144 Reviews for Ken's Creative Kitchen

Italian (1)
Mexican (1)
No Pork (1)
144 Ken's Creative Kitchen Reviews

Ken Upton single-handedly made my daughter's wedding simply amazing!! We had meetings, tasting and more tastings to get everything perfect and perfect it was. I have had events catered before but nothing like this. Ken and his team seamlessly helped us with everything - he set the pace and tone of the wedding, arranged for all grade A rentals, had a staff that set up, served and tore down with a constant smile and top notched professionalism the entire time, as well as providing Michelin quality food for everyone from children to vegans to seniors! Ken has catered to dignitaries such as Ambassadors and National TV Anchormen, and he made me and my family feel just as important as them. It was truly an honor to have worked with Ken and his team. THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Michael, 6/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Cajun, Seafood, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

Working with Ken was the best decision I made. Knowing that he was catering my wedding took a lot of pressure off me. He catered my father's wedding five years ago, so I knew that not only would the food and service be superior, but that everything would run smoothly and be beautiful. Helen was the coordinator on my wedding day and was an absolute joy to work with. She made everyone feel so special and relaxed. Ken is so much more than a caterer--he is the glue that makes everything look flawless!!

Photo for Ken's Creative Kitchen Review - Wedding Reception--Port Annapolis Marina
Photo for Ken's Creative Kitchen Review - Rehearsal Dinner
Profile Picture Kristen , 6/23/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Excellent food! Our guests were thrilled with the food and the service was exceptional! The servers attention to detail was above and beyond.

Profile Picture Catherine, 5/26/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Local

Ken's Creative Kitchen made my daughter's wedding a spectacular success! The food was delicious, the service was impeccable and Lauren was amazing! She and her family went above and beyond to help us in so many ways! I totally understand why they have been voted the "Best Caterer in Annapolis" for the past ten years! Lauren is passionate about her family's business and you can tell that she loves her job! Best caterer and best wedding ever! Thank you, Lauren!

Profile Picture Dale, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ken's catered our daughters wedding on October 28th. We could not have been happier. The food was seriously delicious. Everyone raved about it. Our event manager Lauren helped us with the whole wedding from recommendations for other vendors to day of coordination. No need for a planner or coordinator with Lauren on the job! It was perfect from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Lactose Free, Vegan, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, American, Local, Seafood, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Excellent service and incredible food. We've used this caterer for many of our wine pairing dinners over the last several years and I thought it was about time I should leave a review! The menu is always thoughtfully arranged, the food is always delectable and they are very accommodating when it comes to food allergies/substitutions. Above and beyond!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

As Mother of the Bride, I found Ken's team to be incredibly easy to work with. My friends and family couldn't stop raving about the food. They were friendly, helpful and so professional! They took care of every little detail and were always polite, and non-intrusive. Truly an incredible value!

Profile Picture meg, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: American, Seafood, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast

I am so so happy we went with Ken's for our wedding. The food was incredible! We had so many guests come up to us to tell us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. Ken was so accommodating and helpful in creating our menu. He really listened to our vision and delivered. The service was so impressive too. No one had an empty glass for long. Hellen was our hands on point of contact for the night and she made everything seem so seamless. She provided us full plates of food the moment my husband and I were done with sunset photos. I really cant say enough how happy we were with the food. Thank you guys so much for making our day special AND delicious!!!

Photos
Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/30/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, American, BBQ, Seafood, Southern, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the team at Ken's Creative Kitchen! They catered my wedding, and they were simply amazing. My husband and I are foodies, and we did not want to skimp on food for our reception. From the initial planning to the execution on the day of, Ken's was fabulous during the entire process. Lauren was so sweet and professional, and she helped me to create several different menu options that would work at different price points. Not only did she assist with creating our perfect menu, but she also helped with rentals for the reception, which contributed to the perfect atmosphere of our reception. A huge shout out to Kathy as well! She helped make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed at our reception, even before we knew we needed it. She had drinks waiting for the entire wedding party when we arrived to the reception, which they are all still raving about. We felt like celebrities because of the way we were catered to, and that made us feel even more special.
I highly recommend Ken's to any couple planning a wedding in the Annapolis area. I planned my wedding from across the country, and I never felt out of the loop or worried about anything, thanks to Ken's Creative Kitchen. They are simply incredible, and I will never forget how perfect they made our special day. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Profile Picture Alana, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

There really are no words to express how very special Ken and his team made the wedding reception of our daughter, Katy, over Labor Day Weekend in Solomon's Maryland! From the moment we met Ken at his picturesque Annapolis location, tasted samples of food options, through the entire planning process (that lasted over a year), we were met with gracious, thoughtful and CREATIVE ideas!

Ken is a salesman par excellence but the good news is that he is selling something he truly believes in and he delivers! We have never had such a large event before and we wanted it to be memorable and it was! So many of our guests complimented us on the food, especially the fish! How they can so perfectly prepare a special fish dish for over 100 people in a tent at a marina is beyond me-- It was not only beautiful but delicious. The presentation of the salad, the filet mignon, the sea bass, the chocolate chip cookies, everything was just as gorgeous as promised and tasted superb! Perfect! Kudos to the chef and sous chefs!!

Helen is a true gem. I knew from the moment we met her that she is passionate about what she does. She has such a caring nature and a gentle demeanor that, even when things got a bit dicey (as they sometimes do at big events), she shows calm and gives reassurance to all of us. Helen, and her associate Kathi, who served as "day of", helped to make Katy’s dream wedding come true. I should also mention the very professional and gracious serving staff who greeted us from the first moment with a smile and a glass of prosecco or wine. Just excellent services all around! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Robin, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

First review I've ever written and I cannot imagine a vendor more worthy. Excellent service from our first interaction with Katie Wildt during the planning stage, to the pack-up at the end of the reception, with Helen coordinating the entire event. Any questions prior to the event were answered immediately by Katie and the menu selection and tasting were better than expected. Katie handled the contract with such professionalism and working with her was a genuine pleasure.

What can I say about the actual event? From the moment I met Helen, who was so warm and gracious, I knew we were in excellent hands. The set-up was perfect and every single person on the staff, so professional, from the kitchen staff, to the gentleman setting up the chairs, to each bartender and waiter. Pure class. And the food and presentation? We had several foodies in attendance and guests who have attended numerous weddings and they all said the food was the best they have ever been served at any wedding. As the MOB, I feel like the night was a blur but I do remember looking down at my beautiful salad with crab cake and fried green tomato and seeing the delicate flower nestled in the greens. I smiled to. myself and knew we had made the best decision to go with Ken's. The pictures we just received confirmed this as not only did the food taste delicious, it looked gorgeous!

I could go on and on but just want to reiterate how wonderful Helen was during the entire evening. She was so attentive to the wedding party, before, during and after the ceremony, always making sure we had something to drink, whether it be cucumber water or the signature drink, sangria. She seemed to be everywhere, calming nerves and making sure everyone was attended to, with such friendliness and a beautiful smile. Lastly, she had everything packed and ready to go within minutes as the last guest left, such a relief to my husband and myself.

Thank you for a beautiful day and wonderful memories.

Profile Picture Mary Elizabeth, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Vegan

Worth every penny. Wonderful food and service. The food was truly delicious and the group of staff were amazing and so so patient and helpful. My fiance and I really appreciated all of the help and coordination and I am 100% sure that things would not have gone nearly as smoothly without Ken's team there. Everyone was delightful and I'm so grateful we chose Ken's to cater our wedding. They also sent an event manager for the day who was absolutely instrumental in keeping things on schedule, making sure we covered all the typical wedding events and dealt with everything so well. And all of the guests raved about the food, it reflected the setting beautifully and was actually delicious, not just wedding food.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Allison, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Ken's Creative Kitchens for our June 2017 wedding and we were absolutely impressed! From our first tasting, to our meetings along the way, to the final product on our wedding day, everything was fantastic and exactly how we wanted it to be. Throughout the process, we met with Ken and he helped our vision come to life. We opted for more of a cocktail style reception instead of a seated dinner, which was something new for our more traditional parents to wrap their heads around. But in the end, they were able to give complete trust that Ken would make it great, and he absolutely did! We had butler served hour-d-oeuvres, a salad station, and two buffet tables which later transitioned to dessert tables. The food was absolutely delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests days after the event was over. Also, our day of coordinator, Nancy, was fantastic. She made sure that we, as the busy bride and groom, were taken care of with drinks and food, and dessert to go! The entire staff worked together seamlessly and it was easy to see that this is a business that prides itself on quality. We truly were impressed by Ken's and highly recommend them for your event!

Profile Picture Kira, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ken's Creative Kitchen is amazing. My wife and I worked with Lauren for our wedding, and we could not have asked for a better caterer and day-of coordinator. In the months of planning leading up to the wedding, Lauren was consistently responsive and caring. We planned our wedding from California, and most of our communication was done via email. Lauren always replied promptly, and she had great advice throughout the wedding planning process. My wife and I changed our place settings about 3 times while planning the wedding, and Lauren was always happy to accommodate us. Also, we had tastings with a few caterer's, but Ken's Kitchen outshone them all. We did a brunch themed wedding, and the tasting at Ken's Kitchen was the best brunch we've ever had.

On the day of the wedding everything was perfect. Lauren and her staff made everything look beautiful, and the food was spectacular--our guests are still raving about the creme brûlée french toast. Lauren always made sure my wife and I had a drink in our hand, and we could not have asked for a better wedding.

If you're looking for a caterer with superb food, responsive and kind staff, and incredible organization, Ken's Kitchen is the way to go. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kay, 6/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Ken's Creative Kitchen is literally the best!! First off, I'm not sure how anyone who does a tasting with them chooses anyone else. The tasting room is welcoming, and the food is amazing. Hello crab cakes!

I second the previous comment from another reviewer about "part caterer, part advisor, part family". We worked with Katie, and she is totally amazing. I didn't need a wedding planner or "day of coordinator". That was Katie! She listened to my vision and helped us put together the perfect day.

On the day of the wedding, I have never seen anything run so smoothly. The food was epic, the drinks were flowing, and the service was unparalleled. I know I am biased, but I think it was the best party that I have every been to. Even when I started to have a meltdown because the shuttle was messed up, Katie came to the rescue and helped me & my guests get out the door.

Choosing Ken's was one of the best decisions that I made during my wedding planning process. I'm obsessed and can't wait to plan another party!!

Profile Picture Grace, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved working with Ken's. In the lead up to our wedding, when people would ask who our caterer was, everyone gushed over Ken's, saying they are the best in town. They really are!

The food was incredible, but the people were even better. Katie was a delight to work with - creative, flexible and friendly. The tasting was an incredible experience in and of itself.

The day-of staff were fantastic - genuinely happy people putting out a really amazing product. The catering captain even dropped off a packet of leftovers at our hotel after the wedding, which we enjoyed the next day.

Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Chairs, Local, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

Where to even begin. My husband and I knew that an open bar and food were two of the most important things to us for our wedding day. Our venue had a list of catering choices to choose from which included Ken's Creative Kitchen. From the get go we could tell that Ken's was above the rest just given the amazing choices on their sample menus and the ease of using their website. These were clearly professionals and boy was that spot on. We specifically dealt with Lauren who was absolutely amazing. We had not one, but two tastings in preparation in which everything from appetizers to signature drinks was delicious. We had the most beautiful mojitos on our wedding day and had amazing food like a shrimp and grits bar. Lauren was kind, timely with communication, and always delivered. She was also incredibly flexible and even helped with the day of coordination for us and came with us to our rehearsal the day prior. Her team was equally exceptional. My guests never waited for a drink. They had appetizers and drinks waiting for my entire bridal party as soon as we finished walking down the aisle. I had so many guests and family tell me different things the catering staff did so graciously and quickly to fix any little issue even if it had nothing to do with the catering. They also couldn't stop raving over the food. On your wedding you truly find that having good vendors will completely save you and your sanity. This vendor was beyond my wildest expectations. They made our wedding day so carefree and memorable for us and we can't say enough good things about them! They deserve well over 5 stars!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ken's is not the cheapest game in town, but they are by far the best and worth every penny. Our son's rehearsal dinner (for approximately 100 guests) was at the Paca House, so we needed a caterer to provide food, beverages, rentals and decorations. We are not local to Annapolis, so I was nervous about the logistics. We asked quite a few locals-in-the-know about caterers and everyone said Ken's was their top choice. Katie, who coordinated our event, was a dream to work with. Our first interaction with her was a cold call I made to inquire about their services. She invited us to their office immediately and had a freshly-made sample platter of appetizers, including the most delicious crab cakes you will ever eat, waiting for us. Katie is professional, smart and genuinely kind. She responded to emails and phone calls promptly and answered my questions thoroughly. Katie's recommendations for linens, flowers, menu, etc. were spot on, and she made great suggestions to make our event even more special. (Note that Ken's does not provide alcohol but refers clients to Mills in downtown Annapolis to purchase wine, beer, spirits, etc. Mills made great recommendations based on our budget and then delivered directly to the Paca House on the day of the event. Ken's provides the bartenders and glassware.) I was a little nervous that Katie would not be present at our event, but then I met Helen. Helen took such good care of us! She made sure everything was perfect. She even checked in with the bridal party and made them plates of food from the buffet to ensure they had something to eat while they were busy visiting with guests. Then there was the food. OMG! Our guests RAVED about the food. Every single thing was delicious, beautifully displayed, and abundant. You cannot go wrong hiring Ken's to cater your event. They are the very best.

Profile Picture Trisha, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Server(s), Tastings, American, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables

Food was delicious! Everyone at the reception was talking about the great food. They were easy to work with and gave great service--which I appreciated since I'm from out of town. I would definitely use them again!!

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with Ken's creative kitchen was the absolute BEST decision we made in booking vendors for our wedding!! From the beginning stages of planning to the late hours of our wedding day, Ken and his entire staff were helpful, more than efficient, and a true joy to work with! My husband and I worked primarily with Ken which was fantastic! We had our reception at St. John's college and Ken knows that place inside and out (he even had a more detailed room measurement drawing than the one the venue provided) . He helped with table arrangements, wedding day timeline, picking out the menu, and even creative design of the venue. He is a true pro in the wedding biz, with so much experience and he gives the best advice. And I haven't even begun to describe the food!! I wish there was another star rating for deliciousness, myself and my entire guest list would give it 100 stars! 2 months later people still tell me how wonderful the food was! While searching for a caterer, we found Ken to be comparable price wise to other caterers in the area, but quality is above and beyond amazing!! Our wedding day would have never gone as smoothly as it did without Ken and his staff and we are so grateful to everyone at Ken's creative for all that they did to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/17/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Chairs, Tables, American, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

I had such a great experience working with Ken's Creative Kitchen for my Chesapeake Bay Foundation Annapolis wedding and have already recommended them to my engaged friends!

From start to finish the owner, Ken, and event planner, Helen Stewart, were extremely knowledgeable and happy to help with all of my requests--such as special meals for guests with allergies, renting heaters last minute, and coordinating with our other vendors to ensure things ran smoothly. It was such a relief to be able to rely on them and trust their professionalism during the stressful process of wedding planning and on the actual wedding day. We were so impressed with everyone at Ken's Creative Kitchen that we also had them cater our wedding brunch at my parents' home.

Ken mentioned he treats every event as if he's hosting his own friends and family and that was clearly evident in the case of our wedding which went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend working with Ken, his staff, and event planner, Helen Stewart for any event if you are looking for delicious food and amazing service!

Profile Picture User6321124, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

I wish I could give more then 5 stars to Ken's. They were amazing!! Lauren could of not made planning my wedding any easier. She made me feel like I was the only bride that she was working with. I would email her and she got back to me in no time at all. At my wedding I did not have to worry about a thing. The staff was a professional. The food that is all everyone was talking about. They were the best!!

Profile Picture User6132737, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ken and his entire staff made our special day incredible from start to finish. He walked us through everything we need to do and know as we planned some of the most important parts of our wedding. Throughout, Ken provided unbiased and unadulterated advice, including things we never would have considered, that made our day just perfect. The food was incredible, well presented, and my guests cannot stop raving about it. The staff were the most attentive, made sure we were taken care of from start to finish and went out of their way to make sure everything was better than we could have imagined. I cannot recommend Ken and his crew highly enough. If you do not book with them - you are making a BIG mistake.

Profile Picture Zachary, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings

Ken's catered out wedding this past weekend and WOW! We were blown away! From the start of planning, they offered us so much more than your average caterer. They put their personal touch on just about everything and it made it that much more special! Lauren was our event manager and was nothing short of wonderful. For the day of, they offered to transport and set up our decor and did an impeccable job. Their staff was polite, professional, and all-around wonderful. Lauren helped keep our timing on track and brought Bride and Groom their favorite drinks all night! Our guests complimented us on the delicious food and service all evening. You won't find a better catering service in the area... Go with Ken's! You wI'll be glad you did!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/17/16, 5 Reviews