Kara Gwyn Photography Reviews

13 Reviews for Kara Gwyn Photography

• Dylan

Dylan G. · Married on 09/22/2020

Engagement Photos

Kara helped make the best weekend of my life a reality!!

She was patient through many ups and downs during scheduling and was incredibly professional in handling some of the curve balls thrown at us from our venue. Kara was so passionate about her work and this was directly reflected in the quality and result of the photos. I couldn't ask for a better person to work with, my fiance and I felt relaxed and focused on the engagement shoot, Kara had everything else covered. I will try and hire Kara again as our wedding photographer. I can't stress it enough, Kara was such a pleasure to work with, and most importantly a very real and genuine person.

If you're reading this review look no further, hire Kara she is amazing!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Kara Gwyn Photography's reply:

Awe, thank you so much for the kind words Dylan & Nicole! It was a blast working with your bright spirits in gorgeous wine country. I really appreciated your enthusiasm for our creative photo session. I wish you both all the best and I hope to work with you again!

Mark F. · Married on 09/13/2020

Highly recommend Kara

Kara helped pull off a surprise proposal, not an easy thing to do!!! She went above and beyond to capture the moment, and was so easy to work with. Took pictures for over and hour of not just the proposal but friends and family afterwards. Thank you again!!

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • Laura

Laura E. · Married on 07/11/2020

Best photographer ever!

We could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day! Kara is incredibly sweet, professional & has amazing ideas! By the end of the day, every one of our family members was asking for her card to hire her for future events. I would not have changed a single thing & I know the results will be incredible. Cannot say enough about how wonderful she is!!!

Sent on 07/14/2020

Bre D. · Married on 03/05/2020

Wonderful Wedding Photographer!!

Kara is an amazing photographer and was instrumental in making our wedding day truly special. She is super creative and very accommodating. It can be awkward doing photos, but Kara’s friendly and laid back demeanor made our photo session fun and relaxed! The photos turned out great and we couldn’t be happier. Without any reservations, we would recommend Kara to anyone seeking a true professional to help memorialize and capture their special day!

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn F. · Married on 10/10/2019

Simply Amazing

Kara was an amazing photographer. Since this was an elopement and we are not from San Francisco it was important to find someone who would be willing to run around the whole city with us, while keeping in mind how important these photos would be to our family since they were not there. From the beginning, she took the time to get to know us and our story. The day we got married was the first time we met Kara, I was a little nervous hiring a photographer I never met halfway across the US. From the beginning to end communication with Kara was seamless. I highly recommend Kara to capture your special day. We didn't hire a photographer we hired a friend we hadn't met yet. Thank you Kara for following your passion, we will cherish our photos and memories with you forever!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Kara Gwyn Photography's reply:

Jaclyn it was such an honor to photograph your fairytale elopement! I absolutely loved traipsing around the city with the two of you. Your energy together warmed my heart and lit up my camera. Working with the two of you and enjoying a day full of laughs and gorgeous backdrops is one of the major reasons I love my job! Congratulations to you both and thanks again for choosing me to be the one lucky guest at your wedding :)
  • Y

Yashar · Married on 09/11/2019

Couldn't ask for anything better!

Words cannot communicate how grateful I feel for finding Kara. I was new to the Bay Area and clueless to where would be a good location for the proposal. Kara patiently helped me with finding my favorite spot, planing the photo shoot (she has cool strategies to keep it a surprise lol), and executing perfectly. My fiancé had no idea Kara was taking pictures from us until after I proposed. Of course then Kara had all these amazing recommended poses that actually came out magical. Pictures look amazing. So many nice ones that we can't choose which one we want to show to people, so we have to show all of them lol. So so happy with everything! Thank you so much Kara!!!

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Yuriy

Yuriy T. · Married on 07/20/2019

Artistic Photographer

My Wife and I had a wonderful time with Kara. She was professional and responsive. Her work is memorable for years to come. Kara is an artist who has the imagination to pair unique scenery, poses and colors into artistic and fun photos worth framing.

Sent on 09/06/2019

Kara Gwyn Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Yuriy! It was truly wonderful getting to know you and Yelena. You two are such a sweet couple and I appreciate the warmth that you and your family welcomed me with. Thanks for having me there to document your special day! Wishing you both all the best :)

Sarah D. · Married on 03/01/2019

Wonderful wedding photographer!!

We booked Kara for our small spring wedding in March and she was great from start to finish! Kara is so easy to work with and made us feel at ease for the full shoot. She was kind enough to drive us to our locations and was enthusiastic about where to shoot! Kara is flexible and generous with her time - She sent us hundreds of photos from five locations in a four hour slot! I would recommend her for any occasion!!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Kara Gwyn Photography's reply:

I had so much fun with you two! Thanks for being such troopers as we traipsed around SF and the Marin Headlands for our amazing photo session! I'm so happy you are as thrilled about your photos as I am :) Thank you for the kind words and I wish you all the best!
  • Kami

Kami L. · Married on 04/09/2018

Beautiful and unique images

Kara was a dream to work with! She went above and beyond our expectations, directed my husband and I for lovely photos that weren't stale or predictable and my favorite was the shots she took of our friends and family enjoying their time together on our special day.

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • CassandraandNathanwedding

Benay · Married on 05/28/2017

MOB (mother-of-bride) - Kara was terrific to work with!

Kara was terrific to work with for our daughter's wedding!! Kara really listened to what each of us wanted and made sure to get beautiful photos with different groupings of family and friends in various settings. We highly recommend Kara and hope you enjoy working with her as much as we did.

Sent on 01/26/2020

Nicholas · Married on 06/22/2013

Amazing talent and attitude!

Kara is so easy to get along with that we really felt like she ought to be a guest at the wedding. She's professional yet warm, and we felt lucky to have had her as our photographer.

Sent on 01/07/2020

Annette · Married on 09/22/2012

Fantastic photographer for my (pre-Covid) wedding!

Kara was the best photographer I could have imagined for our intimate daytime wedding. From our first meeting, she communicated clearly and was receptive to the ideas I had about what I wanted, and took off from there to take incredible photos. She took the most beautiful pictures of our first look, ceremony, flowers, reception- in short, everything! She has a great eye for detail and captured some of the best moments of the day, like when I forgot my bouquet during the ceremony and afterwards my mom dashed up to hand it to me so I would have it for at least part of the wedding! I'm going to treasure those photos. As an added bonus, she was so friendly and fit in so well that it really felt like she belonged as a part of our wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2020

Mike · Married on 12/01/2011

We hit a HOMERUN when we contacted Kara. She is warm, friendly and she knows her stuff! She fit right in with our families and it was like she wasn't even there really. She directed us in a way that didn't make us feel controlled, it was all quite natural. I would recommend her the the pickiest of brides or grooms - she's got the right stuff! Out of 100% we'd seriously give her 100%!!

Sent on 01/18/2012