Kathryn Hyslop Photography Reviews

31 | Pittsburgh, PA

31 Reviews for Kathryn Hyslop Photography

31 Kathryn Hyslop Photography Reviews

R · Married on 08/04/2018

We absolute loved working with Katie for our wedding! We had a very non-traditional plan in mind and she was extremely flexible, thoughtful, and well organized. She has such a wonderful eye for photos, color, and contrast that I strongly recommend you give her full rein to do as she pleases. My guests couldn't stop commenting about how much they enjoyed Katie and the resultant photographs. Would love to work with her again!!

Kathryn Hyslop Photography 1
    Kathryn Hyslop Photography 2

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

Katie is amazing!! She has been so much fun to work with! We first met with Katie about a year before our wedding. We did both our engagement session and wedding photos with her. It was important to me to find someone who was easy to get ahold of, flexible, and organized. She helped me with planning and gave me a lot of advice. During our sessions she was fun, direct with what needed to happen, organized, and super patient especially with our dogs! We had a big bridal party, 19 in total, Katie kept us on schedule and on task! Our pictures turned out to be more amazing than we ever could have imagined! Thank you so much!!

Kathryn Hyslop Photography 3
    Kathryn Hyslop Photography 4

Maggie · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I simply cannot say enough great things about Katie! We are so grateful that she was able to capture the most important day of our lives. She made the entire wedding process smooth and easy when it came to the photography component. Not only is Katie extremely kind but she also makes her subjects feel very comfortable while they are being photographed. We loved the way that she would tell us to “just keep making out and act cute with each other.” She has an amazing way of putting you at ease when you are in front of the camera. We were married on May 19th and Katie knew how much that I did not want it to rain. Even though we had two little surprise rain showers, she made me feel so much better about the whole situation by telling me that “it’s going to blow over, don’t worry.” And she was right! Also, not surprisingly, the rain shots that we did get were ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING and some of my favorite pictures honestly. She has an amazing way of turning what I thought would be a bad situation into a good one. So many of our family members and friends at the wedding commented on how easy going yet hardworking Katie is and we could not agree more. Katie is extremely friendly yet professional. My husband and I both felt that she really took the time to get to know us as people and the style that we wanted to have for our wedding. Katie even takes the time to follow your Pinterest account if you have one to get a sense of the type of style, poses, and lighting that you want your photos to have. Katie is also extremely organized by making a day-of-timeline with all of the important shots that you want at the wedding so you don’t have to stress about it. I felt completely comfortable the day of the wedding because I knew that she would capture all of the important moments that I wanted. She is such an amazing person and truly an artist behind the camera. You cannot go wrong with hiring her and I look forward to working with her for future life events!

Kathryn Hyslop Photography 5

Laura · Married on 12/09/2017

I can’t give Katie high enough ratings. She was truly fantastic in every sense of the word. When you think of the type of vendor you want working the most important day of your life, she is it! As a professional She was so easy to talk with from the beginning, made us feel welcome and like friends chatting. She was there throughout the entire process and reached out to see if I needed anything multiple times. She had suggestions and advice and was available to answer any questions. As a photographer she was knowledgeable, talented and captured each moment in a way that resembled art. Looking back at our photos I can remember how I felt in that moment. I truly love the photos and have so many favorites! Make an easy decision and hire Katie, you will be so glad you did!

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2017

Katie was awesome to work with!!! We loved our engagement photos & those we have seen from our wedding so far. In addition to being a talented photographer, Katie also took the time to get to know us & was there to help during the most stressful part of my day! The best was our shots on Heinz Field!

Jessica · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved working with Katie as our photographer. We had a small, non-traditional wedding, and Katie was happy to customize a session that suited us. She offered a lot of professional, friendly guidance where we needed it, but was very flexible and adaptable at the same time. During our portrait session, she made us feel relaxed and was genuinely fun to hang out with. And she was able to keep twin three-year-olds and a toddler happy and smiling in most of their pictures! The photographs are beautiful and Katie was able to get them back to us in half the turn-around time she quoted. We're really happy with our experience with her and would consider her again for future photography needs.

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2017

There are so many wonderful things to say about Katie. She is incredibly easy to work with, friendly, and still maintains a professionalism to get her work completed. She was punctual with our engagement session and early on our wedding day. The final meeting before our wedding was such a help to keep us organized and calm, as well as to inform us of what to expect. Then we got our photos back (very timely) and were just blown away! Be prepared to stare at your phone/computer for hours!! Katie is extremely personable, talented and creative. This is her calling in life and we would recommend her to anyone ( and we have been!)

Kathryn Hyslop Photography 6

Bradley · Married on 09/15/2017

Katie is a wonderful photographer and is worth the money you spend. From the first meeting to the last minute we had with her from our special day she was so helpful and professional. The pictures we received have been amazing. We will be using her for all future events and will recommend her to everyone.

Tracy · Married on 09/08/2017

The 1st time I booked Katie was for my sons senior pictures in 2015 Since then, I I've been fortunate enough to book Katie for 3 more family shoots including my youngest daughter's senior pictures, my engagement pictures and my wedding pictures. Katie is very professional and friendly. She has a real eye for getting the perfect shots and is very artistic about it. The quality of every one of Katie's shots proves she is a professional at her job. Everyone that has seen the pictures she shot for me and my family are amazed how beautiful and creative they are. What I like best is that she takes the time to get to know the person she is working with and makes you feel comfortable. The only regret I have is not finding her sooner to have been able to book her for my oldest daughter's senior pictures. I highly recommend her service, you will not be disappointed.

Kathryn Hyslop Photography 7
    Kathryn Hyslop Photography 12
    Kathryn Hyslop Photography 13
    Kathryn Hyslop Photography 14

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2017

Katie is an amazing photographer and I recommend her wholeheartedly for any event or occasion! We consider ourselves so honored and lucky to have had Katie photograph our wedding and we look forward to working with her for every photo worthy event life throws at us. Having Katie as our photographer contributed so much to our wedding: stunning, romantic and personalized wedding and engagement pictures, keepsakes that we will treasure for life, thoughtful and considerate vendor recommendations, and calm, friendly support throughout the wedding planning process. We are so thankful for the amazing pictures that perfectly captured our day and also for the time that Katie spent to make us both feel comfortable leading up to the wedding. We could not have been happier!

Nicole · Married on 08/19/2017

Katie was fabulous! We loved our experience and are so happy with our engagement and wedding photos!

Kathryn Hyslop Photography 15
    Kathryn Hyslop Photography 16

Tam · Married on 07/22/2017

Thank you Kathryn Hyslop Photography for capturing the moments of our special day. Katie is a true professional. I would highly recommend her for all your photographer needs. I've only worked with a few professionals that I am honestly satisfied throughout the whole services. From the first consultation, the contract (her contract is hilarious), the pre-wedding pictures, and the actual wedding day...Katie makes the whole process easy, natural, and time efficient. Her turn around time is so quick and her pictures are true artworks. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, I would suggest getting the free consultation with Kathryn Hyslop Photography. Her pricing is reasonable and she even provides free engagement photos with a wedding package! For the quality of her work, her service is a steal!

Jourdan · Married on 07/15/2017

We hired Katie really late in our wedding planning since our original photographer ended up not being about to work with us. She did an almost last minute engagement shoot with us and got them back to us fast enough to print through shutter fly get them shipped and framed to display at our wedding. Our wedding photos turned out AMAZING I can't even begin to say how happy I was with all of the special moments she captured for us! Not only did our pictures turn out amazing, but she was also SO great to work with, we honestly felt like we hired friend to do our photos instead of just someone we didn't know. She responded to every email so fast, helped with our timeline of the entire day, and also made photos go quickly because by the end of the ceremony we were ready to go party! She's awesome and we HIGHLY recommend her will be so happy you did!

Tim · Married on 06/24/2017

To say that Katie is a professional, and outright fantastic wedding photographer would be a complete understatement. From beginning to end, we had no complaints about Katie. In our first meeting, Katie really took the time to get to know us. She asked all of the questions, and even got us to think about some things that we had yet to consider. During our engagement shoot, Katie made us feel comfortable and relaxed in a public setting, even with other people watching. She did her best to encourage us and really got us to have some fun. The pictures from that shoot turned out amazingly. A few weeks prior to our wedding, we got back together with Katie to go over final details. She was always able to accommodate our schedules when it came to setting up meetings. When we thought of something later on, and would email her, she always got back to us in a timely manner. The day of our wedding went so smoothly, and most of that credit can be given to Katie. She took care of every moment, and made sure that we were happy and content. When it came time to sneak away for some shots, Katie made sure to check with us if it was a good time. In the end, everything turned out beautifully. Katie killed it, and we couldn't be happier with the final result from both our engagement shoot and wedding pictures. If we are ever in need of a professional, kind, caring, and all-around awesome photographer, we will be sure to hire her again!!!

Kristen · Married on 06/10/2017

Katie was absolutely amazing. She went above and beyond as a photographer, and the pictures are absolutely beautiful! My mom couldn't be there, and so Katie captured every moment for her and even stepped in when I needed my bustle done!

Kaitlin · Married on 05/27/2017

Katie was honestly the best vendor I had for my wedding, hands down!! She was amazing from the start! When taking our engagement photos, she really took the time to get to know our style, and for us to get to know hers! She made us feel so comfortable (which is awesome because my husband is very camera shy!). She was extremely organized, and would constantly send me emails, checking in on me to see if planning was going smoothly and asking if there was anything she could do to help! Meeting with her was so reassuring, and she made me feel so confident in her abilities. When it came time for the day of, she was very awesome at getting people organized for group photos, and making sure our timeline was going accordingly! I honestly cant say enough good things about her as a photographer, and as a person. I honestly feel that I not only had a great photographer, but I gained an amazing friend as well during this process. She was able to give us a preview in just a few hours of the wedding, and had all of our photos ready in just a few short weeks! Her skill level is through the roof, I was literally in awe when I saw our photos, and I cried! She captured the day beautifully, and the photos told a story that I will never forget. I cant wait to book her for more photo shoots in the future, and have been bragging to all my friends and family about her! She is truly the best.

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2016

I find it difficult to adequately express my gratitude towards Katie Hyslop. My husband and I are 100% satisfied and BLOWN AWAY by her quality of work, organization, and genuine care towards us as a couple. Katie takes the time to understand the dynamics of your relationship and ensures that she captures every moment you envision. We met with her on two different occasions to iron out wedding/photography plans and she was completely professional, it was truly a pleasure to be around her. She and I kept in touch via email and she always responded quickly and reassuringly (She helped me get through a few anxiety ridden bridal moments). I remember crying as I viewed our engagement photos and our wedding day photos. There's something truly special and magical when you can reflect on a photo and the emotions of that day sweep over you like a tremendous wave. Katie does that- she gives you the opportunity to remember every smile, touch, and feeling through her art. She is a wonderful human being- working with her is effortless and enjoyable. You need to reach out to her- like 5 minutes ago.

Caitlin · Married on 10/01/2016

Katie is absolutely amazing! She is so easy to work with and very accommodating the day of the wedding. She has a great eye for photography and I couldnt be happier with our wedding photos! I highly recommend Katie for your wedding or any special event!

Ashton · Married on 09/24/2016

We loved her, she was so nice and made us feel very comfortable during our wedding! Our pictures turned out very beautiful. I would differently recommend her to anyone who needs a photographer for their wedding!

Nicole · Married on 09/17/2016

It's not always about the lowest price when selecting vendors for your wedding. Finding someone that is reliable, responsive and creative is key! You can't have an amazing wedding without all of this!

Steven · Married on 09/04/2016

Katie is UNBELIEVABLE!!! My wife and I cannot say it enough, Katie truly captured our day with grace and ease. The pictures speak for themselves. In all honesty, I wasn't 100% sure how I felt about her when we made the decision but after the engagement session my doubts were gone. Her taste in lighting and ideas turned out to be absolutely breath taking and wouldn't have changed anything for the world. If you want an extremely professional and super personable photographer, Katie is your girl!!!

allie · Married on 09/03/2016

Katie single-handedly saved our wedding. We lived out of town, which is stressful enough, but we had so many things go wrong. The weekend we came to town for our engagement shoot I had to fire our wedding planner for forgetting our appointment and my hair trial went awful-after I paid for my hair they told me they were closed on our wedding date. On top of that the weather wasn't cooperating. Some how Katie was able to get amazing pictures through the bad weather and my bad mood. After seeing the engagement pictures I was excited about our wedding for the first time. I knew that if everything went wrong Katie would still get great pictures. So much more went wrong the weekend of the wedding, but we have great pictures. If we didn't find Katie the whole wedding would have been a failure.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Kathryn Hyslop Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Allie! I'm sorry you had some difficulties during your wedding, but I'm so happy that you love your images. I had so much fun working with you and Steve, and I wish you all the best!

Christina · Married on 08/27/2016

I am above and beyond happy with my decision to book Katie as our wedding photographer!! Katie is the most down to earth, easy going person and she is incredible at her job. During our engagement photos she made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable. She made the photo shoot so fun and enjoyable! We knew we made the right decision when we saw sneak previews of our engagement session. They were perfect and we knew how awesome she would be for our wedding. When it comes to our wedding photos, I simply cannot believe how beautiful they ALL are. I am so unbelievably impressed with every single picture she posted. Our family and friends have been raving about our photos for over a month now. My best friend & bridesmaid loved our pictures so much that she already booked Katie for her engagement & wedding pictures!! I highly recommend Katie! It was one of the best decisions we made for our big day!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Kathryn Hyslop Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Christina! I loved working with the two of you. I'm so grateful you chose me to capture your day!

Carly · Married on 08/06/2016

Katie was wonderful to work with! Not only were our engagement photos beautiful, but she was so flexible and so easy to work with. Katie helped us to feel very relaxed and gave great suggestions. She got our pictures back to us quickly and even gave us a preview of one of the edited photos that night! I would recommend Katie to anyone looking for photos with a romantic feel!

bianca · Married on 07/23/2016

Katie has my highest recommendation as a wedding photographer. She has a genuine love for what she does and her passion and dedication shines through her photographs. I spent many hours researching and comparing Pittsburgh wedding photographers so if you are in that stage, look no further because Katie is the BEST! She knows the business, was great at communicating, and provided really valuable recommendations of other vendors. The wedding timeline that she created for us was immensely helpful for our wedding day. Katie includes an engagement session in the wedding package and what we thought would be an awkward experience turned out to be easy and even fun! During our wedding, Katie captured all of the special candid moments, was organized and prepared for the family portraits so they went quickly, and ended the night with breathtaking, creative photos that are truly pieces of art. After our wedding, guests and wedding party members were raving about how sweet she was and how easy and comfortable she made everyone feel while being photographed. Katie went out of her way to add personal and special touches to the wedding experience and that has made all the difference. Finally, our photos were edited and sent to us promptly with an easy to use downloading and ordering process. Katie is truly an exceptional photographer and person!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Kathryn Hyslop Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much! Comments like these are why I do what I do!!!!