Karen Engebretson Reviews

18 | Kansas City, MO

18 Reviews for Karen Engebretson

Lacey · Married on 08/19/2017

Karen made everything so easy! The music was wonderful and fit the ceremony perfect

Sent on 09/16/2017
  • Sarah Nugent

Sarah · Married on 05/30/2015

Wow. Karen is the woman you want for your ceremony music. She is professional, unobtrusive, helpful, and makes everything go smoothly from behind the scenes on your special day! And she is a wonderful, wonderful organist/pianist and vocalist. I was told there were some people in the crowd that were convinced that we played a recording because she sounded so great! THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • User4196649 · 2+ years ago

Karen's voice and music were absolutely amazing and were by far one of my favorite parts of our wedding day. Every time we watch our video I love hearing her sing, she has the voice of an angel. Many of our guests commented highly on her after the ceremony. I would highly recommend her services to all brides.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2012

Karen provided the music for my marriage ceremony at a Catholic Church in Kansas City (OLPH on Broadway). She was a DREAM to work with. She was extremely familiar with all of the music that we wanted to use during the ceremony and not only played the organ for accompaniment, but ALSO sang. She met with my husband and I two times before the ceremony where we reviewed not only the music selections for the service, but the flow of the entire service. She arrived on my wedding day and without needing any direction from me was set up and playing when guests began arriving for the service. Any bride knows that a vendor that knowns their trade, requires little direction, and does anything they can to help make your wedding day easier are worth their weight in gold!

I'd like to make a note about Karen's skills as a vocalist and musician. She plays both the piano and organ beautifully (I believe she plays other instruments as well but I've personally heard her piano and organ skills). Her voice is the voice of angels. I actually first met her because I heard her sing during a service and simply wanted to shake her hand and thank her for sharing her beautiful voice.

In short, not only is she a dream wedding vendor because she knows what brides need, she's also a dream musician/vocalist.

Kim · Married on 09/15/2012

Karen helped us to choose songs that fit our wedding and what we invisioned for our day. She played beautifully and she was everything We were looking for in a musician!!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Karen played the organ for our wedding, and she was amazing! It sounded exactly like what I had dreamed of when the doors opened for me to walk down the aisle.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2012

Book Karen. Not only was she a great value, but her music, both organ playing and as a vocalist, was incredible. She was most helpful in assisting me with our ceremony selections as well.

Sent on 08/24/2012

Music was great. We had no problem working with her at all. We would recommend her for other weddings

• User4196482 · 2+ years ago

Karen was wonderful! She was professional with the other musicians and filled my wedding with beautiful music.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Jane · Married on 05/19/2012

She was wonderful, and her music was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 07/05/2014

Niki · Married on 05/12/2012

The music Karen played for my wedding was gorgeous. The setting was a very large old Catholic Church and she was able to fill it with the most beautiful music. My brother and good friend sang and she provided well-timed and well-paced accompaniment. I would recommend Karen to anyone for their event!

• User4199257 · 2+ years ago

Thanks so much Karen Engebretson, you were just amazing!! The organ was just beautiful as well as your vocals. I also thank you for recommending the violinist who was also just wonderful. I can't thank you enough, if you need an musician for your wedding PICK KAREN ENGEBRETSON!

Melissa · Married on 11/19/2011

We loved having Karen play for our wedding!

Jenna · Married on 09/10/2011

Karen did a beautiful job at our wedding. She was very easy to work with in picking out the music as well. We highly recommend her.

Lindsay · Married on 05/21/2011

She did a great job! Showed up and was reasonable.

4.2

Our priest recommended Karen for our wedding ceremony music. The music was lovely and she worked well with the other musician we had sing at our wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Samsara · Married on 05/07/2011

3.5

1) Communication via Email: She was excellant pre- booking, after booking, but 1 month prior to the wedding, in which i wanted to confirm the additional trumpeteer, and also have her make sure she knew what the ceremony program was--- No prompt replies at all.
    As a consequence, she was unaware that we had an extra reading in the church ceremony, and hence started to play as that was starting. Had she read our emails , that probably wouldnt have happened.

2) Talent: For her vocal talent: 5 stars or more stars.
    Her organist skills: 5 stars
    Her trumpeterr: 3 1/2 stars--- he didn't play very much during the ceremony, primarily he played for the Bridal March Processional (I would have liked him to play for the Bridal party as well) and the recessional, and an Alleluia

3) Her price is reasonable

4) She was tremendously helpful knowing how the Redemptorist Church runs... esp since the Church doesn't really have a coordinator.

Sent on 06/02/2011