KC's DJ Service Reviews

40 | Champaign, IL

40 Reviews for KC's DJ Service

Kate Arp · Married on 01/18/2020

Fantastic!

Our DJ, Halen, was great! Very professional, polite, and listened to everything thought and concern we had! They had a wonderful variety of music and read the crowd very well!

Sent on 01/19/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hood · Married on 06/22/2019

Wonderful!

Every part of our experience with KC's DJ Service was great. Ken provided quick and clear responses to all of our inquiries, and was so easy to work with. Our DJ, Nick, was both professional and fun, and kept the party going all night. I would most definitely recommend this DJ service!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2018

I can't thank Ken and Jason enough for everything! Every communication with Ken or Jason (our DJ) was helpful, respectful, and quick. They accommodated some off the wall requests for us with ease, were very flexible, and Jason kept the flow of the wedding going amazingly. They seem very experienced and confident which took a lot of stress off of myself (the bride) as well!! I will be booking with them again for any of our DJ needs and will recommend them to any of our friends/family. Thank you again guys! Couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/04/2018

I worked with Ken to coordinate for my wedding and Jason was our DJ—both were incredibly attentive and Jason did a wonderful job. I had sent him a set of playlists for the evening and he did a great job at incorporating similar music to make everything fun and flawless!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Dustin · Married on 11/11/2016

Ken was great to work with when planning for our wedding and reception. His deejay kept the event flowing smoothly all night!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kailey · Married on 03/19/2016

This was definitely the hit of the wedding! Jason of KC's DJ Service was an awesome leader of the reception and all it entailed! He was fun and played all of the requests we asked for. He also kept the wedding party under control when we were a little too goofy to stay focused! He was professional and a real crowd pleaser! I would not change a thing about my DJ choice! It was perfect for the tone of our ceremony! Thanks again!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Christine · Married on 11/07/2015

KC's DJ service is 100% the best way to go. Ken was our DJ and he was on time, organized, and great to work with. Our dance floor was packed the whole night with guests young and old. Ken had unique ideas, like a raffle in place of a dollar dance. Ken was more than willing to answer questions and be available whenever necessary throughout the planning process. KC's provided our up-lighting (which looked spectacular) and they arranged for our photo booth. I have been to 9 weddings this summer and not a single one of them had as many people up and dancing as KC's had at our reception. They were also great for providing the ceremony music.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Kourtni · Married on 07/11/2015

I am so glad we went with KC's DJ Service for our wedding. Our DJ was Jason and he was amazing! We had some not-so-common songs for our ceremony and first dance, and they nailed it! Who else has the instrumental version to I Believe I Can Fly and is willing to play it for a ceremony recessional? Jason also had the crowd going all the way until the end of the ceremony. He struck a great balance between entertaining the kids and the older adults with the music selection. It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! We also had uplighting and a monogram that turned out beautifully! They come highly recommended from us!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Julie · Married on 05/23/2015

I cannot rave enough about KC's DJ Service! Our DJ was Josh, and he was awesome!! He kept things flowing along, he was there when I needed ANYTHING, even getting the champagne to our table for the toasts when our coordinator forgot it! He definitely went above and beyond. He played the music I requested, and didn't play the music I asked him not to. He was also GREAT at reading the crowd to know what music was getting people dancing! KC's also provided our uplighting, which looked gorgeous, and a photo booth, which was SUPER fun! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Kevin · Married on 09/20/2014

Ken was great at our wedding. Not only was he the cheapest DJ in town, he really made the night. He was very easy to work with and was always on top of what he needed to be . I would highly recommend hiring him.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Samantha · Married on 08/30/2014

I was really hesitant about booking Ken because I had never met with him in person and I was basing it solely on the reviews. But it was the right decision!! Ken was amazing and flexible and made everything so easy. The only advice I have to brides is just make sure you go over any special requests that you have and the correct pronunciation of names (he does a follow up call a couple days before the date to confirm all of that but there was some that I forgot to go over with him...my fault there!!). We did the basic uplighting and the lighted monogram as well and it was so perfect and totally worth it. He also does a lot of really great specials and deals so keep your eyes peeled!! My guests and I had an amazing time all night thanks to Ken!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Tyler · Married on 07/12/2014

Ken did an AWESOME job! The dance floor was packed all night long, and the party never died down! He knew just the songs to play to keep people dancing and was very welcoming of all guests requests! He also provided our up-lighting and a custom monogram, which really helped complete our classic but upscale reception's look!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Jenna · Married on 06/28/2014

Ken was the DJ for my wedding reception and he did a wonderful job! We talked on the phone about some details a couple days before the wedding. He arrived early at the reception to set up before guests arrived. He made sure he knew how to pronounce everyone's names and that we were in the right order before we entered the reception. He also played everything I had put on my list and did a great job of keeping the crowd dancing all night. He did a wonderful job and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/30/2014

I have worked with Ken and Jason several times in the last couple of years.They are incredibly professional and great to work with. I never considered anyone else to DJ our 2014 wedding and I am so thankful Ken could be apart of our day. Ken is great at communicating with his clients and he responds to emails and texts almost immediately which is great and that quality is very hard to find in any business. I highly recommend making the investment to hire these guys to DJ your wedding or any other event!

Sent on 01/28/2015

Ashleigh · Married on 09/28/2013

I am located in Southern Illinois and booked KC's DJ Service solely off the reviews on read on this website. I was very worried - it was a pretty risky move on my part but it was one of the best decisions I ever made. He answered every single one of my questions in a timely manner, arrived on time, and did exactly what I asked him to do. The wedding guests were raving about the DJ the entire night! I was overly impressed and I would highly recommend him to anyone. His price was so competitive especially considering the fact that he had to drive 3 hours to even get to my wedding. He was truly one of the best DJ's I had ever seen at a wedding and I am so fortunate for the amazing experience!

Sent on 10/04/2013
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 04/20/2013

Where do I start? I was planning my wedding from Georgia/Cali. Everytime I got in town we never seemed to get to meet face to face. But I was able to email him (a billion times) to get all my requests in. I was a little worried as my wedding got closer though...since I am self-diagnosed OCD...I just wanted to see my dj in person!!!!
    The day of my wedding was perfect!!!!!! He got all my music for my ceremony perfect (no pauses..skips..confusion) and the reception went well too!!! Although he (Charlie) apologized for having a limited hip hop library I dont think anyone noticed. :)
    I picked them because they were affordable, professional, patient and flexible with me and my husband's needs.

Sent on 04/26/2013

KC's DJ Service's reply:

Danielle,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're so happy to hear things went well on your special day! You bring up a good point though, we never did get the chance to meet face to face...my apologies for that. That's something we'll most definitely need to improve on! Thanks for bringing that up! Thanks again for the compliments, and best wishes to you both!

Ken
    217-493-4375
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 01/05/2013

KC kept the party going. The transitions were flawless and every song he played was a hit. Could not stop dancing! He was so great before the wedding, answering emails promptly and making sure he could meet with us whenever possible. Beyond great value!

Sent on 01/15/2013
  • User2055531 · 2+ years ago

Ken was very helpful and more than available to answer any questions (Usually emailed or called back within 10-20 minutes even late at night). Our DJ was very polite and looked us up at the door to make sure he and the names correct. Played only the types of music we requested. He took a lot of pressure off us by showing up early and staying as late as we needed. Excellent services!!!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2012

Although I do not live within the central Illinois area, KC's DJ service made a 3.5 - 4 hour trip down to southern Illinois to DJ my wedding and wedding reception. I could not imagine going through any other DJ service! He was in constant contact with me regarding my needs and wants for my special day, and on the day of the wedding he blew all of my expectations out of the water! In fact many of my family members, friends, and the establishment that housed my reception wanted to know if he would be available for further events! BEST DJ EVER!!!!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Jodi · Married on 06/09/2012

Ken's DJ Service is an excellent service. They were very attentive to our needs and provided an excellent service at lower price than was quoted to us by other DJ services. I would highly recommend them.

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2012

KC's DJ service made our reception absolutely fabulous! Not only did Ken play every song that I asked to be played, but he also got the crowd very involved!! My reception was almost a month after my wedding and Ken was patient with me being "very last minute." He gave me the dance party I always wanted and our friends and family were on the dance floor until the party stopped, and as we all know that's rare for some receptions!! I would highly recommend KC's DJ Service to all brides out there!! Ken gave us a great price and was the best we had seen around the Champaign area!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Amber · Married on 05/12/2012

My husband and I were married in May and Ken was our DJ. I can't say enough good things about him and the work he does! A year ago when I started planning my wedding, I didn't know much of where to start on planning, but I did know that I wanted Ken as my DJ for my reception! I have known Ken for many years and I will tell you that this is his passion and it sure does show in the quality of work he and his team does! Him and his crew are professional and their quality of work doesn't compare to other DJs I have seen do other weddings I have been at. I recently went to my cousins wedding and it wasn't until later I found out that their DJ that they had was one of Ken's guys which made sense because it was a awesome reception! If u are looking for someone who knows what they are doing and someone who will listen to exactly what you want played, look no further than Kens DJ service! What you get will only be the best of service along with a awesome reception you will always remember and smile to!

Heidi · Married on 05/05/2012

I would highly recommend them. They were professional and very responsive to all my requests. Ken was very thorough in the first meeting. He produced the walk-in excellent. He even had to make a quick change the night before when he realized that he pronounced a name wrong of a person in wedding party. I would recommend him for any wedding or party. He knew just the right type of music to play to keep people on the dance floor. That talent only comes with the years of experience of a professional and he showed to us why he has been in the industry for as long as he has.

Michael · Married on 03/24/2012

I've hired Ken for a couple of events. Most recently I hired him to DJ a company party because he had done such a great job with our wedding. And I've also been to a couple of weddings that he did before my wedding. Everybody had a great time at all.

For our wedding, there couldn't have been a better choice of DJ. Leading up to the wedding he was very flexible and always available when I called. I never had to worry about trying to track him down. He played every song we asked and none that we requested to not be played. He did a good job handling requests from our guests as well.

Because he did such a great job with our wedding; I hired him for my office party. Again, everything was great. Because it was a work party the guests were a little nervous to show off their dance moves to coworkers. The first couple of songs looked like an eighth grade dance with everyone avoiding the dance floor. But Ken quickly adjusted and played a couple of group dance songs (electric slide/Cuban shuffle) that loosened everybody up. After that everyone had a great time.

I will absolutely use Ken anytime I need a DJ.

Debbies · Married on 03/24/2012

kcdjservice was extremely awesome at our reception. Ken drove from Champaigne to Quincy which is about a 4 hour drive. He arrived early and had everything set up for our entrance. The service stayed and played until the end of our reception. Their set up and clean up was quick and complete. I was very happy with the dj service and would strongly recommend their service not only for weddings but for any event that might need a D.J.

Debbie Hibbert