Kathleen Benjamin Reviews

Kathleen Benjamin 6
Kathleen Benjamin 7

Courtney · Married on 08/24/2019

Racquel is awesome!

I used Kathleen Benjamin for hair for myself, my bridal party, and my mother for my wedding day. Kathleen was not available for my date, but Racquel was, and she was absolutely spectacular! For my hair trial, I brought my hair accessory and she tried several different styles I had in mind so I could find a style that suited my face and my gown. I felt as though both Kathleen and Racquel understood my vision and had great suggestions for me. They suggested I get subtle highlights and a gloss before the big day, as I was using a braided style and the extra dimension would make the braid pop. They were exactly right!

About 2 weeks before my wedding, one of my bridesmaids had to drop out due to a medical issue. Kathleen was extremely understanding and didn't charge me for this bridesmaids hair, despite already signing the contract. That alone is a reason I'd work with Kathleen and her team again.

On the day of the wedding, Racquel arrived and was extremely professional. She rolled with the punches and worked well with my makeup artist. She even told me that she didn't think the trial was the best result, so she tweaked a few things to give me the volume I was requesting. My hair turned out perfectly and I got so many compliments! I would 100% recommend Kathleen and her artists for your big day.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Lorraine S. · Married on 08/18/2019

Absolutely amazing

Kathleen and her staff were amazing. My daughter felt so pampered on her wedding day. She made my granddaughters feel like little princesses. I loved my hair and makeup also. Thank you so much for a great beginning to a beautiful day.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you Loraine for taking the time to review us! It was truly an honor to be part of your big day!

Sharon S. · Married on 08/17/2019

Bat Mitzvah hair

We were able to get a stylist in my home for a 6:45am appointment for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah with just a few weeks notice. Tea was prompt, professional and ensured that my daughter and I were both happy with our styles. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/26/2019
    Kathleen Benjamin 8
    Kathleen Benjamin 9
    Kathleen Benjamin 10

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Yay! So happy your daughter and you liked our services and thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to review us and post some picture !

Kelsey Pine · Married on 08/09/2019

Exceeded my expectations!

From my initial trial through my wedding day, Kathleen did a wonderful job making sure everything was as stress-free as possible. I am very particular about my hair and she far exceeded my expectations! My bridesmaids and I all LOVED our hair! I am so happy to have worked
    with Kathleen and will be recommending her to everyone I know!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsey! It was an honor to work with you and your bridesmaids. We really appreciate you leaving us a review!
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding Hair - for the Bride!

My hair looked amazing from the start to finish of the wedding and into the after party! The ladies even helped my sisters and bridesmaids with both my veil and my flower clip, which was VERY helpful! I’d HIGHLY recommend Kathleen Benjamin On-Site- Hair & Make Up over and over again!

Sent on 08/20/2019
    Kathleen Benjamin 11
    Kathleen Benjamin 12
    Kathleen Benjamin 13

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Katelyn, we are so happy to hear how happy you were with our services! Thank you so much for having us be apart of your big day!

Elaine · Married on 06/20/2019

Flawless hair and makeup!

The artist was amazing! So easygoing she helped keep me calm on my wedding day. Hair and makeup were flawless! Pictures are beautiful. And very reasonably priced. I will definitely use them again for the next event I have!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you for sharing this review with us and the community, Elaine! We look forward to seeing you again!
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 06/07/2019

Quality Service for a great price!

Kathleen was extremely responsive during the planning process. Dani and Sara did our hair/makeup for the day of our wedding! Both women were personable, organized and allowed each member of the bridal party to be an active member of the getting ready process. They listened to feedback, offered suggestions and did an incredible job! I could not be happier with the way my hair/makeup turned out!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Felicia, we are so happy to hear you were pleased with your experience! Thank you so much for sharing this great review!

Julia · Married on 04/07/2019

Wonderful Hair and Makeup

Kathleen was easy to work with from day 1. During the hair/makeup trial she made me feel special and really listened to what I had to say. On the day of wedding we had a very early call time and each of her assistants was right on time. Kathleen provided 2 hair women and 2 makeup women (including herself). They were all so nice! My Bridesmaids all looked beautiful and I was extremely impressed. My hair and makeup (both done by Kathleen herself) were perfect and lasted all day. We got ready at my mom’s house and everything was very clean when they left. I would highly recommend Kathleen and her team for your future wedding or event.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!You and your bridal party were a joy to work with :-) I appreciate you taking the time to review us they are vital part of growing my business! Happy Wedding Year

Meghan · Married on 03/02/2019

Professional, talented, personable

Kathleen & her team were very professional, talented, and personable. It snowed the day of my wedding and they still showed up early! I loved how my hair turned out any my girls looked amazing as well!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you so much for leaving a review! It was a pleasure to work with you and your bridal party! We take pride in professionalism as well as timeliness.

Michelle · Married on 02/19/2019

Kathleen was all of the above! I had a lot of girls in my bridal party and we had an add on two weeks before which she was completely accommodating and did a fabulous job. She was a comforting presence on a hectic morning. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/01/2018
    Kathleen Benjamin 14
    Kathleen Benjamin 15
    Kathleen Benjamin 16
    Kathleen Benjamin 17
    Kathleen Benjamin 18
    Kathleen Benjamin 19

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Michelle, Thank you for your great review it was an honor to work with you and your bridal party on your special day.

Cecilia · Married on 01/19/2019

Favorite hair/makeup experience!

Kathleen was very responsive in setting up my appointment, with fairly short notice on my end. Ida was the artist for my wedding day and was really wonderful. I've had my hair and makeup done for previous weddings, but this was by far the best result! I was so happy with everything. Thank you!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to review and give your feedback, it helps the other Bride's when trying to decide which vendor to go with.
    Kathleen
  • Catherine

Catherine Best · Married on 12/15/2018

Highly recommend!

Kathleen and her team were so wonderful to work with. We had an open line of communication throughout the entire planning process. On the day of our wedding they were on time, upbeat and professional, listening to everyone’s suggestions about how they wanted their hair and makeup done. She even did my 2yo flower girls hair, and my husband hair! I wholeheartedly recommend her services and would use her again in a heartbeat. I can’t say enough how great she was!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind and wonderful review ! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your family and friends on your big day!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2018

amazing team of artists/stylists!

Kathleen and her team were wonderful! Very professional, communicative, and receptive to feedback after my trial. During my wedding day, they had notes from my trial and after, and adjusted until I loved everything about my look. My girls all also looked amazing, especially considering we had a variety of skin tones, hair color, and ages. Everyone's hair and makeup lasted through the entire night, and looked incredible in photos. They were able to accommodate 12 people easily, set up quickly, were on time, and packed up quickly. The whole team was really efficient and talented. So so glad I found Kathleen!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Sarah,
    Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review for us! It was a pleasure to work with you and your amazing bridal party on your Big Day!

Meg · Married on 10/12/2018

Couldn't ask for anyone better!

She was fantastic! Kathleen and her helper were wonderful on my special day. Both knew what they were doing.

Sent on 02/05/2019

Meg,
    Thank you for the super review we appreciate you taking the time to write it. It was a pleasure to work with you and your party!

Sara · Married on 09/15/2018

Kathleen was awesome! I would definitely recommend her. She is super sweet, and was able to accomplish the looks my bridal party and I wanted. I love how bright they were able to get my eyes to look.

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Kathleen Benjamin 20
    Kathleen Benjamin 21

Sara,
    Thank you for your kind words! Kiara and I loved working with you and your bridal party on your Big Day! We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

Pooja · Married on 09/08/2018

The team did a great job, arrived on time and was super responsive and professional the whole experience.

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Ashka

Ashka · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazingly efficient hair and makeup team!

Overall, I had a wonderful experience working with Kathleen and her team! As someone who doesn't wear a ton of makeup regularly, I was super nervous about choosing a hair and makeup team for my wedding. There's so much pressure on brides to look perfect (and the definition of "perfect" varies by individual!) and I was looking for a stress-free experience and a team that would be warm, thoughtful, patient, and accommodating, with an added bonus of having experience with Indian brides/weddings. Kathleen and her crew had it all! As I continue to look back at my wedding photos, I am so thankful to have found them because we all truly do look perfect.

After my first makeup trial, I knew Kathleen noticed that I wasn't 100% in love with my look. She also let me know soon after that there was a scheduling mishap and she had already committed to another bride on my wedding day. While this was stressful and disappointing initially, Kathleen made it her mission to make it all work for me, and then some! She had me come in for a second trial with a new hairstylist at no cost, and we were able to incorporate all of my hair & makeup feedback from the first trial to ensure that I had no reservations whatsoever. Our new hairstylist also had a ton of experience working with mothers of the bride/groom, and made my Mom feel relieved and comfortable with getting her hair done, which I cannot be more grateful for.

Kathleen paired me with a hairstylist and makeup team who were perfect for my needs - a total of 14 women needed hair and makeup done by 10am. Classic Indian wedding day drama! I actually had to add in a few aunts about 2 weeks prior to the wedding, and our one primary hair stylist was still able to accommodate with no concerns. We had backups assigned for hair and makeup if we needed it, but the team was able to get everyone looking fresh and beautiful within the time allotted! The fact that we were all ready on time and happy with our looks is an absolute feat, especially when in a bridal suite with many frantic Indian women running in and out, draping saris and jewelry on people, with hair and makeup running concurrently. I'd absolutely recommend Kathleen and her team to any NJ bride looking for a kind, reliable, and talented hair/makeup glam squad!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Carly · Married on 08/17/2018

Kathleen and her team were just fantastic. My hair and makeup were perfect for my wedding it stayed all night long and was flawless. I cant recommend them enough.

Sent on 09/04/2018

Giang · Married on 08/11/2018

Kathleen was amazing!!! During the hair/make-up trial, she was willing to help/work with me in getting what I wanted. On the day of the wedding, she knew exactly what to do with my hair and it was prefect. I didn't have to ask her to change anything. The make-up was amazing as well and it was done just how i envisioned. Thank you Kathleen.

Sent on 08/31/2018

laura · Married on 08/08/2018

amazing!!! very professional and very accommodating! came to the venue on time and had everyones hair and makeup done on time!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Kathleen Benjamin 22

Kristin · Married on 07/21/2018

Kathleen was a pleasure to work with and I was very pleased with how my hair and makeup turned out!

Sent on 08/04/2018
    Kathleen Benjamin 23
    Kathleen Benjamin 24

Alana · Married on 07/14/2018

Kathleen Benjamin and her team were wonderful on my wedding day. Kathleen is so easy to communicate with and her team of makeup artists and stylists are incredibly talented. The team who worked on my wedding day showed up promptly, were friendly, and they worked quickly yet that did not take away from the beautiful styles they created. All of my girls were extremely happy with their hair and makeup!!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Kathleen Benjamin 25
    Kathleen Benjamin 26

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you for your kind words it was such an honor to work with you and be part of your big day!

Liz · Married on 07/14/2018

Kathleen and her crew did an outstanding with my girls and I. Extremely friendly and professional!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Kathleen Benjamin's reply:

Thank you for the kind review it was an honor to be part of your big day! Looking forward to seeing you at the next wedding on 9/1.

Meredith · Married on 07/13/2018

Kathleen and her team were truly incredible! They were so efficient and calm during our getting ready process. Everyone loved their hair and make up! I felt beautiful and my hair and make up stayed all night. I am so so grateful to them!

Sent on 07/31/2018