48 Reviews for Karen's Fireside, Inc.

4.7
48 Karen's Fireside, Inc. Reviews

Karen and Denise were fabulous hosts for our wedding reception! They made all of our planning so easy and walked us through each step. It was a completely worry-free process for us, which was so invaluable because we had a lot of other little details to plan outside of the reception venue. Almost everyone I talked to commented on how wonderful the food was and how beautiful the decorations were, all of which were prepared and setup by Karen and Denise. If you think the prices seem high, think again because you are receiving fabulous food, excellent service, and a worry-free experience for you and your guests! We would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who asks us!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were referred to Karen's by a friend who was going to have her reception there. She had so many good things to say about their service, so we were excited to meet with them regarding our reception. We met with Denise first, and she was very knowledgeable and very nice. The space was large, with ample room for dining, dancing, cake and bar service. We were expecting around 210 guests. What we really loved was that they took care of the decoration, cooked the food on site, and took care of the tear-down, all for a flat per-person rate that really cannot be beat anywhere. We had visited a few other full-service venues and found that they offered very similar services for double and triple the price. Karen, Denise and staff did an excellent job with our reception. The decor was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was very attentive to our's, and our guests', needs. We would highly recommend Karen's Fireside to any couples who are looking for a venue that will provide top-notch service and not break the bank.

Profile Picture Michelle, 2/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a great venue with catering, set up/take down, cake cutters, catering, decorating all in one! Reasonably priced too! They customize the decorations to your specifications and are very easy to work with

Profile Picture User5644342, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen and Denise were wonderful to work with! They were very accommodating to our requests. Their staff was efficient and helpful. We got many comments on what a lovely evening it was. Because they do all the set up and take down, it made our daughter's wedding weekend less stressful, especially since we were from out of town.

Profile Picture Valorie, 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
4.7

In regards to our experience @ Karen's Fireside Inc, My wife and I had a very memorable wedding reception! We were very pleased with the quality of service that we received and the hall was very well decorated. Everyone was very pleased with the service and decorations! We really enjoyed the food as well! I like the fact that customers were allowed take home leftover food. In my humble opinion, Karen's Fireside Inc would be one of the best places to have a wedding reception in the Omaha area. The prices are very reasonable, without hidden cost & fees. The staff was very nice and respectful towards our family and guest. I would recommend Karen's Fireside Inc to anyone looking for a place to have a wedding reception. Continue to do a great job serving people in the Omaha area! Kudos to your staff on a job well done! Our experience at Karen's Fireside Inc was a very enjoyable one!

Profile Picture User4643934, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My now husband and I fell in love with this place the second we walked in. It has a cozy, home feeling to it that was so welcoming to us. Denise is fabulous at Karen's, she was my main contact throughout the year we worked with them. She always responded within the day of an email or text or call. What we loved most about Karen's is that everything was close together and it didn't feel like your guests were half a mile away. The staff that evening were courteous and respectful to all of our guests and the food was phenomenal! Would definitely recommend this venue to any friend or family, wonderful experience that made our wedding day much more special. Thank you Karen's!!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They went out of there way to help get ready for the big day!

Profile Picture User3789043, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

We had our ceremony and reception at this location. We were so happy. Denise was helpful but not pushy. The contract was clear. They were flexible when we had some last minute changes. They were helpful in coordinating in between vendors. The food was awesome and even the pickiest eaters were having seconds. The mac 'n cheese for the kids was a rave hit with the adults, the veggies were fresh, varied and crisp. The meat was tender and well seasoned. Karen is a hoot and helped everything run smoothly. The place looked lovely, they let us bring in some of our own decorations and put them up for us. They packed all the leftovers up for us as well. The reasonable price almost makes me feel guilty for such quality service. Everything was done for us set up, clean up etc. The price is all inclusive no hidden costs. I thank them for helping make it be a beautiful day, they did so many things that many venues do not. It was so much less stressful at this venue. Thanks

Profile Picture Cassie, 3/7/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Denise was so great with a short notice wedding and reception!! She was great with meeting all our needs and easily accommodated our changes. The staff was so great to be around during the reception and the place looked so beautiful and the food was awesome! It was such a great night for all.
I HIGHLY recommend Karen's Fireside for a wedding venue; the value of what you get for the price is unbeatable!

Profile Picture Jenny, 11/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen's Fireside did a GREAT job at our reception. Denise was always very responsive to my emails and calls, and quickly answered any questions that I had. She was very knowledgeable and gave me great advice on all aspects of the reception, while working with me to make sure my vision came true. Everything was very organized and ran very smoothly during the day of the reception. Many of my guests complimented the delicious food and service of the staff. There were never lines at the bar, and my guests were very happy with the service. I also loved the decor of the venue, with all the candlelight it was very intimate and romantic, and Karen's designed and set up my centerpieces for me, so that was one less thing for me to worry about. You also pay per person and it was very reasonable pricing for all that they did for us, where you would pay for that extra level of service at other venues. Our reception was perfect, very low stress, and I am so grateful for all that Karen's staff did to make it happen! You cannot go wrong with Karen's!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/15/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Denise was AMAZING!!! From or first meeting to the last drink served! She was very responsive to ALL of my questions and never misleading. The food was wonderful and decorations were beyond my expectations! We have had so many complements about the venue, food and the staff that worked our event that nite. I will recommend Karen's to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Errin, 11/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I will defintely recommend karen's fireside for any event. We had many, many compliments about fabulous food, beautiful decorations, friendly staff. We did not have a single issue. Made Michaela and Kevin's day perfect. They delivered on all promises made and is an exceptional value. Our reception was over 250 people and went off without a hitch

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy and so thankful we chose Karen’s Fireside for my son’s wedding! We had a fantastic night at the wedding last Friday. The service and reception went beautifully. It was everything my daughter-in-law imagined. The food was amazing; we got excellent feedback from all the guests. The food was hot, delicious and nicely presented. We had so many compliments on the food, especially the roast beef! Believe me that was important to us, our family are all self- proclaimed foodies- ha ha. Added bonus, we took home the packaged leftovers.
Denise, thanks for your part in planning this special occasion for us, it was perfect! The room looked lovely with all the candle lights and the lighted head table. Your staff was immensely helpful, kind and Karen herself helped with great suggestions. Denise was so helpful with advice for the tables, incorporating her existing centerpieces with our added touches and additions until we had just the right look. I walked in at 1230 noon to help decorate for a 6 PM event and all the tables were set up, it took my breath away. I only added a few things to the cake table, and was gone in 30 minutes, super easy and stress free.
I read the last reviewer and can't even imagine what she is thinking! My experience was great. One of our guests is a prospective bride, she was scouting for halls and after speaking with her I am certain she will use this jewel of a place.
I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone.

Profile Picture Traci, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was extremely pleased with the venue and the food at Karen's Fireside. Denise helped make my wedding a beautiful celebration. I was also very impressed with the food. Go with the roast beef! If you are looking for a beautiful venue with an amazing home cooked nebraskan meal I would recommend karen's fireside!

Profile Picture Ariel, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
0.3

Your Day is too Special DON’T spend it here.
This was a special day we had planned for the past year but unfortunately we trusted the tired and worn out venue , KAREN’S FIRESIDE. Denise was rude on several occasions leading up to the wedding and to our guest during the wedding.
Don’t trust your special day with KAREN’S FIRESIDE or You will be disappointed in all areas. We had to apologies to our guest several times. Several guests were left standing for an hour because they would not set up extra tables. We had some guest leave. When the Mother of the bride arrived she had to demand extra tables be set up. KAREN’S showed no concern for our guest.
Karen’s was told to setup for 203 guest. They set 21 tables 9 per 189 and then after they were told to get 2 more tables of 9. They charged us for 12 more guests. I know of 6 guests that left early without eating because they did not have a seat and some tables had one or more open chair at dinner.
On the day of the 1:30 wedding I sent 2 family members and 2 friends over to Karen’s Fireside to set up at 10:00. We made all the table decorations. Karen’s Fireside would not allow my family and friends to set up the guest tables and both ladies were VERY rude . I told Denise on the day before to expect My family and friends to be over at 10:00 to decorate. They were not Cooperative or Ready. KAREN’S HAD SET UP 1 OF THE 21 TABLES AND THE HEAD TABLE ONLY! They said the rest would not be ready for 2 more hours! That would be 12:00, wedding was at 1:30 ! Karen’s did place the center pieces on the table but did not follow the picture sent and my family was not able to complete their decorating. This was VERY disappointing!
The Hall was set up like every 50th wedding anniversary they have had there !
Yes, There was a event booked the day before ours, But our service should have not suffered because of another event booking.
It was a lot of money for so so food and

Profile Picture Rose, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about Karen's is great! I am from Omaha, but have moved away for grad school and planning a wedding 1,000 miles away from home was difficult, but Karen's made so many of the details so easy for me to get figured out in one motion! Many of the additional items you typically buy for a wedding reception are included at Karen's in the baseline price if you don't want to spend the extra money on them. I took advantage of this when planning our reception at Karen's and used their greeting card cage, some of their centerpiece items, their toasting flutes, and their cake cutting utensils….among other items, such as candles, napkins, tablecloths, beverage ware, etc. that sometimes do not come included with venues. Denise at Karen's was so easy to get ahold of and very accommodating. The staff is pretty flexible when it comes to your decor and special requests as well….they really seem to have a vested interest in making sure our day went exactly how we wanted it to, which was so nice!
On top of the ease of planning and flexibility, the venue itself was great and the food was amazing! You could see everyone in the building at once and could clearly hear what our DJ was saying no matter where you were. The ambience was fantastic and the service was great! The roast beef and chicken marsala were absolutely delicious and I got lots of compliments about the green bean amondine and the mac-n-cheese (we went with it last minute on a whim and our guests absolutely loved it-highly recommend)! Additionally, there was no shortage of food and we had leftovers for our gift opening the next day. I cannot thank Denise and the other staff members at Karen's for making our wedding reception unforgettable for us and for everyone who attended! I highly recommend this venue to any couple looking to have a great reception!

Profile Picture Brooke , 8/23/14, 5 Reviews
0.7

We had an awful expierence at Karens Fireside!! The bartenders were unprofessional and rude to the wedding party and guests!! They were unwilling willing to help ! Do not book your event here!!

Profile Picture User4329989, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Easy to work with & guests loved the food they provide!

Profile Picture User4247109, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They had amazing food. The reception was beautiful. Everyone had a wonderful time

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my reception here and it was fantastic! Denise was a pleasure to work with and her wedding experience really showed. They have a lot of different decor to choose from and worked with me to set up the hall even better then what I could've done myself (and I'm pretty crafty). No need to worry about tables, chairs and napkins, they have it all and in a wide variety of colors . The food was AMAZING!! Our guests were very appreciative and continued to comment on how impressed they were with the menu.The night was PERFECT! One of our guests has Parkinson's and a staff member was nice enough to help him through the line and carry his plate to his table for him and throughout the night, they made sure that we were well taken care of!! Karen herself even made an appearance to personally congratulate us.Thank you so much for your hospitality, we will never forget what an amazing evening we had!

Profile Picture Brandy, 3/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Denise and Karen provided a wonderful venue for my wedding reception. It was a dream come true for my husband and me. I gave Karen's Fireside 5 stars because that was the highest I could give them. The quality of the food was superb!
I chose Karen's Fireside from the website. I will admit everything they say on their website is true. There are no hidden fees, everything is included and it was exactly what I expected.
My family and friends had a wonderful time and they loved Karen's. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!1

Profile Picture Diane, 3/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding and reception at Karens Fireside. It was amazing! The food was incredibly good and i am still getting raving reviews about it! The venue is sooo beautiful. Our ceremony was gorgeous. Also the pricing was incredible for what we recieved! I would highly recommend Karens Fireside to anyone looking to get married and have a beautiful wedding and reception!

Profile Picture User3928411, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We looked at several venues when planning our reception. We were thrilled when we found this gem! We worked with Denise there and she was outstanding at always returning calls or emails with any questions we had. We were amazed at the cost too after looking elsewhere. At Karen's the price is all inclusive....meaning there's no additional costs . What it is per person is all it is. No outside service charges, rental charges, security fees, etc. When we astonished at how astronomical these fees were at other venues. That being said, the food was outstanding. We had so many compliments!!! The place was beautiful and elegant with all the lot candles they provide. They do all the set up and have a variety of very nice centerpieces. We chose to do our own and Denise even put those out for us . I loved it so much that I recommended it to my school's reunion committee and am happy to say we are celebrating our 20th high school reunion this Summer there . The bar is great not off in its own corner or other room . The dance floor is very big and everything is open to each other so groups aren't segregated no matter if your at your table, dancing or enjoying a cocktail at the bar. We are so grateful for Karen's Fireside and Denise and Karen for the wonderful service they provide!!!!

Profile Picture Jim & Amy, 1/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Denise was very helpful and we were pleased with the way the venue appeared and the food was outstanding.

Profile Picture Beth, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Denise at karens answered all of our questions and truly made our night special. She helped us pick the perfect centerpieces and her experience helped us get the final touches just right. They got ivory linen as I requested instead of traditional white and everything truly looked great. We received several compliments over our decorations and the service. This was all thanks to the great work they did at Karens. Thanks again! Kevin and Kim

Profile Picture Kim, 8/17/13, 1 Review