Katherine's Confections LLC Reviews

Katherine's Confections LLC 1
  • Raphael

Raphael · Married on 11/03/2018

Best cake ever

Katherine’s cakes are amazing! The flavor is out of this world. My wife and I loved our wedding cake! My wife is a tad bit extra, but our cake came out amazing! The attention to detail was top notch! The cake was a show stopper! If you’re looking for the best cake possible, go see Katherine! Thank you for making our wedding cake amazing! We love you so much!

Laura · Married on 06/22/2018

Katherine was great! The cake looked exactly like what we wanted and it tasted amazing!

Katherine's Confections LLC 2

Sheila · Married on 06/09/2018

Katherine is so very talented. We scheduled a tasting with her and there were so many flavor options. The samples were moist and tasted amazing. She was so sweet and knowledgeable. I couldn't of asked for a better person to have provided my wedding cake and cupcakes. They looked amazing and tasted as they looked. Hands down the absolute best choice to use for your special day.

Kelly · Married on 12/16/2017

Hands down Katherines was the best choice for our sweets for our wedding day. To me she is local so it was nice being able to go to her office and handle any question or concern I had instead of trying to figure it out over the phone. The samples she gave us for our tasting were amazing even many days later when we had them after dinner so to me that says her cakes are made the right way. She is so creative and knew exactly what vision I had for my cake and I got to see all of her hard work on my wedding day.

Peyton · Married on 09/23/2017

Katherine is wonderfully talented! What delicious cakes! She was so easy to work with from the beginning. Our florist recommended that we meet with Katherine, and we immediately booked Katherine after our tasting with her. We ended up with three flavors (sour cream vanilla, red velvet, and almond) - all amazing! The day of our wedding, Katherine and her niece decorated the cake with fresh flowers from our florist - it was beautiful and exactly what we envisioned. We received several compliments from our guests on how delicious and pretty the cake was. THANK YOU! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Livia · Married on 08/19/2017

Her cake and cupcakes were absolutely adorable, and they taste even better than they look! We had Katherine make our cake look like tree stumps and she absolutely nailed our vision. She also put adorable little sunflowers on our cupcakes and did I mention that I've never had better cake before?!

Danielle · Married on 08/04/2017

Beautiful and delicious cake!!

Christine · Married on 06/24/2017

Our wedding cake from Katherine was absolutely fantastic! I met Katherine at the Wedding Expo and set up an official tasting with her after my sister and mom told me her samples at the expo were some of the best they had ever tasted. The tasting was so amazing it was hard to pick a flavor! Luckily we were able to choose multiple flavors and the end result was fantastic. Katherine was also able to make one of the layers maroon and orange (Go Hokies!).

Lesley · Married on 03/11/2017

Katherine made our wedding cake and it was absolutely amazing, it looked great and tasted great!

During our initial consultation, my husband and I enjoyed every second of the tasting and allowed us to sample every type of option available. Katherine also listened to our vision for the cake and the final product the day of was exactly what we wanted!

Katherine is so easy to work with and her cakes are the best!

Tiffani · Married on 01/14/2017

The best in the business! Our cake is still being talked about. She brought our vision to life and the cake was so good we ended up cutting our top layer.

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2016

I am so happy that we went with Katherine's Confections for our wedding cake. She was very accommodating and flexible with us and it was delicious!

Abby · Married on 10/01/2016

When my husband and I got engaged, we had no idea who we wanted to make our wedding cake, until my mom and I went to the Richmond Wedding Expo and had Katherine's cake. It had all of us talking about how delicious her little cupcakes were, and so perfectly moist!

So I quickly set up a time to meet with Katherine for a tasting with my mom and fiancé. She had so many cake flavors, icings and fillings to choose from, truly something for everyone, and they were all amazing. Jaw-dropingly good! It was so hard narrowing down flavors but we picked alternating layers of spice cake and vanilla for our fall wedding, and the design that Katherine came up with right off the bat was everything I had dreamed my wedding cake would be. I couldn't believe that it was coming true! And Katherine's pricing is so incredibly reasonable -- I was expecting what I wanted to cost 3x what it actually did, and we probably would have paid 3x what we did. She's THAT good!

Our expectations were far exceeded by Katherine's pure talent, and I cannot wait to eat the top tier of our cake on our 1 year anniversary! I will always recommend Katherine's Confections.

Christine · Married on 09/18/2016

Katherine was the best!!! She gives you such a wide selection of flavors of cake and icing/filling to choose from. She drew out our ideas for the design during our meeting and definitely nailed it with the finished product! I think it was a bit complicated but I loved how she executed it! I feel like she can really do anything with cake! She was so pleasant to work with. Also, the wedding cake was so delicious! Sometimes when you go the weddings, the cake is pretty but the flavor doesn't do it justice. Her cakes and buttercream icing are incredible and the cake itself is so moist! I would definitely recommend her!!!

Kristen · Married on 09/10/2016

Katherine was great during our cake selection! We fell in love with the variety during the cake tasting. We changed our cake design a couple of months before the wedding and she didn't skip a beat! The cake was so moist and flavorful. The icing and filling was to die for. The Cake itself was absolutely beautiful! We will be calling on Katherine again for future events!

• Alyson

Alyson · Married on 07/30/2016

Katherine is wonderful to work for and very talented in her creations not only in appearance but also in taste! My guests enjoyed the cupcakes and I am so happy we had some leftovers after our wedding to enjoy. The top tier will be saved for our first wedding anniversary and I am looking forward to cutting into it already. I will definitely recommend Katherine to any future bride (friend/family).

Morgan · Married on 07/08/2016

Katherine did such a fantastic job with our wedding cake! I was an out of town bride and she always made the time and effort to work with my availability. I changed the cake design a few weeks out and she was very helpful in giving additional options and opinions. The cake turned out exactly how I wanted it to look and it tasted amazing! I got numerous compliments on well the cake tasted from all of our guests. I was very pleased would highly recommend Katherine!
    Morgan M

Melanie · Married on 06/18/2016

Our cake from Katherine's Confections was awesome. It was so beautiful and really delicious. My husband, my dad, and I met with Katherine for the initial consultation and tasting. She spent time to go over designs for the cake, showing us examples and in the end sketching a picture for us. She was great at making my Dad feel included. She then provided us with probably 12 different flavors to sample and 4 or 5 fillings and sent us home with extras to sample again later to make out final decisions. Katherine was completely fine with us making our cake different flavors in different layers. We ended up deciding on almond, chocolate, and coconut lime for our three layers that were served at the wedding. All of the flavors were incredible. We picked chocolate coconut for our top layer and are excited to taste it on our anniversary.

Our cake was for 102 servings.

My wedding cake was my fairy tale and dream come true cake! It was amazing and beautiful and it was exactly what I wanted! Katherine was so nice and I loved working with her! The taste of the cake was amazing and the best cake I had ever tasted! I was so excited to see my cake! It was amazing!!! A true Cinderella fairy tale wedding cake!

Shanee · Married on 05/21/2016

Such a gorgeous 5-tiered cake, perfectly fit for a fairytale wedding! From the cake tasting, all the way down to the final decision making, Katherine made this process as smooth as possible! She truly took my vision and brought it to life, and not to mention it tastes just as good as it looks!

E · Married on 05/14/2016

I was extremely impresses with the quality and service of the Wedding Cake & Cupcakes that I was provided by Katherine's Confections. Not only were the cupcakes a completed hit (we had not a single cupcake left after the wedding & everyone raved about them) but the display and decorations were exactly how I imagined them to look. I would highly recommend using Katherine's Confections!

Marsha · Married on 04/23/2016

Katherine is the best! My wedding cake was beautiful and of course delicious! She has made cakes for me before and she always provides exceptional quality and professionalism. You will not be disappointed.

Curtis · Married on 01/01/2016

The cake was looked and tasted AWESOME. Katherine is extremely nice and she came up with a cake design that was exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend her to anyone looking

Ashley · Married on 12/05/2015

Katherine baked a beautiful five tier black, white and gold cake for my December 5, 2015 wedding. For our initial meeting Katherine had a vast array of cakes, icings and fillings for the tasting. She also gave us a hefty serving of samples to take home. The design process was a collaborative effort but it was mostly our ideas with her expertise on how to make it most attractive and efficient with regard to servings. We made some minor changes after the initial meeting with no push back. She was very patient and helpful. We saw the finished product on the big day and it was everything we wanted it to be. It was gorgeous on the outside and, moist and delicious on the inside. I took some leftovers to work that Tuesday and it was still moist. Even my co-workers were impressed. She was also the most reasonably priced of all the pastry chefs we'd spoken with. I highly recommend Katherines Confections!

Leigh · Married on 11/28/2015

Katherine is so friendly and kind! We really enjoyed the tasting. Everyone absolutely loved the delicious cupcakes!

Margaret · Married on 10/30/2015

My cake was custom made to fit my big day! She incorporated a very heavy wedding cake topper of my choosing and made it fit perfectly and beautifully! We ate a piece of our cake recently for our wedding anniversary and it was just as good as the day of!!! Highly recommended!!!