Karen Wise Photography Reviews

Karen Wise Photography 1
Karen Wise Photography 2

Danuta Brown · Married on 02/06/2019

Just perfect!

Last week, my husband and I eloped from the UK to get married in New York, and Karen helped me capture the moment. She was a dream to work with from start to finish. So helpful with my millions of questions, and on the day she was very subtle that I almost forgot she was with us. I've just received the photos and they are beyond stunning – each one so beautiful! I will treasure them forever and urge any bride wanting magical photos to contact Karen!

Sent on 02/14/2019
    Karen Wise Photography 3
    Karen Wise Photography 4

Karen Wise Photography's reply:

Dear Danuta, Thank you so much for the glowing review! It was such a pleasure to be your wedding photographer for your NYC elopement!! I'm so happy you love your pictures and enjoyed your experience! Wishing you and Rob all the best for years to come.
    xo

Eleonor · Married on 06/02/2018

Karen was a pleasure to work with - couldn't wish for a more responsive and accommodating photographer. She is also very talented and produces really beautiful and artistic shots.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Karen Wise Photography's reply:

Dear Eleonor, Thanks for your detailed review! I'm so happy you had a positive experience working with me as your wedding photographer, your family photographer AND your headshots photographer!
    Please don't hesitate to contact me again for headshots or for more family pictures. All the best, Karen

Elizabeth · Married on 03/20/2016

Karen and her team were a pleasure to work with. We had over 250 guests and Karen brought along two assistants who were also great. We ended up with with beautiful photos and are looking forward to receiving our albums.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Dear Elizabeth,
    Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so pleased you loved your wedding photos! Your Liberty Warehouse wedding in Brooklyn was stunning. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in any more pictures, I loved working with you and your families. :)
    Sincerely,
    Karen

We're really lucky to have found Karen Wise as our engagement photographer, she is extremely professional, experienced and efficient. My fiancé and I are very pleased with the images! Having spent a month time in search of the right photographer, we're most impressed with Karen's attention to details and and the use of natural sun light. We felt that her artistic / natural style will most express who we are as a couple (ie. not overdoing).

We had so much confidence on the day of the photoshoot (given we have not met with Karen prior), she guided us professionally on how to pose or where to look, and threw out different ideas of making our images more interesting.

Due to the tight schedule we have, Karen had to work on our images in a short time-frame which was timely delivered. We appreciated her outstanding client service, responsiveness and flexibility. I would definitely recommend Karen to my friends in the future.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Justin · Married on 11/22/2015

Karen was incredibly professional and personable, characteristics that can sometimes be mutually exclusive.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Aya · Married on 11/22/2015

Karen Wise is an incredibly talented artist! After 20 years together, we had a very small wedding, and Karen captured that intimacy and joy of celebrating with our families and friends perfectly. She was extremely patient, flexible and gave great direction when we needed it. All of the photos are fantastic, and I am especially pleased with how Karen composed our shots, the lighting, and the richness of the photographs. Her attention to details is extraordinary and we will always treasure the moments she captured!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Aya · Married on 11/22/2015

Sent on 12/30/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2015

Karen and her team were wonderful and the photographs are beautiful. I'd also like to mention how calm and supportive they were on the wedding day. Karen is the consummate professional.

Sent on 11/08/2015

Dara · Married on 10/03/2014

Karen was the first person we hired. We were so certain of her we hired her during our first meeting. She's kind, professional and extremely talented. She first shot our engagement party. Her and her assistant were great. The shots came out beautifully.
    Karen was really the quarterback of our wedding. Several of the vendors we hired were because of her recommendations. They were all fantastic! She and her assistant were professional and friendly from the moment they arrived until they finished. She was invisible during the ceremony and reception, and I'm looking forward to seeing the moments she captured that we missed! We asked her to shoot both digital and medium format film. We can't wait to see the photos!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Hanna · Married on 11/03/2013

Karen managed to capture some of the most beautiful photos of my wedding despite the dark clouds, icy weather and early nightfall. Many of our friends and family have complimented us on the gorgeous color and fabulous images that Karen captured for us. Karen was easy to work with, calm, professional and flexible. Her work was impeccable and I can easily to recommend to another bride.

Sent on 05/01/2014

Marianna · Married on 09/08/2013

Karen was the first vendor we booked. Since we came across her, while looking for wedding photographers, we fall in love with her work! When we met her in person we felt so comfortable and we knew right away she was the perfect photographer for us. Karen has such a calming, sweet personality and always is willing to go the extra mile to accommodate and help. She is very professional and always responsive. Her work is exquisite! We love our pictures and the style of her work. The lighting is amazing and the quality out of this world! We are so happy that we will have Karen's beautiful pictures to embrace and remember our wedding! We couldn't be happier! We highly recommend Karen- her work is timeless!

Sent on 12/31/2013

sarah · Married on 02/17/2012

I skimped on other parts of my wedding in order to be able to get the photographer I'd dreamed of for years -- Karen Wise. Her work is absolutely beautiful and timeless, and I knew that that photos are the one part of the marriage (besides the marriage!) that you'll have forever. It was the best decision I made, hands down.

Karen was a dream to work with. Her photos speak for themselves, really. I was hooked after seeing her online portfolio (and of course she is all over the wedding sites). She was utterly unobtrusive, allowing her to secretly capture all of these amazing moments! I have a photo of my husband that I will treasure forever. I'm usually stiff looking in posed photos, but she even got great photos of me where I am smiling naturally. The photos of us saying our vows are so meaningful - and I didn't even realize she was there!

Besides her photography, she also offers a calm, soothing (and yet hyper-competent presence.) I'm already planning to go to her for baby pictures! Now I just need to have the baby.

Sent on 05/01/2012

Christine · Married on 09/10/2011

While planning our wedding, my husband and I knew we wanted to prioritize photography. We were thrilled when we found Karen. Karen's photography has a beautiful and romantic quality that is unmatched, and she truly captures moments, both big and little. We had Karen shoot our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and wedding day (with an excellent assistant for the wedding weekend), and we were incredibly happy with the results, as were our family and friends.

A bridesmaid wrote "Although it's often hard to capture the true beauty and joy of an event on film, I think your photographer did an amazing job. I loved "reliving" the festivities!" I couldn't have said it better.

Sent on 01/25/2012

Lindsey · Married on 06/11/2011

Karen Wise is a true professional and a true artist. She photographed our June 2011 wedding and our pictures are beautiful! She captured every moment perfectly. When my husband and I looked at our pictures he said, "She made you look like a movie star!" and I think everyone bride should feel that great when looking at their wedding photos. I highly recommend her, she is worth every penny!

Sent on 07/15/2011

Veronica · Married on 03/26/2011

Karen was amazing! She was so professional and helpful from beginning to end. Most importantly, we got so many gorgeous pictures. Karen is so detail oriented, she seemed to notice every detail when she was shooting and it paid off in the pictures. I really couldn't recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Bethany · Married on 10/02/2010

Terrific ! We loved Karen ! She gave us the best wedding gift ... amazing pitures we will have for a lifetime. I can't say enough positive things about her. If you are lucky enough to have her as your photographer, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/10/2011

Pooja · Married on 11/06/2009

I loved working with Karen. First of all, she is just an awesome person. Soft spoken, puts you to ease, really listens, and works on your events just like you want. She is flexible with making changes and doing different shots as needed.

The quality of her work is amazing! She is one of the few photographers that is uses film to photograph. That makes the quality and colors of the pics just vibrant.

We have worked with Karen again to do Food Art for our restaurant recently since our wedding. Loved that work too that is posted on her www.foodandart.com website.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Lindsey · Married on 09/19/2009

Karen was a wonderful wedding photographer. She worked hard to capture important and traditionally unseen moments of our wedding that we will treasure forever. Her professional manner and calm demeanor make her a joy to work with during a potentially stressful time. We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/15/2011

Karen did a great job photographing our wedding. She was also super helpful in helping us create the perfect album. I would totally recommend her!!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Diana · Married on 06/10/2005

Both Karen and her assistant were wonderful. They were everywhere taking pictures of everything and everyone. They were not intrusive at all. The pictures were wonderful. I would recommend Karen to anyone.

Sent on 10/24/2008

Elizabeth · Married on 11/06/2004

Karen is an amazing photographer and was a pleasure to work with in every aspect of the process from shooting the wedding to putting my albums together.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Michael · Married on 08/15/2015

My wife and I hired Karen for our end-of-summer wedding and couldn't have been happier with our choice of photographer. She did so much more than simply snap pictures of our attendees. She paid attention to details in her setups and utilized our venue's natural lighting at dusk. There is an elegance to her shots and she captured the moment of our special day perfectly. She was such a pro and we are so happy we made the choice to use her.

Karen used a second shooter during our event, which had about 130 people. At first I was skeptical we needed one (my wife was not), and we are so glad she did. She met us in person well in advance of our event, so we could get to know one another ahead of the big day.

There were photographers that were less expensive than Karen, but given how important a decision the photographer was to help us remember the day, we felt it was worth it to get one that we knew would be amazing. And she was.

The day went smoothly from start to finish and we got our photographs from her a few weeks after the wedding. We would highly recommend Karen to anyone.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Abby · Married on 08/16/2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Karen and her team for our August 2014 wedding in the Hamptons. Karen was incredibly easy to work with and calming on our big day. She immediately understood the vibe we were hoping to capture through our wedding day pictures, and I'm so glad to say that she really nailed it. We were very concerned with capturing the mood of the day and peoples' personalities, rather than something more formal. We are very happy with the shots (which we constantly relook at in the beautiful album she had made for us). We have so many great memories captured that we have shared with people who are very important in our lives; additionally, we were able to get a couple of great portraits on the more formal side. We are very grateful to have had Karen by our side and would recommend her enthusiastically.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Dear Abby,
    Thank you so much for your detailed review! Your Hamptons wedding was SO beautiful. I'm so happy you had a positive experience with me as your wedding photographer; and I'm so happy you are pleased with the way we captured the vide/mood of the party :) Please don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested in any more pictures, I loved working with you and your families.
    Best,

Amy · Married on 06/03/2011

Working with Karen was great. Her and her assistant did a great job. I had a lot of suggestions and they covered all my needs. Great photojournalism mixed with good setup family shots. I love black and white film so that got some great shots Also, I got my photos within 3 weeks which a lot of people told me is very rare.

Sent on 07/06/2011

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2015

Karen and her assistant took the most beautiful photos at our wedding. I hired Karen because I loved her clean and artistic photos. I am a wedding photographer as well, so I was pretty selective with choosing the right person for our wedding. My whole family and I are very impressed with how the photos turned out.

Sent on 12/29/2015