Kansas City Rhythm Kings Reviews

4 | Portland, OR

4 Reviews for Kansas City Rhythm Kings

• David

David Erwin · Married on 04/06/2019

The best swinging jazz band you could get!

We were so blown away by the level of professionalism and the incredible performance/mc by Kansas City Rhythm Kings!!! We hired them as a 6 piece arrangement for swing/jazz and could not be happier. They were all dressed up in matching suits and had title boards in front of them (so you didn't have to see all the cords and set up, etc) which we were pleasantly surprised! They played all of our requests and more! The band leader, Brad, and their manager, Sue, were especially great in communication and organization - I didn't have to worry about a thing! Brad even showed up EARLY to scope out the location and make sure everything was smooth in set-up. The one thing, is they played the wrong song for our first dance. It was supposed to be The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra but they instead played Come Fly With Me. I think it was just a glitch but it ended up working out since my husband and were very fast/upbeat (and terrible) dancers LOL! All in all, we had a spectacular night, our guests were in awe, and I would hire them again in a heartbeat if I could.

Sent on 04/23/2019

jessi · Married on 11/13/2015

My new husband and I could not have imagined a better band for our wedding. Not only us, but all our guests complemented us on our choice of band and were strongly impressed with their talent and how beautiful they sounded. They even complemented us on our choice of wedding song to dance to. They are really nice people and I would use them over and over again. We really appreciate how well they did to make our wedding beautiful and sound amazing during our dance and while others danced as well. Thank you!
    Review by Jessi S. FROM SALEM, OR ON 11/12/2015

Sent on 04/26/2017

Nadia · Married on 06/21/2014

This band was one of the highlights of our night!! They were very professional and played amazing music. Our guests equally enjoyed the music and the dance floor was packed the entire night. The band leader, Brad, played our favorite music and even learned a couple of songs for us!!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Jackie · Married on 09/13/2015

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

The band sound was awesome, they were dressed to the nines. We had some issues with the breaks - they were a little longer than stated, and they were supposed to play an iPod so there wasn't any awkward silence. They didn't play the iPod, there was awkward silence, and as a result some of our guests left early and as the bride I was pretty pissed.

But they were super affordable and sounded good and I would maybe just like, instead of paying them for their ipod use, just ask if you can use your own iPod and create a playlist for the breaks.

Sent on 12/05/2015