Ken's Creative Kitchen Reviews

Ken's Creative Kitchen 4
Ken's Creative Kitchen 5
Ken's Creative Kitchen 6
Ken's Creative Kitchen 7

Kate and I wanted to send you a huge thank you for the fabulous job you did on our wedding. Every detail was perfect, Kathy did a fantastic job ensuring all went without a glitch, as did your entire staff. We received many, many compliments on your staff throughout and post the event. I can’t say enough about everyone from Ken’s that was involved that day – they are true professionals. The only thing better than the food, which was awesome by the way, was the service, simply outstanding.

And the server that was assigned to Kate and I, which was a really nice touch, a young lady with auburn hair (I’m ashamed I can’t recall her name, too much going on at that time) was as Kate put it – “the best server we ever met in our lives” I think says it all! She was absolutely outstanding, Kate nor I ever wanted for anything. That young lady was there and anticipated our every need, yet we hardly knew she was around. Please pass our sincerest thanks to her for a job very well done!

Kate and I knew from your reputation we were getting a good caterer, from the food tastings we knew we were getting great food. But we never expected the overall experience, service, and staff to be so top notch. You and your staff made our soggy wedding day everything we expected and more. It was a pleasure working with you directly from the beginning, your suggestions throughout made for some very nice touches. One guest told me today “when I walked into the Inn on arrival and was greeted by a formally dressed server with a drink selection – I knew this was going to be a great wedding”.

Ken, we can’t thank you enough for the job you did, and the outstanding job Kathy and your staff did during the wedding, and the brunch following. Only word that keeps coming to mind is outstanding!

Please pass a big thank you to all the staff that handled our wedding and let them know we really appreciate the great job by all.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Denise · Married on 09/27/2013

Ken's Creative Kitchen is amazing. We worked with Suzy who helped us with every decision from the hors d’oeuvres to the butter knives. Our preview tasting included all six appetizers, both main courses and the accompaniments. The food was as good as any four star restaurant.
    We were married on a Watermark yacht with a galley the size of my coat closet. The guests are still trying to figure out how they did it. We gave Suzy our ideas of “what” should happen “when” and she made it work. Every detail was perfection from the greeting on the deck with raspberry-infused lemonade to the fabulous desserts, served on the upper deck at sunset on navy and white stripped linens that were just perfect for our nautical theme.
    It was a pleasure working with Suzy and I would recommend Ken’s for any event. They will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Julie-Anne · Married on 09/21/2013

Food was amazing! Friendly wait staff, they circulated during the cocktail hour and made sure that all the guests were taken care of, our seated dinner was spectacular!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Alice · Married on 09/14/2013

Katie and Ken's Creative Kitchen provided us EXCEPTIONAL service for our wedding! If I could give 10 stars, I would. The food was absolutely phenomenal, hands down, period, end of statement. Our guests are STILL raving about the quality of all the food!! My mother-in-law said she's never been to a wedding where the food was so delicious from start to finish. They cook all the food on site so everything is fresh and warm!! They are very flexible with their menu and will offer you great alternates/suggestions if you want. We worked with Katie on the menu design and she was absolutely such a joy to work with! As for the service, that deserves another 10 stars!! Again, we are still hearing from our guests about the level of food service! Everyone said their water/wine glasses were never empty, and that everyone on the wait staff was extremely friendly and respectful. Simply AMAZING service! Oh, I could go on and on. :) Bottom line, if you are looking for exceptional food with exceptional service then look no farther! Ken's is a premiere catering company that offers top-notch food and service so that you can relax and enjoy the day with your hubby, family and friends.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Kati · Married on 09/07/2013

Ken's Creative Kitchen did an amazing job. My husband and I tried had tastings with several caterers in Annapolis and Katie and Helen at Ken's Creative Kitchen impressed us the most.

Katie took our farm fresh "theme" and created a beautiful menu. Everything was delicious. Leading up to the big day, Katie was always responsive and she came for a very helpful site visit a week before the wedding.

Helen and team handled our event on the day of the wedding. She was a dream. Her hard work, organization and enthusiasm ensured that everything from the special cocktail drink to our cupcake table was perfect. We got so many compliments on the food (pork sliders, sweet potato and potato salad, grilled veggies, fresh salad, etc.) and -- it was wonderful and fit perfectly with the setting -- on a farm, in the middle of a field, under the stars. OH! And don't forget to get the crab cakes. We had a double order and everyone LOVED them.

It is a bride's dream to not have to worry on her wedding day and Ken's Creative Kitchen made sure of that!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Ken's Creative provided the catering for my Labor Day wedding weekend, including a Saturday reception and Sunday post-wedding bbq. And I could not say enough good things about their food and professionalism. The event was executed FLAWLESSLY. Katie, our main POC, was amazing and an absolute joy to work with. She helped us plan a menu that matched our vision for the day. And she flexibly adapted when we changed the schedule, guest count, etc. multiple times throughout the 12 months we worked together. You can tell she knows exactly what it takes to pull off an event, and provides great advice on logistics to help ensure everything runs smoothly. She could be a wedding planner! Her team was on time, dressed professionally, and worked tirelessly to please our guests. They were always willing to go the extra mile, helping with tasks beyond their job description, such as decorations and cleanup. The food was mouthwatering. I've been to over 25 weddings in the past three years, and I've never actually liked it so much to crave it again later. Ken's Creative breaks the traditional catering mold. They take such great pride in their food that you feel like you are eating in a 5-star restaurant. Our guests were RAVING about it the next day ("best crab cakes on the eastern shore"). If you want a classy event with a custom menu that your guests will actually remember, pick Ken's Creative. You will get amazing service and food at an unbelievable value. And you benefit from the years of experience that Katie and her team bring, which will help your event to run seamlessly. This was one of the best decisions we made, and we'd recommend Ken's Creative without hesitation. Thank you Katie and the rest of the Ken's team. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would. You made our special day unforgettable (in a good way) and were central to making the entire event a success. We look forward to working with you in the future for another special event. You ROCK.

Sent on 10/20/2013

melanie · Married on 08/24/2013

Ken's creative kitchen, is an amazing vendor. They were one of the first calls I made when my daughter was engaged, and I made the right choice. From the very first phone call, to the tasting,thru the planning and executing the reception with Ken you know all is under control... The cocktail party with drinks and appetizers and the plated dinner were amazing. All of our guests raved about the food and service. Ken and the coordinator Helen are extremely helpful and made the day and night run smoothly. They coordinate seamlessly with the other vendors! We left for the wedding with nothing set up and upon our return everything was set up perfectly, even better than I had imagined. I highly recommend Ken's creative Kitchen for any event..and already know I will be using them for my other 2 daughters weddings in the future and any other events we may have. Thank you to Ken and Helen and all there staff for helping to creative my daughter and son-in-laws dream wedding....

Sent on 08/31/2013

Kit · Married on 07/27/2013

Ken's Creative Kitchen catered my sister's wedding, held just this past weekend at the Annapolis Maritime Museum in Eastport. It was amazing. The food was both gorgeous and delicious - from the outrageously good crab cake appetizers (perfect for weddings with lots of out of towners who need to fill up on crab while in Maryland!) to a bright salad of greens and goat cheese and a surprisingly large entree of crab-topped rockfish. The potatoes served with the entree were also fabulous.

The service was equally great. Everyone was smiling, friendly, professional and prompt. During dinner, water and wine glasses stayed full and during the cocktail hour and dancing, the bartenders were quick and good.

I've been to other weddings catered by Ken and his team - the food and service has been consistently top-notch at all of them. He's fantastic!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY! My husband and I LOVED Ken's Creative Kitchen! Their food is so delicious - I can't tell you how many friends and family members told me it was the best food they'd ever had! I worked with Katie and Helen -- they are the friendliest, warmest women and so easy to work with! Their professionalism exceeded my expectations and I felt very taken care of on my wedding day. Just go in for a tasting and you'll be blown away by how good the food is and how friendly the staff members are. Thank you so much, Ken's! - Laura & Pat

Sent on 07/03/2013

Ken's Creative Kitchen catered our wedding, and they were so easy to work with! After the event, many of our guests came up to us and mentioned how friendly all the wait staff had been and how amazing the food was! Their crab cakes in particular are to die for. We loved this caterer and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Ken's Creative Kitchen is simply the best...their food and service is absolutely incredible. They did the most amazing job with our wedding and our guests are still talking about the unreal food that they provided. Their staff bends over backwards to accommodate you and are super friendly and helpful. I can't say enough positive things about them- I would recommend to anyone who needs catering for absolutely any event!!!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Claire · Married on 03/09/2013

We were so pleased with Ken and his staff. The food was fantastic and the service exquisite. We truly appreciated all of Ken's advice during the process as well. He is very experienced and knows what makes a party/event/wedding successful. He has exceptional taste. In fact, he was the one who suggested our pre-ceremony lemonades butler served on silver passing trays and the last offering of grilled cheese sandwiches and sliders, all of which our guests are still talking about to this very day! We envisioned an elegant and timeless wedding and we couldn't have done it without Ken's professional staff and exceptional culinary talent.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Julia · Married on 10/06/2012

I have no words to describe how amazing Ken's food is. I had so many guests walking up to me saying that it was not only the best food they had at weddings, but one of the best food they had had period. Everyone was very impressed. We had dauphinoise potatoes, roast beef, salmon with ratatouille sauce and salad, as well as crab cakes, shrimp and cheese tarts. Everything was super fresh! The service was absolutely flawless. Helen is the most attentive and polite hostess ever. She is such a happy person! My parents and my in laws wanted to take her home =). Also, Katie, who coordinated the service from the beginning, is the most polite and organized person ever. I was able to reach her at any time! We had to increase the head count so many times and she was very accommodating. Thank you very much to all the crew from Ken's Creative Kitchen for a perfect reception. Katie, Helen, Laurie, and crew, you guys are the BEST!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Kit · Married on 10/06/2012

Ken's staff is unbelievable! They were not only warm and personable, but they were always nearby without being conspicuous. If a glass fell on floor it was cleaned up before anyone noticed it. Cindy took care of the head table where I sat. When my daughter's ," the bride" plate was untouched Cindy hunted her down , so she would eat something..... In a very polite, professional way.
    There is no kitchen where the reception was held, but the food came out on time, hot, and absolutely delicious. Even all the "young people" were raving about the staff and food. I cannot say enough about this team.... And they did work as a compatable, friendly, completely efficient and effortless team!

Sent on 10/10/2012

becky · Married on 09/29/2012

My daughter's wedding Sat was perfect, thanks to the staff at Ken's creative kitchen. Helen our coordinator was there with her service staff to make sure everyone at the wedding had everything they needed or wanted. They took incredible care of my daughter and the rest of the wedding party. They even helped the florist and my sister set up all the extra decor. The planning process was great from the start with Jamie and the rest of the staff. They were patient and offered great advice on how to put together a beautiful reception. All my guests raved about the food. From drinks and appetizers that started as soon as the ceremony was over to a meal of crab cakes, chicken, beautiful veggies and potatoes then ending with warm chocolate chip cookies, the food was fantastic. We looked up when the ceremony was over and the path from the ceremony site to the reception site was lined with servers holding trays of wine and sparkling water. It was a huge hit with all my friends and family.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2012

Not only is Ken's food amazing, their crabcakes and chicken with mango salsa, just to name a couple, but their staff, attention to detail and organization blew me away. They made sure that the reception ran smoothly and that everyone needs were meet, especially me and my groom! I highly recommend Ken's Creative Kitchen for any event!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Moira · Married on 09/29/2012

Kathy and her staff were amazing, the food was outstanding…the cocktail hour set up was surreal! Your staff was so professional and obliging. Thanks for all your guidance…from suggesting set up of the Pavilion grounds, food choices, etc….

I cannot wait for another event to plan and ask Ken’s Creative Kitchen to be the caterer!!!! The baby of the family is only 10 years old…so we may need about 15 years ….I am sure you guys will be around!

Sent on 11/18/2012

When my fiance and I were looking for a caterer for our wedding, we had a few friends tell us, "Look no further than Ken's Creative Kitchen, they are hands down the best," and we went with their advice and couldn't have been happier. The service and quality of food were spectacular. All of our guests were raving about how the food was the best food they'd ever had (we had their crab cakes and filet mignon as entrees...delicious). But even more than just the quality of the food, the service was what really made everything stand out. I was worried about how all of the details were going to come together on the day of, but Jamie and Helen both took over and made sure that everything flowed flawlessly and turned out better than anything I had ever anticipated. When we were planning our wedding, my fiance and I agreed that we wanted to make sure that our food was one of the most memorable parts of our wedding, and through using Ken's as our caterer, we definitely succeeded in that. Thank you Ken's, for everything! Now I just need one of my friends to get married in the Annapolis/DC area so that they can have you cater it and I can enjoy the food again :)

Sent on 01/28/2013

Monica · Married on 09/15/2012

From the first contact with Ken ( a phone conversation) I knew we had "struck gold". Our daughiter's wedding on the Eastern Shore presented a challenge. We live in the Philadelphia suburbs and the bride and groom reside in Manhattan. Every single time we either spoke with Ken or met with him, we left with a fabulous sense of confidence that he would be the most important factor on our special day. We never doubted for a minute that the food would be spectacular! ( it was ) Ken guided us through so much more than food. His suggestions should be taken very seriously. He knows his business well.
    Our guests were blown away with the efficient, courteous and friendly manner in which Ken's qualified staff served 240 people a delicious meal to remember in record time!
    Helen was our beautiful event coordinator. It was like having a family member take care of us! She was always looking after every single detail with a smile! Every member of Ken's staff was exceptionally attentive and pleasant and completely professional.
    As you can see, the wedding was only days ago. I wanted to write this while still "on the cloud" that Ken's Creative Kitchen helped create.
    If Ken is in the area of your event. Make the call and take a deep breath.... you have already taken that first step in the direction of a magical day. Ours truly was. Ken's Creative Kitchen was more responsible for that than any other single decision we made. And there will be many. Good luck.
    Monica

Sent on 09/18/2012

Meghan · Married on 09/15/2012

Ken's Creative Kitchen was outstanding and really made our wedding perfect. People are still telling us how wonderful everything was. Ken was fantastic from the start providing ideas and suggestions on how to make our wedding an event to remember. The food was delicious and the staff on the day were fantastic. They saw to our every needs and made sure I was taken care of. I would wholeheartedly recommend this caterer to anyone!

Sent on 11/03/2012

Jan · Married on 09/14/2012

A little over a year ago, after getting very frustrated with trying to find venues online for our daughter's wedding in the Annapolis area (especially since we live in Michigan), I came across Ken's Creative Catering's website and decided to pick up the phone and make a call. And to my surprise, Ken, the owner, answered the phone. From that first conversation, he made me feel special and was more than willing to share his ideas and suggestions without any commitment in using him as our caterer. He recommended the venue which our daughter and her (now) husband fell in love with and from that point on, it was nothing but a great relationship with a truly remarkable caterer. At our first meeting with him, he reflected that above the good food, beautiful service, venue, decorations, etc. that went into making a wedding special, it was all about how we made our guests feel. That matched our feelings as well and our wedding celebration was a true reflection of Ken's vision. The food, refreshments, special touches, service staff, etc. etc. were amazing and our guests are still commenting on how good they felt being a part of our special day. We thank Ken, his competent staff, and Kathy, our event coordinator, for making our wedding celebration a magical day for all of us. The memories that we have are over the top. And....my 92 year old retired navy chef uncle confirmed that the crab cakes were the BEST he ever ate. That in itself is a true testament as he is very critical of good food. Thank you Ken and staff for all you did to make this a grand celebration!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/08/2012

Helen and your staff were such an absolute pleasure to work with. Did they crumple when the gale-force winds struck five minutes after the ceremony? No!! They held everything together and kept the celebration going without missing a step! I cannot tell you how many compliments we have received on the food and service. I for one will not soon forget that your staff literally saved my daughter's wedding reception from ruin. As we have been sitting back reflecting on the day, my daughter and I have realized that Helen was behind us every step of the way, anticipating our needs, always with her beautiful smile and charming personality.
    Thanking you most sincerely,
    Sarah Northam
    (Erin and Brad Mullins)

Sent on 09/10/2012

George · Married on 08/04/2012

Search no more! This is THEE Place! SIX STARS. Father of the bride review follows. Outstanding in every aspect! Food was exceptional. Staff provided impeccable service- unobtrusive but attentive. Ken Upton is simply the best. Top flight, professional in every regard, and reduced any stress associated with hosting 150 guests. Still receiving thank you notes from my guests, raving about the food and service.

Sent on 08/09/2012

Alison · Married on 08/04/2012

My husband and I hired Ken's Creative Kitchen to cater our wedding and it was absolutely the best decision we made in the wedding planning process! Ken met with us multiple times before the wedding day to go over the details of the menu and the event as a whole. Ken, Tina (our event manager) and the rest of the staff truly made our wedding spectacular. Not only does the company use the highest quality fresh and local ingredients (and therefore make some of the best food we've ever tasted), but Ken and his staff are all extremely professional, accommodating, and knowledgeable. They have many years of experience in the business and it shows--they executed our wedding perfectly! The guests are still raving about how delicious our wedding food was and what a great time they had. It was all thanks to Ken's Creative Kitchen! If I could give this company six stars, I would--that's how fantastic they are!!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Laura & Patrick · Married on 07/21/2012

If you are looking for a caterer in the Annapolis area, we highly recommend Ken Upton and his staff at Ken's Creative Kitchen. From our initial meeting with Ken, we just got the good feeling from him that he knows weddings and is going to make ours perfect!! Perfect it was indeed. His staff was on top of everything and it's almost like you didn't even know they were there. The food was outstanding!!! Every person we have talked to since our wedding has raved about the food and how everything was just perfect. Ken & his team not only acted as our caterer, but pretty much the wedding coordinators all together. We could not have been more pleased with how our day went, thanks for your team!! Thank you, Ken!

Sent on 09/11/2012