Kat Ma Photography Reviews

Kat Ma Photography 5
Kat Ma Photography 6
Kat Ma Photography 7

Vicki · Married on 02/18/2017

We hired Kat for our wedding earlier this year in February. I actually was recommended to Kat by another photographer who was already booked for my date. And I'm glad we booked Kat because her prices were within our budget, her portfolio looked fantastic and she seemed like a true professional. Communication was easy and very quick! We also were able to have a quick two hour engagement session included in our contract. The final weeks leading up to the big day was a bit hectic. We had a few conflicts with the timeline but eventually between Kat, my coordinator and I, we were able to pull everything together. On my actual wedding day, Kat was able to capture all the shots needed in the morning ahead of my timeline scheduled! We had scheduled Kat to take a lot of pictures - family photos, same-day photos, table visits, money dance. She did all of this with a breeze! Initially, my coordinator didn't think we had enough time to take table photos since we had around 20 tables so we only choose a few tables to take pictures. The table visits went so fast we decided to do the rest of our guestlist and we STILL had time left over and had time to actually enjoy our food. Overall, the pictures turned out great! We received all our photos for download within two months. We had so many favorite photos we weren't able to limit ourselves. The photo albums that Kat made for us were beautiful. Highly recommend Kat and her team!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Nenh · Married on 01/07/2017

Kat Ma and her team were AMAZING!!!! Their work definitely surpassed our expectation. They were on time and ready to go! They performed everything that we asked for and did it efficiently. We received our final product earlier than expected and it was outstanding.

Kat Ma is so easy and fun to work with. She has a great sense of humor. She makes you feel relax and comfortable during the shoot. Her communication is great and responds promptly through emails/texts/calls.

We couldn't have found a better photography for one of the most important days of our lives!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kathryn · Married on 12/03/2016

Kat Ma was a dream to work with. She photographed our engagement photos and wedding--both sets came out beautiful. She and her team made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process, from reviewing packages to day-of execution. My husband and I are so pleased with our digital photos and albums, all of which we'll cherish forever. She truly has a gift of capturing a moments and feelings in her work.

Sent on 09/29/2017
    Kat Ma Photography 8
    Kat Ma Photography 9
    Kat Ma Photography 10
    Kat Ma Photography 11
  • Shirley

Shirley · Married on 10/22/2016

Kat was extremely personable, professional, and flexible- everything you could ask for in a photographer. Not only did she provide an excellent service, she gave me suggestions and feedback about the entire wedding process, not just in photography. Thank you for the top notch service! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Steve · Married on 10/15/2016

Kat and her crew was a blast to work with. Our engagement and wedding day photos came out great. The colors and lighting was perfect and she did a great job of catching the moment and was able to tell a story with her photos. I would definitely used her services for future projects.

Sent on 01/25/2017

steve · Married on 10/15/2016

My wife and I enjoyed working with Kat. She was honest and fun to work with. She captured all the wonderful moments from our wedding and we will cherish those photos forever. Thanks Kat!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Amy · Married on 09/24/2016

We cannot say enough about Kat and the great job she did for our engagement pictures, wedding pictures and wedding album. We already had high hopes as we saw her amazing work and she not only met but exceeded our expectations. She was great to work with and we absolutely love how our pictures turned out and hope to refer her to all our friends who may ever need an amazing wedding photographer or photography in general.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Corinne · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband found Kat on WeddingWire when we were shopping around for our wedding photographer. I immediately called after seeing her pictures and knew right away we had to book. Not only is Kat responsive, great at giving direction, always on time, fast to get photos back to you, extremely talented, but her honesty and personality is what also sets her apart. Kat knows what she wants from the photos and knows how to direct you to get the perfect shot. Kat is by far one of the best photographers I have ever worked with (I am in the wedding industry)! Not only is Kat incredible, but her team is consistent in providing top quality service and work. I always refer Kat to friends and clients because I know they will be in great hands and absolutely love their photos! I've not only found a lifelong photographer, but also a friend!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Sally · Married on 09/01/2016

Kat was a great photographer - I could seriously not be any happier with our wedding pictures. She was quick to respond, and really easy-going. Kat knows what she is doing, and does a great job suggesting poses/locations for all photos. I would definitely recommend Kat to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Kalindi · Married on 08/21/2016

Kat is an amazing photographer and a pleasure to work with. My husband and I really loved the photos from our engagement session and wedding day. Kat gave really valuable advice about our wedding timeline and captured everything we wanted and more. She is professional, passionate about her craft and communicated in a very timely manner. You will not be disappointed if you hire her. I have also had three friends book with her and have thanked me tremendously because of the highly positive experiences they had as well.

Sent on 01/10/2017

judy · Married on 07/23/2016

Kat is THE BEST photographer! I was extremely thorough on finding an amazing photographer for my wedding because I will never have that day back again. Kat is very professional, punctual, and just a good human being in general. She has done hundreds of weddings (not sure if this is fact but seems like it) and understands how to capture all the best and fun moments of your big day. She suggested our engagement photo session at Fort Point and almost a year later, I still hear about how amazing our photos came out. She can be as directive as you want or she can take a back seat and let you lead. She is soooo flexible and will cater her services to your needs! Out of all the photographers I interviewed, she was not the least expensive nor the most. I would say her packages are more than fair. She is SUPER responsive to texts and emails (i am not a caller) and always shows up early to sessions. During my wedding day, she called me a couple weeks ahead so we can map out a timeline of the day so she does not miss a moment to capture. This process was a breath of fresh air and on the big day, there was no last min scramble. Also on my wedding day, I was freaking out because I forgot to write my husband a letter. My bridesmaids were busy getting ready and drinking but Kat quickly took control of my freakout and got people to find me a pen and paper to write the letter! She totally had my back during my big day and that meant the world to me. I have seen unorganized photographers before and trust me, they miss A LOT. If you do not want this to happen to you, you definitely need to go with Kat. I will be using her on ALL my big life moments - hopefully a maternity shoot soon!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Laura · Married on 07/22/2016

You invest so much time and money on a day you hope will be the happiest day of your life. A day that might take years to plan and save for and it passes you at the blink of an eye. I knew that photography would be one of the biggest decisions we would have to make because we wanted to capture as much as possible on our big day and we could not have made a better decision then Kat Ma. From the start she was very responsive and answered our many questions. This was a bonus on top of the fact that we just loved her work that we saw. Mind you, my now Husband and I aren't great picture takers, we really don't know how to pose or what to do with ourselves but from the engagement shoot to the wedding, she directed us, made us laugh and made us feel relaxed. In turn, our pictures turned out beautiful. She not only captured our moments and the love we felt but she succeeded in capturing our friends and family sharing these moments with us. So again all the money and time spent on this day, we couldn't be happier to have the photos we have to remind us of the happiest day of our lives. We'll be back for family photos! Book her, you won't regret it. You'll only regret it if you don't.

Sent on 01/06/2017

Crystal · Married on 07/03/2016

Kat Ma was literally the best decision for our wedding! Here's why:
    - Initial Contact: I emailed Kat and got a response immediately. We exchanged about 4 emails within the first few hours, and she even answered about 15 questions I had with specific answers and concrete details.
    - Communication: Truly unparalleled. You just don't see this anywhere in the industry. Whether it was through texting, phone call, or emails, her response time rarely went beyond a day, and often was within the hour despite her busy schedule. And it wasn't just the frequency of her communication, but it was also the quality of her answers, as she rarely beats around the bush and gives direct, useful answers. We knew exactly where she stood on every subject we brought up.
    - Engagement Session: This is where we first met with Kat in person, and got to enjoy her personality. She is prone to making jokes and laughing loud throughout the photo-session and really finds a way for us to be in a pressure free, natural environment. And for two people who don't consider themselves photogenic, that is a phenomenal quality. She offered great ideas, and was willing to work with our suggestions.
    - Wedding Day: She was early on our wedding day. And even when things seemed to be delayed from our timeline, she worked hard to push things up to speed and go back on schedule. Her direction was very much necessary for us, since we did not have a day of coordinator. So in a sense, she WAS our day of coordinator. She and her 2nd photographer took pictures of everyone we at least wanted a picture of, as well as caught many candid moments.
    - After wedding day: Her turnaround time was insane, as we got a photoblog within a week of our wedding! And downloadable photos shortly after that. Unheard of!
    - Final Product: The quality of her photos surpassed our expectations and we looked at each other, and agreed that she literally was the best decision we made all wedding process!

Sent on 11/07/2016
  • W

Wes · Married on 05/28/2016

My advice to anyone deciding whether or not to book Kat Ma for photography is that you should ABSOLUTELY do it! When we got our wedding pictures back I was stunned. I always assumed our pictures would be good but these were so much more than "good" or even "excellent" they were above any expectations I had. She was able to capture the light, the mood, peoples reactions... Every picture brought our wedding back to life in a way I previously assumed only a videographer could do. Kats photos had me crying with tears of pure joy. Her work of our wedding made me not only happy but absolutely grateful we hired her. Grateful in the way that even though you payed you feel guilty somehow, like you ripped them off because what they delivered was just that good. Not even videos of the nights events were able to capture what Kat did. I work in a profession that deals with artists, fashion and editorial. I have worked with a lot of great photographers. Kat blew them all out of the water. Way, WAY out on the water! I'm glad I let my husband take the reigns and hire her because he was right when he said she was the best.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Christina · Married on 05/08/2016

Kathy was great. Really down to earth and easy to talk to. She was very quick to reply to my messages. And most importantly our pictures turned out amazing! I cried when I first saw them. If we did it all over again, we would definitely still choose Kathy for our wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Herine · Married on 05/07/2016

Kat is amazing! When it was our turn to walk down the aisle, we did not hesitate to give Kat a ring. My husband is a wedding photographer as well so we were very picky. Her work speaks for itself. Literally the day we booked our venue we booked with her. She is responsive, attentive, hilarious and handled everything like a boss. She was not JUST our photographer, she brought her special oomph that we'll always remember when we think back to our special day. Book her!

Sent on 11/03/2016
  • W

Wilton · Married on 04/19/2016

When I posted on facebook for a photographer, Kat's name was mentioned by several of my friends. She was amazing and extremely flexible with scheduling me and my team in to her studio for a quick business portrait photo shoot. She was patient and had us feeling at ease with the process (some people aren't used to being behind the camera!). She was creative with various poses and leveraged different types of lighting. She is a true expert of the her craft.

I would highly recommend Kat. She is a true pro, flexible, and extremely reasonable with her pricing!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Muey · Married on 12/05/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Kat Ma for our engagement photoshoot this past summer. She's very professional with a fun and outgoing personality, so we had a great time creating the pictures we wanted. She definitely has an eye for photography. Many poses which we never thought of, turned out to be the best ones. I highly recommend Katma Photography and I'm looking forward to more photo sessions with her. Thanks Kat!!

Sent on 01/21/2016

Genevieve · Married on 10/16/2015

I was referred to Kat Ma by my dear friend who used her photography services for her wedding about a year ago. I met with Kat Ma at a local Starbucks and we chatted about what I was looking for in a wedding photographer. She took the time to get to know me and took the time to create a comfortable, trusting relationship. By the end of our meeting I was amazed! I walked away with not only a professional and well-rounded photographer but a coordinator, planner and new friend. She helped me with my wedding timeline and was very open about giving me feedback on helping make my big day run smoothly.

Kat Ma took care of my entrance photos and thank you cards by handing each of my guests a card for an instant online gallery. I heard a lot of wonderful feedback and my friends and family were very impressed with how efficient she and her crew were even with a group of 300+ guests.

I received my photos 2 weeks after our special day. Kat Ma captured everything from the small details of my dress to the beautiful candid photos of my parents. She and her assistant didn't miss a beat. They helped capture my wedding day with professionalism, beauty and grace.

A picture really is worth a thousand words. Thank you Kat Ma!

Candy · Married on 10/03/2015

We had the pleasure of having Kat as our wedding photographer for our destination wedding in New Orleans. We selected Kat because of her stunning photos and ability to capture the emotions of her subjects. We also hate posing for photos (namely because we're bad at it) and asked for more candids. She managed to not only capture the beauty and character of each individual, her photos never lost sight of the beauty of New Orleans.

We had a hectic wedding with 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, 3 destinations and a 20 minute second line parade. Kat and her assistant Dorothy were rockstars. They were constantly chasing our enormous wedding party as we jumped from location to location, with a drunken bride and groom running through a parade of 80 people. The whole wedding was like herding cats and she managed to get everyone in place and on a timeline as to not only be cautious of photo time, but for our actual event so we didn't miss our own wedding. She is funny, stern, fiesty and exactly what our crowd needed. She even ironed our groom and groomsman's shirts to ensure we had the perfect photo. (Talk about going above and beyond!)

New Orleans weddings are notoriously difficult to photograph given the narrow streets and tall buildings. She miraculously captured Jackson Square in its beauty and her pictures caught the proper lighting in our tiny bar on Frenchmen Street. Her photos captured the feeling, the love and the fun that we all felt that day and we couldn't have been more thrilled with, not just her work, but her personality as well. Thank you Kat (and Dorothy!) for being amazing photographers and making everything worry free for us.

Stanley · Married on 09/26/2015

Kat Ma is AMAZING!!! She's super personal/friendly and easy to work with but remains professional when needed (gave us so many tips). It felt like she was part of the wedding, rather than working for the wedding. She helped us through out the day and we had a such a fun time working with her. The pictures were perfect and the albums she gave us are TOP notch compared to many others. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Kat was super responsive with any concerns we had throughout the process of planning the wedding. She kept our spirits high throughout the day, and it was a long day! She knew parents would want photos of us with their friends and made sure to get lots of shots with everyone at the reception and ceremony. I just wished there were more portraits of the two of us to frame. Overall, had a really good experience with her pre-wedding planning, during the day, and after wrapping up photo edits. She's good at what she does and we'll be having her shoot future occasions.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Kat and her team was phenomenal on our wedding day! We also had an extremely fun engagement photo session prior to our wedding day. We had a traditional Vietnamese style wedding that included a Tea Ceremony, a Wedding (Church) Ceremony and the Dinner Banquet. With over 200 guests attending the morning festivities, Kat and her team was able to not only capture "the beginning moments" but all aspects of how we all got ready and prepared for the introduction. Both my husband and I look back and can reflect and see all of our guests shared laughter and joy on our special day. With over 400 guests at the dinner banquet, almost at restaurant capacity, Kat was able to maneuver through the crowd - the photos captured were unbelievable!
    Never a dull moment. Kat and her team were very accommodating even when we're steering off schedule and itinerary, and always in the perfect position to capture the moment without being in the way. Kat brings that level of professionalism and experience you want in a photographer and her very upbeat personality makes its a FUN experience - you won't feel like someone is directing you, but more like someone who's known you for quite sometime and want to be there! We've recommended Kat and her team to plenty of our friends as its that age to get hitched! Some of our friends that were married before our wedding day had Kat as their photographer only have wonderful things to say about her work! Special thanks to Kat and her team for capturing memorable moments on our special day!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Kim · Married on 08/08/2015

Kat shot a close friend wedding. So when it was my turn, I knew who I wanted. I didn't even look anywhere else. Kat and her team did a great job with our engagement shoot and wedding day. Our pictures turned out beautifully with so many compliments. The plus side is Kat made everything so easy. I've been a bridesmaid to a few weddings. And sometimes the photographers can be bossy, demanding, and mean. But with Kat it was so easy and fun and the day just flew by. I can't wait til we can use her again. I'm sure I'll make an excuse and have another photo shoot with the phenomenal Kat Ma.

Paola · Married on 07/18/2015

Kat was recommended to me by a friend who is from the Bay Area. She was very responsive in the months and days leading up to the wedding, which is especially crucial when you're planning a wedding from 3,000+ miles away. Bay Area wedding vendors also tend to be really pricey, but I thought her rates were very reasonable.

On the big day, she was very professional and helped move things along smoothly. I give her huge props for this, because photographing our large family is like herding cats. We expressed to her that we wanted to capture photos of us and our guests enjoying the night. More candids, less photos of our flowers and centerpieces. She did exactly this, and the photos came out amazing. Even the portraits turned out to be a perfect blend of beautiful and hilarious. It's only been a few months since the wedding, but we still have a blast going through the photos and reminiscing. We got so many compliments from people about the photos. I just had a coworker tell me that my Facebook profile photo (one of the photos Kat took) looks like a magazine cover.

I highly recommend Kat! She also does engagement photos, which I totally would've taken her up on if we lived in the Bay Area.

Sent on 11/20/2015