and is very easy to work with. He makes the photography seem effortless and his pictures come out beautifully. He is flexible & will work with you to give you everything you want. Well worth the money!

Margaret · Married on 05/04/2012

I didn't care about food, and other things like most brides.. My biggest concern was the photography... We had looked at a few and either they didn't have that wow factor to them or were extremely overpriced. We were referred to Kevin and from the moment we met him we were in love with his work! He was flexible with everything we had concerns with, made us feel great and relaxed when taking our pictures. I absolutely loved every single photo from our big day! We will definitely use him again whenever we can! Best photographer in my eyes!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Stacey · Married on 11/12/2011

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, please stop here as Kevin York is amazing and is also very affordable. We love our engagement and wedding photos and am glad we picked Kevin. I look at our pictures almost daily and everyone that I show them to is blown away.

Kevin is very professional and easy to get along with which made the whole process very enjoyable. My husband and I lived out of town and he was very easy to work with and very resposinve. Kevin worked with our schedule when we would be in town for meetings and appointments.

We took our engagement pictures just a few days before the wedding and were so overjoyed with the photos. I was so impressed I just needed to have a large photo printed for our wedding day and Kevin made it happen. The day of Kevin knew all the right spots to take photos and worked with our large group very easily. He got all the perfect moments and then some and my husband and I had such a great time together taking the pictures. Our whole day is captured just the way that I imagined.

At the end of the night Kevin put up a slide show of pictures that we had taken earlier and it was so neat to be able to share those pictures with our friends and family that day. They loved them just as much as we did.

I want to thank Kevin and his team for proving us with a great service.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Stacey, We had a wonderful time at your wedding and for November you had a great day! I loved working with you and Matt:)

Gina · Married on 09/24/2011

I loved working with Kevin and his staff. They made me feel comfortable and at ease being photographed. Everything was planned out perfectly and made for a very easy day. The work was very good and they were very affordable.

• Rick

Rick · Married on 07/09/2011

Kevin came highly recommended, and although I don't know all that much about what to look for in a photographer, this guy was hardcore. He's not just a wedding photographer, but an official NASCAR photographer, with a bunch of celebrity photos in his portfolio to boot.

We wanted a low-key photographer, and that's what we got with Kevin York. He wasn't obtrusive, and the few times I did notice him, he was snapping away taking what seemed to be non-stop pictures. When we first got our photos back (the proofs), we were amazed at some of the shots he got that were not only awesome, but it was like "How didn't we see him taking that picture???"

Great photographer, and really nice guy. Comparatively speaking, and with his level of experience and the quality of his work, this guy is a bargain. Wedding day and engagement shoot were about $1,000.00 less than the other photographers we interviewed, and his work was significantly better.

Sent on 09/29/2011

Thank you so much Rick!

Diane · Married on 11/20/2010

Kevin was truly amazing. He was recommended to us by our DJ, and he delivered above and beyond our expectations. He was very artsy, and that was exactly what we were looking for. It was difficult to sort through all of the 'weekend warrior' hobbyist type photographers, so it was refreshing (and relieving) to finally find a real photographer who was formally trained, and didn't just pick up a camera and teach himself.

Kevin was able to not just take the traditional photos, but to capture intimate moments that we never expected. This was a personal touch which brought tears to my eyes when he finally presented the proofs to us. The photos he took were priceless, and most of the time we didn't even know he was there.

We will be spreading his name to our friends planning weddings in the future.

Sent on 02/03/2011

• F

Faye · Married on 05/23/2010

Kevin York is a true professional and a super nice guy and just happens to take the most beautiful pictures around. He made the most of our limited time on our wedding day and rolled with the punches (weather, scheduling and unexpected happenings wise). We were so thrilled with his pictures, which captured such a range of emotions in such a range of styles. He did a great job with the portraits and gives just enough direction to get the best out of you, but without being overbearing. He also did a great job with candid pictures and was unobtrusive during our reception, yet caught amazing moments. Kevin also set up a "photo booth" style portrait area and this proved to be a great surprise and major fun for our guests. I'd recommend Kevin without hesitation - he is a master!

Sent on 05/31/2010

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Faye, It was an awesome day and with an awesome couple! You and Matt rock!!

Sarah · Married on 12/27/2009

Where do I begin with how amazing my wedding pictures turned out?! Where do I begin with how skilled Kevin's eye is for wedding shots, photo opportunities, and creativity with the camera?! Where do I being with how passionate Kevin is for his job and how compassionate he is towards his clients?!
    I came to Kevin York as a bride-to-be with big ideas and a small budget. He worked with me in finding a wedding package that suited my budget, but still gave me everything I wanted with my photos. When my mother and I met with Kevin, we got a great feeling about him right away. He shared stories of the weddings he photographed in the past, and you could tell he enjoyed the weddings as if he were one of the guests celebrating along with the family. I realized it is good to have a photographer that enjoys being there at the wedding while doing his/her job, as opposed to someone just doing their job.
    Kevin has a great fun-loving and out-going personality! My family felt comfortable around him and absolutely loved him! I think his allowed him to capture my family being themselves on film - we're a goofy bunch!
    Kevin's portfolios of photos are gorgeous! The theme of his website is "Let me show you what love looks like", and he does exactly that in every photo, whether it's with you and your groom, or between you and your family and friends. He captures every smile, tear, sigh, and the many moments of laughter! Kevin's ability to be creative with the camera in unfamiliar places provides amazing variety to your album. Some of the most artistic and beautiful photos of me where shot in the decorated lobby of our hotel where I got ready!
    Kevin is quite the experienced photographer! His portfolio of photos, and his ability to create unique photo opportunites and scenes are proof of his experience. But, his ability to snap shots of a personal moment at the wedding that are so intimate, without you noticing his presence is a talent in itself.
    I am very impressed with the collection of photos Kevin took for our wedding, not to mention there are so many to choose from! I would recommend his services to anyone!
    Kevin York is really good at what he does, and he loves it, too! And it shows!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Kevin York Photography's reply:

We had a wonderful day with you! Thank you so much Sarah!!!

Lauryn · Married on 08/07/2009

Kevin is a great pick! Our pictures turned out better than I could have imagined. He was professional and very accommodating. He got some amazing shots without us feeling posed or unnatural. And he's a great guy on top of everything else!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lauryn!!!

Ann · Married on 08/16/2008

Kevin is amazingly talented, professional, and just so enjoyable to be around. He made the whole process so much less stressful. As a person who does not like being photographed, is not photogenic, and was very nervous about the wedding --it was just amazing what Kevin produced!! Kevin's photography was better than we could have possibly dreamed. So many times in life, the photo doesn't do the sight or the occasion justice - but not in this case. Our photo's were just beyond what we ever expected. Kevin captured the fairy tale that we lived! He has an amazing 'eye' and really takes it seriously to produce a work of art. And on top of it, he has such a wonderful sense of humor and easy way about him, that it is such a pleasure to work with him. John and I loved what he did with our photos. I cannot speak highly enough of him, and recommend him to all couples who are getting married.

Sent on 06/21/2010

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ann & John for such a nice review!!

Anna · Married on 07/19/2008

Kevin is awesome!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Anna your awesome!!!

Randy · Married on 07/19/2008

Kevin York made our daughter's wedding day extremely enjoyable. We were confident that he had everything under control, and he was constantly looking for great photographic opportunities. The quality of the photos he provided was outstanding and he gave us so many great shots that we had a hard time staying within our package's maximum. We would highly recommend Kevin to anyone!

Sent on 06/20/2010

Kevin York Photography's reply:

Thank you Randy,Coming from the father of the bride means a lot! All the best!!