Karen Rodkey Cakes Reviews

Karen Rodkey Cakes 5
Karen Rodkey Cakes 6
Karen Rodkey Cakes 7
  • User1594403 ·

Karen is incredibly creative an her cakes are beautiful. Everything about our cake was great!

• Colleen

Colleen · Married on 12/29/2018

Delicious and beautiful!

Our cake was fabulous as was our entire experience with Karen. It is worth noting that Karen doesn't respond to e-mails, but answers every phone call! Everyone talked about how delicious our cake was and how GORGEOUS it looked. We are thrilled with our decision to go with Karen; she's the best for a reason!

Jaaz · Married on 11/21/2018

Karen is great!

Karen was wonderful from the moment we met her. She brought us into her home for our tasting, where she had prepared an assortment of small cakes. She took the time to talk with us and gave us more options than we knew existed (combining multiple cakes in the same layer, for example), and she was flexible when we changed our minds about the cake's appearance in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Also, the cake was DELICIOUS in addition to looking just the way we hoped it would. Please go to Karen!

• Krystie

Krystie · Married on 10/27/2018

A cake to die for!

Karen did such a wonderful job with our cake, it was beautiful and delicious! Spice Cake, Apple Cinnamon, and Carrot Cake were our flavors and we could have kept going with all of her choices! She was so great to work with and did such a perfect job with decorating our cake that we would highly recommend her to anyone for any occasion!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2018

The most amazing cake we’ve ever had!

Karen Rodkey Cakes are out of this WORLD amazing!! Karen’s attention to detail in her decorating is unmatched. We chose a three-tiered cake, with strawberry shortcake, chocolate peanut butter, and marble with chocolate ganache, each in one tier. Our guests raved about each of the flavors! We could not have been happier with the incredible cake we received from Karen.

Anya · Married on 08/05/2018

Karen was a doll to work with!!! Especially when my partner and I decided to change our cake design a month before the wedding, not only was she all right with it (saying jokingly it happens a lot), but made sure we went over all the details a week before to make sure we got exactly what we wanted! She even helped add on a surprise or two on the cake for my partner as a wedding gift! All our guests raved about her cake and cupcakes, so yes, we would highly recommend her looking for one of a kind, delicious and reasonable wedding cakes!!!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 07/21/2018

Delightful and delicious!

We were delighted by every part of putting our wedding cake Karen’s hands. She is lovely and wonderful to work with and the cake was perfect! It was beautifully decorated, getting it done and delivered required zero effort from us, and it was delicious! One of the most complimented aspects of the wedding. We went with three tiers of one layer chocolate, one layer confetti so every piece had both flavors.

Karen Rodkey Cakes 8
  • Ariane

Ariane · Married on 06/08/2018

Best cake we’ve ever eaten!!

Karen was awesome! We met with her for a tasting of several flavors of her cakes a few months before the wedding. I think we ended up ordering almost every flavor we sampled for the wedding. We ended up with four flavors. Everyone raved about the cake. Our wedding was 6 months ago and people still will mention how good the cake was at our wedding. Karen made us a medium size decorated cake and then several sheet cakes to save money. ( No one knows the difference.) Also, it was as beautiful as it was delicious!!

Taylor · Married on 04/14/2018

Hands down, the best cake that I have EVER had. We had a different flavor for each tier and even had a separate Anniversary cake made because we wanted our guests to be able to try all of the flavors. This is the only person I will ever buy cakes from again for any occasion. Not only was the taste of the cake phenomenal, but the cake was perfect and everything that I had imagined it to be. She added the burlap and floral accents to make it look like our dream wedding cake. Very flexible, very easy to communicate with, and very professional.

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Karen's cakes are the most amazing delicacies you will ever have. The most difficult part we had was deciding which one of her favors to have on our cake. There was not one person at our wedding who didn't love our cake, and we couldn't wait to devour our topper. I can't wait to get a new cake each year for our wedding anniversary.

• Deanna

Deanna · Married on 09/23/2017

Karen is a consummate professional, and was super easy to work with. She executed our vision perfectly and her cakes are delicious on top of that! Definitely try the almond! We could not more highly recommend Karen Rodkey Cakes!

Casey · Married on 08/12/2017

Our wedding cake made by Karen Rodkey was absolutely amazing!!! She made my Pinterest idea a reality and it tasted phenomenal!! Karen was able to make two of my tiers gluten free and it tasted better than anything I’ve ever eaten!

Karen Rodkey Cakes 9
  • Lexi

Alexis · Married on 07/15/2017

Our cake was perfect!!! She was willing to have each layer of our cake different flavors (including funfetti!) Everyone complemented how great it tasted. She also made it look exactly how we wanted it. So happy with our decision to book Karen for our cake! She is very talented!! My fiance and I really enjoyed the cake tasting too. She had a lot of samples of wedding cakes, which made our decision for the design of our cake so easy.

Karen Rodkey Cakes 10

Courtney · Married on 04/15/2017

Cross something off your to do list quickly by just choosing Karen Rodkey cakes. I went to a few tastings in Central PA and Maryland, and Karen's cakes are by far the most delicious. Karen is also extremely professional and responsive. I had a four tiered cake with carrot cake, chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, lemon with raspberry chambourd (the best!!) and strawberries n' cream. Each flavor was delicious. The cake itself was beautiful.

Mary Beth · Married on 12/10/2016

Karen is amazing! She's incredibly talented and most importantly the cake is delicious!!! The cake tasting was such a fun appointment and I couldn't believe how she took my vision and put in on paper so easily. Everyone raved about both the beauty and the taste of the cake and we could not have been happier.

• Nefferini

Carol · Married on 11/05/2016

Absolutely the best cake you will ever have in your entire life. All that for MUCH cheaper than you could get anywhere else for something even close. Gorgeous cake and holy smokes the taste is out of this world!!! Love love love!

Laura · Married on 10/23/2016

Karen Rodkey made the cake for our October 23rd, 2016 wedding and she was exactly the right choice. Her cake designs are beautiful and she created a fall leaves cake that perfectly fit our autumn wedding. Her cake tasting provided much more than expected- not only did she give us generous samples of the flavors we chose, she offered expert advice and suggestions to help us get the cake we wanted. We choose two flavors and a cake that would allow guests to have both flavors in each slice. Our guests really loved having the opportunity to taste both flavors and all said it was the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted. Thank you!

Ali · Married on 09/18/2016

Karen was fantastic to work with and her cakes are delicious. Our wedding had over 250 guests and she was able to make the most beautiful cake without breaking our budget! From our initial meeting we were able to nail down our flavors (3 different flavors) and complete our cake design. When the cake was delivered it was perfect! Exactly what I wanted and almost too pretty to eat! When all our guests had the cake they said it was absolutely amazing and I have to agree. We are so excited to enjoy our top tier on our first anniversary next year!

Karen's cakes are absolutely wonderful! Her cake tasting was delicious, so much so that we chose every flavor we tried! She is flexible in the flavor layering that you can have, and accommodates all your tasty desires!! She did a great job giving us the decoration that fell inline with our theme and style. Highly recommend Karen. :)

Tara · Married on 07/03/2016

Best cake ever! Karen allowed us to mix two flavors and it was amazing! Our cake was very simple and Karen was very helpful with staying in our budget and making sure our cake was as simple as we wanted! You have to taste these cakes! Totally worth the money! She also added fresh flowers from our florists the day of the wedding! So stress free! She delivered straight to our venue! ( Liberty Mountain Resort)

Emily · Married on 07/02/2016

The cake was absolutely beautiful - we brought Karen an idea of what we wanted from Pinterest and she replicated the parts we loved and then improved upon the design. Since our wedding colors were seafoam and gold, she did an ombre 4-tiered cake (dark to light) with cascading gold sugar flowers down the side.

The flavor was equally wonderful! She was flexible and did a complex combination of chocolate, vanilla, cheesecake filling, and fresh raspberries to exactly match what we asked for.

All of the guests loved the cake! Even people who don't normally like cake commented on how tasty it was.

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2016

Our cake was fabulous. Many people complimented me about our cake at the wedding and even weeks after the wedding. She did such a great job capturing the simplicity and delicate designs we were hoping to have on our cake. Her flavoring is fabulous and we hope to have another occasion to buy a cake from Karen. She is such a sweet lady!

Met with Karen for wedding cake consultation. She had 3 mini cakes prepared for my fiance and myself. They were the most delicious cakes I have ever tasted and I'm not really a cake lover but I am in love with those mini cakes. We decided to go with all three flavors. Karen is going to arrange them so that the guests get a bit of each flavor which I think is just an amazing idea. I can not wait to see my cake this June. I know it will look amazing. I already know it tastes incredible. Thank you Karen.

• User4196407 · 2+ years ago

Most delicious cakes ever! I knew I had to go with Karen after having a piece of my cousin's wedding cake, which she did, when I quickly finished my piece then scanned the room for extras! I received so many compliments on the cake, and I cannot wait to pull out that top tier we saved for our anniversary! Plus, it was absolutely beautiful, and she executed my vision wonderfully! I was also surprised by how affordable it was considering the design elements I wanted!

Amber · Married on 06/04/2016

Karen was AMAZING. Our cake was absolutely gorgeous and I literally lost count of how many people raved over the taste of it. The tasting we had with her was awesome as well. She prepared mini cakes for us and we got to take the leftovers home! I can't say enough good words about her cakes.