Kathy's Cakery, Ltd. Reviews

18 | Richfield, OH

18 Reviews for Kathy's Cakery, Ltd.

1 User photo

Kathy's Cakery, Ltd. 1

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Kathy and Gary were an absolute delight wonderful to work with! What a fun and professional couple! They truly made our dream wedding cake a reality (both by design and by flavor)! The cake, icing and filling made up the most delicious cake we've ever had--different in the best ways from all the other places we tried. Perfectly freshly baked cake with a special italian style icing not overwhelmingly sweet and the perfect amount of creamy, and filling made with real fruit! All of our guests loved it and we got so many compliments about how delicious the cake was! We cannot wait to have our 1 year anniversary cake. We had enough extra left over anyways that we might just go ahead and break into it sooner :-). Go with Kathy's Cakery! It's worth the extra cents per slice, and you won't regret a single penny!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Kathy's Cakery, Ltd. 2

Dan · Married on 05/06/2017

We hired Kathy after we found her both at the Bridal show at the IX Center. We had a special requirement that the whole cake be free of artificial dyes because my now wife is allergic.

We had a tasting at their home several weeks before the wedding. She does the baking and her husband does the design. All of the options were delicious and 100% natural and homemade. We went with a white cake with buttercream frosting. 2 layers of raspberry filling and a layer of espresso filling.

The cake design turned out amazing. It tasted as good as it looked. Our wedding was small. About 60 people. The cake was for 100. There was no cake leftover.

Now this is what really stood out to me. I stopped over their house to drop of the final payment for the cake. I was conversing with her husband and we got to talking about how my dad is very sick. We were discussing how much my dad likes cars. He leaves for a moment and comes back with this huge illustrated book on the history of cars. He says "Give this to your dad." Something so simple made my dads day.

Trust me. Go with Kathy's Cakery. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 05/11/2017
  • Z

Zaneta · Married on 09/17/2016

Kathy and her husband did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Every one of our guests enjoyed the cake. They were both so professional from day one. If you want to blow away your guests with an amazing cake, Kathy's Cakery is the way to go!!!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Carrie · Married on 06/20/2015

It was a pleasure working with Kathy and Gary. They made our cake look beautiful and taste amazing. They worked with us on making our wedding cake very special. Got many compliments on how delicious our cake was. I would recommend them to any bride for their special day.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Kathy and Gary were a pleasure to work with. The created a cake that was beautiful and tall just like I wanted and I couldn't have asked for a better tasting cake! Oh my goodness, best cake I have ever had. The chocolate fudge cake was to die for. I am so glad we found you. You added the perfect cake to our perfect day. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Ron · Married on 09/08/2012

The cake we purchased from Kathy was amazing. All 150 guests thought so as well. The look of the cake was absolutely beautiful and it tasted as good as it looked. The price was more than fair and the service was excellent. I will/would recommend Kathy's Cakes to anyone. Thanks so much Gary and Kathy!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Kathy and Gary did an exceptional job of turning my dream wedding cake into a reality. The flavors were mouth watering and left my guests wanting more. I am grateful that they were recommended to me, they truly delivered 5 star service all the way around.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Jill · Married on 12/10/2011

Kathy's Cakery created out daughter's wedding cake. They did an outstanding job! While meeting with them, they designed the most beautiful cake which far exceeded our expectations! It was delicious too! The groom's cake was a replica of a concert ticket, he loved it! We highly recommend Kathy's Cakery, the only dilemma we had was deciding which flavors we wanted, they were all very delicious!!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/29/2011

Kathy & Gary from 'Kathy's Cakery' were a joy to work with. A friend of mine referred them to me and a few weeks later we got to taste their work at her wedding. Let me tell you we were not disappointed- it was the best wedding cake we'd ever had! We met with Kathy and Gary the following week at their home for an official tasting (though by that point we were pretty much sold!). They were extremely friendly and helpful and you can tell they truely love what they do, this really comes across in their work. I found them to be very reasonably priced compared to many other bakers I researched in my area. We received so many compliments both on how the cake tasted and how beautiful it was. They did a really wonderful job!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Julie · Married on 08/28/2010

Kathy and Gary were absolutely amazing. I went in with an expectation of what I wanted my cake to look like and taste like and they far exceeded those expectations! They custom designed me a cake that I will never forget. It was the absolutely best experience.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Joey · Married on 08/08/2009

Kathy and Gary did a phenomenal job of capturing the pictures and images in our heads of what we wanted our wedding cake to look like. Everything from the initial consultation to delivery went extremely smooth. Kathy and Gary are both very talented and we would highly recommend them to anyone in the market for an out of this world cake. Our cake was the talk of our wedding.
    Thank you sooo much.

Joshlyn & Joey

Sent on 08/21/2010

Helen · Married on 08/05/2009

I cannot glorify this bakery enough!! People are still talking about the look and taste of the wedding cake!! It was a big hit!! I completely recommend Kathy's Cakery for all brides, you will not be disappointed. From initial consultation to delivery, Thanks so much!!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Kearstin · Married on 10/18/2008

I loved my cake! I have received so many compliments on it! Kathy and Gary were amazing to work with! They were so personalized and great personalities. I would use them again and again! We loved it!

Sent on 02/16/2009

Alesha · Married on 07/25/2008

Kathy made us an AMAZING wedding cake as well as the cake for my wedding shower. They were both just incredible looking and tasting! Gary designed our wedding cake for us and it was beautiful. Everyone at our wedding just raved about the cake and we loved it! It was exactly what we wanted and they made it perfectly. Would definitely recommend them and would happily use them for other cakes in the future! Thanks Kathy and Gary!

Sent on 04/12/2010

Amber · Married on 06/20/2013

Kathy makes the cakes out of her home which makes this even more Amazing. I tried to trip her up by throwing a flavor at her that she had never made ... Piña colatta & she nailed it!!
    If u like coconut I strongly suggest u try it in one of the 3 cakes she will make for ur tasting, choosing one was the most difficult thing. Everything else aside she is willing to work with u on payments an boy was it worth every penny!!! I will recommend Kathy to every person I know

Sent on 06/26/2013

Suzanne · Married on 08/30/2014

Kathy makes the most delicious, beautiful cakes! My husband and I thoroughly shopped for all of our wedding vendors, and we went to eight (yes, eight!) cake tastings in the Cleveland area. Kathy's Cakery was the clear-cut winner. Our cake tasting experience was very professional and impressive, and her and her husband, Gary, were very accommodating. Gary even made a sketch of our potential cake per our requests right at the tasting! We were made to feel very special both at the tasting and throughout the cake planning experience. Kathy's cakes are rich, decadent, and moist. Her signature buttercream frosting is out-of-this-world! We chose two cake flavors: Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Espresso Mousse Filling and Yellow Butter Pound Cake with Citrus Buttercream Filling. Our wedding guests raved about both. Even the kids loved both flavors, especially the chocolate. And, many of the guests were taking pictures of the cake because it was so beautiful. We had an all-around wonderful experience with Kathy's Cakery. If you're shopping for a cake vendor, be sure to check them out!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Erin · Married on 08/12/2017

Kathy and Gary are one heck of a power couple! We met them at a bridal show where they only had one flavor to sample and we were already impressed.

Kathy makes amazing flavored cakes and icings (not the sugary jam stuff, but creamy and rich). All real ingredients.
    Gary is the creative who helped create the cake of our dreams! We did a Disney themed wedding and had a cake topper as well as some Pinterest inspirations.

Our tasting incorporated several small cakes to try with different fillings and icings. We then did a sketch with Gary. It was great to have a vision we could take home and review! Honestly, we booked them right after the tasting, based on other places we had visited not being nearly as good.

They were very accommodating to additional tastings for flavoring refinement and other sketches. They delivered on time and were very fun!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Holly · Married on 06/30/2012

This was seriously the best cake I have Ever tasted! Kathy was very accommodating with my daughters wishes too have wheat grass growing up all around the cake. We received very personalized service. I highly recommend Kathy, and I have to many of my friends!

Sent on 08/23/2012