Kat Ma Photography Reviews

Kat Ma Photography 7
  • Jeanette

Jeanette Phan · Getting married on 11/05/2019

A Dream To Work With

Kat was recommended to us, a long with a few others, but after chatting with each of them, Kat was the obvious choice. She's hilarious and super easy to work with.

From the initial inquiry to after the wedding day, she was always quick to get back to us. On the day of, she brought her crew, and they were great. I loved that Tam loved my dog. Her intern was super sweet. She was hilarious and rolled with the punches, which made the awkwardness of being photographed less weird.

We loved our engagement photos and what we've seen so far from our sneak peeks. We have no doubts the rest of the wedding photos will turn out amazing. She's great at what she does and she is quick! We got sneak peeks just a few days after our wedding day!

Just look at the amazing work she's done on Instagram and give her a call if you're in need of a photographer. We rave about her to everyone we know!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Meghan Clarke · Married on 08/30/2019

Utterly amazing from start to finish!

If you are considering Kat Ma as your wedding photographer, I am here to make planning that much easier for you by saying DO IT! Kat and her team are wonderful people and so talented at what they do!

I heard of Kat Ma from two personal referrals, coworkers, and from my first phone call with her I could tell she was genuine and down to earth. She instantly put me at ease, and I knew that was someone I wanted with me on my wedding day. She ended up already being booked on our wedding day but let us know that Linda and Tam, two photographers on her team, were available and sent me their work. She also assured me that she would still be involved in editing our photos and capturing our engagement shoot. Their work was equally as stunning so we went with our gut and signed the contract, and it was the best decision we could have made.
    We cannot say enough good things about Linda and Tam! Linda put me at ease the entire day, she was so warm and funny but also firm and laser focused when she needed to give direction and get it done! She made me laugh consistently. Tam was with the groomsmen getting ready, and by the time I saw him at first look he and the guys had an inside joke going. They were EXACTLY what we wanted and needed on our wedding day, and went above and beyond to listen to what we wanted, give us guidance when needed and ultimately make us feel so special. We are starting to get our photos back now and let me just say they are breathtaking.

I could go on for longer but I will end by saying you will NOT regret your decision going with Kat Ma photography, you will have gorgeous pictures to last a lifetime. Thank you Linda, Tam and Kat!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Diana

Diana Chang · Married on 06/30/2019

Must book Kat and her team; they helped make the wedding day perfect and captured beautiful photos

Kat and team were all and more than I hoped for.
    1. Personality-She’s super funny, easygoing, and chill. This made it very easy for my husband and I, who are shy and introverted people, as she made us feel comfortable and told us what to do
    2. Photos-They look amazing. I love that she has a variety of romantic photos and more dramatic photos. They captured moments beautifully and the emotions of the day.
    3. Support-Kat and Tam took care of everything during the wedding day and the prep beforehand. I planned the wedding myself so I was overwhelmed with making a schedule. To my joy, during the first call with Kat, she put together the schedule! On the day of, any potential bridezilla moments were avoided because of their help. She directed everyone and when the assigned family member failed to be responsible for wrangling and calling out family photos, it didn’t matter because Kat did all of that herself!
    4. Turnaround time-She has an incredible turnaround time. Engagement photos were done within 24hrs and got sneakpeak photos of highlights throughout the wedding day within 24hrs as well!! 😍 My friend who had gotten married a month prior didn’t even get her photos yet but I was able to post some photos the day after the wedding! I don’t know how they do it.

When researching photographers, I worried a lot as photos are the keepsakes of the special day. I am so glad we worked with Kat and Tam; they played a large role in making the wedding day perfect and beautiful photos to remember it by!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    Kat Ma Photography 14
  • Markaley

Markaley Georg · Married on 06/14/2019

The Best Decision

In summary-- You will love Kat Ma and the team! We have zero regrets about our wedding photography; we have so many photographs we will always love and cherish (and we’ve only gotten our “sneak peek”)!!

The process and planning-- Kat Ma and the team were truly wonderful to work with. Kat is very responsive to emails and has found a perfect balance between being professional while still being approachable and friendly. The planning process was smooth and simple, beginning to end. Kat did the most amazing job of offering suggestions and opinions but also taking the time to listen to our thoughts and ideas.

As for the actual photography part-- My husband and I are not the most comfortable in front of a camera. We like to be silly and a little bit weird! Kat embraced our personalities and encouraged us to be ourselves. For some shots, Kat told us exactly what to do- where to put our hands, smiling?, serious?, turn this way or that. For other shots, we acted as we normally would. Regardless of that, all the photographs looked perfectly natural and comfortable. We knew Kat (and Tam at the wedding) were going to be incredible photographers, but we were still amazed by how beautiful the photographs are. Kat is also extremely efficient and organized! She gets those giant family photos done like nobody’s business!! Bonus—we got over a hundred photographs from them the very next morning after our wedding!

Kat creates stunning photographs, and we would recommend Kat Ma photography to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Kat Ma Photography 21
    Kat Ma Photography 22
    Kat Ma Photography 23

Jenna · Married on 05/18/2019

Kat and her team are A+++

Kat and her team were incredible to work with. Kat herself guided us from the first phone call through the day of, always being clear, prompt, respectful and on top of every ask. We purchased a package that came with an engagement shoot, wedding shoot and a print. The price was really fair and the end product was phenomenal! Along the process we were really impressed by her ability to develop a vision while ensuring our needs/wants were being addressed. On the day of she and her team were like magicians, getting a multitude of incredible shots without causing an disruption or distractions. At the reception we were blown away by her team's ability to (respectfully) direct traffic such that we could nab all the photos in a quick and efficient manner, ensuring that we weren't kept from our guests for long. The ending package of edited photos arrived quickly and were beautiful. 10/10 across the board

Sent on 10/04/2019

Lena Nguyen · Married on 04/06/2019

Talented and bad ass

We're so glad we found Kat. We were referred to her by several different friends and when we saw her work on her website, we knew she was the one. Working with her was probably the easiest part of wedding planning. She was quick to reply to our emails and made time to have phone meetings to discuss ideas and recommendations. She is a very talented, experienced, and humble photographer. We told her we wanted to include our dogs in the wedding photos, and being a fellow dog fanatic herself, she was all ears. Her team is amazing to work with also. They had us and our bridal party laughing the whole day. Working with them was so much fun. The day of the wedding, she tried her best to make sure we were comfortable. She was not afraid to take charge or lend a hand if needed. Her talented work is indescribable. She captured moments I could only dream of. We are so in love with our photos and our experience working with her. Her photos are a joyous reminder of the fun and excitement we had on our wedding day and we could not thank her enough!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Kat Ma Photography 28
  • Hong-An

Hong-An Dinh · Married on 03/02/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Kat and her team are the best! They were so fun and easy to work with. Throughout the whole process, Kat was super responsive with communicating and we really appreciated that. She was very accommodating and professional. Kat helped me so much on my wedding day and I am so grateful for her! My husband and I are so happy with the photos that Kat and her team captured. We can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/11/2019

deanna · Married on 11/10/2018

Highly Recommend

Finding a photography is always hard! While browsing through Instagram, a friend posted a picture of engagement photos. I clicked to see who it was and the rest were history. Kat's pictures we're all amazing and it was definitely the vibe I wanted.

I immediately contacted her and she was quick to response. She was super funny and friendly and even provided a reasonable price for my wedding package. She was very flexible in what I wanted and wanted to ensure I was happy with everything.

On the day of the wedding, her team was quick and efficient. They we're able to capture every moment so quickly, that we had extra time to take pictures with family and friends.

I would definitely recommend Kat and her team if they are in need of a wedding photographer! Hands down the best :)

Sent on 06/30/2019
  • Y

Yie Peng · Married on 10/20/2018

Yaaaasss to Kat Ma Photography!

YOU GUYS! Kat Ma Photography is the bomb.com for real! It was such a pleasure working with Kat. When I first got engaged, she was actually the first vendor I contacted because I knew I needed her lol. As a new future bride, I didn't know what to expect in planning a wedding. Kat not only answered all my questions, she gave me really good advice about other areas of wedding planning outside of her services which was so helpful. Kat is super responsive and quick. I can literally blink a couple of times after sending her an email and I'll see a response in my inbox.

My husband and I are very awkward and goofy so we were nervous of how we'd look in the pictures (hella derp lol). Kat made us feel so comfortable and it was so much fun! She gave us the direction we needed and we couldn't be happier with the photos. We had several follow-up phone meetings to go over the wedding day timeline and again, Kat gave me advice on things I wouldn't have even thought about considering when finalizing the schedule.

The big day arrived! Kat was on time and she went to work! I had 8 bridesmaids so you can only imagine the chaos that was happening in the hotel room. Took some awesome pictures and headed to the church where we met our second shooter, Tam. He was also very nice! Took some more awesome pictures after the ceremony then we headed to our next location for wedding party photos. 8 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmen, me, and my husband so a party of 16. As organized and attentive we all tried to be, with that many bodies, it can be hard but Kat was really good at keeping us on time and focused, of course having fun all at the same time!

At the reception, Kat and Tam were so helpful. We had a table to table toast in our timeline (25 tables) and I didn't want to allocate too much time to that and Kat kept us on schedule so I had more time to dance! She and Tam were like ninjas because they were never in the way but still able to capture awesome moments. My husband and I, and everyone else, loved how the photos turned out! Exceeded our expectations, no doubt!

I never doubted my choice in choosing Kat and her team. How can you pass up on an awesome, skilled team who also love puppies and boba as much as I do?! THANK YOU, KAT MA PHOTOGRAPHY!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing photographer!

I don’t even know where to begin with Kat. From the very first phone call I already knew we would get along- we talked as if we were friends for years! It was so organic that I automatically had no worries about how our e shoot and wedding day would turn out.

It’s obvious she’s done her fair share of events as she knew exactly what to expect and how to organized everything. She had no problem suggesting places for our e shoot and ultimately just had a fun time around the city.

Before our wedding day she helped set up our timeline which we used also for the videographer and my day of coordinator.

Day of went as planned. My husband and his groomsmen loved working with Tam(her #2 photographer). He too was so easy to get along with. I forgot to make a call list for family pictures after the ceremony and we only had 15mins to get the pictures done. She was a machine- so organized getting people in and out of the pictures even my family was amazed at how fast it went.

We have received our pictures in a timely manner and love them so much!! I can’t thank Kat and Tam enough for being so easy to work with. Miss you guys!!

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Kat Ma Photography 29
    Kat Ma Photography 30
    Kat Ma Photography 31
    Kat Ma Photography 32

Marilyn · Married on 08/25/2018

Working with Kat Ma and her team has been amazing. I can't believe her pricing is so reasonable because the quality of her work definitely matches and exceeds the work of people charging 3-4x what she charges.

A friend had been in a wedding that Kat shot in the past, and she said - "this photographer - she gets stuff done!." I'm all about being efficient, so I thought - I like her already! From our first video chat interview (before we chose her), it was clear that she would be our photographer. She had shot at our venue before and pointed out lighting issues to us and knew how to deal with it, and she already had ideas on what to do for our first look photos.

Engagement photos were great, and she got us the photos in less than 48 hours.

When it came to wedding day, she showed up on time and was so on point. She got so many great shots in, was good at making people laugh, and she definitely got things done. She did a lot of mother-daughter shots, which meant the world to my mom, and she did a first look with my bridesmaids, which I had never thought of before, and it was so much fun. She helped move furniture and poured champagne just to make sure we could get stuff done. In the end, we get to do the previously suggested first look shots, and it looked so good.

From the actual wedding, she captured everything, and most amazingly, she got us a sneak peek gallery in LESS THAN 12 HOURS after the wedding! People wait months for photos, and she already had some ready for us the next morning, which was amazing. I keep getting comments on how people love the photos already - she was artistic, creative, and great with lighting.

I'm so glad we went with Kat Ma - she has so much energy and is so great at what she does, and she really did get all the shots we wanted in a short amount of time. We loved working with her !

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Kat Ma Photography 33
    Kat Ma Photography 34

Mimi · Married on 07/07/2018

Beyond Fantastic

I don’t know where to start because KatMa Photography was amazing and far exceeds our expectations. To start, Kat is beyond amazing and is extremely easy to work with, she cuts all the fluff and gets straight to business. She is attentive, detailed-oriented, and on top of her craft. She will work with you on wedding timeline, styles, and shots for your wedding.

We had the pleasure of working with Kat and Ryan on our wedding day and they were spectacular.

If you have a big Asian family, Kat knows exactly how to deal with them and get all of the shots that you need. Kat is great at communicating with her clients and meeting the clients expectations. Tell Kat what photos and styles you want for your special day and Kat will make it happen.

We had a crazy fun group for our wedding party and Kat made our photos come to live and captured our essence. Lag and Ryan captured very precious moments and moments that we missed since our wedding day was so crazy. We get to relive our wedding day through the beautiful photos that they so carefully snapped. We couldn't have been happier with another photographer and highly recommend KatMa Photography.

Sent on 12/28/2018

Mina · Married on 05/18/2018

Kat is amazing.

My friend referred me to Kat for my wedding photographer and I am eternally grateful for her. From the first moment I spoke with Kat, I knew she was the photographer for us. My now-husband is not too comfortable in front of the camera and reminiscent of Chandler when he takes engagement pictures with Monica (sorry Husband, threw you under the bus there), and Kat is so funny and personable that he loved taking photos with her. For our engagement shoot, we brought along our terror of a dog, and Kat was not only was patient with her, but she got some great pictures with her too! (And special thanks to Dorothy for entertaining Navi and for making our engagement shoot so fun!)

All my bridesmaids raved about how awesome Kat was on the wedding day, and our wedding planner noted how great she was as well. Kat is extremely creative and thinks of wonderful ideas on the fly, which makes shooting really fun with her! We had a destination wedding in Kauai, Hawaii, and I cannot wait to see all the pictures!

I was really sad when our wedding was over because it meant that I wouldn’t be able to hang out with Kat soon. :( I really cannot say how much I loved working with Kat, she is AMAZING and you should book her ASAP for your wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Linda · Married on 03/17/2018

Kat Ma Photography is simply amazing! Kat and her team are professionals but they also have cool and laid back personalities. My husband and I hired her and her team for our engagement session and whole day wedding ceremony/reception. Her prices are affordable in comparison to many of the photographers in the Bay Area, but that doesn't mean the quality suffers. These guys can make the most awkward-looking couple look amazing in photos. I cannot tell you how many compliments we had on our wedding photos! I didn't have a wedding planner or coordinator, but Kat made sure the day went smoothly. She helped us with our timeline and made sure we stuck to it. Kat is also very responsive through email/text/phone and checked in on us regularly throughout our wedding planning.

Simply put, you can't go wrong with Kat Ma Photography!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Melissa · Married on 01/27/2018

Kat is an amazing photographer! She did my friend's wedding in November 2016 and made the day so much fun, on top of taking great photos. When I got engaged, there was no question about who we'd choose as our photographer! Kat captured all of the really special moments on our wedding day and kept us laughing. I love how our photos turned out and our family and friends love them them too!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Ana · Married on 12/16/2017

I have nothing but great things to say about Kat and Team! Kat was such a pleasure to work with! Very down to earth and was very accommodating to all our needs every step of the way. She was willing to work with us to create a package that suited our wants and budget. Our engagement shoot was included, which was a great plus! Awesome photos for our wedding website and a great way to meet her before the big day. My husband and I really got a good sense of her style and knew what to expect during our wedding day. On the day of the wedding, her and her team were so fun. Kat was great at giving direction, which is kinda needed to rally a big group. They also worked really well with our videographer, which was as a huge plus! They were respectful of each others space and really worked together tomake sure we got the most out of both.

Kat - thank you so much for everything!! We get to re-live our big day over and over again because of you.

Sent on 03/15/2018
    Kat Ma Photography 35
    Kat Ma Photography 36
    Kat Ma Photography 37
    Kat Ma Photography 38

Simy · Married on 11/04/2017

Kat! There is not enough words to describe this awesome human being and her team!
    I interviewed quite a few photographers and from the start of our phone conversation, we instantly clicked and it was a match made in heaven! Picking the right photographer and videographer is crucial to any wedding considering that these are the lasting memories. We were not disappointed with out decision! She captured every part of our traditional/cultural wedding to the T. My entire family was floored by the quality and style of her pictures-- and this is a hard task to please when it comes to Indian uncles/aunties!
    Our engagement shoot was done at the DeYoung Museum (recommended by Kat) and I have never been in such an easy and fun photoshoot. Even with a time crunch, she pulled out amazing shots for us. She is very flexible with her style of photography-- you can have her lead or be the leader and will still execute outstanding pictures! If you don't pick Kat, I feel sorry for you because you have just messed up! ;) Thanks Kat!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Chelsey · Married on 10/21/2017

Kat is such an amazing photographer. My husband and I enjoyed working with Kat for both our engagement and wedding photos. Kat and her team were very helpful on our wedding day keeping us on schedule. Kat is so fun to work with. She talksand jokes around with us during the shoot so that we can feel more natural and relax in our photo. Not like some photographer where they keep telling you to hold a certain post. Lots of candid shots which I love. All our photos turned out AMAZING WE LOVE IT. Can’t wait to shoot my maternity photos with her. ??

Sent on 02/11/2018

Toby · Married on 10/20/2017

Kat Ma and her entire group of talented photographers are amazing to work with. As a vendor myself, it was super impressive to see such talent, speed, and most of all attention to detail. They truly have a passion for photography, if you're on the market looking for a photographer that's easy to work with, and takes the time to understand your vision, then this is the team for you! I highly recommend Kat Ma Photography!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Eveline · Married on 10/14/2017

Kat Ma played such an important role at my wedding. Not only is she professional and passionate about her work, she helped me make sure we were on time for each of my events that day. Her and her assistants were great. She also did our engagement photos and they turned out great! She has a great sense of humor and is so creative. I would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Tina · Married on 09/03/2017

Kat was amazing to work with for our Wedding. She listened to all the details that we wanted and was extremely helpful during the planning stages of our wedding all the way to execution. Kat and her team delivered on the shots too. Both her and her assistant Ryan were able to really capture the feeling and grand moments of the night. Many of our friends and relatives commented on how cinematic and magical the photos felt. My new husband and I highly recommend Kat Ma Photography!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Peiye · Married on 07/01/2017

One thing you may hear when planning a wedding is to find a great photographer. Your pictures are so important and will tell the story of your day. Kat and her team is amazing. She definitely exceeded our expectations. Initially when I was looking for a wedding photographer, I found many with great work, but had a hard time connecting with the photographer. I can't stress how important it is to be able to connect with your photographer. If you're like me and my husband and can be awkward in front of the camera, Kat is amazing at making you laugh and feel more relaxed and comfortable. Upon our first meeting, I knew right away I wanted Kat to be my photographer. She was easy to chat with. The conversation came naturally.
    As for e-shoot and wedding day, the pictures were beautifully captured by her and her team. Thank you, Kat!

Sent on 12/06/2017
  • Y

Yen · Married on 06/24/2017

She shot our engagement photos and they came out nothing short of amazing! We are so excited to have her for our wedding.

Sent on 03/31/2017

Julia · Married on 06/16/2017

HIRE KAT, you will not regret it!

We hired Kat and her assistant, Ryan for our Carmel Valley Wedding this past June. They we're absolutely amazing, beyond everything we could have ever dreamed. Everything from our initial kick off call, helping us create a timeline, and keeping us on track during our big day. Our pictures are stunning and are going to cherish them for the rest of our lives. Kat captured every moment, from getting ready to the girls (and capturing the guys separately), our big first look on the bluffs of Carmel, through our ceremony and through the end of the night. Not only did she keep us on track from a timeline perspective, but she also kept me calm through all of the craziness. Her professionalism, expertise, and all around demeanor were top notch. Our wedding would not have gone as smoothly as it did if it wasn't for her. If you are looking for the best of the best, hire Kat Ma and her team, you will not regret it. They are worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Christine · Married on 06/10/2017

Kat was incredible to work with on my big day. She made everyone laugh and feel extremely comfortable and it shows in our pictures. I can't stop looking at my wedding photos. Thank you , Kat ! Best day ever !

Sent on 09/26/2017