Kay's Bridal Reviews

95 | Simi Valley, CA

95 Reviews for Kay's Bridal

• PurpleCanadianBride

Samantha · Married on 11/12/2016

I absolutely loved my experience at Kay's! I was a little hesitant after my last experience but it was everything I could have hoped for! As soon as you walk in the door, someone greets you and checks you in for your appointment. (You would think that all bridal shops would do that but some don't!) Their website says that they limit their appointments to one hour so I was worried that we weren't going to have enough time (I hadn't yet decided on a silhouette) but I didn't feel pressured once. I worked with Vicki and we couldn't have been a better match! I felt confident in her pulling dresses that I would be interested in. Their website doesn't list which dresses will be available in store but I showed her some pictures that I had liked and we started there. Vicki was so positive, professional, experienced and great with my family and friends!

The dressing room was HUGE. You could fit multiple dresses in the room at the same time, there were mirrors, a chair and dresser for your purse and accessories, and still room to walk around in the dress. My family and friends had a large and comfortable viewing area to see me in the dresses and the lighting was great. They had a wide selection of dresses and the prices were so reasonable! We had no problem staying within budget and dresses were high quality.

I never felt pressured to buy a dress that day but luckily I was able to find the right one! I want to add sleeves to the dress and Vicki offered to contact the designer to see if they have something that matches the dress as well as keep an eye out when they go to market next month. My family was very excited that we found the dress so we were taking lots of photos and Vicki told us to take our time and didn't rush us to put in our order.

Kay's also offers onsite alterations so we will most likely go through them. It's comforting to know that they can handle everything in one place!

Sent on 02/25/2016

Dominique · Married on 04/02/2016

This shop is wonderful! The ladies are all really helpful. They all know me by name whenever I go in. They allowed me to try on as many dresses as I wanted to find the one! They have an extensive selection to choose from. Any bride would be lucky to find their dress at this shop! I have no complaints!

Sent on 01/02/2016

I loved Kay's! They have beautiful dresses at very reasonable prices! The lady's who work there are very sweet and helpful.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Carli · Married on 08/01/2015

Kay's Bridal was wonderful for our daughter's wedding dress vendor. Her dress was beautiful and Kay did a great job tailoring the dress. My only complaint was that it was impossible to find all the hooks, the day of the wedding, that I paid extra for, to bustle the dress. Thankfully our daughter brought another dress to change into to dance in. Ultimately, wedding dresses are overpriced, but it is one day in their life!

Sent on 09/23/2015
  • F

Megan · Married on 09/20/2009

I had a wonderful experience shopping for my wedding gown at Kay's Bridal. They were very helpful and I found my dream dress! More beautiful than I could have imagined and totally not what I thought I wanted. They were able to help me fit it into my budget so I could have the dress of my dreams!

Sent on 04/29/2010

Than You, Thank You, Thank You

Ashley · Married on 07/19/2008

The ladies at Kay's bridal are very thorough and professional. Kay does wonderful alterations and the prices are very reasonable. I would give more stars for the "value for cost" if I could. There is a great selection of dresses, veils and accessories, no need to look elsewhere! My cost after alterations and including my veil and garter came in way under-budget!

Sent on 11/28/2008

Pamela · Married on 06/16/2007

Kay's Bridal in Simi Valley provided my wedding gown. They are really nice there and care about what you want. They aren't the typical salespeople that try and get you to buy a dress that you really don't want. They actually didn't carry my dress, but they gladly ordered it for me when requested. I ended it up getting it from them because of their fantastic services. They stored the dress for me until the day before when I wanted to pick it up and when picked up, it was freshly steamed and perfectly inspected and taken care of. They fitted me as many times as I wanted and were always very nice to whoever came to the store with me. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/26/2007

Jennifer · Married on 06/17/2016

Kay’s Bridal is an elegant bridal boutique that has an excellent variety of wedding gowns, the prices are reasonable and its associates provide very good customer service. I shopped around at about five or six bridal shops in the greater Los Angeles area and Kay’s Bridal had the best selection and prices of anyone. I found an absolutely gorgeous wedding gown that was everything I had dreamed and hoped for in a bridal dress, plus I found a beautiful veil, hair comb and garter at the shop, too. The in-shop seamstress also did a very nice job with the necessary gown alterations. I highly recommend this bridal boutique to anyone who is looking for great quality dresses and accessories at acceptable prices!

Sent on 10/10/2016

All of the ladies at Kay's are very kind and helpful. Cere made the experience of trying on dresses so much fun. I'm an out-of-state bride and Kay's has been very accommodating with my schedule. The quality and styles at Kay's are top notch, but the prices are more reasonable than most bridal salons.

Sent on 03/20/2015

Ashley · Married on 04/21/2012

3.5

LOVE Vickey and Beth!!! They both helped me pick out my dress, and of course, it was perfect! So affordable, but so stunning! Kay did all my alterations. She really knows what looks good and what will work with all body types! Can't wait to go back and show them all my pictures!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Lindsey · Married on 04/26/2008

Kays Bridal provided the perfect salon atmosphere for my wedding gown choice. After feeling overwhelmed by David's Bridal, Kay (the owner) helped me find the perfect dress. It fit all my criteria, fell in my price range, and looked gorgeous on me. I loved the service I got when at the salon. Everyone was friendly, and I could stand in the dress for as long as I wanted. My dress was matched with the perfect veil, that both complemented the dress and my preferred hairstyle, but also fit my face structure. I could never have picked it out on my own. Kay and her staff are happy to be in the business of weddings, and it makes all the difference!

Sent on 08/12/2008

I loved Kay's Bridal. The best thing is they don't work on commissions so it doesn't feel like they are just trying to sell you a dress. They honestly care about making their customers happy. This was the first and only place I went to get my wedding dress. It took me 5 dresses until I found the one and I had my "bridal moment".

The only reason I didn't give Kay's 5 stars is because of when it came to getting alterations. The owner, Kay, is the one who does all the alterations and since she has so much experience, she (I think unintentionally) makes you feel inferior. I attempted to explain what I wanted for a bustle and she made me feel stupid for suggesting anything other than what she said she could do. So I shut my mouth and let her do what she wanted. At the final dress fitting I wasn't happy. Luckily I had my mom and maid of honor with me and they stuck up for me and told Kay is wasn't what I wanted. She reluctantly agreed to make some changes and I was happier with them. I would just suggest that you stick to what you want and make it happen. At the end of the day, you are paying Kay's and you are wearing the dress on one of the most important days of your life so the only opinion that matters is yours.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Sharon · Married on 05/08/2010

Key's Bridal had the best selection I had seen, I felt like it was more my style. They had great Maggie Sottero dresses that I hadn't seen any where else. And they had a deal for the bridesmaids if they ordered their dress through them. Both my dress and theirs came out great. However, I lost a lot of weight before the wedding (and I told them I would!) and I know they dont want to take the risk if I didn't, but going from a size 12 to a size 6 cost me a lot in alterations! I just wish they would have told me it would cost $420 for alterations before! (my dress was around the high 600's - so that's more than half the cost of my dress) I felt like they pressured me to buy it asap because they couldn't guarantee it would get shipped in time if I waited. This was in Nov and my wedding was in May. Either way it's not their fault I lost the weight, so I think they did great and were helpful and patient with me. They answered all my questions with professionalism and they were very sweet. The dresses were at great costs for what they offered as with all Sotteros, I just maybe would check around for alterations (but they are certified with Sottero to do the alterations the right way!) But I definitely recommend them to everyone I know getting married!

Sent on 09/10/2010

Bonnie · Married on 01/19/2010

I went with my future sister in law to Kay's Bridal to try on dresses yesterday. We walked in and were immediately helped by Vicky. She showed us all the sample sizes that my FSIL could try on. My FSIL is a size 16 and they had 15 gowns to try on it that size. She ended up trying on one of their discontinued styles and fell in love with it. She purchased the gown for $540! That was 50% off the retail cost. They were very excited to sell one of their sample gowns. The samples were in pretty good condition too. They obviously take good care of their samples.

The only complaints I really have is that there were no sizes over an 18 and they only have like 4 of the 18's. If my FSIL had not just lost weight we wouldn't have been able to shop here. Also, they charge $25 for a bag to put the dress in and $50 to store the dress, which I thought was lame since those bags are $5.00 wholesale to buy. Their alterations seemed a little high. It was $160 for a basic hem.

Overall it was a good experience. Definitely go try on some of their sample gowns if you're on a budget!

Sent on 05/07/2010

Kay's Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much for your input. We were so happy we were able to help your sister-in-Law find her gown at a fantastic price. Since we offer such incredible prices for our discontinued sample gowns, we are not able to include the extra services that are included with our special order gowns. Warmly, Kay & Staff

Molly · Married on 10/10/2009

3.0

I love Kay's Bridal... my dress was gorgeous and Kay was fantastic... she went above and beyond to make me happy in my dress, including some major last minute changes.

Sent on 11/04/2009

Kay's Bridal's reply:

Molly, thank you so much for your recommendation. It was our pleasure to work with you. Again we wish you all the best. Warmly, Kay

3.5

Kay's Bridal was a great little shop with a lot of selection. Not only do they have new stock but also discounted dresses from previous seasons. My dress and alterations were reasonable, although I didn't do a lot of alterations. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful throughout the process of purchasing my dress.

Sent on 09/16/2015

I would recommend Kay's to anyone. The reason I gave a 4.5 on the responsiveness & professionalism is simply because its not your high end LA glamour store. More like an adorable mom & pop! I love the attention to detail as well as the friendly staff.

Sent on 12/15/2012

Naomi · Married on 02/16/2013

3.5

I got my dress here. It was gorgeous and well-priced(50% off - make sure to check the sale room). There was a great selection of bridal dresses here - all of them were amazingly beautiful! Everyone was really helpful. Kay even showed my MOH how to properly lace up my corset.

My only minor complaint is that despite the fact that I bought the dress there, they were a bit weird about the alterations. You want us to go over your lace dress and cut of a few threads? $20. Even they suggested I do it myself. Not overly problematic I suppose. I'd rather do it myself than spend the money, but I did get the dress from them and hadn't worn it since I'd bought it. It wasn't like I pulled the threads out myself. It would be nice to have them go the extra mile and help out a customer.

Sent on 03/05/2013

Kay's Bridal's reply:

Naomi, thank you for your review. This response is belated but I think it is important to address your comments about the alterations. The gown you purchased was a discontinued gown, which means that the designer is no longer making the gown, so we sell them at a deep discount. We always make sure the gowns are clean but since these are samples that have been tried on, they may not be "perfect". Thus we always state that the gowns are sold "As Is", and since the gowns are essentially sold under cost we cannot include those services that are included with special order gown...i.e. "pick up work" such as tying down beading or clipping strings. Often brides purchasing discontinued gowns are concerned about the cost of alterations in comparison to the cost the the gown. The reality is that these brides are still walking out the door with a beautiful gown at a great value.

3.8
      3.0

I was looking for the perfect wedding dress and I found it here! I walked into the store and everyone was so warm. Their dresses were within my budget of $2K and they didn't try to push you to purchase something over your budget. My dress ended up being $900, but everyone thought it was over $2K. I tried on about 5 dresses and ended up buying the first dress I tried on. The alterations were perfect and the dress fit like a glove! I would totally recommend Kay's Bridal for anyone who is on a budget, but is looking for something nice.

Sent on 08/03/2015
  • m&m love<3

Mirna · Married on 04/18/2014

3.6
      3.5

I'm content that I went with Kays bridal for my dress. My husband absolutely loved it!!! Even though I stayed within my budget, I do have to express 2 things I did not love about my experience. I set up my appointment with kays bridal and upon arrival, I was told I could only try on 5 dresses. This wasn't my first time shopping for bridal gowns but it was the first time I had a limit. And was not told about this upon appointment booking and it is not stated on their site. Also, it was not a busy day while we were there. I was upset but thankfully found my dress out of my 5 choices or I wouldn't have returned. Secondly, my gown was well within budget but alterations cost MORE THAN HALF my gown!!!!! I even got charged for her to adjust the buttons on the back of my dress so that the zipper didn't show (there's detailed buttons for a reason) and she claimed that the zipper was supposed to show and the buttons were supposed to stick out. I didn't feel I should pay for that but did anyways because I wanted everything to be easy. My dress was beautiful and overall my experience was decent but I did have to rate this lower than a 5 for those reasons... I advise you ladies to speak your mind if you don't like something about your dress upon fittings. My Bustle had to be changed twice until it was done beautifully or I would have looked extremely funny on the dance floor. Haha

Sent on 05/03/2014