Kat Ma Photography Reviews

Kat Ma Photography 7
  • Jeanette

Jeanette Phan · Getting married on 11/05/2019

A Dream To Work With

Kat was recommended to us, a long with a few others, but after chatting with each of them, Kat was the obvious choice. She's hilarious and super easy to work with.

From the initial inquiry to after the wedding day, she was always quick to get back to us. On the day of, she brought her crew, and they were great. I loved that Tam loved my dog. Her intern was super sweet. She was hilarious and rolled with the punches, which made the awkwardness of being photographed less weird.

We loved our engagement photos and what we've seen so far from our sneak peeks. We have no doubts the rest of the wedding photos will turn out amazing. She's great at what she does and she is quick! We got sneak peeks just a few days after our wedding day!

Just look at the amazing work she's done on Instagram and give her a call if you're in need of a photographer. We rave about her to everyone we know!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Markaley

Markaley Georg · Married on 06/14/2019

The Best Decision

In summary-- You will love Kat Ma and the team! We have zero regrets about our wedding photography; we have so many photographs we will always love and cherish (and we’ve only gotten our “sneak peek”)!!

The process and planning-- Kat Ma and the team were truly wonderful to work with. Kat is very responsive to emails and has found a perfect balance between being professional while still being approachable and friendly. The planning process was smooth and simple, beginning to end. Kat did the most amazing job of offering suggestions and opinions but also taking the time to listen to our thoughts and ideas.

As for the actual photography part-- My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera. We like to be silly and a little bit weird! Kat embraced our personalities and encouraged us to be ourselves. For some shots, Kat told us exactly what to do- where to put our hands, smiling?, serious?, turn this way or that. For other shots, we acted as we normally would. Regardless of that, all the photographs looked perfectly natural and comfortable. We knew Kat (and Tam at the wedding) were going to be incredible photographers, but we were still amazed by how beautiful the photographs are. Kat is also extremely efficient and organized! She gets those giant family photos done like nobody’s business!! Bonus—we got over a hundred photographs from them the very next morning after our wedding!

Kat creates stunning photographs, and we would recommend Kat Ma photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Kat Ma Photography 17
    Kat Ma Photography 18

Lena Nguyen · Married on 04/06/2019

Talented and bad ass

We're so glad we found Kat. We were referred to her by several different friends and when we saw her work on her website, we knew she was the one. Working with her was probably the easiest part of wedding planning. She was quick to reply to our emails and made time to have phone meetings to discuss ideas and recommendations. She is a very talented, experienced, and humble photographer. We told her we wanted to include our dogs in the wedding photos, and being a fellow dog fanatic herself, she was all ears. Her team is amazing to work with also. They had us and our bridal party laughing the whole day. Working with them was so much fun. The day of the wedding, she tried her best to make sure we were comfortable. She was not afraid to take charge or lend a hand if needed. Her talented work is indescribable. She captured moments I could only dream of. We are so in love with our photos and our experience working with her. Her photos are a joyous reminder of the fun and excitement we had on our wedding day and we could not thank her enough!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Kat Ma Photography 23
  • Hong-An

Hong-An Dinh · Married on 03/02/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Kat and her team are the best! They were so fun and easy to work with. Throughout the whole process, Kat was super responsive with communicating and we really appreciated that. She was very accommodating and professional. Kat helped me so much on my wedding day and I am so grateful for her! My husband and I are so happy with the photos that Kat and her team captured. We can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/11/2019

deanna · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly Recommend

Finding a photography is always hard! While browsing through Instagram, a friend posted a picture of engagement photos. I clicked to see who it was and the rest were history. Kat's pictures we're all amazing and it was definitely the vibe I wanted.

I immediately contacted her and she was quick to response. She was super funny and friendly and even provided a reasonable price for my wedding package. She was very flexible in what I wanted and wanted to ensure I was happy with everything.

On the day of the wedding, her team was quick and efficient. They we're able to capture every moment so quickly, that we had extra time to take pictures with family and friends.

I would definitely recommend Kat and her team if they are in need of a wedding photographer! Hands down the best :)

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Y

Yie Peng · Married on 10/20/2018

Yaaaasss to Kat Ma Photography!

YOU GUYS! Kat Ma Photography is the bomb.com for real! It was such a pleasure working with Kat. When I first got engaged, she was actually the first vendor I contacted because I knew I needed her lol. As a new future bride, I didn't know what to expect in planning a wedding. Kat not only answered all my questions, she gave me really good advice about other areas of wedding planning outside of her services which was so helpful. Kat is super responsive and quick. I can literally blink a couple of times after sending her an email and I'll see a response in my inbox.

My husband and I are very awkward and goofy so we were nervous of how we'd look in the pictures (hella derp lol). Kat made us feel so comfortable and it was so much fun! She gave us the direction we needed and we couldn't be happier with the photos. We had several follow-up phone meetings to go over the wedding day timeline and again, Kat gave me advice on things I wouldn't have even thought about considering when finalizing the schedule.

The big day arrived! Kat was on time and she went to work! I had 8 bridesmaids so you can only imagine the chaos that was happening in the hotel room. Took some awesome pictures and headed to the church where we met our second shooter, Tam. He was also very nice! Took some more awesome pictures after the ceremony then we headed to our next location for wedding party photos. 8 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, me, and my husband so a party of 16. As organized and attentive we all tried to be, with that many bodies, it can be hard but Kat was really good at keeping us on time and focused, of course having fun all at the same time!

At the reception, Kat and Tam were so helpful. We had a table to table toast in our timeline (25 tables) and I didn't want to allocate too much time to that and Kat kept us on schedule so I had more time to dance! She and Tam were like ninjas because they were never in the way but still able to capture awesome moments. My husband and I, and everyone else, loved how the photos turned out! Exceeded our expectations, no doubt!

I never doubted my choice in choosing Kat and her team. How can you pass up on an awesome, skilled team who also love puppies and boba as much as I do?! THANK YOU, KAT MA PHOTOGRAPHY!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing photographer!

I don’t even know where to begin with Kat. From the very first phone call I already knew we would get along- we talked as if we were friends for years! It was so organic that I automatically had no worries about how our e shoot and wedding day would turn out.

It’s obvious she’s done her fair share of events as she knew exactly what to expect and how to organized everything. She had no problem suggesting places for our e shoot and ultimately just had a fun time around the city.

Before our wedding day she helped set up our timeline which we used also for the videographer and my day of coordinator.

Day of went as planned. My husband and his groomsmen loved working with Tam(her #2 photographer). He too was so easy to get along with. I forgot to make a call list for family pictures after the ceremony and we only had 15mins to get the pictures done. She was a machine- so organized getting people in and out of the pictures even my family was amazed at how fast it went.

We have received our pictures in a timely manner and love them so much!! I can’t thank Kat and Tam enough for being so easy to work with. Miss you guys!!

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Kat Ma Photography 24
    Kat Ma Photography 25
    Kat Ma Photography 26
    Kat Ma Photography 27

Mimi · Married on 07/07/2018

Beyond Fantastic

I don’t know where to start because KatMa Photography was amazing and far exceeds our expectations. To start, Kat is beyond amazing and is extremely easy to work with, she cuts all the fluff and gets straight to business. She is attentive, detailed-oriented, and on top of her craft. She will work with you on wedding timeline, styles, and shots for your wedding.

We had the pleasure of working with Kat and Ryan on our wedding day and they were spectacular.

If you have a big Asian family, Kat knows exactly how to deal with them and get all of the shots that you need. Kat is great at communicating with her clients and meeting the clients expectations. Tell Kat what photos and styles you want for your special day and Kat will make it happen.

We had a crazy fun group for our wedding party and Kat made our photos come to live and captured our essence. Lag and Ryan captured very precious moments and moments that we missed since our wedding day was so crazy. We get to relive our wedding day through the beautiful photos that they so carefully snapped. We couldn't have been happier with another photographer and highly recommend KatMa Photography.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Mina · Married on 05/18/2018

Kat is amazing.

My friend referred me to Kat for my wedding photographer and I am eternally grateful for her. From the first moment I spoke with Kat, I knew she was the photographer for us. My now-husband is not too comfortable in front of the camera and reminiscent of Chandler when he takes engagement pictures with Monica (sorry Husband, threw you under the bus there), and Kat is so funny and personable that he loved taking photos with her. For our engagement shoot, we brought along our terror of a dog, and Kat was not only was patient with her, but she got some great pictures with her too! (And special thanks to Dorothy for entertaining Navi and for making our engagement shoot so fun!)

All my bridesmaids raved about how awesome Kat was on the wedding day, and our wedding planner noted how great she was as well. Kat is extremely creative and thinks of wonderful ideas on the fly, which makes shooting really fun with her! We had a destination wedding in Kauai, Hawaii, and I cannot wait to see all the pictures!

I was really sad when our wedding was over because it meant that I wouldn’t be able to hang out with Kat soon. :( I really cannot say how much I loved working with Kat, she is AMAZING and you should book her ASAP for your wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Linda · Married on 03/17/2018

Kat Ma Photography is simply amazing! Kat and her team are professionals but they also have cool and laid back personalities. My husband and I hired her and her team for our engagement session and whole day wedding ceremony/reception. Her prices are affordable in comparison to many of the photographers in the Bay Area, but that doesn't mean the quality suffers. These guys can make the most awkward-looking couple look amazing in photos. I cannot tell you how many compliments we had on our wedding photos! I didn't have a wedding planner or coordinator, but Kat made sure the day went smoothly. She helped us with our timeline and made sure we stuck to it. Kat is also very responsive through email/text/phone and checked in on us regularly throughout our wedding planning.

Simply put, you can't go wrong with Kat Ma Photography!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Melissa · Married on 01/27/2018

Kat is an amazing photographer! She did my friend's wedding in November 2016 and made the day so much fun, on top of taking great photos. When I got engaged, there was no question about who we'd choose as our photographer! Kat captured all of the really special moments on our wedding day and kept us laughing. I love how our photos turned out and our family and friends love them them too!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Ana · Married on 12/16/2017

I have nothing but great things to say about Kat and Team! Kat was such a pleasure to work with! Very down to earth and was very accommodating to all our needs every step of the way. She was willing to work with us to create a package that suited our wants and budget. Our engagement shoot was included, which was a great plus! Awesome photos for our wedding website and a great way to meet her before the big day. My husband and I really got a good sense of her style and knew what to expect during our wedding day. On the day of the wedding, her and her team were so fun. Kat was great at giving direction, which is kinda needed to rally a big group. They also worked really well with our videographer, which was as a huge plus! They were respectful of each others space and really worked together tomake sure we got the most out of both.

Kat - thank you so much for everything!! We get to re-live our big day over and over again because of you.

Sent on 03/15/2018
    Kat Ma Photography 28
    Kat Ma Photography 29
    Kat Ma Photography 30
    Kat Ma Photography 31

Simy · Married on 11/04/2017

Kat! There is not enough words to describe this awesome human being and her team!
    I interviewed quite a few photographers and from the start of our phone conversation, we instantly clicked and it was a match made in heaven! Picking the right photographer and videographer is crucial to any wedding considering that these are the lasting memories. We were not disappointed with out decision! She captured every part of our traditional/cultural wedding to the T. My entire family was floored by the quality and style of her pictures-- and this is a hard task to please when it comes to Indian uncles/aunties!
    Our engagement shoot was done at the DeYoung Museum (recommended by Kat) and I have never been in such an easy and fun photoshoot. Even with a time crunch, she pulled out amazing shots for us. She is very flexible with her style of photography-- you can have her lead or be the leader and will still execute outstanding pictures! If you don't pick Kat, I feel sorry for you because you have just messed up! ;) Thanks Kat!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Chelsey · Married on 10/21/2017

Kat is such an amazing photographer. My husband and I enjoyed working with Kat for both our engagement and wedding photos. Kat and her team were very helpful on our wedding day keeping us on schedule. Kat is so fun to work with. She talksand jokes around with us during the shoot so that we can feel more natural and relax in our photo. Not like some photographer where they keep telling you to hold a certain post. Lots of candid shots which I love. All our photos turned out AMAZING WE LOVE IT. Can’t wait to shoot my maternity photos with her. ??

Sent on 02/11/2018

Toby · Married on 10/20/2017

Kat Ma and her entire group of talented photographers are amazing to work with. As a vendor myself, it was super impressive to see such talent, speed, and most of all attention to detail. They truly have a passion for photography, if you're on the market looking for a photographer that's easy to work with, and takes the time to understand your vision, then this is the team for you! I highly recommend Kat Ma Photography!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Eveline · Married on 10/14/2017

Kat Ma played such an important role at my wedding. Not only is she professional and passionate about her work, she helped me make sure we were on time for each of my events that day. Her and her assistants were great. She also did our engagement photos and they turned out great! She has a great sense of humor and is so creative. I would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Tina · Married on 09/03/2017

Kat was amazing to work with for our Wedding. She listened to all the details that we wanted and was extremely helpful during the planning stages of our wedding all the way to execution. Kat and her team delivered on the shots too. Both her and her assistant Ryan were able to really capture the feeling and grand moments of the night. Many of our friends and relatives commented on how cinematic and magical the photos felt. My new husband and I highly recommend Kat Ma Photography!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Peiye · Married on 07/01/2017

One thing you may hear when planning a wedding is to find a great photographer. Your pictures are so important and will tell the story of your day. Kat and her team is amazing. She definitely exceeded our expectations. Initially when I was looking for a wedding photographer, I found many with great work, but had a hard time connecting with the photographer. I can't stress how important it is to be able to connect with your photographer. If you're like me and my husband and can be awkward in front of the camera, Kat is amazing at making you laugh and feel more relaxed and comfortable. Upon our first meeting, I knew right away I wanted Kat to be my photographer. She was easy to chat with. The conversation came naturally.
    As for e-shoot and wedding day, the pictures were beautifully captured by her and her team. Thank you, Kat!

Sent on 12/06/2017
  • Y

Yen · Married on 06/24/2017

She shot our engagement photos and they came out nothing short of amazing! We are so excited to have her for our wedding.

Sent on 03/31/2017

Julia · Married on 06/16/2017

HIRE KAT, you will not regret it!

We hired Kat and her assistant, Ryan for our Carmel Valley Wedding this past June. They we're absolutely amazing, beyond everything we could have ever dreamed. Everything from our initial kick off call, helping us create a timeline, and keeping us on track during our big day. Our pictures are stunning and are going to cherish them for the rest of our lives. Kat captured every moment, from getting ready to the girls (and capturing the guys separately), our big first look on the bluffs of Carmel, through our ceremony and through the end of the night. Not only did she keep us on track from a timeline perspective, but she also kept me calm through all of the craziness. Her professionalism, expertise, and all around demeanor were top notch. Our wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did if it wasn't for her. If you are looking for the best of the best, hire Kat Ma and her team, you will not regret it. They are worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Christine · Married on 06/10/2017

Kat was incredible to work with on my big day. She made everyone laugh and feel extremely comfortable and it shows in our pictures. I can't stop looking at my wedding photos. Thank you , Kat ! Best day ever !

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Kat Ma Photography 32
    Kat Ma Photography 33
    Kat Ma Photography 34
    Kat Ma Photography 35

Vicki · Married on 02/18/2017

We hired Kat for our wedding earlier this year in February. I actually was recommended to Kat by another photographer who was already booked for my date. And I'm glad we booked Kat because her prices were within our budget, her portfolio looked fantastic and she seemed like a true professional. Communication was easy and very quick! We also were able to have a quick two hour engagement session included in our contract. The final weeks leading up to the big day was a bit hectic. We had a few conflicts with the timeline but eventually between Kat, my coordinator and I, we were able to pull everything together. On my actual wedding day, Kat was able to capture all the shots needed in the morning ahead of my timeline scheduled! We had scheduled Kat to take a lot of pictures - family photos, same-day photos, table visits, money dance. She did all of this with a breeze! Initially, my coordinator didn't think we had enough time to take table photos since we had around 20 tables so we only choose a few tables to take pictures. The table visits went so fast we decided to do the rest of our guestlist and we STILL had time left over and had time to actually enjoy our food. Overall, the pictures turned out great! We received all our photos for download within two months. We had so many favorite photos we weren't able to limit ourselves. The photo albums that Kat made for us were beautiful. Highly recommend Kat and her team!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Nenh · Married on 01/07/2017

Kat Ma and her team were AMAZING!!!! Their work definitely surpassed our expectation. They were on time and ready to go! They performed everything that we asked for and did it efficiently. We received our final product earlier than expected and it was outstanding.

Kat Ma is so easy and fun to work with. She has a great sense of humor. She makes you feel relax and comfortable during the shoot. Her communication is great and responds promptly through emails/texts/calls.

We couldn't have found a better photography for one of the most important days of our lives!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kathryn · Married on 12/03/2016

Kat Ma was a dream to work with. She photographed our engagement photos and wedding--both sets came out beautiful. She and her team made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process, from reviewing packages to day-of execution. My husband and I are so pleased with our digital photos and albums, all of which we'll cherish forever. She truly has a gift of capturing a moments and feelings in her work.

Sent on 09/29/2017