Karen Wise Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Jake
    Jake F. Getting married on 12/08/2022

Karen Wise Photography-- Recommendation

Karen Wise is a phenomenal photographer! She helped out when I was in desperate need of a photographer for my proposal and was very easy to work with. Her and her coworker played into the surprise, and were very gracious by recording the proposal, even without me asking. I was provided with more photos that I had originally thought I was going to get, and all of them were fantastic. Karen is professional, hardworking, and eager to make your day as special as possible. I would highly recommend!
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Getting married on 12/31/2021

Perfect family photos

Karen is absolutely AMAZING. She did a family photography session for me, my fiance and our puppy, Chili - and they turned out absolutely incredible. They are certainly something to be cherished for a lifetime. She was so careful to ensure she grabbed the perfect moment - even with our little guy!
  • Selina
    Mr Hospitality Married on 06/10/2021

Excellent Work!

Karen is a natural master of her craft and truly one of the most artistic people in our industry! She is easy to communicate with and always delivers great work with the utmost grace and professionalism. She's uber talented and captures our clients vision in her own beautiful way. We absolutely love working with her and we'll continue to recommend her to capture our couples weddings and clients celebrations. We can't wait until our next collaboration to see her and her team in action again. Thanks Karen! 💖

- MR HOSPITALITY
    (Event Planning & Production Company)
  • Ellen
    Ellen W. Married on 10/18/2020

Outstanding

I cannot say enough about Karen Wise Photography. With only a few weeks' notice, she was able to photograph my son's wedding in NYC and captured the most spectacular city and park backdrops imaginable! She is beyond professional and has an amazing eye for detail. I found her via my son's party planner but also loved the vibe of her Instagram. I could not be more pleased with the results. The photos are magnificent! Karen is a "10" and you can rest assured that whether your ceremony is large or small, she will capture amazing photos of your special day.
  • Chiaki
    Chiaki I. Married on 02/12/2020

The best photographer I've had!

First of all we want to say, Karen is not only a phenomenal photographer but also is an amazing professional with great personality. She was super responsive, kind and always open for requests/ideas.

When we were finalizing the session details, she responded to any small question/concern we had, very promptly. On the day of the shoot, she was super fun and creative, definitely maximized our 2hr session to the fullest (we had SO many shots!). When we received the photos, we were beyond happy as they were exactly what we wanted, or even better. We especially loved very flattering lighting, creative posing/shots which she suggested, how Manhattan was beautifully captured, and stunning, antique-y touch of the photos.

Overall we LOVED her work, and not just her photographing skills but her personality made the day really special and memorable. It's one of our best money spent and we strongly recommend her!!!

Danuta B. Married on 02/06/2019

Just perfect!

Last week, my husband and I eloped from the UK to get married in New York, and Karen helped me capture the moment. She was a dream to work with from start to finish. So helpful with my millions of questions, and on the day she was very subtle that I almost forgot she was with us. I've just received the photos and they are beyond stunning – each one so beautiful! I will treasure them forever and urge any bride wanting magical photos to contact Karen!

Karen Wise Photography's reply:

Dear Danuta, Thank you so much for the glowing review! It was such a pleasure to be your wedding photographer for your NYC elopement!! I'm so happy you love your pictures and enjoyed your experience! Wishing you and Rob all the best for years to come.
    xo
    Karen
    Eleonor Married on 06/02/2018
    Karen was a pleasure to work with - couldn't wish for a more responsive and accommodating photographer. She is also very talented and produces really beautiful and artistic shots.

Karen Wise Photography's reply:

Dear Eleonor, Thanks for your detailed review! I'm so happy you had a positive experience working with me as your wedding photographer, your family photographer AND your headshots photographer!
    Please don't hesitate to contact me again for headshots or for more family pictures. All the best, Karen
    Elizabeth Married on 03/20/2016
    Karen and her team were a pleasure to work with. We had over 250 guests and Karen brought along two assistants who were also great. We ended up with with beautiful photos and are looking forward to receiving our albums.

Dear Elizabeth,
    Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so pleased you loved your wedding photos! Your Liberty Warehouse wedding in Brooklyn was stunning. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in any more pictures, I loved working with you and your families. :)
    Sincerely,
    Karen
  • User2363750 2+ years ago
    We're really lucky to have found Karen Wise as our engagement photographer, she is extremely professional, experienced and efficient. My fiancé and I are very pleased with the images! Having spent a month time in search of the right photographer, we're most impressed with Karen's attention to details and and the use of natural sun light. We felt that her artistic / natural style will most express who we are as a couple (ie. not overdoing).

We had so much confidence on the day of the photoshoot (given we have not met with Karen prior), she guided us professionally on how to pose or where to look, and threw out different ideas of making our images more interesting.

Due to the tight schedule we have, Karen had to work on our images in a short time-frame which was timely delivered. We appreciated her outstanding client service, responsiveness and flexibility. I would definitely recommend Karen to my friends in the future.

Aya Married on 11/22/2015
    Karen Wise is an incredibly talented artist! After 20 years together, we had a very small wedding, and Karen captured that intimacy and joy of celebrating with our families and friends perfectly. She was extremely patient, flexible and gave great direction when we needed it. All of the photos are fantastic, and I am especially pleased with how Karen composed our shots, the lighting, and the richness of the photographs. Her attention to details is extraordinary and we will always treasure the moments she captured!
    Aya Married on 11/22/2015
    Justin Married on 11/22/2015
    Karen was incredibly professional and personable, characteristics that can sometimes be mutually exclusive.
    Rebecca Married on 10/13/2015
    Karen and her team were wonderful and the photographs are beautiful. I'd also like to mention how calm and supportive they were on the wedding day. Karen is the consummate professional.
    Dara Married on 10/03/2014
    Karen was the first person we hired. We were so certain of her we hired her during our first meeting. She's kind, professional and extremely talented. She first shot our engagement party. Her and her assistant were great. The shots came out beautifully.
    Karen was really the quarterback of our wedding. Several of the vendors we hired were because of her recommendations. They were all fantastic! She and her assistant were professional and friendly from the moment they arrived until they finished. She was invisible during the ceremony and reception, and I'm looking forward to seeing the moments she captured that we missed! We asked her to shoot both digital and medium format film. We can't wait to see the photos!
    Hanna Married on 11/03/2013
    Karen managed to capture some of the most beautiful photos of my wedding despite the dark clouds, icy weather and early nightfall. Many of our friends and family have complimented us on the gorgeous color and fabulous images that Karen captured for us. Karen was easy to work with, calm, professional and flexible. Her work was impeccable and I can easily to recommend to another bride.
    Marianna Married on 09/08/2013
    Karen was the first vendor we booked. Since we came across her, while looking for wedding photographers, we fall in love with her work! When we met her in person we felt so comfortable and we knew right away she was the perfect photographer for us. Karen has such a calming, sweet personality and always is willing to go the extra mile to accommodate and help. She is very professional and always responsive. Her work is exquisite! We love our pictures and the style of her work. The lighting is amazing and the quality out of this world! We are so happy that we will have Karen's beautiful pictures to embrace and remember our wedding! We couldn't be happier! We highly recommend Karen- her work is timeless!
    Sarah Married on 02/17/2012
    I skimped on other parts of my wedding in order to be able to get the photographer I'd dreamed of for years -- Karen Wise. Her work is absolutely beautiful and timeless, and I knew that that photos are the one part of the marriage (besides the marriage!) that you'll have forever. It was the best decision I made, hands down.

Karen was a dream to work with. Her photos speak for themselves, really. I was hooked after seeing her online portfolio (and of course she is all over the wedding sites). She was utterly unobtrusive, allowing her to secretly capture all of these amazing moments! I have a photo of my husband that I will treasure forever. I'm usually stiff looking in posed photos, but she even got great photos of me where I am smiling naturally. The photos of us saying our vows are so meaningful - and I didn't even realize she was there!

Besides her photography, she also offers a calm, soothing (and yet hyper-competent presence.) I'm already planning to go to her for baby pictures! Now I just need to have the baby.
    Christine Married on 09/10/2011
    While planning our wedding, my husband and I knew we wanted to prioritize photography. We were thrilled when we found Karen. Karen's photography has a beautiful and romantic quality that is unmatched, and she truly captures moments, both big and little. We had Karen shoot our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and wedding day (with an excellent assistant for the wedding weekend), and we were incredibly happy with the results, as were our family and friends.

A bridesmaid wrote "Although it's often hard to capture the true beauty and joy of an event on film, I think your photographer did an amazing job. I loved "reliving" the festivities!" I couldn't have said it better.
    Lindsey Married on 06/11/2011
    Karen Wise is a true professional and a true artist. She photographed our June 2011 wedding and our pictures are beautiful! She captured every moment perfectly. When my husband and I looked at our pictures he said, "She made you look like a movie star!" and I think everyone bride should feel that great when looking at their wedding photos. I highly recommend her, she is worth every penny!
    Veronica Married on 03/26/2011
    Karen was amazing! She was so professional and helpful from beginning to end. Most importantly, we got so many gorgeous pictures. Karen is so detail oriented, she seemed to notice every detail when she was shooting and it paid off in the pictures. I really couldn't recommend her enough.
    Bethany Married on 10/02/2010
    Terrific ! We loved Karen ! She gave us the best wedding gift ... amazing pitures we will have for a lifetime. I can't say enough positive things about her. If you are lucky enough to have her as your photographer, you won't be disappointed.
    Pooja Married on 11/06/2009
    I loved working with Karen. First of all, she is just an awesome person. Soft spoken, puts you to ease, really listens, and works on your events just like you want. She is flexible with making changes and doing different shots as needed.

The quality of her work is amazing! She is one of the few photographers that is uses film to photograph. That makes the quality and colors of the pics just vibrant.

We have worked with Karen again to do Food Art for our restaurant recently since our wedding. Loved that work too that is posted on her www.foodandart.com website.
    Lindsey Married on 09/19/2009
    Karen was a wonderful wedding photographer. She worked hard to capture important and traditionally unseen moments of our wedding that we will treasure forever. Her professional manner and calm demeanor make her a joy to work with during a potentially stressful time. We would highly recommend her!
  • User1491494 2+ years ago
    Karen did a great job photographing our wedding. She was also super helpful in helping us create the perfect album. I would totally recommend her!!
    Diana Married on 06/10/2005
    Both Karen and her assistant were wonderful. They were everywhere taking pictures of everything and everyone. They were not intrusive at all. The pictures were wonderful. I would recommend Karen to anyone.