Ken's Creative Kitchen Reviews

Ken's Creative Kitchen 6
Ken's Creative Kitchen 7

Mara Bensing · Married on 08/31/2019

Best of the best!

When it comes to catering, Ken's is a no-brainer. From the moment I connected with the team about my wedding day, the rest could not have been easier. Katie was so on top of everything from the very beginning, and Kathy and Helen were literal angels the day of as my right-hand gals—true professionals in every aspect!

Now let's get to the food. ABSOLUTELY IMPECCABLE. I can't even count how many people were talking about how delicious everything was (not to mention are still talking about it!), and how flawless the service was all day and night. Catering was the easiest decision we made while planning, and Ken's took our wedding from great to spectacular. Seriously, look no further!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Caroline · Married on 07/20/2019

Incredible Experience!

I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Ken’s Creative Kitchen! Ken’s continually went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. The food was delicious and I had many guests tell me how much they enjoyed their meals. Beyond the food though, Lauren, our catering coordinator, and the entire staff really made everything from rentals to food to timelines come together. I didn’t have a wedding planner and I honestly didn’t need one because Ken’s services were so all inclusive. Lauren was so helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process and also so sweet to me and our families on the wedding day! Thank you to Lauren and all of Ken’s staff for all of your hard work!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Jen

Jen Davis · Married on 07/13/2019

Easiest wedding decision

Let catering be your easiest wedding vendor selection. Ken's Creative Kitchen is the pro team. Food was excellent. Service was fantastic. Katie is incredibly responsive and professional. She made the planning process seamless. We left the tasting with happy full bellies. On the day-of, Helen was that smiling kind face that kept checking in to make sure we had what we needed. Guests raved about the food, especially the crab cakes. I am so happy we selected Ken's for our wedding. We originally considered other vendors to "feel like we'd done our research," but, as my fiance pointed out, I was so comfortable and trusting of Katie and Ken's reputation. It was a stress-free experience (what a treasure in wedding planning!). Thank you Ken's!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 06/02/2019

Words cannot describe - Ken's is simply the best

Ken's Creative Kitchen really made the difference between a good wedding and a spectacular wedding. The service their staff provides and the food that they create (from the tasting and follow-up communication all the way to the wedding day) cannot be compared to any of the other caterers we spoke to. Even our guests noticed and commented on how wonderful the caterers were. I cannot thank Ken and his team enough.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/01/2019

Best Caterer Ever!

The BEST food, service, and planning imaginable! Our wedding guests are still raving about Ken's from our wedding a few months ago. We can't imagine any other caterer coming close to Ken's amazing service!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Rachel Chun · Married on 04/06/2019

A-mazing from start to finish

My husband and I worked with Lauren throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is truly exceptional. Smart, personable, professional, flexible...she worked with us to create a catering menu we could afford, and staffed appropriately to execute a flawless dinner service. She is also quite knowledgeable about aspects of the wedding day outside of just catering. She acted as our coordinator on the wedding day as well, perfection! She greeted us with drinks and appetizers the moment our ceremony ended, and was always one step ahead in ensuring every aspect of the reception unfolded perfectly. She is a gem!

Sent on 04/08/2019
  • Kerrie

Kerrie · Married on 09/22/2018

You MUST go with Ken's

Ken and his team are the absolute best. Ken and his team thoroughly thought through every second of my wedding from guests arriving to leaving and ensured that it was orchestrated perfectly. Additionally, Ken's food is absolutely phenomenal. Their knowledge and expertise in wedding coordination and catering is unmatched. I highly recommend them. They made our day better than what I ever thought imaginable.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Made our day perfect!

Kens Creative Kitchen and their amazing staff is the reason why our wedding was so special. They handled all of the day-of details flawlessly and helped guide our night so it seemed seamless to all of our guests. The food, as always, was phenomenal. All our guest's post-wedding made it a point to tell us how much they enjoyed all of the dishes that were served, ESPECIALLY, the hot chocolate chip cookies served with Baileys shots... Kens came up with the idea and it was a total success. If you want to be stress-free on your wedding day, I cannot recommend you use Kens, they are the best.

Sent on 02/01/2019
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 16
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 17
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 18

Michael · Married on 06/23/2018

Ken Upton single-handedly made my daughter's wedding simply amazing!! We had meetings, tasting and more tastings to get everything perfect and perfect it was. I have had events catered before but nothing like this. Ken and his team seamlessly helped us with everything - he set the pace and tone of the wedding, arranged for all grade A rentals, had a staff that set up, served and tore down with a constant smile and top notched professionalism the entire time, as well as providing Michelin quality food for everyone from children to vegans to seniors! Ken has catered to dignitaries such as Ambassadors and National TV Anchormen, and he made me and my family feel just as important as them. It was truly an honor to have worked with Ken and his team. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 19

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Ken was the best decision I made. Knowing that he was catering my wedding took a lot of pressure off me. He catered my father's wedding five years ago, so I knew that not only would the food and service be superior, but that everything would run smoothly and be beautiful. Helen was the coordinator on my wedding day and was an absolute joy to work with. She made everyone feel so special and relaxed. Ken is so much more than a caterer--he is the glue that makes everything look flawless!!

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 20
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 21

Catherine · Married on 05/26/2018

Excellent food! Our guests were thrilled with the food and the service was exceptional! The servers attention to detail was above and beyond.

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 22

Dale · Married on 04/28/2018

Ken's Creative Kitchen made my daughter's wedding a spectacular success! The food was delicious, the service was impeccable and Lauren was amazing! She and her family went above and beyond to help us in so many ways! I totally understand why they have been voted the "Best Caterer in Annapolis" for the past ten years! Lauren is passionate about her family's business and you can tell that she loves her job! Best caterer and best wedding ever! Thank you, Lauren!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Mary · Married on 10/28/2017

Ken's catered our daughters wedding on October 28th. We could not have been happier. The food was seriously delicious. Everyone raved about it. Our event manager Lauren helped us with the whole wedding from recommendations for other vendors to day of coordination. No need for a planner or coordinator with Lauren on the job! It was perfect from beginning to end!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2017

Excellent service and incredible food. We've used this caterer for many of our wine pairing dinners over the last several years and I thought it was about time I should leave a review! The menu is always thoughtfully arranged, the food is always delectable and they are very accommodating when it comes to food allergies/substitutions. Above and beyond!

Sent on 10/12/2017

meg · Married on 10/07/2017

As Mother of the Bride, I found Ken's team to be incredibly easy to work with. My friends and family couldn't stop raving about the food. They were friendly, helpful and so professional! They took care of every little detail and were always polite, and non-intrusive. Truly an incredible value!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kathleen · Married on 09/30/2017

I am so so happy we went with Ken's for our wedding. The food was incredible! We had so many guests come up to us to tell us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. Ken was so accommodating and helpful in creating our menu. He really listened to our vision and delivered. The service was so impressive too. No one had an empty glass for long. Hellen was our hands on point of contact for the night and she made everything seem so seamless. She provided us full plates of food the moment my husband and I were done with sunset photos. I really cant say enough how happy we were with the food. Thank you guys so much for making our day special AND delicious!!!

Sent on 10/11/2017
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 28
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 29
    Ken's Creative Kitchen 30

Tracy · Married on 09/22/2017

Working with Ken's Creative Kitchen was one of the absolute best wedding vendor choices we made. Ken's catering expertise MADE our wedding-- his services include so much more than just the food. Ken and his team are incredibly knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful with the wedding planning process. He was so patient and walked us through an intricately detailed timeline of what to expect on our wedding day. Ken worked with our budget to create a comprehensive menu to please everyone. He had so many creative ideas and is an entertainment genius. We rented linens, tables, silverware, glassware, etc. through Ken, as well, and everything was accounted for, in excellent condition, and set up beautifully by his staff. Ken's knew the venue space and staff, which made the set up and execution of the event flawless. Ken allowed us to taste our chosen menu ahead of time, make tweaks here and there, and totally delivered on flavor and presentation on the day of the wedding. Our guests were blown away by the quality of the food-- the crab cakes are delicious. Our event manager, Cathy, was another irreplaceable asset the day of the wedding. She made sure I was completely taken care of (drink in hand, comfortable, ready for various events). All of Ken's staff (waiters, chefs, cooks, and bartenders) were professional, efficient, and attentive. I would make this same vendor decision over and over again!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Alana · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the team at Ken's Creative Kitchen! They catered my wedding, and they were simply amazing. My husband and I are foodies, and we did not want to skimp on food for our reception. From the initial planning to the execution on the day of, Ken's was fabulous during the entire process. Lauren was so sweet and professional, and she helped me to create several different menu options that would work at different price points. Not only did she assist with creating our perfect menu, but she also helped with rentals for the reception, which contributed to the perfect atmosphere of our reception. A huge shout out to Kathy as well! She helped make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed at our reception, even before we knew we needed it. She had drinks waiting for the entire wedding party when we arrived to the reception, which they are all still raving about. We felt like celebrities because of the way we were catered to, and that made us feel even more special.
    I highly recommend Ken's to any couple planning a wedding in the Annapolis area. I planned my wedding from across the country, and I never felt out of the loop or worried about anything, thanks to Ken's Creative Kitchen. They are simply incredible, and I will never forget how perfect they made our special day. LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Robin · Married on 09/03/2017

There really are no words to express how very special Ken and his team made the wedding reception of our daughter, Katy, over Labor Day Weekend in Solomon's Maryland! From the moment we met Ken at his picturesque Annapolis location, tasted samples of food options, through the entire planning process (that lasted over a year), we were met with gracious, thoughtful and CREATIVE ideas!

Ken is a salesman par excellence but the good news is that he is selling something he truly believes in and he delivers! We have never had such a large event before and we wanted it to be memorable and it was! So many of our guests complimented us on the food, especially the fish! How they can so perfectly prepare a special fish dish for over 100 people in a tent at a marina is beyond me-- It was not only beautiful but delicious. The presentation of the salad, the filet mignon, the sea bass, the chocolate chip cookies, everything was just as gorgeous as promised and tasted superb! Perfect! Kudos to the chef and sous chefs!!

Helen is a true gem. I knew from the moment we met her that she is passionate about what she does. She has such a caring nature and a gentle demeanor that, even when things got a bit dicey (as they sometimes do at big events), she shows calm and gives reassurance to all of us. Helen, and her associate Kathi, who served as "day of", helped to make Katy’s dream wedding come true. I should also mention the very professional and gracious serving staff who greeted us from the first moment with a smile and a glass of prosecco or wine. Just excellent services all around! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Mary Elizabeth · Married on 08/26/2017

First review I've ever written and I cannot imagine a vendor more worthy. Excellent service from our first interaction with Katie Wildt during the planning stage, to the pack-up at the end of the reception, with Helen coordinating the entire event. Any questions prior to the event were answered immediately by Katie and the menu selection and tasting were better than expected. Katie handled the contract with such professionalism and working with her was a genuine pleasure.

What can I say about the actual event? From the moment I met Helen, who was so warm and gracious, I knew we were in excellent hands. The set-up was perfect and every single person on the staff, so professional, from the kitchen staff, to the gentleman setting up the chairs, to each bartender and waiter. Pure class. And the food and presentation? We had several foodies in attendance and guests who have attended numerous weddings and they all said the food was the best they have ever been served at any wedding. As the MOB, I feel like the night was a blur but I do remember looking down at my beautiful salad with crab cake and fried green tomato and seeing the delicate flower nestled in the greens. I smiled to. myself and knew we had made the best decision to go with Ken's. The pictures we just received confirmed this as not only did the food taste delicious, it looked gorgeous!

I could go on and on but just want to reiterate how wonderful Helen was during the entire evening. She was so attentive to the wedding party, before, during and after the ceremony, always making sure we had something to drink, whether it be cucumber water or the signature drink, sangria. She seemed to be everywhere, calming nerves and making sure everyone was attended to, with such friendliness and a beautiful smile. Lastly, she had everything packed and ready to go within minutes as the last guest left, such a relief to my husband and myself.

Thank you for a beautiful day and wonderful memories.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Allison · Married on 08/19/2017

Worth every penny. Wonderful food and service. The food was truly delicious and the group of staff were amazing and so so patient and helpful. My fiance and I really appreciated all of the help and coordination and I am 100% sure that things would not have gone nearly as smoothly without Ken's team there. Everyone was delightful and I'm so grateful we chose Ken's to cater our wedding. They also sent an event manager for the day who was absolutely instrumental in keeping things on schedule, making sure we covered all the typical wedding events and dealt with everything so well. And all of the guests raved about the food, it reflected the setting beautifully and was actually delicious, not just wedding food.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Ken's Creative Kitchen's reply:

Thank you for the taking the time to write a review Allison! We are very pleased that you had such a wonderful experience. We look forward to working with you in the future for any of your catering needs.

Kira · Married on 06/17/2017

We used Ken's Creative Kitchens for our June 2017 wedding and we were absolutely impressed! From our first tasting, to our meetings along the way, to the final product on our wedding day, everything was fantastic and exactly how we wanted it to be. Throughout the process, we met with Ken and he helped our vision come to life. We opted for more of a cocktail style reception instead of a seated dinner, which was something new for our more traditional parents to wrap their heads around. But in the end, they were able to give complete trust that Ken would make it great, and he absolutely did! We had butler served hour-d-oeuvres, a salad station, and two buffet tables which later transitioned to dessert tables. The food was absolutely delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests days after the event was over. Also, our day of coordinator, Nancy, was fantastic. She made sure that we, as the busy bride and groom, were taken care of with drinks and food, and dessert to go! The entire staff worked together seamlessly and it was easy to see that this is a business that prides itself on quality. We truly were impressed by Ken's and highly recommend them for your event!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Kay · Married on 06/08/2017

Ken's Creative Kitchen is amazing. My wife and I worked with Lauren for our wedding, and we could not have asked for a better caterer and day-of coordinator. In the months of planning leading up to the wedding, Lauren was consistently responsive and caring. We planned our wedding from California, and most of our communication was done via email. Lauren always replied promptly, and she had great advice throughout the wedding planning process. My wife and I changed our place settings about 3 times while planning the wedding, and Lauren was always happy to accommodate us. Also, we had tastings with a few caterer's, but Ken's Kitchen outshone them all. We did a brunch themed wedding, and the tasting at Ken's Kitchen was the best brunch we've ever had.

On the day of the wedding everything was perfect. Lauren and her staff made everything look beautiful, and the food was spectacular--our guests are still raving about the creme brûlée french toast. Lauren always made sure my wife and I had a drink in our hand, and we could not have asked for a better wedding.

If you're looking for a caterer with superb food, responsive and kind staff, and incredible organization, Ken's Kitchen is the way to go. Thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Grace · Married on 06/03/2017

Ken's Creative Kitchen is literally the best!! First off, I'm not sure how anyone who does a tasting with them chooses anyone else. The tasting room is welcoming, and the food is amazing. Hello crab cakes!

I second the previous comment from another reviewer about "part caterer, part advisor, part family". We worked with Katie, and she is totally amazing. I didn't need a wedding planner or "day of coordinator". That was Katie! She listened to my vision and helped us put together the perfect day.

On the day of the wedding, I have never seen anything run so smoothly. The food was epic, the drinks were flowing, and the service was unparalleled. I know I am biased, but I think it was the best party that I have every been to. Even when I started to have a meltdown because the shuttle was messed up, Katie came to the rescue and helped me & my guests get out the door.

Choosing Ken's was one of the best decisions that I made during my wedding planning process. I'm obsessed and can't wait to plan another party!!

Sent on 06/08/2017