Kay's Bridal Reviews

95 | Simi Valley, CA

95 Reviews for Kay's Bridal

I absolutely enjoyed working with Kay's Bridal! They have such a large selection of gorgeous gowns. I found *THE* dress and it was altered to perfection! Thank you so much Kay and staff for making my day special!

Sent on 01/03/2013
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 03/17/2012

I walked in not expecting to find anything, but they had a discounted dress I fell in love with. Everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful. The alterations were done quickly and my dress was perfect on my wedding day.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Nicole · Married on 02/18/2012

I LOVED Kay's Bridal. You go in and their dresses are all affordable, they are beautiful. I loved that most of the ladies working there were older, so you feel comfortable right away, like you are with family. They let you look and touch all of their dresses and pull your own dresses. They help guide you to do it based on your opinions on what you want, but you get to see and choose from all your options. Also, the prices are clearly marked so you don't have to wonder if you are trying on something out of your comfort zone. I LOVED the experience and ended up getting my dress, alterations and earrings from them. They were amazing!!!! I highly recommend this little shop.

Sent on 03/09/2012

Laura · Married on 10/28/2011

I ordered my six bridesmaid dresses through Kay's Bridal! I had looked all over Ventura County for dresses, but found most dresses to be very high priced. At Kay's Bridal I was able to find great quality Morilee dresses at very reasonable prices that my bridesmaids could afford. All of the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. They never pressured me at all, and gave me as much time as I needed to make my decision. I would highly recommend Kays to any bride!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Kelly · Married on 09/24/2011

I love Kay's Bridal! The service there is excellent and Kay is a perfectionist. When my mom first brought me to the store I was insure about what I would find. As soon as we walked in I found 2 dresses I loved, one of the ladies asked if I'd like to try them on. They happened to have an open dressing room. The first one I tried on was it!
    Throughout the trying on and fitting process all the ladies at Kay's had smiles on their faces and great advice! I would highly recommend looking for your wedding dress here. :)

Sent on 10/12/2011

Natalie · Married on 07/17/2011

Kay's Bridal was such a great place! I found my dress with the help of their amazing staff and they made me feel so comfortable trying on so many dresses! They made sure I didn't try on too many to confuse myself but enough to know what I liked! I definitely recommends Kay's they have a great selection!

Sent on 08/05/2011

Christine · Married on 07/02/2011

Kay and her staff made it easy to find a dress that matched my style. Vicki was very pleasant and she even let me take her favorite floor model to have a dress in time for my wedding.

Sent on 02/01/2012

Rebecca · Married on 05/21/2011

So I have to start off by saying this place is magical! I went here to look for a dress because a friend of mine had gotten her dress here and i was beautiful. And sure enough I found mine here... when I put my dress on it fit so perfect that i didnt need any alteration and since it was a d/c dress i got it for like 1/6 the price! amazing! In the months to follow i recommended this place to my 2 of my friends and my soon to be sister-in-law and yep you guessed it they all came home with a dress from kay's that they never wanted to take off...except maybe on their wedding night ;)

Sent on 06/14/2011

Peggy · Married on 12/11/2010

Kay was amazing and so helpful with everything! This was the 5th bridal shop I went to and was getting a little exasperated with the whole situation. The minute I walked into Kay's the ladies were so attentive and helpful; they helped pick out dresses for me that would fit my body type and made sure that I was always taken care of. I ended up ordering my dress and the bridesmaids dresses from them and they did all the alterations for the dresses!! Everyone in my bridal party looked AMAZING in their dresses!! The ladies at Kay's definitely know what they are doing; PLUS I got an amazing dress for a really good price!!

Sent on 12/13/2010
  • Aceyourface

Candace · Married on 07/31/2010

When I first started looking for a dress My mother and I went to Davids Bridal in Oxnard California. It was a joke. The girls were rude the dresses were dirty and we werent allowed to touch or look at them outside their bags. So it was really hard to find anything because I could barely see what they looked like. I kept searching online for decent vendors near by. I fell in love with Maggie Sottero dresses and I found Kays Bridal who happened to carry them. I called made an appointment and was able to set up a day to go try on dresses. The first day I went Vicky helped us. She was Uber nice very welcoming and helpful. What I loved about Kays was they were open and clean and pretty much said walk around touch and look and get a feel for what you want. The dresses were not hidden away in bags and they were all gorgeous! My problem was I waited until about two months before the wedding to look for dresses. And it takes about 4 months to get a new one in. So I was limited to either the displays they had or the discontinued dresses. I was so worried because im a little heavier set and I didnt know if any displays would be my size. But Vicky asked me questions and found some dresses that I thought were pretty. The very first one I tried on was opposite of everything I thought I wanted. But once I walked out and looked in the mirror I knew it was the one. I tried one more on just to say I didn't pick the very first dress I tried. But nope this was it. And it turns out they had just gotten that one in. Just three days before from market. And I was the very first one to try it on. And it was an excellent price! I got so many compliments on my wedding day. I love my dress!!!! Everyone from Kays including Kay herself is so friendly and helpful and professional. And really just want the bride to be happy and be sure she finds the perfect dress. I really appreciated all the wonderful experiences I had with them. It was like night and day compared to Davids Bridal. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/20/2010

Kay's Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much Candice! We loved helping you with your bridal gown. You looked beautiful! Our best wishes, Kay & Vicki

Angela · Married on 08/08/2009

Everything was perfect! Kay pays attention to all the details.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Kay's Bridal's reply:

She really does. It's a pleasure to watch her enjoy the brides. Vicki

Shannon · Married on 06/26/2009

I would highly recommend Kay's Bridal to any bride. The prices are great. I found my Maggie Sottero gown at Kay's for several hundred dollars less than other bridal salons were selling it for. The customer service is excellent!!! Kay really takes her time to make sure everything is perfect!!! Thanks Kay for all you time and hard work...it was very much appreciated!!!

Sent on 07/21/2009

Kay's Bridal's reply:

Thank you for the review. Kay always sells Maggie Sottero gowns at MSRP. Our goal is to always offer the best quality gowns at the best price. Warmly, Kay's Bridal

Sarah · Married on 04/03/2009

Kay's Bridal was great! I went looking everywhere for dresses and tried them on everywhere. Kay ordered my dress, altered it and had it ready for me when I needed it. The dress price also includes them steaming it out for you "walk down the isle ready". I didn't find another dress shop who would do that for you for free.

Great dress shop!

Sent on 04/18/2009

Kay's Bridal's reply:

It's our pleasure to include this on any special order gown purchase. Kay

Kathleen · Married on 10/26/2008

I LOVE this place. It is quite the find. Kay is very knowledgeable and does all the alterations on site. The store is located in Simi Valley, but is worth the drive. Kay keeps a large stock of Maggie Sottero dresses. They are corset dresses so they can give anyone boobs and a waist! Very important! ;) Her prices are very competitive. I checked around before ordering my dress.

Sent on 11/07/2008

Mindi · Married on 06/08/2008

I loved working with Kay's bridal. I found my dress somewhere else, but ordered it from Kay's because of their great customer service. My dress and the bridesmaids dresses arrived early with no issues. My alterations were done perfectly and Kay was very easy to work with. I also found my veil and headpiece there. It was great to have one contact for everything that really cared about me.

Sent on 06/29/2008
  • Ava

Ava · Married on 05/05/2007

My exp. with Kay's was the best. She was very helpful. She always took the time to help find items for me and answer questions. Her staff is just as wondeful. They took care of my bridal party like if it was her own. I would only req. her shop for all your bridal needs.

Sent on 07/24/2007

Vanessa · Married on 11/11/2016

They are outstanding here. I ABSOLUTELY wish I can do it all over again just to hang out with these women. The consultant: "DEE" helped me find my dress by hearing me out... We created something extraordinary from an ordinary dress. It was stunning and they even put my favorite music to make sure everything stayed in place. (At the end of the day) Very family oriented environment!!! Be prepared to purchase on your first visit and you may get a discount. You never know!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Lyndi · Married on 01/10/2015

My experience with Kay's was so wonderfully easy, even if it had a bumpy start. I had a specific black and white dress in mind that I was sure was "the one", but when I made my appointment, I learn they sold the sample to another, and it would be a few weeks before they got another in. I was disappointed, but decided to keep my appointment anyways. Now I know God just had to get that first dress out of the way so I wouldn't be distracted when I found my REAL dress, haha. Candace pulled a few dresses for me, even though I didn't love any of them that much because I knew I didn't want a solid white/ivory/etc. dress...then we spotted my gown, all black tulle over champagne (needing no alterations!), and that was it. Given the style of my gown, I was able to get an amazing deal on it, and they stored it until I was ready to pick it up, and steamed and bagged it before I came in. Every employee I met during my visits was incredibly kind and helpful, and kind of made me want to keep going back to buy more dresses! I found my dress on the first visit, a bride can't ask for much more than that!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Kay's was my first stop in wedding dress shopping because my sister had purchased her dress there a few years prior and had a great experience. Everyone is friendly, helpful, patient and upbeat. After Kay's I went to a few other shops and realized just how great Kay's is. The other shops that I went to didn't let you take pictures with the dresses on (which really is huge, it is so helpful to look back on the dresses to see what you like best when you're not right in the moment) and they were frequently pushy, rude and impatient. Needless to say, I went back to Kay's and purchased my dress there even though I live in Santa Barbara. Their prices are reasonable, they are organized and knowledgable, plus they do all the alterations in house and hold your dress for you until the day of. I was a bit of a pain in the bum because the alterations weren't quite what I was hoping for the first time around, but they were patient with me and made sure that the dress was just right. My only complaint would be that they didn't have a sash we wanted to try, so we had to purchase it, and then once we received it and realized that I didn't like it, we couldn't return or exchange it. But that is a minor complaint. Purchasing your wedding dress is exciting and a little overwhelming and finding a shop that makes you feel comfortable is really important. I had a really wonderful experience and would highly recommend Kay's to any bride!

Sent on 01/01/2015

I originally went to Kay's just to see what size dress I would be shopping for as our timeline didn't allow for an ordered dress, I needed off the rack. Amazingly I found my dress on a whim when I inquired about any convertible dresses. After trying on about 3 dresses I hadn't been particularly happy with I was leaving and saw that they pulled out the one 2 piece gown they had, from the sale rack. I made the quick decision to get back in the fitting room and try one last dress on. WELL THAT WAS IT! I had to have it, and better yet the cost was much lower than I anticipated spending. I was able to sign up for "wow wednesdays" and went in on their certain day of the month to get an extra % off the sale rack. The only issue I had was when I waited specifically for the day to come up for the discount, I was rung up without it and had to show proof of my e-mail that I had registered for the deal of the day. In the end it worked out and I got the discount I waited for, but could have missed my opportunity if I had not been paying attention and not asked to talk to Kay about the girl behind the registers error. Overall a lovely local shop and I highly recommend the service compared to the larger chains where they just want to make a sale for commission.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Kay and her team do a fantastic job. It's a lot of fun!

Sent on 02/16/2013

Kelly · Married on 10/29/2010

Kay's Bridal was great! I had to get quite a few fittings done due to the fact that I was changing a lot to the dress and they were so great about it! The alteration prices were a little steep (which is why I gave it a 4.5 out of 5), but the cost of the designer dress was good, so it sort of made up for it. They made the dress look like it was made just for me. It fit like a glove. The service was great and I would recommend Kay's Bridal to anyone shopping for a wedding dress!

Sent on 02/08/2011

Kristen · Married on 06/06/2009

I would definitely recommend Kay's Bridal to any brides in the Ventura County area. I looked at a number of local shops and actually found my dress at Camarillo Bridal, but looked at Kay's to compare prices and services, and Kay's was definitely a much better deal. Kay and her staff were helpful and friendly, and I came in for several fittings after purchasing my dress because Kay wanted to be sure to get the alterations just right. I had a very good experience with Kay, and was glad to support a local shop.

Sent on 11/23/2009
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 04/21/2019

Beautiful Gowns!

Kay's had one of the best selection of dresses of any shop I visited! Everyone was super helpful when I went to shop and very accommodating to the guests I brought. I had my dress altered there too and they stored it until my wedding for a small fee. I went all over LA looking for a gown within my budget (

Sent on 07/18/2019

Lupe · Married on 11/10/2017

Everyone that works here is so nice and professional. I didn't feel pressured. Good selection. And they were flexible on rescheduling my fittings a couple of times due to changes in my schedule, etc. Alterations aren't cheap, but that's probably common everywhere. However they did do a good job. My dress had LOTS and LOTS of layers, so I can see why it would be time consuming. Can't wait to wear my dress.

Sent on 11/01/2017