Kazz Music Reviews

Kazz Music 7
  • Ashley

Ashley Burke · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Best Wedding Band!

Do not look any further for a wedding band - Kazz is it! My husband and I spent a lot of time researching different bands in the NY area for our May 2019 wedding, and after chatting with Joe and Rhonda on the phone, and listening to some of their music online, we were sold. They have an awesome dynamic with one another (have been playing together for years) and was the most organized vendor we worked with. Joe kept our planning on track (he actually sends an entire planning document that has everything in one place) and makes super helpful recommendations through the process. We couldn't have done this without him - it was so refreshing to be able to trust someone as much as we trusted him.

On our wedding day, we had a solo guitar play our ceremony, and then had the full band play our reception. We provided song suggestions well in advance and they were able to really feel our vibe and delivered music that we loved! The band is so, so good - everyone was up dancing the whole time and had such a blast. We cannot give Kazz a higher recommendation.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Janice Gates Kelly · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding band

Outstanding wedding band with super high quality and responsive musicians.

Additionally, Joe (band leader) takes it upon himself to oversee the entire schedule for the day and coordinate with other vendors to make sure everyone is on the same page.

These guys are dedicated to making your event successful and are clear professionals who truly love and take tremendous pride in what they do. You will be super happy to have the privilege of them playing at your event.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Patrick Flynn · Married on 05/11/2019

Best wedding band!

Kazz played our wedding last month (May 2019) and they were amazing. The whole process leading up to the wedding with Kazz was professional, seamless, and stress-free. The day of they absolutely killed it. The band was super tight, and they really rocked. A ton of our guests commented on how great they were during the wedding. Some guests are still talking about it! They were really fun, and made the wedding reception a total blast. We went for the full band, and also had the guitar player do an acoustic set during the ceremony. It was all really special and I can't recommend Kazz highly enough.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Kazz Music 8
    Kazz Music 9
    Kazz Music 10
    Kazz Music 11
    Kazz Music 12

Krista · Married on 11/22/2018

If you want the best energy and dance party at your wedding - hire Kazz Music! They not only played at my wedding, I've seen them at friend and family weddings and will legit go see their non-wedding performances because they absolutely rock. They were one of the elements of the wedding that made it the most memorable party and night of our lives. They keep the dance floor packed and also are entertaining for your guests who prefer to watch and not dance. The day after our wedding guests raved about Kazz Music - they are such a fun, talented, and awesome group to work with. Joe is not only an exceptional saxophonist, he really holds your hand through important parts of the planning process and makes you feel comfortable in your decision making. I cannot say enough about Kazz Music and highly, highly recommend them. They seriously rock and you will have a better wedding if you hire them.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Kazz Music's reply:

KRISTA! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this awesome review! I knew from the start that your wedding was going to be special, and you guys didn't disappoint! Every step of the way has been a blast working with you and Gerard. Thanks again for the cat calendar!!!!

Victoria · Married on 10/20/2018

Made our wedding absolutely amazing!!!

I am legitimately concerned I am going to run out of character space before I can finish this amazing review for Kazz Band. Leading up to the wedding, Joe and Rhonda were incredible with staying in touch, having us fill out a planning document, contacting all of our vendors to coordinate, meeting us for drinks, and working out every little detail so that any catastrophe that could arise would be averted (and believe me they caught a few timing issues with our venue!). For the wedding itself, they did everything possible to make sure the evening was absolutely incredible. They played a special song for our first look, even though they were in absolutely no way obligated to, learned a new song to dedicate to my grandma (which had her sobbing on the dance floor) and then TORE THE HOUSE DOWN. I can't tell you how many people came up to us at the end of the night asking who that band was and where we found them and telling us how amazing they were. I'm tempted to get married again so I can hire Kazz band to play for us again. Seriously - book this band, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kazz Music's reply:

Hey Victoria! Thanks a ton for this awesome review! I'm glad you loved the music! It was so awesome working with y'all on planning the party! I still can't get over the dinosaur costumes!!!! Hope to hang out sometime soon!!!!
  • Adam

Adam Berger · Married on 10/20/2018

Kazz Music will MAKE your wedding

Kazz Music absolutely made our wedding night. Let me just say the music and band are top quality -- I can't tell you how many compliments we received about the band from younger and older folks in attendance. They felt the vibes of the crowd and their energy brought the party to the next level and left everyone with huge smiles on their face.

However, beyond the music, Joe and Rhonda and the entire band operation was incredible from start to finish. They really, truly care and had the entire wedding day timeline coordinated between all of our vendors and our venue so everyone was on the same page. I didn't even know that was a thing, but it provided such a level of comfort that someone else was so on top of everything. Lastly, their price is so reasonable it's almost hard to believe.

I can't sing their praises enough. Book Kazz Music for your wedding day if you're going with a band.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Kazz Music's reply:

Hey Adam! Thanks for taking the time to post this! It was awesome to party with you too! I'm glad everything kicked so much butt for your wedding! From the last minute request with "Perfect" to getting to even play the soundtrack for your First Look, it was such a fun night! See you soon!

Bruce Berger · Married on 10/20/2018

Lively, classic band!

Kazz Music Orchestra performed at my son's wedding. The music was crisp and invigorating, very, dancable (is that a word?). The guests all loved the music, the dance floor was always packed. I wasn't involved in selecting the music, but the selections were perfect and the vocalist was excellent. As an observer, I highly recommend Kazz Music.

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Thomas

Thomas West · Married on 09/29/2018

Kazz Music Rocked The House!!!

Kazz Music Orchestra absolutely rocked the house! My wife and I could not be happier that we chose Kazz to be our wedding band. They were such a pleasure to work with from planning our big day to the last song. Thank you again to the band for keeping our dance floor PACKED and moving to the music :)

Sent on 10/23/2018

Kazz Music's reply:

Hey Tom! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review up for us! So very appreciated! Your wedding and the energy y'all brought was incredible! The fact that you all were clapping for solos, and clapping after each song in our dance medleys was amazing - Such great, positive energy the whole night! Hope to see you in Kingston soon!
  • Mrs.

Mrs. Courtney West · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Wedding Band from planning to execution and beyond!

From the first day my husband and I met with Kazz music, we were not only absolutely stunned by their musical talent, ability, and energy, we knew that we were beginning a professional relationship, as well as a friendship, that we would appreciate forever. Joe started our communication over email, always professional, efficient, friendly, and specific to us, which made us feel taken care of from the very beginning. Joe and Andrea even welcomed us into their home to get a sense of the celebration we were envisioning, and to get to know us as people. Over a flight of delicious mimosas, we not only exchanged our favorite tunes and stories, Joe and Andrea played an essential role in helping us plan and organize our timeline from start to finish. It was clear to us that this business is their passion, and they are experts! We knew they cared about helping us host a celebration that was reflective of our personalities and taste. We left beaming with excitement and warmed by a newfound friendship. Moreover, the band's planning document ended up being our master packet to exchange with other vendors to use as a reference. When it came to our actual wedding reception, seeing Joe and Andrea and the band felt like a reunion! They took over the evening and really read the energy of our guests and augmented the excitement and pace. Our guests were amazed! We received compliments throughout the entire night and after about the incredible talent and energy that filled the evening. Kazz music made our wedding planning feel like a true celebration from our first encounter to our final goodbye at the end. We highly recommend this band for a true celebratory experience with a team of experts who are invested in making your wedding dreams come true! We could not be happier with the way the evening turned out, and we will cherish the memories and music forever! We look forward to keeping in touch!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Meredith · Married on 09/15/2018

Holy guacamole, best band ever!

Selecting Kazz Music as our band was, without a doubt, the best decision we made throughout the wedding planning process. Working with Joe was such a pleasure, and his attention to detail was incredibly reassuring.

It felt like we were taking a leap of faith because we live out of state and were not able to see them perform live before the wedding, but the decision totally paid off!

You can tell they love what they do and have a lot of fun playing together. They did a rendition of Purple Rain which brought the house down, and guests of all ages were out on the dance floor the entire night— the ultimate wedding goal.

Wedding planning can suck, but this decision is easy— and did we mention the value?! Book them now, do not wait!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Aishlinn · Married on 08/11/2018

I can't say enough good things about Joe and his band. We had an 8-piece ensemble play at our wedding in August. They sounded phenomenal, and kept the party going all night long! It was truly the best weekend of my life, and the music at the reception was the highlight of the event for me and my guests. I got countless compliments that night and afterwards about how much everyone enjoyed the music, including from a friend who is in a band herself. I can promise you will be thrilled if you decide to hire Kazz Music, and so will your guests. If you've seen and heard the videos on their website and the smiling faces of people on the dance floor, you already know everything I'm telling you. What you might not know is how amazing it is to work with Joe. He is responsive, professional, organized, and attentive to detail. And on top of that, just a cool guy to know! So, not only will Kazz Music deliver exactly the sort of party you want to throw, but the process of getting there will be seamless and actually fun. If you choose this band, you will be delighted with your decision.

Sent on 08/29/2018

John · Married on 07/28/2018

They were absolutely amazing! Without a doubt the best band you can get for your wedding. We could not have been happier with them. They had all our guests on the dance floor throughout. So many friends and relatives were raving to us after the ceremony about how they were blown away by the Kazz Music Orchestra.
    Whether it was Motown, 80s, the Hora, Daft Punk, or Neutral Milk Hotel (a surprise request from my wife that they did a wonderful job with), the band was truly wonderful on each and every song.
    Joe, the band leader, takes a very hands on approach to make sure the event is expertly tailored to your musical taste. He's an extraordinary nice guy, and was very patient with my wife and I while we were going back on forth on a few decisions. He was even able to accommodate our stranger requests, such as my wife wanting to walk down the aisle to the theme to Jurassic Park. They helped make our wedding truly memorable for all our guests.
    I couldn't recommend them higher.

Sent on 08/23/2018
  • Leighton

Leighton · Married on 06/23/2018

AMAZING is an understatement.

Having a great band play at our wedding was very important to us. Coming from a musical background, I wanted a band that not only had great musicians, but also great chemistry (meaning, not rotating musicians every gig, which I learned is pretty common with wedding bands). Most importantly, we wanted a band with soul. The Kazz Music Orchestra delivered on all those things and really took it to another level! I can honestly say that EVERYONE complimented the band throughout the night and in all the conversations about the wedding for months after. Joe the band leader was very cool and super organized (almost geeky, in a good way). He really guided us on arranging the evening so that it flowed nicely. He made us think about little things that we wouldn't have on our own, there's a lot happening on your wedding day and it's definitely helpful to have a pro to guide you through the planning. They even worked out a cool guitar and piano duet for before and after our ceremony which was great, some Beatles + Hall&Oates. We didn't have to stress out thinking about anything related to the band, we gave some general directions as to what we liked and didn't like from their playlist (which is extensive) and Joe filled in the rest perfectly.

Our reception was in a small venue, 90 guests max, but the band was never too loud, they know how to play for the room. We weren't sure if our guests would get up and dance, not really a dancing crowd we thought... but the only time they stopped dancing was to eat! It was amazing, so much fun!!! Our first dance was At Last by Etta James...right from that song, Rhonda brought the house down...and it just kept getting better! They actually have two great singers, Keith killed it all night as well, I'd say they split the singing duties through the evening. Everyone in the band was on point- Chuck, Rawn, Dan, Andrea and Joe rocked the house!

We're so happy that we were lucky enough to have The Kazz Music Orchestra play at our wedding, it honestly wouldn't have been the same without them. Thank you so much for doing what you do, and doing it well. We wish you continued success!

~Leighton & Andrea

Sent on 11/02/2018

Davis · Married on 06/16/2018

Don't even think twice about hiring the Kazz Band. Just do it. You won't regret it.

Joe and the Kazz Band are so on top of everything, and absolutely stole the show the night of our wedding. Most of our guests were flying into NY from out of town and the one consistent theme throughout the night was "who is the band? They're the best I've ever heard!" Every song they played had people out of their seats and dancing. They are even kind enough to learn two songs that you request, which adds a cool, unique element to your wedding.

When choosing a band, you obviously want them to be good musicians and to play good songs, but Joe and the Kazz Band are so much more than that as well. They're so easy to work with and so on top of the logistics. The last thing you want is an unorganized vendor, but Joe and the band are so organized and detail-oriented. Joe has a logistics document that he requests each couple to fill out, which helped plan out each different part of the ceremony and reception so that everyone knew where they needed to be and when.

Furthermore, my wife and I got drinks with Joe several times before the wedding to get to know each other, hash out what songs we did/didn't want to hear wanted and ultimately plan the vibe we wanted during the reception. I'm all about the motown and having everyone out dancing on the dance floor, and Joe and the band definitely delivered on this front! Joe even let me get up on stage and play bass with them for a song, which is a memory I'll have forever. It was awesome.

So if you're looking for an awesome band that'll show up and rock your wedding, choose these guys. We'd go back and choose the Kazz Band every time.

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • Alexis

Alexis Mandel · Married on 06/02/2018

Absolutely amazing

Seriously the best wedding band. Period. My husband and I got married on 6/2 and we had a day wedding. The venue lent itself to Kazz Music's soulful sounds, and my guests were floored with how good they were. After reflecting on our day, I realized that I left the dance floor only ONCE. I never went around and spoke to our guests because I didn't want to miss a song. I also didn't eat, and I was OK with that !! They were so much fun to plan with, and I knew that when the day arrived, they were going to be perfect. And they were. I was definitely a more demanding bride in the sense that I wanted a very specific playlist, and they were able to please me and use their expertise to read my guests and know what to play at what times... Seriously amazing and so classy. I would give more than 5 stars if I could.....

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Kazz Music 13

Kazz Music's reply:

That picture you posted is awesome! I LOVED how you two approached your wedding doing the cocktail hour first with Dave's Not Here as the most awesome trio EVER! It was just such a uniquely planned wedding, and I'm so thrilled we got to play for you! Hopefully I'll see you soon!

Toby · Married on 04/28/2018

Joe and his band were an absolute delight to work with. From the moment we met with Joe months before the wedding to the last dance, we were continuously impressed and in awe of the music! It was our dream to have an exclusively motown music theme, and Kazz more than delivered. Our guests are still raving about the quality of the music and the great energy of the party - to which we attribute to the band.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Becky · Married on 01/14/2018

Words cannot express my gratitude for Joe and the rest of Kazz Music Orchestra for making our day over the top special!! Everyone is the band is kind and amazingly talented. I felt like my friends were up there jamming and having just as good of a time as we were!! Joe is one of the nicest people you will meet and so easy to work with. Again and again our friends and family have come up to us to tell us how much they enjoyed the band. I could not imagine doing this without them!! Thank you for you professionalism, beautiful music and great time!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2018
    Kazz Music 14
    Kazz Music 15
    Kazz Music 16
    Kazz Music 17

Kazz Music's reply:

Hey Becky! Thanks so much for posting this awesome review, AND for including my embarrassing goofy pose for the photographer! HA!!! You guys were so amazingly awesome to work with, and it was such a fun night. Thanks a million for having us party with you!

Seth · Married on 01/14/2018

The one thing I told my wife that I wanted for a wedding was a band and am I glad she listened to me!! One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was to hire Kazz Music Orchestra. Joe and the band made for a magical evening, they were flexible and walked us through the whole process. Not to mention they're amazing musicians!! All of them were a joy to work with and really made for a special evening. Thank you!!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Kathleen · Married on 10/27/2017

Kazz Music made our daughter’s dream wedding a reality! Throughout the process, Joe and Andrea were there to provide support and accommodate all of our requests. Even our vendors complimented Kazz for how well organized they were leading up to the big day and keeping the night running smoothly. When our daughter’s first dance song seemed too difficult to play live (Thousand Years by Christina Perry), they surprised her by writing their own rendition and totally making it her own special song. The music was incredible, and they had everyone out dancing. Throughout the night, our guests came up complimenting how great it was to have a band for a wedding. In addition to the band, we also had Andrea (the pianist) play the organ for our ceremony, which really added to the perfect day. We highly recommend Kazz Music, you will not regret it!

Max · Married on 10/27/2017

Ever since day one, Joe and Kazz Music were a thrill to work with. We knew that for our wedding, we wanted a band. However, determining the right band was the big decision. Joe was extremely organized and made everything as smooth as possible. They were INCREDIBLE. Guests raved about their quality and the atmosphere they brought to the dance floor. The music spanned from today’s hits and oldies to soul music. Overall, they were the number one compliment we received and our guests loved them. Every song sounded great, especially songs that were learned only about two weeks beforehand. Not only did the band sound professional, but they were a pleasure to work and communicate with through email and phone calls. Kazz Music was very responsive to our requests and made sure they tailored even the most minute details to our wedding. Hire this band, you will not regret it!

-Kathleen & Max

Brynna · Married on 10/21/2017

Kazz has been great to work with from day 1! Joe is so easy going and organized. We got so many compliments from our guests about how awesome the band was and how much fun they had dancing! He made the planning simple and executed a dance party to remember! We will definitely recommend Kazz to everyone!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Matt · Married on 10/21/2017

Kazz and his team were great to work with throughout our wedding planning and our big day. Shortly after we met with Kazz to discuss our vision and how the band would fit, I knew we had made the right choice. We truly felt like Kazz and his team were in our corner and were going to do everything they could to provide an epic dance party for our guests--which they did!

So many of our guests couldn't stop raving about how awesome the band was. Our guests were dancing all night and had a great time.

Searching for vendors can be stressful and difficult but I know Kazz will be the best decision you can make for a band. The band will take special care to make sure you get what you want on your big day and it will be a night to remember!

Sent on 12/26/2017

John · Married on 10/07/2017

We had a wedding for 110 people at a small hotel in upstated New York in October 2017. I’ll start at the end – from the moment Kazz band (5 instruments and a singer) started playing dance music until the last song, our dance floor was packed. Our guests had a wonderful time and didn’t want the music to stop. But in addition to being a fantastic band, the Kazz band is great vendor to work with. Kazz band met with venue separately to make sure they could work in the space (our venue had some size constraints). We met with members of the band twice in person to discuss our vision for the ceremony and reception – not only did they quickly understand what we wanted, but they provided valuable feedback and advice. Their expertise extends beyond just music – they helped us streamline the reception schedule (toasts, speeches, dances, etc.) to make sure we had a nice flow to the evening. Best of all, they would tell us “no” if we asked for something they couldn’t deliver. It didn’t happen often, but you can be confident that if Kazz says they will do something, they will do it well. When you work with Kazz band, you know their main goal is to execute your vision and make sure your guests have a wonderful time. We can’t recommend them highly enough.

Colleen · Married on 09/16/2017

We were so thrilled to have Kazz Music play at our wedding on September 16th! Every member of the band was amazing - they mesh so well together and played a wide variety of music that had our guests on the dance floor the entire night! We had also mentioned a special version of our first dance song that we really liked and they sang/played it beautifully.

Joe made the process so easy, answering our questions every step of the way. He was always responsive to our emails and we met up to go over our planning doc which was really helpful. Our other vendors were also impressed by how organized they were!

If you're considering a band for your wedding, there's no better choice out there than Kazz! It was by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. :)

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kazz Music's reply:

Hey Colleen! Thanks so much for the awesome review! We had a ton of fun at your wedding, and I'm glad we got to party together! Thanks for picking out such a cool version of an old classic for us to learn! Let's do drinks again soon!