Ken's Creative Kitchen Reviews

160 | Annapolis, MD

160 Reviews for Ken's Creative Kitchen

• Rachel

Rachel · Getting married on 02/26/2021

Ken catered by wedding for 300 people. The food was outstanding & people are still talking about how delicious EVERYTHING was. The oyster bar was a huge hit! Everyone really loved the crab cakes, beef, and lobster mac & cheese. They did a great job with everything and i hope i can use them again some day for a different type of event!

Sent on 09/19/2014
  • Katie

Katie Folkening · Married on 10/22/2020

Best Caterer and AMAZING food!

Kens Creative kitchen was hired for my wedding and rehearsal dinner. Covid-19 really put a dent into our wedding plans. We had to cancel our wedding in Cabo, Mexico and decided on a small wedding with immediate family in Annapolis MD. With just over a month to plan a second wedding, Kens Kitchen stepped in a made our wedding one we will never forget! Lauren helped make our rehearsal and reception dinner everything we could have asked for! I was unable to travel to Annapolis before the wedding but you would have never known! Lauren helped make my vision come to life! Kens staff was attentive, nice, respectful and so fun to work with! They made everything so easy! The food was also to die for! We had crab cakes and fillet migon for the reception dinner and everyone is still talking about how fantastic it was days later! We had a crab feast for the rehearsal dinner and I was completely blown away by the jumbo crabs! Overall, Kens Creative Kitchen not only had food to die for but their staff made such a great impression. My fiancé and I were unable to hire a day of coordinator because of the financial impact of our original wedding that was cancelled. Kens kitchen went out of their way and took on job responsibilities out of their scope. I can’t thank them enough for everything they did to make my wedding so special. I will forever be grateful. Book Kens Kitchen! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle mueller · Married on 05/30/2020

Amazing food & service!

Ken, the food, and his wait staff were the highlight of our wedding weekend! I have some professional chefs in my family and tough critics and we were all SO IMPRESSED with our rehearsal and wedding dinners. Ken could not have been more responsive and flexible with replanning some of our events due to COVID. Use his team for your wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2020

Mara Bensing · Married on 08/31/2019

Best of the best!

When it comes to catering, Ken's is a no-brainer. From the moment I connected with the team about my wedding day, the rest could not have been easier. Katie was so on top of everything from the very beginning, and Kathy and Helen were literal angels the day of as my right-hand gals—true professionals in every aspect!

Now let's get to the food. ABSOLUTELY IMPECCABLE. I can't even count how many people were talking about how delicious everything was (not to mention are still talking about it!), and how flawless the service was all day and night. Catering was the easiest decision we made while planning, and Ken's took our wedding from great to spectacular. Seriously, look no further!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Lia Bensing · Married on 08/31/2019

Superb wedding!

Helen, Kathy,Katie and staff at Ken’s are pure professionals! Guided us through every catering detail from rehearsal dinner to wedding food stations. The food was outstanding! Our “foodie” guests could not stop complimenting or eating!
    Also, day of- the staff were on top of the timing of everything! Leaving the bride, family and guests carefree to enjoy each spectacular moment! Thank you for the cherished memories!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Martha

Martha · Married on 08/24/2019

Incredible food and service!

Cannot say enough wonderful things about the team (and the food!) at Ken’s Creative Kitchen! Lauren was incredibly responsive in setting a menu for our tasting. When we got to the tasting, she had a beautiful table set and had made our signature cocktails for us to try. We had the best meal and knew we had to choose Ken’s! She was also so helpful with working with our venue and helping us place alcohol orders for our wedding day. On the day of, Lauren and the team made sure my husband and I had champagne and plenty of hors d’oeuvres in our bridal suite so we could have a nice moment alone between the ceremony and reception. Often, the bride and the groom don’t get a chance to eat during their reception but the Ken’s team made sure we were able to enjoy all of their amazing food! Highly, highly recommend! I just wish we had another party to plan so we can enjoy more of their food!

Sent on 07/07/2020

Caroline · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible Experience!

I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Ken’s Creative Kitchen! Ken’s continually went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. The food was delicious and I had many guests tell me how much they enjoyed their meals. Beyond the food though, Lauren, our catering coordinator, and the entire staff really made everything from rentals to food to timelines come together. I didn’t have a wedding planner and I honestly didn’t need one because Ken’s services were so all inclusive. Lauren was so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and also so sweet to me and our families on the wedding day! Thank you to Lauren and all of Ken’s staff for all of your hard work!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Jen

Jen Davis · Married on 07/13/2019

Easiest wedding decision

Let catering be your easiest wedding vendor selection. Ken's Creative Kitchen is the pro team. Food was excellent. Service was fantastic. Katie is incredibly responsive and professional. She made the planning process seamless. We left the tasting with happy full bellies. On the day-of, Helen was that smiling kind face that kept checking in to make sure we had what we needed. Guests raved about the food, especially the crab cakes. I am so happy we selected Ken's for our wedding. We originally considered other vendors to "feel like we'd done our research," but, as my fiance pointed out, I was so comfortable and trusting of Katie and Ken's reputation. It was a stress-free experience (what a treasure in wedding planning!). Thank you Ken's!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 06/02/2019

Words cannot describe - Ken's is simply the best

Ken's Creative Kitchen really made the difference between a good wedding and a spectacular wedding. The service their staff provides and the food that they create (from the tasting and follow-up communication all the way to the wedding day) cannot be compared to any of the other caterers we spoke to. Even our guests noticed and commented on how wonderful the caterers were. I cannot thank Ken and his team enough.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/01/2019

Best Caterer Ever!

The BEST food, service, and planning imaginable! Our wedding guests are still raving about Ken's from our wedding a few months ago. We can't imagine any other caterer coming close to Ken's amazing service!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Charlotte · Married on 05/11/2019

Delicious and Amazing!!

I could not more highly recommend Ken's Creative Kitchen. We had MANY people tell us they were the best wedding food they had ever had. We worked with Katie for most of the process. She was incredibly organized and provided suggestions as requested. On the day of the wedding we worked with Helen. She put me at ease. She had everything under control. I would ask a question and she not only knew the answer, but would often have checked in on whatever I was thinking about already. She was a rock star! The whole team was. It felt like we had a specific server attending to our needs. She went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted. The entire night, I knew everything was flowing easily. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Do yourself a favor and hire Ken's!!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Rachel Chun · Married on 04/06/2019

A-mazing from start to finish

My husband and I worked with Lauren throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is truly exceptional. Smart, personable, professional, flexible...she worked with us to create a catering menu we could afford, and staffed appropriately to execute a flawless dinner service. She is also quite knowledgeable about aspects of the wedding day outside of just catering. She acted as our coordinator on the wedding day as well, perfection! She greeted us with drinks and appetizers the moment our ceremony ended, and was always one step ahead in ensuring every aspect of the reception unfolded perfectly. She is a gem!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Kerrie

Kerrie · Married on 09/22/2018

You MUST go with Ken's

Ken and his team are the absolute best. Ken and his team thoroughly thought through every second of my wedding from guests arriving to leaving and ensured that it was orchestrated perfectly. Additionally, Ken's food is absolutely phenomenal. Their knowledge and expertise in wedding coordination and catering is unmatched. I highly recommend them. They made our day better than what I ever thought imaginable.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Made our day perfect!

Kens Creative Kitchen and their amazing staff is the reason why our wedding was so special. They handled all of the day-of details flawlessly and helped guide our night so it seemed seamless to all of our guests. The food, as always, was phenomenal. All our guest's post-wedding made it a point to tell us how much they enjoyed all of the dishes that were served, ESPECIALLY, the hot chocolate chip cookies served with Baileys shots... Kens came up with the idea and it was a total success. If you want to be stress-free on your wedding day, I cannot recommend you use Kens, they are the best.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Michael · Married on 06/23/2018

Ken Upton single-handedly made my daughter's wedding simply amazing!! We had meetings, tasting and more tastings to get everything perfect and perfect it was. I have had events catered before but nothing like this. Ken and his team seamlessly helped us with everything - he set the pace and tone of the wedding, arranged for all grade A rentals, had a staff that set up, served and tore down with a constant smile and top notched professionalism the entire time, as well as providing Michelin quality food for everyone from children to vegans to seniors! Ken has catered to dignitaries such as Ambassadors and National TV Anchormen, and he made me and my family feel just as important as them. It was truly an honor to have worked with Ken and his team. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Ken was the best decision I made. Knowing that he was catering my wedding took a lot of pressure off me. He catered my father's wedding five years ago, so I knew that not only would the food and service be superior, but that everything would run smoothly and be beautiful. Helen was the coordinator on my wedding day and was an absolute joy to work with. She made everyone feel so special and relaxed. Ken is so much more than a caterer--he is the glue that makes everything look flawless!!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Catherine · Married on 05/26/2018

Excellent food! Our guests were thrilled with the food and the service was exceptional! The servers attention to detail was above and beyond.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Dale · Married on 04/28/2018

Ken's Creative Kitchen made my daughter's wedding a spectacular success! The food was delicious, the service was impeccable and Lauren was amazing! She and her family went above and beyond to help us in so many ways! I totally understand why they have been voted the "Best Caterer in Annapolis" for the past ten years! Lauren is passionate about her family's business and you can tell that she loves her job! Best caterer and best wedding ever! Thank you, Lauren!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Mary · Married on 10/28/2017

Ken's catered our daughters wedding on October 28th. We could not have been happier. The food was seriously delicious. Everyone raved about it. Our event manager Lauren helped us with the whole wedding from recommendations for other vendors to day of coordination. No need for a planner or coordinator with Lauren on the job! It was perfect from beginning to end!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2017

Excellent service and incredible food. We've used this caterer for many of our wine pairing dinners over the last several years and I thought it was about time I should leave a review! The menu is always thoughtfully arranged, the food is always delectable and they are very accommodating when it comes to food allergies/substitutions. Above and beyond!

Sent on 10/12/2017

meg · Married on 10/07/2017

As Mother of the Bride, I found Ken's team to be incredibly easy to work with. My friends and family couldn't stop raving about the food. They were friendly, helpful and so professional! They took care of every little detail and were always polite, and non-intrusive. Truly an incredible value!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kathleen · Married on 09/30/2017

I am so so happy we went with Ken's for our wedding. The food was incredible! We had so many guests come up to us to tell us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. Ken was so accommodating and helpful in creating our menu. He really listened to our vision and delivered. The service was so impressive too. No one had an empty glass for long. Hellen was our hands on point of contact for the night and she made everything seem so seamless. She provided us full plates of food the moment my husband and I were done with sunset photos. I really cant say enough how happy we were with the food. Thank you guys so much for making our day special AND delicious!!!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Tracy · Married on 09/22/2017

Working with Ken's Creative Kitchen was one of the absolute best wedding vendor choices we made. Ken's catering expertise MADE our wedding-- his services include so much more than just the food. Ken and his team are incredibly knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful with the wedding planning process. He was so patient and walked us through an intricately detailed timeline of what to expect on our wedding day. Ken worked with our budget to create a comprehensive menu to please everyone. He had so many creative ideas and is an entertainment genius. We rented linens, tables, silverware, glassware, etc. through Ken, as well, and everything was accounted for, in excellent condition, and set up beautifully by his staff. Ken's knew the venue space and staff, which made the set up and execution of the event flawless. Ken allowed us to taste our chosen menu ahead of time, make tweaks here and there, and totally delivered on flavor and presentation on the day of the wedding. Our guests were blown away by the quality of the food-- the crab cakes are delicious. Our event manager, Cathy, was another irreplaceable asset the day of the wedding. She made sure I was completely taken care of (drink in hand, comfortable, ready for various events). All of Ken's staff (waiters, chefs, cooks, and bartenders) were professional, efficient, and attentive. I would make this same vendor decision over and over again!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Alana · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the team at Ken's Creative Kitchen! They catered my wedding, and they were simply amazing. My husband and I are foodies, and we did not want to skimp on food for our reception. From the initial planning to the execution on the day of, Ken's was fabulous during the entire process. Lauren was so sweet and professional, and she helped me to create several different menu options that would work at different price points. Not only did she assist with creating our perfect menu, but she also helped with rentals for the reception, which contributed to the perfect atmosphere of our reception. A huge shout out to Kathy as well! She helped make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed at our reception, even before we knew we needed it. She had drinks waiting for the entire wedding party when we arrived to the reception, which they are all still raving about. We felt like celebrities because of the way we were catered to, and that made us feel even more special.
    I highly recommend Ken's to any couple planning a wedding in the Annapolis area. I planned my wedding from across the country, and I never felt out of the loop or worried about anything, thanks to Ken's Creative Kitchen. They are simply incredible, and I will never forget how perfect they made our special day. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Sent on 09/21/2017