Kamuela Kahoano Reviews

7 | Honolulu, HI

7 Reviews for Kamuela Kahoano

• Catherine

Catherine Chen · Married on 03/23/2019

You'd Be Lucky to Book Him!

Kamuela was very friendly and easy to work with. I love his style of music and my guests kept telling me how great he was. He's got versatility and can adjust accordingly to whatever the audience is feeling. I'm glad I didn't go with an iPod playlist. A wedding can easily add up, but this was worth it! I can't wait to go back to Hawaii and see him perform again.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Renee & · Married on 05/21/2016

When my husband and I were looking for music for our wedding night, we knew we didn't want a DJ, but wanted a single musician who could provide the ambiance of what we were looking for. Kamuela was recommended to us by a friend and we listened to his performances and knew we wanted to hire him. His spectrum of what he can achieve is incredible. We are thankful for him meeting with us multiple times, out of his busy schedule, to work with us on the songs and any changes we wanted. We had our wedding at Secret Island on Oahu and the reception was at Hale Moli'i. He performed at the ceremony and at the reception. The transition from one venue to the next was smooth. Our guests were blown away by his voice, his presence, his range of genres. He even surprised our guests with compilations of songs that made people turn their heads. We had a list of a few songs we wanted to hear, but trusted him with songs from the 80s, 90s, modern, his own songs, and Hawaiian songs. Kamuela was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. Many of our guests came up to me throughout the night to compliment and ask about him. When I look back on our wedding day, I think of what it signified and all the details that went into the night. Kamuela is one of those beautiful details that really made the night.

Sent on 06/05/2016

What can I say....my husband and I love music and we searched for a musician....not a wedding singer.....a true musician for our small intimate wedding on Oahu Hawaii. When I found Kamuela I immidiatly emailed him and he got back to me so fast. He truly wants to make people happy and is honored to be a part of such a special day. At our wedding he was so amazing. He catered to our guests requests and deliver in every way. Every guest commented about how amazing he was. After our wedding we requested to see him perform if he was going to play anywhere during our stay in Oahu. He was gracious enough to let us know that he would be playing at a venue where we went to see him perform. Kamuela made a point to come and sit with us after his set was over and spent an hour chatting and buying us a drink. He has a special soul, loves all people and especially loves what he does. Kamuela is priceless and we were lucky to have him.

Sent on 03/18/2016

Andrew · Married on 01/16/2016

When we first started planning our wedding, my Bride was firmly in the "we need a DJ" camp, while I had my feet planted in the "we should have live music" camp. After weighing pros and cons, we finally decided on having live music for our reception and then went about the task of finding GOOD music! We were pretty set on hiring someone with more local flavor (read: ukulele/guitar style) and I came across Kamuela's numerous videos online. I was SUPER impressed with his skills as a musician, and I found myself playing his song "Indie Man" over and over and over again on YouTube. We initially thought he would be way out of our budget, so we decided to try contacting some other musicians.

That didn't go well. Either we didn't get responses, or we just weren't happy with the quality of responses and music, and I kept bringing myself back to Kamuela and his music. We decided to send an e-mail his way and I sure am glad we did. He was insanely easy to work with, extremely accommodating and flexible, and after a few details from us, we were confirmed and ready to go. Upon the day of, he arrived almost on time (Island time!) and was ready to go. He played 4+ hours for our reception, everything from classics to Hawaiian music all the way to requests from the crowd, Kamuela came ready to rock and it showed! He put on a seriously impressive show, even singing Bohemian Rhapsody while the crowd sung along!

I am not overstretching this at all by saying we had 100 people at our wedding, and every single person came away asking about Kamuela and saying how impressed they were. If you're on the fence about hiring him, all I have to say is do it, I would hire him for my life soundtrack if I could, LOL. He is great at what he does and he loves it, and what's so good about these two things is it shows immediately when he hits the mic. Thank you again for making our day/night so unforgettable!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Kamuela was seriously perfect. He played and sang beautifully. As a musician, I was very particular about the music at the wedding, and could not have been more impressed with Kameula. I'd recommend him without hesitation to anyone planning a wedding within an area he'd travel to.

Sent on 03/08/2015
  • F

ANA · Married on 03/20/2012

Kamuela performed the music during our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We weren't sure of what should be played but he made great recommendations. We pretty much just told him what we didn't want to hear and let him choose what he wanted to play during cocktail hour. My husband and I were taking photos off site during the cocktail hour so we weren't able to enjoy the music but our guests all said that he did an excellent job. Since it was a small wedding, we felt it was a good choice to hire a single musician to provide the music for our ceremony and cocktail hour.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Kristy · Married on 08/01/2011

Kamuela played for our ceremony and reception. He is an AMAZING musician and I would highly recommend him for anyone getting married in Hawaii. You won't be disappointed and he can pretty much do anything you want, including DJ. His CD "Stream Dreams" has become the soundtrack for our wedding and honeymoon so anytime we hear his songs, we are reminded of our time spent in Hawaii for our wedding. He definitely surpassed our expectations.

Sent on 06/13/2012