Kelly Plantation Golf Club Reviews

5 | Destin, FL

5 Reviews for Kelly Plantation Golf Club

Susan · Married on 04/29/2017

We had our destination wedding and reception at Kelly Plantation Golf Club. It was an absolutely beautiful setting on the golf course. The club house was the perfect place for our wedding guests. The food was amazing! Russ Cooper was so easy to work with, answering all of my emails and following up to make sure our wedding day was the wedding or our dreams. We are so happy with our choice for our special day. Thank you to Russ and his staff at KP!!!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Jane · Married on 12/31/2011

Kelly Plantation is an obvious choice for a wedding venue. The natural beauty of the grounds is what attracted me initially but once I stepped foot in the tasteful appointments of the Club House, I knew this was the place! I can't say enough about the Food and Beverage Director and his attentive staff. They all had such care and attention to detail which gave me such peace of mind. We had a fantastic evening. The wedding guests commented on how beautiful the reception was and how delicious the food tasted. My friend is getting married this coming year. She was a guest at my reception and the day after my wedding she booked it for her reception. I feel so lucky to have been married at Kelly Plantation.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Janine · Married on 09/11/2011

very helpful with suggestions and last minute details. Venue is beautiful and ideal for indoor/outdoor wedding.

Sent on 01/10/2012
  • User3720918 · event on: 05/31/2014

Our reception was lovely and we enjoyed working with Russ Cooper very much.

Sent on 06/18/2014

3.5
      3.0

The venue is just beautiful. My husband and I are Panhandle locals and did not want a beach wedding; we wanted a nice lawn on which to be wed and believe Kelly Plantation Golf Club had the best affordable venue in Destin (our tight budget called for considering even the sales tax - venture into Walton County and sales tax increases to 7.5%). Russ Cooper is the Food and Beverage Director of the Golf Club and was tremendously helpful from day one of wedding planning. Not only was he extremely flexible with my wishes, but he also provided creative solutions when I faced minor planning dilemmas. After investing so much time communicating and conveying my vision, my husband I ended up feeling as though a few critical errors were made on our actual wedding day although thankfully nothing catastrophic occurred (i.e., no torn dress, no cake collapse, no fist fights, etc.). Everyone raved about the food but also had some not-so-nice comments regarding bar service. All in all, we experienced a few glitches, but hey, does perfection really exist? The venue is a beautiful place to get married.

Sent on 12/30/2014