Kathy Blanchard Photography Reviews

39 | Owings, MD

39 Reviews for Kathy Blanchard Photography

39 Kathy Blanchard Photography Reviews

Alexa · Married on 10/14/2017

Kathy and her sister were the exact photographers I was looking for on my wedding day! They arrived on time and were extremely professional. They were always present to capture the "best moment", however, I didn't even realize because they were do discrete. It was important to me that most of my wedding photos were not staged, but rather natural and candid, which is Kathy's style!! It has been nearly 6 months and I still can't decide which ones I want to frame for my house.

Sent on 02/28/2018

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Alexa - Thanks so much for your review! You guys had such an incredible wedding - Both Missy and I had a blast - you guys are so much fun! Thanks again for deciding to book me!

Joanne · Married on 06/05/2016

Great photos and quality. She is very responsive to any questions and requests! Large rang in style from classic and romantic, to fun and quirky. Beautiful photos. We are so happy we chose her as our photographer.

Emily · Married on 12/05/2015

Kathy is an amazing photographer! On site she was quick, flexible and took gorgeous photos - we had a great time with her! I would recommend Kathy to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 03/22/2016

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Emily + Dave - wow - thank you so much for the wonderful review!! It was so amazing to be able to be a part of your day. Both Missy and I could not get over how beautiful it was and how nice both your families are. I am so happy for you guys - I do weddings because of couples like you who are so genuinely happy!! Congratulations on starting your new life together!

Blaire · Married on 09/06/2015

We used Kathy for our 9.6.15 wedding. We had also used Missy to accompany Kathy. They were wonderful! They made everyone feel at ease and were a blast to be with. Even our wedding party could not stop saying how much they loved both of them. The photographs turned out so great! We could not be any happier with them. They were the perfect mix of fun/candid with classic/timeless. We would recommend Kathy (and Missy) to anyone!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Blaire - Thank you so much for the review! We love your family so much and were so happy to be a part of your day!!

Kate · Married on 09/05/2015

Kathy is a warm, creative, and fun person. We loved having her photograph our wedding at The Oaks. She was one of the few vendors that never batted an eyelash about the fact that we are lesbians. She took the time to listen to what we wanted, and she really followed through. We love our photos! Kathy's sister Missy was our second shooter, and she did a fantastic job, too. They work really well together. Kathy also went above and beyond to notify us after the wedding when our videographer went out of business and was not returning people's footage to them. She really looked out for us. I'm so happy we chose Kathy and Missy!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Kate + Heather - Thank you so much for your amazing review. The love that you guys have for each other is so pure and it was really our pleasure to witness and document it. I can't wait to get your wedding on my blog ( which I am working on now!! ) because it was so incredible.. Thank you for choosing Missy and I to be there and congrats on being newlyweds!

Kathy did an excellent job at our daughter's wedding. She and her sister were courteous, prepared, professional, and innovative. My daughter had a wardrobe malfunction immediately following the ceremony, which could have been a major issue - but Kathy was prepared - pulled out her sewing kit and a safety pin, reassured my daughter that all was good, and we were back on track in a couple of minutes - very impressive. Did I mention that the photos were absolutely beautiful? 2 photographers, 7 hours of activity and Kathy did not miss a magic moment - strongly recommend you consider Kathy for your wedding or any other important life event for that matter.

Kelly · Married on 06/19/2015

Kathy captured every detail of our special day so perfectly and was a dream come true! Highly recommend her to anyone looking for memories to truly last a lifetime!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Kelly + Ken - Thanks so much for taking the time to review me!! You guys had such a gorgeous wedding and I really had a great time!

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2015

Kathy and her second photographer, Melissa, took fantastic photos, weren't obtrusive at all (we literally didn't see them at the ceremony or reception except when they were posing us), and were super responsive both before and after the wedding whenever we had a question. Kathy also had great follow-up after she sent our photos, checking in to see if we had any questions or wanted any changes made. And, of course, the photos were beautiful!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Jen + Adam - Thank you so much for taking the time to review me! Your wedding was so incredible - both Missy and I were thankful to be a part of it..

Lovely sisters who were ever present yet unobtrusive who documented this special day magnificently!

Courtney · Married on 05/02/2015

We absolutely loved working with Kathy and Missy. Our pictures turned out great, and the experience was fun! We love all of the pictures, and find new ones overtime we look through them! We cannot recommend Kathy and her team more!

Kathy was (is) amazing! Before choosing a photographer, we visited with several different people, including Kathy. We ultimately chose Kathy because we liked her personality, flexibility and professionalism. She was super laid back/down to earth and we really felt comfortable with her, even from our first 30 minute meeting at her home. Her photos are amazing; we loved that her style i semi-photojournalistic, traditional/classic, whimsical and creative all at the same time. She was very flexible and worked with us to put together a photo "package" that met our needs and budget. For our engagement shoot she suggested the perfect place that we never would have thought of, and then spent double the amount of time with us than planned just because we were having a good time and she kept spotting unique places to take more photos. (We also brought our dog with us and she was great with him, too!) On the actual day of our wedding, Kathy was ultra professional, polished, unobtrusive and timely. My group of bridesmaids has an ongoing joke that Kathy completely got in on for the entire day/evening, which made it even more fun to take photos with my girls.

We love our photos so much - I don't know what else to say! I am so happy that Kathy was the one who documented our big day and I cannot recommend her enough to other couples planning their weddings.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Zoe + Chris, Thank you so much for your awesome comments! It really was my pleasure to spend the day with you guys! You and your family were so fun!!! Thanks so much for choosing me!

Audrey · Married on 11/08/2014

Simply put, Kathy is amazing. From our initial meeting to the actual wedding day, she was professional, flexible, accommodating, and always with a great attitude. For our engagement shoot, we really wanted pictures in 2 separate locations which she gladly accommodated. We also brought our dog, Georgie, and Kathy was incredibly patient and included him in some beautiful shots, as well as brought him a few cute bow-tie options :) From the very beginning, she made us feel comfortable and got us to have fun with the process!

Because of the nature of our wedding, there was a lot going on with multiple outfit changes, several first-look shoots, tons of family photos, a Barat, 2 separate ceremonies, and the reception. Kathy and Renee were on their feet for 10.5 hours, working flawlessly with some intricate family dynamics and never losing their senses of humor! They seemed to be everywhere at once, never intrusive, and came up with some very creative shots including our "must-haves." They offered much needed advice and structure during the craziness, and even took on tasks that weren't required of them...like running the rings to the best man! Their friendliness and humor put everyone at ease, and certainly relaxed my nerves. Overall, we could not have been happier with the way our wedding day and the subsequent photos turned out--they were truly amazing, and my husband and I couldn't stop smiling as we pored through all of the pictures and re-lived that special day. Kathy and Renee were a dynamic, wonderful team, and captured a countless number of truly special moments.

Their professionalism, fun personalities, flexibility, and quality of work are second to none. Choosing to work with Kathy was the best investment we made for our wedding, and we're so glad we did! We can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Audrey + Milin - Thank you so much for your review - I just wanted to say it was an incredible experience to be a part of your wedding day and engagement session. You guys were so easy to work with and had so much fun with your pictures. I love Georgie so much - he brought so much to both sessions!! Both Renee + Are were so happy to be there! Hope you guys are well!

Jackie · Married on 11/02/2013

Working with Kathy was a dream from day one! She was so easy and fun to work with and brought a lot of ease to the whole wedding planning process. Kathy's work is so creative and personal, which was exactly what I was looking for in a photographer for the big day. Both Kathy and her sister Missy did an amazing job capturing the beauty and fun of the wedding, from the family pictures to the reception and all of the small details. I couldn't be happier with the photos she took and will cherish them forever.

Sent on 03/04/2014

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Jackie, Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your day!! We had such a blast with you guys - you had an incredible day!

Leslie · Married on 10/17/2013

Kathy was incredible to work with, and was so flexible! We came into DC for a very small wedding, and were supposed to get married at the War Memorial at the National Mall. Well, along came the government shut down, and everything was up in the air. She was very patient about everything being up in the air, and we just let her know the changes as they came along. We eventually ended up getting married on the grounds at the National Cathedral, and she met us there. What beautiful pictures we have, and beautiful memories were captured! Kathy has an eye for catching the moments that really matter. As a same sex couple with young children, I can say that she handled both of the situations wonderfully. The kids were not particularly cooperative, and she still captured beautiful images of them. She captured the love that we have as a couple, and as a family! I would definitely recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Leslie + Terry! It was my pleasure to be there with you guys! I was so happy to do it!
  • F

Faye · Married on 09/07/2013

Kathy was absolutely phenomenal! I just got my photos back and I can't believe how beautiful & intimate they are! Well, I always knew they would be great, but some of them or just surprisingly remarkable. She took shots of moments that I wouldn't have been aware of otherwise, and for that I thank her. Everyone can't stop talking about the photos. She is creative and smart with her photographs but also funny, and a good time to be around! Her sister, Missy, came as her assistant and they were an unstoppable team. I highly recommend them both!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Faye + Adam! I felt so fortunate to be a part of such an incredible wedding - love you guys!

Kristen · Married on 07/21/2013

Kathy Blanchard is an incredibly talented photographer and is a joy to work with. We just got the pictures back from our wedding and we could not be happier with her work. The pictures are gorgeous, and she captured so many special moments from the event. We have loved looking back over the photos as they really let us relive the day. We also have SO many photos to choose from. I'm not sure exactly how we will choose for the album because we love so many of them. Kathy's work speaks for itself, but I also really appreciated how professional, kind and laid back she was on the day of the event. She was really lovely to be around, she was not pushy, and was not in anyone's way with the camera. During the reception and ceremony, she got great pictures but almost went unnoticed. For the personal, one on one shots with my husband, I really felt like she got who we were and what we wanted, and just did such a beautiful job. I have already passed her name along to all of my Washington, DC friends. I HIGHLY recommend hiring Kathy for your wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed!

Charles · Married on 06/22/2013

Kathy and her assistant Barbara did an amazing job at our Wedding. Kathy was very easy to work with and did a great job of making us comfortable. We opted for the engagement package along with our wedding shots, and the engagement photos were an excellent way to get familiar with Kathy and her shooting style.

Kathy is very professional and I got the sense that she has been doing this for a while, which gives her a great for shots. We absolutely loved all of our wedding photos and were very pleased at the quick turn-around. Kathy had 1,200 photos to us about a month after our wedding!

Finally, I should add that Kathy is very fun and will bring props for you to wear / use in the shots. She is very creative. I can't recommend her enough.

Cutter · Married on 10/13/2012

Wonderful people and wonderful photos. Thank you so much.

Meg · Married on 05/27/2012

Kathy is so incredibly talented. She captured every moment of the most important day of our new life together with perfection. She's funky and artistic, she has a great eye. Everyone loves black and white photos (and hers of course are amazing), but I've never seen more beautiful color photos in my life! She just makes the colors pop! She's great to work with and loves her job. She's so fun and creative, everytime I look at my wedding photos, I feel like I'm reliving the day. We couldn't be happier and more thankful to have had her be a part of our big day :) I would suggest her to everyone.

Pamela · Married on 04/28/2012

Kathy was fantastic! She is creative, even using an Annapolis shop called, "The Brown Eyed Girl," as a backdrop because she remembered my eye color! She was even able to coax my very shy six year old nephew to join the photos and caught him in the act of eyeing the wedding cake. Her energy and enthusiasm is contagious and really made the day special.

Maisie · Married on 04/21/2012

Kathy and her sister were absolutely fantastic. They were incredibly easy going and managed complex family dynamics with grace. Our pictures are absolutely incredible. She got a perfect array of classic photos and some with a more artistic bend. The photo booth was the highlight of the party! I would emphatically recommend Kathy Blanchard Photography.

Leslie · Married on 09/03/2011

For our wedding we were lucky to be able to hire the tag team of Kathy and her sister Melissa and what a great decision it was! They were non-stop from the moment they arrived until they left at the end of the reception....Kathy kept the mood light which kept my nerves down and was so easy to work with. I cannot wait to see all the pics! Also, we had a flower girl that was only 2 and didn't want to look at the camera---they both thought out of the box and found a way to keep her (and us) entertained to keep her looking at the camera. True professionals!

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2009

Kathy is a gem. We had planned an outdoor, fall wedding and our weather was a Nor'easter and 40 degrees. Her attitude, in spite of the gloomy weather, was bright, positive and creative. She lifted all of our spirits. Her personality is a plus but her photography also rocks, She's a fun, creative photographer: the rain poured and she shot photos of us under umbrellas; it was freezing and she got lovely shots of everyone in doorways. She didn't ignore the rain, she incorporated it and our pictures are awesome. Beautiful, fun photography with a positive, creative photographer was an invaluable investment in our wedding day.

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2006

She's not only an amazing photographer but she's super easy to work with and really FUN! A girl you'd want to hang out with after the big event. Seven years later and she's still photographing our family.

Sent on 02/08/2013

Kathy Blanchard Photography's reply:

Thanks Courtney! Your family is so amazing! So glad I was a part of your day as well as to see your family grow!