Kennolyn Reviews

Kennolyn 7
  • Z

zerin jaber · Married on 03/01/2019

Nice Photographer

They love weddings, but we love weddingwire! All of our friends have commented on how great the pictures look!

Sent on 03/13/2019

Julia · Married on 09/01/2018

Working with Kennolyn staff was easy and they were so organized and accommodating. Our wedding day was perfect and the venue is amazing!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Aneeka · Married on 05/12/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better, more beautiful and dreamy venue in the redwoods for our wedding. We were also sold on the all-inclusiveness of the venue. We worked closely with Janine on all the details leading up to the big day - she was very responsive and always had great suggestions for making our day perfect. I also had special circumstances given I was doing my own flowers, and I needed to be able to check in to Casa de Caldwell early - Janine and the other Kennolyn staff were flexible and were able to accommodate me! Jenn and Lauren were so supportive and helpful from the time we checked in to Casa de Caldwell - they took over handling of the final wedding details, and even put together some last minute decor so my bridesmaids and I could relax! They also arranged all the decor, put the flower centerpieces out, and even helped me pull off a T-Rex encounter/first-look prank - they did an amazing job! All of the food was delicious and plentiful - we chose the buffet option for dinner and all our guests loved it and were so happy they could go back for seconds (and thirds!). All of the staff went above and beyond our expectations to make it a fun and stress-free weekend - everyone was a real joy to work with. We only had one minor issue, which really doesn't reflect on Kennolyn, but since they require using Sound in Motion for a DJ, I will mention it here - The DJ selected for us by Sound in Motion did a great job on everything up until the last 2/3 of the dance party, where he didn't stick to our selection and the funk/soul train vibe we asked for - I had to request several times throughout the evening that he play certain songs. Although our friends could tell it wasn't our type of music, everyone still had a great time so we really can't complain. It would be nice though if there were more options for DJs. That said, Kennolyn was amazing and we're so glad we chose to have our wedding there; you wont regret having yours there either!

Sent on 08/09/2018
    Kennolyn 15
    Kennolyn 16
    Kennolyn 17

Carl · Married on 09/30/2017

I can't say enough about how wonderful Kennolyn and its staff are. The venue itself is so gorgeous - it overlooks the ocean and is situated in the Santa Cruz mountains surrounded by Redwoods. The staff is incredibly helpful and responsive - we worked with Janine for over a year. During that year, she would respond to our emails within 24 hours and continuously make us feel at ease. She coordinated with our vendors the day of and made sure we did not have to deal with anything the actual day of our wedding. The actual wedding went off without a hitch and was the day we both dreamed it would be. We feel incredibly lucky to have chosen such a wonderful place for our wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Genna · Married on 09/09/2017

Our wedding was at stone creek village and it was a magical weekend. Everything went brilliantly, the service was exceptional and everyone was super friendly and kind. We felt very taken care of and the space amongst the redwoods made it all more magnificent.

Sent on 09/24/2017

beth · Married on 08/20/2016

The staff at Kennolyn was so awesome and easy to work with! I felt like they were looking out for our best interest and helped us have a great time with family and friends. Jenn, the coordinator, is super sweet and responds quickly to any questions or concerns you might have. She and her team will take care of your wedding day wishlist and it's so nice to not have to be in charge of the set up beforehand so you can just enjoy yourselves wedding weekend! They are pros at what they do and the site is beautiful no matter what type of weather. Have fun and congrats on your marriage!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Andrea · Married on 06/11/2016

Our weekend wedding event was the experience of a lifetime. The professionalism and genuine enthusiasm from the entire staff was second to none. Jenn and Janine became our friends and every moment from our first planning meeting to our departure was delightful. Do not hesitate, you will make beautiful memories at this beautiful location with very supportive and professional people.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Deena · Married on 10/31/2015

Get married here!!! That's simply the best way to put it. We had our ceremony and reception at Kennolyn Hilltop Hacienda this Halloween and it was beyond fantastic. The location is gorgeous, you WILL get a million compliments on this venue. Jenn is an amazing coordinator and a super sweet person -- she help us so much along our planning journey. She and Jeanine were indispensable on the day of our wedding, making everything flow flawlessly and seemingly effortlessly through all their hard behind-the-scenes work. Jenn did wonders with all the DIY decor stuff we dropped off the day before the wedding in addition to guiding all our arriving vendors on the day-of. They are super experienced and thought of so many little things I never would have. Jenn knows weddings inside and out, and is also super into working with any silly, non-traditional ideas you may have (and getting hitched on Halloween, we had lots!). All the other staff is awesome, food and drinks are amazing here (get the white wine sangria!), bridal suite is roomy and perfect. They own all their own amenities so no lugging over rented tables and chairs -- they are already super wedding-geared which was pivotal for us as we planned the whole shebang in under 4 months! Guests thought we must have spent all year planning this wedding -- nope, that's just the Kennolyn magic!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Jenny · Married on 10/10/2015

The venue was perfect, food was great but the best part was jenn, the wedding planner. she is so organized and thinks of everything. she makes it so easy for the bride to enjoy her day.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Megan · Married on 08/15/2015

I could not have done this without Jenn and Janeen and all of the amazing staff at Kennolyn! I had a little over a year to plan my wedding, but was became discouraged when I could not find the right venue. I wanted something indoor/outdoor, near the redwoods but not in them, with character/charm, and located in the area where my husband and I met and fell in love. When I found Kennolyn, I knew immediately this was the place.

Once we decided and booked our date, it only got better. Jenn is amazing and basically held my hand though the entire thing, because I know nothing about weddings and had no idea what I was doing. They do everything! They coordinate, decorate, cater, serve, bar tend, setup, and clean up. All I had to do was give Jenn an idea about what I wanted (pictures from Pinterest were a big help!) and made sure she got all of my extra supplies the night before, and she and her crew transformed the hacienda into exactly how I had pictured it. We chose the Stations dining package and the food was absolutely delicious! We had a tasting to make the final decisions, but I would definitely recommend going to the preview day they have in the Spring. They showcase their food, beverages, and preferred vendors. They also have it set up so you can picture it decorated.

Anyway, Jenn and Janeen made sure everything was running smoothly and knew exactly what we were supposed to be doing and when. The entire experience was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing.

Thank you!!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Jackie · Married on 08/08/2015

Kennolyn was the perfect venue for our wedding! Thanks to our coordinator who did not leave one stone unturned we had the best day!!

Sent on 11/07/2015

I can't say enough great things about Kennolyn! We had our wedding at Kennolyn in July and could not have asked for a better venue. The view is breathtaking, the food was fantastic (the mashed potatoes were to die for), and most of all the event coordinators and staff were extremely helpful and easy to work with. Our wedding was a success due to Jenn, our event coordinator and the rest of the staff on the day of the wedding. Jenn communicated with us throughout our entire process, getting back to us right away with any questions. Also, the day of the wedding, everything went smoothly due to Jenn and the staff taking care of things behind the scenes and keeping everyone calm and taken care of (down to finding a pin for my Mom's corsage when it broke). She was a pleasure to work with and made what could be a stressful event into a stress free, enjoyable wedding. All of our guests keep raving about our wedding and how beautiful the venue was and how smooth everything ran. I wish we could do it all over again...it went by way too fast. If you are looking for an outdoor venue to have your wedding, look no further, as Kennolyn is a beautiful spot in which you have all to yourself and your guests. No other wedding is planned the same day. Also, Jenn and the rest of the staff are extremely helpful, easy to work with and are flexible with your ideas. It is a bit of a drive up to the venue, which could be a problem for some people, but we hired a shuttle service to take people to and from the wedding so they didn't have to worry about driving. It all worked out perfectly. Our only complaint...we wish it could have lasted longer, the venue stops at 9pm, but it was the perfect amount of time because it ended on a high note and everyone having fun. Thank you Kennolyn for our perfect wedding! A great start to our marriage.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Kate · Married on 06/20/2015

Jen was so helpful! She makes the wedding planning process so easy! Everyone who attended our wedding said it was so beautiful and so much fun!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Spending an entire wedding weekend planned by Jenn and the kennolyn team was an absolute dream. A year later, and I'm still being told it was the "Best Wedding EVER!" by friends and family. The only tricky part is organizing cabins and transportation- but the rest was made super easy! My family and friends are a hard group to host, due to food sensitivities and accessibility issues, but they somehow made it look effortless! We all had a marvelous time.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Jenn, Jeanine and the rest of the staff at Kennolyn will meet all of your needs. They are the most devoted staff and are willing to do anything and everything to make your day/weekend as special as possible. Our wedding there was more magical than we could have ever dreamed it to be. We also enjoyed the "wedding weekend" that is offered. The weekend was so awesome and relaxing-it allowed for us to spend quality time with all of our guests that stayed for the weekend. We would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who asks!

Sent on 05/30/2015

Nancy · Married on 05/09/2015

Truly a beautiful and amazing place to have a wedding. From start to finish the staff at Kennolyn helped me with everything I needed.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Alexandra · Married on 10/04/2014

I would pick Kennolyn for our wedding over and over again!! It was such a spectacular venue, and I know that Kennolyn's awesome staff were a huge part of the reason our wedding day was such a success!

My mom and I loved Jenn from the moment we met her. She was so helpful and low pressure when we were first looking at the venue, and always very easy to get in touch with during the planning stages. Having her there as a day-of coordinator helped everything go amazingly smoothly! (Multiple guests commented on how flawless our wedding seemed!) It was so great to just be able to drop off our decorations during the rehearsal, and then to return the next day to see them expertly displayed! Jenn also coordinated all of the outside vendors we hired -- I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of! I just showed up and enjoyed the day!

The food was delicious, and the servers polite and professional. Our champagne glasses were never empty! As bride and groom, appetizers and buffet items were brought directly to the sweetheart table. Jenn and Janeen even arranged it so that I could have a special vegetarian meal, and made sure I got a slice of the cake. They really thought of everything, and anticipated my needs before I even could.

Also, the location is really beautiful! We had an amazing view of the ocean, including a spectacular sunset during dinner. I love the Spanish hacienda style of the place, and our pictures among the redwood trees came out stunning. It was so nice that it is private (no strangers looking on!) and my guests were easily shuttled to and from the hotel in our charter buses. Many guests came up to tell us how beautiful, comfortable and fun our venue was.

Don't hesitate to book Kennolyn as your wedding venue -- I promise you won't regret it!

(Thank you again, Jenn and Janeen!)

Sent on 11/09/2014

Sondra · Married on 08/01/2014

We had our wedding at Kennolyn on 8-1-14. We went on a venue hunt with our moms and toured about 20 venues along the coast. We fell in love with Kennolyn as soon as we stepped onto the property. We could not have a picked a more perfect location. The natural beauty/flowers/landscaping is a gorgeous backdrop for a wedding and saves money on wedding decor. The food is excellent! Our guests raved about the beauty of the venue, the delicious food and helpful staff. They were able to accommodate for several vegan friends, which was great. We began our consultation with Jenn and then Janeen took over. Both are amazing. Janeen went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding day was successful and everything we dreamed it could be. She was quick to respond to emails and phone calls and answered the millions of questions I had. The day of, Janeen coordinated all the vendors and guests, and did a wonderful job. So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been too!

We are SO thankful we chose Kennolyn for our wedding. You cannot beat the price for the location, staff and amenities. Thank you Kennolyn!

Here's our wedding highlight video so you can see more of the location:

vimeo.com/110116102

Sent on 11/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2013

Kennolyn was actually the first venue that John and I went to while investigating where we wanted to get married. It was also one of the pricier options as it is all-inclusive (they provide the food, the drinks, ceremony and reception venues and a planner who is amazing). There are several packages to choose from with different prices. We ended up going with the higher buffet and middle drink options and got rave reviews on the food and drinks from all of our guests (and we loved them too!!).

Jenn at Kennolyn is an amazing planner....her personality is so sweet and easy to work with. She was so patient with all my emails with questions and got back to me immediately.

The venue itself is tucked up in the hills above Soquel/Capitola. From the Hacienda back patio, you have an amazing view of the entire Monterey Bay. The plantings and everything about the venue are just beautiful. We had our ceremony on May 18, 2013, and the weather was amazing. We did it all outside...ceremony on the back lawn with the wedding party on the patio in front of the lion's head fountain; buffet, cake, coffee/tea, photobooth, slideshow, mingling tables and kid's craft table inside the hacienda itself, and the dining tables set up on the back patio. The reception was all in the front patio. It was so nice to have everything in one place and not to have to worry about a separate caterer.

This place is stunning, the food is great and the coordinator is amazing. It was definitely worth the price. We had a storybook wedding and so much of it was due to Kennolyn.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Danica · Married on 09/28/2012

Picking a wedding venue is one of the most important things to consider when planning a wedding. It certainly was for us. I can remember when we first started looking at venues. Every place we visited didn't seem to have that person touch we were looking for. The hotels and spas felt too commercial and the wineries felt too typical but when we finally stepped foot into the Kennolyn Hacienda courtyard, we knew immediately we'd found our venue. It had everything we wanted. A beautiful view, gorgeous grounds, an intimate setting but what sold us was their staff.

Jenn McIntyre, was our wedding coordinator. She is truly an angel. She went above and beyond on SEVERAL occasions. During the tasting and vendor event, where couples come to sample their food and meet their recommended vendors, I wasn't able to sample the food. I was under doctor's care that included a special diet but Jenn didn't skip a beat. She offered to set up our own private tasting, which she did the following month when I was no longer on my diet plan. This was beyond appreciated as was the menu Jenn helped us create.

We wanted a big family style Paella dinner and Jenn actually worked with the chef to purchase one of those huge paella pans, so they could accommodate this request. Such a fun detail and one our guests enjoyed very much.

She was also amazing during our wedding weekend.

From the rehearsal, to our wedding day, to the day after our wedding she made us feel completely taken care of. I was blown away with how well she executed on all the little details we requested. From re-purposing flowers, to handling vendors, to gathering our things, she made the whole process feel seamless, which to me seemed impossible to do.

All in all, our entire experience with Kennolyn was amazing. I couldn't say enough great things and hope you consider them for your big day!

Brian · Married on 09/22/2012

We were met by Jenn and she gave us a tour of the facility. Within minutes we were sold. This was what we were looking for. The venue is truly beautiful. A small hacienda at the top of a mountain overlooking the vast pacific ocean. The courtyard so inviting as it beckons you though the Spanish style iron doors and into the tranquil courtyard.

A year later our date was upon us. A year of wedding planning, anxiety and stress was behind us as we were at the venue where we would married. The weather was perfect as if the gods parted the overcast sky so the warm sunshine could cast its soothing rays upon our party.

Our day was amazing as every expectation was not only realized but exceeded.

We used the Kennolyn partners for our cake (the Buttery) and our DJ (Sound in Motion). We continue to receive compliments on the cake now weeks after the wedding. The DJ was extremely professional and did a great job as MC and with the music.

The ceremony sight was spectacular, the tables were placed outside on the patio and comfortably seated our rather large party. Jenn and Henry (Sound in Motion) moved our event along keeping our guests engaged without downtime.

As the sun went down the party moved from the outside facing patio to the warm and inviting candlelit courtyard.

We simply had a magical time and celebrated our most precious day at the most perfect of venues. Our life together much like our drive to Kennolyn has been an adventurous journey full of twists and turns that we wouldn't ever think of changing as it brought us to where we are now.
    Kennolyn is the by far our easiest five star review.
    Thank you Jenn and team...

Danielle · Married on 06/15/2012

Our wedding was at Kennolyn on June 15, 2012 and everything was AMAZING!! The staff was really helpful and everything flowed so smoothly! Jenn was phenomenal and so awesome to have a s a wedding coordinator! I would highly recommend this place to anyone!!! Well worth the money and every guest told us what a fabulous wedding it was! Food was also fantastic.

Matt · Married on 09/17/2011

Jenn is incredible. We had our wedding in September and our family and friends had a blast. Everyone said that it was one of the best wedding's they've been to.

Our friends who planned weddings spent months of preparation and were overwhelmed by all of the details, but at Kennolyn we were able to relax while Jenn and her staff took care of so many of the planning details.

After sampling the standard food options, we decided that wanted our own menu based on recipes that we had eaten growing up, and the chef pulled off our custom menu perfectly.

Everyone enjoyed the long relaxed Saturday on the camp grounds filled with sports and swimming and hanging out, and the bonfires Friday and Saturday night were unforgettable.

Accommodations were excellent. The cabins were nicely furnished and the beds were very comfortable.

Finally, the ceremony and reception at the Hacienda were beautiful. Sunshine, views of the Pacific, lots of space to spread out, and a great dance floor.

Highly recommend.

Ashley · Married on 09/09/2011

There was never any other place I considered getting married besides Kennolyn. My sister got married here 10 years ago and best friend 5 years ago. It is the perfect all in one location for ceremony and reception. Just gorgeous! You get married outside over looking the bay, eat dinner on a patio over looking the bay, you party in a pretty spanish style courtyard with a fountain and it's all right there for you and your guests only. Another great perk of this location is you are the only event happening at that time. Jenn & Janeen are absolute pro's and made my experience a good one for sure! Also, catering is on site, so you don't have to worry about finding a seperate catering vendor. Worth every penny!!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Sharelle · Married on 05/20/2011

We loved everything about our wedding. The planning process was easy and so was the day of execution. We knew we were in good hands and didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying ourselves, we knew that Jenn, our wedding coordinator, would take care of everything and had our vision of what we wanted our wedding to be in mind. We got endless compliments on how gorgeous the wedding was, what a great venue it was and especially on the food!

Sent on 06/23/2011