Karen Rodkey Cakes Reviews

261 | Littlestown, PA

261 Reviews for Karen Rodkey Cakes

• User1594403

Karen is incredibly creative an her cakes are beautiful. Everything about our cake was great!

Sent on 08/28/2012
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 02/29/2020

Best wedding cake ever!

Cake testing and creating this masterpiece with Karen was the absolute BEST PART of our wedding planning process!
    She mixed and matched cake flavors and three different fillings and the results were simply incredible and delicious!
    Guests are still raving about the cake and we’ve heard “best wedding cake ever” more than once ;)

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Bailey

Bailey · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing cakes!

Booked Karen Rodkey Cakes for our wedding and will definitely be suing her for future events. We went with a small cake and lots of cupcakes for our special day. Our favorite was the margarita cake! We went to Karen's for the tasting and had a wonderful experience all around. We highly recommend using her for your wedding!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Jon

Jon Snyder · Married on 09/21/2019

Delicious Cake

Karen is an amazing baker. The cake she made for our wedding was beautiful, affordable, and delicious. Many of our wedding guests gave us high praise and complements on how good the cake was. I’m not normally much of a cake person myself, but I kept going back for more.

I would 100% recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Robert

Robert · Married on 08/10/2019

The best cake we have tasted in years!

We cannot thank our venue enough for suggesting Karen Rodkey Bakery. She has so many different types of cake to taste that it was extremely difficult to narrow down the selection to decide on what we wanted to taste test. She made us feel welcome the moment we stepped into the door. We took ideas of what we thought we wanted for the cake and then she added suggestions to make the cake look even better. The cake turned out looking fantastic. We are still getting compliments from our guests about how delicious the cake was. We would suggest her to anyone who wants a great cake on a budget.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Meagan

Meagan Root · Married on 04/26/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

The cake and cupcakes were SO SO SO DELICIOUS! Just melted in our mouths. Our first bite after we cut the cake, our mouths were so happy!!! Beautiful and tasteful work!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Sabrina · Married on 02/15/2019

Simply Scrumptious

I live in CA and was having a wedding in PA, only there one day for planning. Karen prepped the flavors I wanted and had them delivered to my venue so I could try them at my leisure. She gave me a phonecall to talk about decoration and to make sure I had exactly what I wanted. She made us two different flavors for each layer and they were both excellent. (I personally recommend the lemon chambord!)

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 12/29/2018

Delicious and beautiful!

Our cake was fabulous as was our entire experience with Karen. It is worth noting that Karen doesn't respond to e-mails, but answers every phone call! Everyone talked about how delicious our cake was and how GORGEOUS it looked. We are thrilled with our decision to go with Karen; she's the best for a reason!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Jaaz · Married on 11/21/2018

Karen is great!

Karen was wonderful from the moment we met her. She brought us into her home for our tasting, where she had prepared an assortment of small cakes. She took the time to talk with us and gave us more options than we knew existed (combining multiple cakes in the same layer, for example), and she was flexible when we changed our minds about the cake's appearance in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Also, the cake was DELICIOUS in addition to looking just the way we hoped it would. Please go to Karen!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Krystie

Krystie · Married on 10/27/2018

A cake to die for!

Karen did such a wonderful job with our cake, it was beautiful and delicious! Spice Cake, Apple Cinnamon, and Carrot Cake were our flavors and we could have kept going with all of her choices! She was so great to work with and did such a perfect job with decorating our cake that we would highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2018

The most amazing cake we’ve ever had!

Karen Rodkey Cakes are out of this WORLD amazing!! Karen’s attention to detail in her decorating is unmatched. We chose a three-tiered cake, with strawberry shortcake, chocolate peanut butter, and marble with chocolate ganache, each in one tier. Our guests raved about each of the flavors! We could not have been happier with the incredible cake we received from Karen.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Anya · Married on 08/05/2018

Karen was a doll to work with!!! Especially when my partner and I decided to change our cake design a month before the wedding, not only was she all right with it (saying jokingly it happens a lot), but made sure we went over all the details a week before to make sure we got exactly what we wanted! She even helped add on a surprise or two on the cake for my partner as a wedding gift! All our guests raved about her cake and cupcakes, so yes, we would highly recommend her looking for one of a kind, delicious and reasonable wedding cakes!!!

Sent on 08/22/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/21/2018

Delightful and delicious!

We were delighted by every part of putting our wedding cake Karen’s hands. She is lovely and wonderful to work with and the cake was perfect! It was beautifully decorated, getting it done and delivered required zero effort from us, and it was delicious! One of the most complimented aspects of the wedding. We went with three tiers of one layer chocolate, one layer confetti so every piece had both flavors.

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Ariane

Ariane · Married on 06/08/2018

Best cake we’ve ever eaten!!

Karen was awesome! We met with her for a tasting of several flavors of her cakes a few months before the wedding. I think we ended up ordering almost every flavor we sampled for the wedding. We ended up with four flavors. Everyone raved about the cake. Our wedding was 6 months ago and people still will mention how good the cake was at our wedding. Karen made us a medium size decorated cake and then several sheet cakes to save money. ( No one knows the difference.) Also, it was as beautiful as it was delicious!!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Debbie

Debbie Louey-Zepp · Married on 05/19/2018

Tasty and Beautifully Displayed

Fantastic cake and cupcakes!!! Very flavorful and pretty. It was moist and flavorful even after being in the freezer for our first year anniversary.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Taylor · Married on 04/14/2018

Hands down, the best cake that I have EVER had. We had a different flavor for each tier and even had a separate Anniversary cake made because we wanted our guests to be able to try all of the flavors. This is the only person I will ever buy cakes from again for any occasion. Not only was the taste of the cake phenomenal, but the cake was perfect and everything that I had imagined it to be. She added the burlap and floral accents to make it look like our dream wedding cake. Very flexible, very easy to communicate with, and very professional.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Karen's cakes are the most amazing delicacies you will ever have. The most difficult part we had was deciding which one of her favors to have on our cake. There was not one person at our wedding who didn't love our cake, and we couldn't wait to devour our topper. I can't wait to get a new cake each year for our wedding anniversary.

Sent on 11/09/2017
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 09/23/2017

Karen is a consummate professional, and was super easy to work with. She executed our vision perfectly and her cakes are delicious on top of that! Definitely try the almond! We could not more highly recommend Karen Rodkey Cakes!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Casey · Married on 08/12/2017

Our wedding cake made by Karen Rodkey was absolutely amazing!!! She made my Pinterest idea a reality and it tasted phenomenal!! Karen was able to make two of my tiers gluten free and it tasted better than anything I’ve ever eaten!

Sent on 09/30/2017
  • Lexi

Alexis · Married on 07/15/2017

Our cake was perfect!!! She was willing to have each layer of our cake different flavors (including funfetti!) Everyone complemented how great it tasted. She also made it look exactly how we wanted it. So happy with our decision to book Karen for our cake! She is very talented!! My fiance and I really enjoyed the cake tasting too. She had a lot of samples of wedding cakes, which made our decision for the design of our cake so easy.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Courtney · Married on 04/15/2017

Cross something off your to do list quickly by just choosing Karen Rodkey cakes. I went to a few tastings in Central PA and Maryland, and Karen's cakes are by far the most delicious. Karen is also extremely professional and responsive. I had a four tiered cake with carrot cake, chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, lemon with raspberry chambourd (the best!!) and strawberries n' cream. Each flavor was delicious. The cake itself was beautiful.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Mary Beth · Married on 12/10/2016

Karen is amazing! She's incredibly talented and most importantly the cake is delicious!!! The cake tasting was such a fun appointment and I couldn't believe how she took my vision and put in on paper so easily. Everyone raved about both the beauty and the taste of the cake and we could not have been happier.

Sent on 12/20/2016
  • Nefferini

Carol · Married on 11/05/2016

Absolutely the best cake you will ever have in your entire life. All that for MUCH cheaper than you could get anywhere else for something even close. Gorgeous cake and holy smokes the taste is out of this world!!! Love love love!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Laura · Married on 10/23/2016

Karen Rodkey made the cake for our October 23rd, 2016 wedding and she was exactly the right choice. Her cake designs are beautiful and she created a fall leaves cake that perfectly fit our autumn wedding. Her cake tasting provided much more than expected- not only did she give us generous samples of the flavors we chose, she offered expert advice and suggestions to help us get the cake we wanted. We choose two flavors and a cake that would allow guests to have both flavors in each slice. Our guests really loved having the opportunity to taste both flavors and all said it was the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted. Thank you!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Ali · Married on 09/18/2016

Karen was fantastic to work with and her cakes are delicious. Our wedding had over 250 guests and she was able to make the most beautiful cake without breaking our budget! From our initial meeting we were able to nail down our flavors (3 different flavors) and complete our cake design. When the cake was delivered it was perfect! Exactly what I wanted and almost too pretty to eat! When all our guests had the cake they said it was absolutely amazing and I have to agree. We are so excited to enjoy our top tier on our first anniversary next year!

Sent on 11/01/2016