Katherine Van Acker Photography Reviews

Katherine Van Acker Photography 6
Katherine Van Acker Photography 7
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 12/02/2017

Katherine was great to work with. Captured many wonderful memories for my husband and I to share with our families. She will go above and beyond.

Taylor · Married on 11/04/2017

Katherine made us feel super comfortable and she was very professional. The pictures came out amazing and we couldn’t have asked for anything more

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2017

Katherine was a blessing. With all of my panic attack emails, her professionalism calmed me down. She was great at instructing and put a ton of effort into the photos I wanted. She brought a ton of comfort to my wedding day with her laugh and smile. I couldn’t ask for a better person to be following me around the whole day.

Andrea · Married on 10/07/2017

Katherine was amazing and was right there with me the during the whole process from planning to executing to follow up.... not to mention the pictures are fabulous! She instructed our wild family and tamed them enough to get beautiful shots! I 100% recommend

Sherrion · Married on 08/25/2017

Katherine is not only a photographer but also a friend. She were there for me every step of the way on my wedding day. She listens and blows all expectations out of the door. The pictures she captured were everything I wanted. Thanks Katherine for being professional, caring, understanding, and the sweetest person photographer! And thank you for going the extra mile!

Every bride is picky and wants the best for their wedding day (trust me I know). I’m happy I went with Katherine. She took the time out to meet me privately numerous times to know exactly what I wanted, that’s the kind of photographer you want. Looking forward to working with Katherine again in the future.

Tim · Married on 08/12/2017

Katherine was our photographer for our wedding this past August in Lake George. She was very helpful throughout the whole process. We also used Katherine for our engagement shoot. The pictures came out great! It really helped working with her before the wedding so we knew what to expect. On our wedding day she was awesome! She was always there capturing our most important moments. The wedding pictures also came out great! Choosing Katherine for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning. We would recommend her to anyone! ☺

Karen · Married on 07/07/2017

The second I met Katherine I KNEW that I picked the right photographer for our engagement photos and our wedding. She cared so much about what we wanted and asked us a ton of questions to make sure she got to know us as a couple. She wanted to know our personalities before even getting to what we wanted along the lines of photos. When the days came, everything so was so well organized: time lines, a list of candids we wanted, family portraits, where and when all the pictures were taking place. She made us feel secure in knowing that out of everything that could go wrong at a wedding, my photographer was definitely NOT going to be one! I had nothing to worry about. When we received our pictures from both events, they were stunning! She took her time and put her loving touch to each and every photo. She was very informative about striking different poses to bring out our best features. I want to get married again just be able to hire her! (I’m hoping to add more photos to my review later. I don’t have a lot on this device. 3 are from our engagement session)

Katherine Van Acker Photography 8
    Katherine Van Acker Photography 9
    Katherine Van Acker Photography 10

Meghan · Married on 06/24/2017

“Katherine was amazing to work with!! I was very impressed with how organized and professional she was during the entire process. I met with her week in advance to plan out the exact pictures we wanted, which was SO helpful, because by the time our wedding day came, I would have never remembered what exact pictures I wanted. Katherine was upbeat, positive and knows how to make you feel beautiful during the whole day. She was even able to deal with my (sometimes) grumpy husband, who is not a fan of pictures. Her turn around time on the pictures was faster than I could have ever expected, and we had a preview of photos to look at during our honeymoon. The amount and quality of pictures she presented was more than I could have anticipated. I highly recommend her for your wedding day! Thank you so much, Katherine!”

Bethanie · Married on 06/10/2017

Not only was Katherine extremely professional, she made me feel beyond comfortable from the start. Both the engagement and the wedding photos came out amazing, and I've been recommending her to everyone who needs a photographer.

Deanna · Married on 05/20/2017

Katherine is very professional and not afraid to take risks and think outside of the box. We were very pleased with our wedding photography!

Lindsey · Married on 10/15/2016

Katherine was fantastic to work with and really took the time to get to know me and my husband before out wedding and before our engagement photos. I couldn't be happier with the service and product that we received.

Sara · Married on 09/24/2016

Katherine was such a pleasure to work with. She was very professional, prompt and just a joy to work with. Our engagement and wedding pictures were just wonderful. She was very accommodating to our wishes and we had a great time working with her.

Marissa · Married on 08/06/2016

Working with Katherine was an absolute dream. She was so flexible, from following us all the way up to Schuylerville from Albany for our engagement shoot to allowing us to suggest a few shots spontaneously. By the time the big day came along, we felt like she was a part of the family. She understood what we were looking for and delivered big time. We were overjoyed when we finally got our photos back. Her photography captured so many special moments that we will be able to relive for years to come.

Alyssa · Married on 07/30/2016

Katherine was an excellent photographer for our wedding! She was so easy to work with and made our wedding day so fun with no stress. She met with me and my husband multiple times before our big day to go over everything we wanted right down to the little details. We were also able to text her with any questions or ideas we thought of. The pictures Katherine took of our wedding day were beautiful and ones we will cherish forever. If you are looking for a reliable wedding photographer who will provide excellent quality photos, is so fun and personable, and will make your wedding day stress free, Katherine is the photographer for you!

David & Crystal · Married on 07/23/2016

Everyone was very professional and helpful.

Debbie · Married on 07/16/2016

Katherine is the best! We selected her because of her years of experience and her professionalism. She started out as our photographer and ended as a special friend. She makes you feel relaxed while taking contol to be sure you have the best day ever! I couldn't imagine using anyone else for our photography needs.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/14/2016

Instantly felt comfortable she was always open for my ideas and also gave me new ideas! Loved having Katherine by our side.

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

My husband and I got married April 2016. I am laid back and can be disorganized right from the beginning Katherine was so helpful organizing the day and making sure we kept to a time schedule so everything would flow nicely. I can be tense and uncomfortable in pictures Katherine took two engagement shoots to assure I would be more comfortable on the day of the wedding. Katherine takes natural photos that do not look awkward and posed. Katherine was on time not just for the wedding but for every meeting we had schedule she is very punctual. I would recommend Katherine as your photographer to anyone.

Brittany · Married on 10/10/2015

Katherine and Veronica were THE BEST photographers! We could not have asked for a better duo on our wedding day!! Katherine met with us a few weeks before the wedding and thoroughly went over all the shots that we wanted to have on our day. On the day of the wedding Katherine arrived early to my hotel room to set up while Veronica went to my husband's location to take shots of the guys getting ready. Both were a pleasure to work with and made sure all the shots that we wanted were taken. Katherine even helped with my dress while getting ready! She definitely went the extra mile - above and beyond just taking photos!! They are very friendly and professional. We went to a total of six locations, one of which Katherine suggested - it turned out to be such a fantastic location that we never would have known about! The photos are absolutely amazing and we were honestly blown away by the pictures they were able to take. We had so many fantastic candids of our guests that we were able to mail one to almost each one of them in our thank-you cards! We recieve compliments all the time regarding Katherine and Veronica's work.

Please do not hesitate to book Katherine and Veronica for your wedding/events. I cannot stress enough that the whole experience, beginning to end, was fantastic. We are still blown away at how amazing our photos turned out and We highly recommend these two!

WOW!!! Katherine, Veronica, and Leslie were absolutely amazing to work with. From the second we decided to use photography & videography through Cool Cat, we were thrilled. Katherine was immediately in touch with us to start planning and to schedule our engagement session. The engagement shoot was amazing, and we were able to send out our Save the Dates with the great pictures Katherine captured. Throughout the planning process both Katherine and Leslie were so patient with us. Katherine had multiple planning meetings with us, and helped us with our plans even though we changed our minds various times. Katherine was overall very helpful, and even answered questions that weren't photography related. Leslie was so laid back throughout the planning process, and went with the flow with all of our plans. Once our big day finally arrived, I couldn't have been happier with our team. They helped keep everything moving smoothly throughout the day. (Even with the girls running an hour late due to hair/makeup issues!!). Katherine, Veronica, and Leslie were always there during the important moments. There was never a point in the day where I was wondering where they were. Not too long after the wedding day.... we received our SNEAK PEEK!!!! We were absolutely THRILLED with every single image. We have had nothing but compliments on our wedding photos and video. Thank you SO much - Katherine, Leslie & Veronica!!! We love all of you. :)

Elizabeth · Married on 06/26/2015

We were having our wedding in Lake George but are not from the area. We decided to start looking for vendors online, and happened to come across "Events by Cool Cat" first. To be honest, after we went to their site, we never looked at another. We were so impressed with there site, it's organization & ease of use, and all that they had to offer, that we knew Cool Cat was who we wanted to do our wedding.

We used quite a few of their services, including their photography. When we meet with our photographer Jenna, we immediately felt connected. It was so clear that she loves what she does, and her work is amazing. She is so easy to talk with and her planning is meticulous. As others have written, she really was more than our photographer; she was a huge part of our wedding and by the end, a friend.

We got the link to our pictures, and immediately I started crying. She captured every emotion, moment, and nuance, and did it perfectly. It was such a busy evening that there were things we hadn't even seen, but Jenna and her team captured them all for us so that we didn't miss a moment. So often,I didn't even notice she was near, but she got every moment.

I can't recommend Photography by Cool Cat highly enough; you will be pleased, amazed and touched by their work and their dedication. The entire organization is 5 star.

Katie · Married on 03/06/2015

My husband and I fell in love with the staff at Cool Cat when we met with them regarding DJ services, which we also used for our wedding. So, when we were told that they did photography too, it was a no-brainer to use Cool Cat as our wedding photographer! We worked with Jenna, Larissa, and Steven, and we cannot say enough amazing things about them! Jenna was our lead photographer, and she was more than just our photographer, she was a friend throughout our whole planning process. She is not only an extremely talented photographer, but she is also very outgoing, organized, friendly, and overall, an awesome person. She was very creative with the angles of the shots that she was taking, while at the same time not at all being intrusive. We didn't even realize that our photographers were there because they were such passive participants while still capturing the countless amazing moments that from our wedding day. All of our photographers were punctual and really kept our wedding day timeline in check all day and night, which is the so unheard of when it comes to weddings! We just got our photographs bac

Christine · Married on 11/22/2014

Katherine and Hannah did an amazing job on our engagement and wedding photos. Funny professional and fun at the same time. TONS of pictures for the price. Well worth every penny. Will continue to work with them in the future!!!

Cassandra · Married on 11/01/2014

My pictures came out amazing! she and her other photographer did an amazing job. You have a great eye for capturing fabulous moments.

Rhiannon · Married on 10/19/2014

I can't speak highly enough of Cool Cat. I reviewed them for their DJ services as well. Along with DJing we used them for our wedding videography. The 3 minute "highlight" reel they sent us perfectly caught and described the feel of our wedding in only 3 minutes! Leslie was our videographer and was wonderful. He worked with our photographer Paul Saunders like they were old friends (they might be, who knows!) What's most noteworthy is you barely noticed he was there. There weren't any obnoxious lights or "oh look theres the camera" moments. He was like a fly on the wall just capturing every moment. I HIGHLY recommend him and Cool Cat for any events you might be planning.