Kai-Photo Hawaii Reviews

51 Reviews for Kai-Photo Hawaii

• Rayna

Rayna Nitta · Married on 10/05/2019

The Complete Package :)

Deciding to go with Kai-Photo Hawaii for our engagement and wedding photography was a decision we will never regret. Leading up to it, we did a lot of research, contacted a handful of photographers, and met with a few including Visionari and Mike Pham Photography. It was hard to decide because there are so many highly recommended photographers out there. We hired Kai-Photo because after meeting Kyler, we felt that we found someone personable, exceptionally skilled and truly dedicated to their art, genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple, and easy to work with. We aren’t camera people, so having a photographer we felt comfortable around and could trust was incredibly important to us. On top of all of that, we don’t know of anyone who does panoramic crystal albums the way Kai-Photo does.

From the first time we contacted Kai-Photo and throughout the months that followed, Kyler responded quickly and meticulously answered all of our questions. We were planning our wedding by ourselves in a short span of time, so having someone who communicates well like Kyler really helped to diffuse some of the stress. The way he gave us information, suggestions, and timeline deadlines in manageable chunks showed us how organized, knowledgeable, and experienced he was. Kyler worked with us to create a wedding photography timeline that would get us the shots that we wanted in the amount of time we had, suggested efficient ways to get photos with all our guests in the amount of space we would have, and even offered to look at our reception program for us when we mentioned that we weren’t sure if the timing was right. Talk about going the extra mile, and we found that this work ethic also showed in the photos that Kai-Photo took and processed for us.

Kyler worked around our schedules to do a two-location engagement photo shoot that told our story, even accommodating that the locations were farther apart than what would be normally recommended for the time constraint. This was our first experience with a professional photographer so we were nervous, but Kyler was able to help us feel comfortable. He balanced giving us solid directions with asking for our input regarding special poses or backgrounds. It ended up being a super fun experience, and it was neat that Kyler was getting excited about the photos and wanted to show us sneak peaks of shots he got. He sent us the link to our online gallery in less than two weeks, and the photos were amazing! We loved the variety of special moments captured against the vibrant scenic colors and creative lighting setups.

Kyler and another photographer, Kristy, came to our wedding. They were both friendly and professional as they met our family and wedding party, which helped everyone to feel at ease. Kyler’s attention to detail really stood out to us; he caught little things like the bottom button of one of the groomsmen’s jackets that shouldn’t have been buttoned, or fixed how my dress fell to show off its intricacies. Kyler and Kristy blended in seamlessly during the ceremony while getting their shots; we hardly even noticed they were there and yet they captured so many of the moments that we want to remember. Even when things happened outside of “the plan” like family members not all present for family photos, waves coming onto the shore where we were going to stand, guests asking to snap photos with their cameras, and my last minute request to take a few extra photos with my bridal party, they handled it calmly and with grace. We received our processed photos just about five weeks later and are thrilled with how they came out. The link to the online gallery has been great to share with family and friends, and we continue to get compliments about our engagement session and wedding photos. We feel so fortunate to have found Kyler of Kai-Photo Hawaii and would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Michael & Tiffany · Married on 08/08/2019

The absolute best photographer!

It was wonderful working with Kyler to plan the details for our wedding in Hawaii, and although we are located on the mainland, Kyler was always available to answer our questions via phone calls and through e-mails. He was also very attentive to our requests, and closely worked with us throughout the process to make sure everything would run smoothly the day of the wedding.

When the actual day of the wedding arrived, Kyler and his team made the photo experience quite enjoyable and fun for us and our bridal party. We received the post-processed photos a few weeks after, and we were extremely pleased to see how perfect all of the photos looked to capture and remember our special day.

It was a joy working with Kyler and his team, and we highly recommend their services to anyone seeking amazing quality and utmost service. We look forward to having another photo opportunity to work with Kai-Photo Hawaii.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Clayton

Clayton Lee · Married on 06/08/2019

Best wedding photographer

Kai-Photo was the absolute best! They have done 3 weddings for our family. They knew where to get all the best shots at each venue and how to cue us into the perfect pose. They were friendly, flexible, and professional. Would absolutely recommend to everyone.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Annette · Married on 07/14/2018

Photos You Will Love

Kyler was our photographer for our July 2018 wedding, and we could not have been more pleased! He was very professional and friendly throughout the entire process, from the planning stages before the wedding, to the actual day, and afterwards as we chose our wedding album photos. I was nervous about planning our wedding from afar as we live in Australia, but Kyler was very receptive and quick to return my emails. We even had a facetime meeting, which gave me a good feel of what it would be like to work with Kyler. We worked together on making a timeline for the day and everything went smoothly. The photos Kyler took were fantastic, and we had many compliments from friends and family about them! Thank you, Kyler, for being part of our big day and helping capture special memories that we will have forever.

Sent on 01/07/2019

S · Married on 05/23/2018

We had a medium sized destination wedding in May, and the one thing we wanted to invest in was photography. I considered quite a few photographers, but I found myself coming back to Kyler's photos again and again. I was really drawn to his aesthetic, his use of light and nature, and his ability to capture the beauty of both landscape and candid emotion. When we first contacted him, he was incredibly prompt in his reply, usually getting back to us within hours. We were able to meet Kyler in person before our wedding. When we met him, he not only had several photo albums for us, he also started sketching out a timeline for the photography (and for our wedding!) with different pricing scenarios. At that point, we ourselves had JUST started thinking about the event timeline, so this was incredibly helpful and above and beyond our expectations. And we hadn't even signed a contract yet! When we finally did officially hire Kai Photo, Kyler was very accommodating, including amendments to the model release clause that would respect our privacy. It was really important to me that our photographer was familiar with our site, so they knew where the best lighting, angles, photo opts, etc were - and Kyler definitely came through in this regard. When the big day came, Kyler was early to the site for our first look and was ready to get to work. He had ideas and gave us direction for poses, which we appreciated, without it being too awkward, while also giving us space to be ourselves. During the ceremony, he was well positioned and unobtrusive, so we could really be present. He moved quickly through our shot list and was VERY patient with our guests assembling themselves for the photos. However, the candids during and after the ceremony are where his work really shined! He was able to capture such authentic emotions and moments at angles we didn't think were even photographed! To us, this was the real value of Kai Photo, and for this, we will forever be grateful for hiring Kyler.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Ann · Married on 07/29/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Kyler and Grace for our wedding photography! We mostly worked with Kyler (though exchanged some nice emails with Grace, too!). Kyler was always very prompt to reply by email and had very helpful suggestions as we worked together to think through the wedding timeline with respect to capturing important photos. He was just as punctual on the wedding day and in getting the finished photos to us within the timeline he specified, and most importantly he was just a really fun and pleasant person to be around. He did an amazing job of putting us at ease and capturing the spirit of our day, both in posed and candid shots. In selecting a wedding photographer, I scanned a lot of online portfolios and was very impressed with Kai-Photo's, which is why I contacted them in the first place; the finished product we received lived up to my expectations! As a result, we now have a great selection of photos that record truly memorable moments from our wedding!

Sent on 08/25/2017

marie · Married on 05/14/2016

I got married at the Moli'i Gardens in May. Planning a destination wedding is very difficult. Especially if most of the vendors in Oahu take forever to respond. But that wasn't the case for Kai-Photo. Grace and Kyler responded right away and even managed to create a timeline for me. Aaron and Mako were wonderful photographers! They took fantastic shots and even managed to get the kids to hold still for photos! All the photos turned out fantastic! They sent me a few photos for our thank you cards, and within less then a month, we were able to view all our photos online! We're so glad we picked them as our photographers. Thank you Kai-Photo!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Rui · Married on 05/24/2015

OVERVIEW: Kyler and Grace of Kai-Photo were a great value for service. They were prompt, thorough, and professional with all of their communications. And the photos looked amazing - we still looked quite natural and like ourselves, but more polished. Thank you for making my wedding a success and capturing so many album worthy moments.
    DETAILS: We found Kai-Photo via the web and this company was highly recommended by several venues and other vendors. Grace, the booking manager, replied to all my emails within the same day (though usually within the same hour); she was very organized and pleasant. We also communicated with Kyler since the planning stages; he was not only helpful with advice for photos but also for planning our wedding in the early stages to fill in where our wedding planner was a bit amiss. Not at all part of his job, but he was the consummate professional and was quite helpful anyway. Grace arranged for us to video-chat with Kyler so we could discuss specifics. After hearing his recommendations, we emailed Kyler a list of photos (with lists of specific family members and friends & certain preferred shots). He was very accommodating and offered his valuable expertise on what would work logistically. And then on the day of the wedding, my groom had to change hotels; Kyler's team came through yet again with a creative plan to best utilize our time to get the groom's shots in along with all the other wedding shots he suggested and we planned. Kyler and his second shooter that day (unfortunately I don't remember the man's name) helped us and our guests look our best. And our photos came back even sooner than expected.
    BOTTOM LINE: Wedding photos are in general expensive, but Kai-photo delivers a high quality service at a competitive price. This is an investment that I'll enjoy for times to come. I recommend to book Kai-Photo while they are still available for your event!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2015

Kyler and his staff did an amazing job on our wedding photos. Kyler is very detail oriented, thoughtful, professional, and takes the time to make sure that each photo is perfectly framed and lighted. My husband and I are two of the most unphotogenic individuals you will ever meet and I have to say the Kyler made us look pretty good. Thank you so much, we will treasure these photos forever!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/11/2015

Awesome photographers! I am from Alabama but got married on Oahu. We chose Kai after checking out LOTS of portfolios online, and we are so glad we did! We got 90 minutes of coverage with a destination package, and Kyler managed to get every photo we wanted and more. We were so excited to get such top notch quality photographers at a reasonable price. We got preview photos within a week and they are wonderful!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Bailey · Married on 10/15/2014

We had a destination wedding in Hawaii and we had Kyler as our photographer as part of a packaged deal with the venue. I was nervous since we didn’t pick who our vendors would be, but we were assured we were in great hands and that all would be fantastic even planned sight unseen.

The venue was exactly as we had hoped and Kyler did a fantastic job at Getting so much of our special day with photos we can cherish for a lifetime. I really appreciate that he got so many of my husband’s family before I arrived (I am late for everything and this day was no exception) and I adore his attention to detail in his photos, he focused on things I would have never known to ask for but would have missed not seeing later.
    I also appreciated the way he handled our family and me and my husband during the private photos as I’m not the most publicly affectionate and my husband is not the most photogenic, but he got us shots we love. If you are in the market for a creative photographer, you can't go wrong by hiring Kai Photo!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Karen · Married on 09/06/2014

Grace was my photographer for my wedding, OMG what an excellent job!!!!! BEST WEDDING PICTURES…I love it……. He took his time taking each pictures and I really appreciated that from him. BEST PHOTOGRAPHER in Hawaii!!! I am looking forward for my family pictures and Grace will be the only one who will be taking those picture. GREAT WORK…thank you so much!!!

teresa · Married on 09/06/2014

• User4424147 · event on: 09/05/2014

My fiance and I recently had our engagement photos taken with Kai Photo. After seeing their previous work, we knew that this was the company we wanted to go with. We explained our vision for the photo shoot (natural, fun, playful; not too cheesy or romantic-y). We even wanted to use props such as a guitar and cupcakes to make the photos more "us". Kyler replied to all our emails quickly and offered great ideas and suggestions to enhance our vision. The day of the photo shoot, Kyler was very friendly and professional. He let my fiance and I interact naturally together while making small changes to our poses or positioning. He also took some posed pictures of just the two of us. The photos we received were AMAZING. Natural, fun, sweet, and romantic (not cheesy)- exactly what we wanted! Not only did we receive the fun and natural pictures we wanted, we also got some great posed shots that only a talented and experienced photographer can deliver.
    Overall, Kai Photo is a great company. They are easy to work with and really take the time to understand what you want. Kai Photo was highly recommended to me by my brother, and I will definitely be recommending them to all my family and friends too!

Sent on 09/24/2014

We recently had a destination wedding in Hawaii. It was a packaged deal, so we were not sure who our vendors would be prior to the event. The venue was perfect and beautiful. Kyler did a fantastic job at photographing/capturing the beauty of this special day with photos we can cherish for a lifetime. Kyler was prompt and paid great attention to detail in his photos. Kyler, incorporated different angles and focuses which allowed for some excellent creative shots. We were most pleased with the private photos that we had requested to be taken on the beach that Kyler so graciously made time for us to take. If you are in the market for a creative photographer, you can't go wrong by hiring Kai Photo!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Kai Photo did my wedding back in July, and I was very impressed! The pictures came out beautiful, and Kyler was so nice & professional about everything! He was very patient with the families (trying to get them to make a straight line was like herding cats), and they were EXTREMELY accommodating for any modifications to the original plan.

We even did an impromptu session at some of the more interesting backgrounds on the properly, and the pictures were absolutely amazing. They scoped out the best places for picture taking, and I have to say, Kyler really has an eye for making pictures pop!

I was really nervous; since I didn't schedule an engagement session or anything with them, the wedding was the first time I was going to be working with them. But Kyler was so professional about everything, it put me at ease. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend them to anyone planning their wedding, but book early because they fill up fast!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Kimberly · Married on 07/11/2014

There are so many wonderful things to say about Kyler and Grace. Every interaction we have had with them, from our first phone call all the way through getting our photos, has been marked by their professionalism and their obvious care for their photography.

We were completely blown away after our first phone call with Kyler. We had already fallen in love with his photography, but that phone call cemented the fact that we wanted to work with him. He discussed his photography style, talked us through a possible timeline for the day to ensure we got in all of the photos we wanted, and even started giving us some tips on how to make the most of our photography. We also loved that the photos would come with a photo release so that we could get the photos printed anywhere. It was clear that Kyler was both thorough and knowledgeable, and - as I have come to realize is characteristic of all of the time we spend with him - it was such a pleasure talking with him that we had no clue an hour had flown by when we got off the phone.

The day of our wedding, every one of Kyler's actions emphasized how amazing he is. He arrived early, and worked to help us maintain the photography schedule we had created so that everything ran smoothly. He quickly adapted to changes that came up in our plans, including when the venue had another ceremony going on in a spot he hoped to use for some pictures. Aside from the moments when he had to come to the rescue of something, we found that he was unobtrusive and let us keep our attention on our day while he captured all of the important moments.

We've now received and admired the finished photos. All of the pictures were absolutely gorgeous! From the posed shots of us as a couple, to all of the candid pictures showing the little things that we missed, the collection of photos truly captured our wedding day. We have been truly impressed with the quality of the work that Kyler did and are so glad that we chose Kai-Photo for our wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Eunice · Married on 07/02/2014

Kai-Photo was so easy to work with. The day of our shoot, Kyler was very friendly and professional. He was there early and so easy to work with. He knew what he was shooting and how we wanted the photos to come out. Kyler and Grace were so responsive to all my questions and emails, and also give us very helpful suggestions, which just made the whole set up so stress free.

Our pictures came out quickly but beautiful,we could not be more happy with the results!!! Kyler was so patient on our wedding day, helping to organize the chaos, as well as all the reception pictures. We managed to snag him for extra hours and he definitely made it worth our while! He captured the essence of that day.

Kai Photo definitely gets an A+ in our books... :) If you want some gorgeous photos and a stress free experience then this is the company for you!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Julie · Married on 05/31/2014

Everyone in my wedding party loved working with Kyler and his team! They were professional and went beyond my expectations! I highly recommend his team! My pictures came out beautiful! Thanks Kai photo!

Kristee · Married on 12/29/2012

Kai Photo is awesome! From the very beginning they made us feel comfortable. They are very professional and easy to work with. And of course our pictures came out amazing! They captured the perfect moments for us to cherish forever. Kyler, Kayoko, and Grace were excellent!

Sent on 02/19/2013

Donna · Married on 12/01/2012

Our photographer was awesome ! Mai knew exactly what we wanted thanks again Mai!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Mandi · Married on 01/12/2012

these guys are great at what they do! Kyler was so sweet and easy going! I highly recommend them :) The Photos were very pretty! Smiles !

Sent on 02/21/2012

Amy · Married on 01/08/2012

Oh my Goodness!! We got our CD of photos this week from Kyler and the the pictures are unreal! People are actually asking if we are really in Hawaii, they are soo perfect! We can't thank Kai-Photo enough for such great service and wonderful work! Kyler is nice, attentive and very easy to work with!

Sent on 01/27/2012

Gabrielle · Married on 10/15/2011

My husband and I could not be happier with the decision we made in choosing KaiPhoto to photograph our wedding! After looking through the photos on their site, and our first meeting with Kyler, who was one of our great event photographers, we were SOLD! While planning your wedding there may be a few decisions you make that you aren't 100% sure about, but picking KaiPhoto to photograph your wedding will not be one of them. They were always on top of emailing me back, and very helpful when it came to answering my many questions. The day of our wedding, when we weren't running exactly on time, they never once made us feel rushed. They gave us all the time we needed to get the photos we wanted, and gave my husband and me time to really enjoy being together. The day of your wedding is going to fly by, and when it's all over you will be happy you chose KaiPhoto. They did not miss a single second - from the detailed pictures we have of us getting ready in our hotel rooms, to the photos we have of us sharing intimate moments at sunset, to my husband's friends falling and fighting over the garter - they got it all. I promise that you will not be disappointed with KaiPhoto, or with their hard work and dedication to making sure that you have all the photos you need and want to remember one of the most special days of your life.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Andrea · Married on 07/21/2011

Kai Photo was the best vendor we had for our wedding in Oahu. They were organized, professional, and talented from the very first email to the delivery of the photos. We highly recommend using Kai Photo for your Honolulu wedding.

Sent on 08/20/2011