K.Polidan Photography Reviews

43 | Rochester, MI

43 Reviews for K.Polidan Photography

Sarah Zarbaugh · Getting married on 12/04/2020

Struggling too much to narrow down our photos!

From start to finish Katelynn has been a joy to work with. She has a beautiful eye for photography that seamlessly blends modern, gorgeous poses into natural, candid reactions. We could not be happier with how our engagement photos turned out and, once seeing the photos, are trying to bring her to our destination wedding next year! She’s kind, easy to work with, and makes being photographed a fun and comfortable experience. Do yourself a favor and make her your new go to photographer.

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Geary · Married on 01/10/2020

Best decision I made for my wedding!

Choosing Katelynn was not only one of the best decisions I made for my big day but one of the first decisions I made because I knew ahead of time that I needed her to be my photographer. Katelynn is amazing!! She makes you feel so comfortable behind her camera. She's great at giving instructions and changing your positions to get the perfect shot. Katelynn is also very aware of her surroundings so she always knows where to go next for the perfect backdrop. She is patient, kind, and attentive! Her assistant Jessica was awesome as well! I can't say enough good things about my experience. You girls killed it! Thank you for all that you do for your brides!!
    Victoria & John

Sent on 10/26/2019

Alexis · Married on 10/05/2019

Stop looking for any other photographers!

This girl has a true gift. I am confident in saying that she could make anything and everything beautiful. I came across Katelynn's work several years ago when she was the photographer for a family friend's wedding. I was immediately drawn to her style of photography and how her photos make you feel like you were there. I followed her ever since and her photos are actually what led me to my wedding venue. The first thing I did when beginning wedding planning was to contact her. I booked her and my venue at the same time to ensure her availability. (Thank goodness I did because she got an inquiry for my date the next day!) The best way that I can describe her and her photos is warm. She is a genuinely wonderful person that you can see yourself being friends with. She is extremely professional and organized. She makes the entire process from planning, the engagement session, to the wedding day fun. She gives easy to follow exact directions and is so confident in her work. There is no "fake" laughing photos with her because she is so funny and will actually make you laugh! I will be the first to admit that I have a type a personality and typically like to be in control. I do actually work full time as an Event Coordinator. I had always thought that I would need to show my photographer examples of the type of photos I was looking for. Never once did I feel like I needed to with Katelynn. I was completely able to trust her, follow her direction, and enjoy my wedding day. I was fortunate to receive my wedding photos back from her way sooner than expected and I am so in love with them. Do yourself a favor and stop looking for any other photographers. She is so worth it! Definitely have found our lifetime go-to photographer.

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Rodery · Married on 10/04/2019

The Very Best Ever

Katelynn & Jessica were so important in helping us to have the very best wedding day we could have dreamed of. We first met with Katelynn to have an in-person consultation. She provided us with all the information we needed to decide she had to be our wedding photographer. Every package comes with an engagement session included. Originally, we had not really wanted to do an engagement session, but it is super helpful in getting us comfortable in front of the camera, see what style your wedding photos will be done in, and just get to know Katelynn & have some awesome pictures for Save the Dates! Leading up to the wedding, Katelynn sends over very detailed planning documents to help you and her stay organized and on track & prepared for the wedding day. We did not have a “shot list” in mind, but Katelynn was instrumental in helping us get every photo we could have imagined on our wedding day. From arriving at the hotel, to our first look, bridal party & family photos, candid’s, details- everything was perfect. Katelynn & Jessica knew our day-of timeline pretty much by heart & were always keeping us on track (invaluable when it’s your wedding dance and lose all sense of time!) Katelynn is so professional, but makes you feel so comfortable at the same time. The variety of packages and collections available to choose from are so great, as you can customize your experience with pretty much any budget level. Katelynn is SO busy but makes you feel like you’re the most important person in the world! We have only seen one wedding photo so far and I’m 1 million % positive they are going to be just as amazing as the sneak peek we’ve seen. We LOVED Katelynn & would highly recommend her to anyone getting married or wanting any type of photo session done.

Sent on 10/17/2019

Nicole Burns · Married on 09/21/2019

Fantastic experience!

Katelynn did our wedding and engagement photos, and I am soooo happy we chose her! From day one, she was professional and responsive, and made the whole process simple. She is great at giving direction and suggestions to get the perfect shot- she really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. If you are searching for the absolute perfect wedding photographer, stop searching and go with KPolidan Photography!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Tim Folmar · Married on 08/30/2019

Best Photographer Out There!

Katelynn and Jessica made our wedding day special! My wife is super inquisitive and has a planning personality - and Katelynn ALWAYS had an answer and reassuring word about our special event! Upon getting our photos back, I was stunned at how many moments were captured and how well both photographers blended in to the scene! They never distracted from the ceremony or traditional events and were polite to all the family and friends in attendance. You can’t find a more professional yet warm and caring photographer for your important day!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Billie

Billie Gorman · Married on 08/17/2019

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding!

I am so happy I hired Katelynn as my wedding photographer. I have followed her work for years and that was the first thing I was sure of after I got engaged. I knew I had to have her as my photographer. I love her editing style and even more so the way she runs her business. She is strong and assertive and she runs her business. She is easy to talk to and made us feel very comfortable and gave great direction to ensure we got the perfect shots. She also was always very responsive and helpful with planning and preparing. I would recommend any bride to have her as their photographer, I plan to live through the photos she took for our special day and I know I will enjoy doing that for the rest of my life!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Allison · Married on 08/17/2019

The best photographer!

Katelynn start to finish was the best photographer we could of asked for. She is very professional and is also perky to make you feel comfortable when taking pictures. I never worried about the photos not being what I wanted. I constantly get compliments on our wedding photos and asked who was the photographer. I will always recommend her!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Young · Married on 07/27/2019

Stunning photos

Katelynn is not only a genuine and kind hearted person but she takes the most stunning photos. I seriously loved every single photo she took. From the moment she arrived for our July wedding on Lake Michigan, she was organized, kept us on our timeline the best she could and captured every moment. You literally don’t have to do anything but be yourself and enjoy the moments with your husband, family and friends. I knew after she shot one of my best friends wedding’s that my husband and I just had to have her shoot our big day. She is worth every penny and more, she has an eye for magic, so don’t hesitate and book her! Also, Katelynn’s second shooter was amazing as well, she shot the boys while they were getting ready and was by Katelynn’s side the entire today and she absolutely has an eye for the best shots as well.

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 06/29/2019

Katelynn and Jessica are the best

We had Katelynn and her assistant Jessica shoot our big wedding day and we honestly couldn't have asked for more! They help you organize your day of by having you fill out your day of timeline so they can better arrange themselves to get very moment on camera. When I look back on the photos, there wasn’t a moment that was missed. Katelynn also shot our engagement photos on Lake Michigan, which turned out amazing!!! We will cherish her work forever.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Natalie Dempsey · Married on 05/11/2019

We were blown away!!!

Words really can’t describe how amazing Katelynn is! From the very first email exchange, we could tell she was extremely professional and well versed in her craft. When we had our initial meeting, her organization and passion for her clients sold me immediately. She gave us tips for how to run things day of and even suggested we stay away from certain colors in our engagement photos. For us, knowing that she was committed enough to even help with our engagement photo attire convinced us she was the right choice. From then on, every correspondence was answered quickly and thoroughly. Myself and my husband were extremely nervous to be in front of the camera and not only did we have fun doing it, but we LOVE our photos. Katelynn’s aesthetic is truly incredible. The photos are authentic and genuine as well as editorial. Again, we genuinely can’t say enough good things about working with Katelynn. We really enjoyed working with her as a person and we are legit obsessed with our photos. You will not be disappointed if you hire her!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Brooke Schroeder · Married on 01/26/2019

Amazing!!!

Katelynn rocks! I had been dreaming of the day I would get married and always knew Katelynn would be the one to document this very special day. I planned my whole wedding around her availability because I HAD to have her!

Worth every penny and I have and will continue to recommend her to everyone I know. Forget the videographer, if you have an outstanding photographer you shouldn’t need a videographer, and Katelynn is just that, she captures each moment perfectly and you feel like you’re right back in that moment and her pictures are breath taking. I am so lucky to have these precious photos I will cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Chrissie · Married on 07/28/2018

BEST Wedding Photographer!

My husband and I got married in July of 2018. We had been to a few weddings where Katelynn was the photographer- so we were familiar with her work and knew we wanted her-even before we booked our venue! Katelynn was FANTASTIC to work with. She went above and beyond for our engagement and wedding photos. She was so creative and made us feel comfortable. On our wedding day, Katelynn kept to our schedule (and kept us on time!) I wore my hair down and the curls fell out a little (our wedding was in late July) and her assistant even re-curled my hair! Our photos/album turned out so well. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Lillianna · Married on 10/07/2017

I originally met Katelynn when she shot my sister's wedding. When I got engaged, I booked her first- even before my venue. She did not disappoint! Between our engagement session and our wedding (both downtown in a city) she made everything look whimsical and stunning, even in the middle of a construction site! We are so impressed with her photography, her charisma, and her willingness to help. Thank you Katelynn for an amazing set of memories!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Brianna · Married on 09/23/2017

What can I even say about Katelynn that hasn’t already been said? From the first time we met with Katelynn I knew she was special. I had seen her photos on pinterest and on my Facebook news feed after a friends wedding and I knew I had to have her. What I really loved about Katelynn is that upon our first meeting, she really took the time to sit down and get to know us a couple. Her personality and willingness to get you the most perfect photos are what sets her apart from the rest. She is so personable and creative. Katelynn and her assistant worked tirelessly on our wedding day, outside, in 93 degree heat to make sure our pictures came out perfect. Katelynn does not just stand behind the camera while she works - She held my dress up while I walked around over sticks and tall grass, offered me granola bars after the ceremony while we were all standing in the sweltering heat taking photos, adjusted my huge dress about a thousand times to get the perfect picture and even wiped the sweat off my fiances face so she should get the perfect shot! She got so many great shots and we did not have to worry about a thing. I expected our pictures to take a few months to come back, which is the standard time, especially considering we got married during the “busy season.” When I got an email that our photos were ready ONE MONTH after our big day I was thrilled out of my mind. Our pictures turned out incredible and every time we look at them we are able to relive our perfect day. Our experience with Katelynn and her team was more than I could have ever wished for. I cannot wait for all of the future maternity, family and anniversary sessions we will book with her.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Alexa · Married on 09/16/2017

Katelynn was truly a blessing to work with. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out beyond what we expected. She was professional and a true gem to work with. We cannot reccomend her enough!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Alexa · Married on 09/16/2017

Katelynn was a true blessing to work with. Out engagement and wedding photos turned out beyond what we expected. We cannot reccomend her enough.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Carrie · Married on 08/11/2017

What can one say about Katelynn that hasn't already been said?! This woman is hands down THE best photographer. Katelynn has such an amazing soul and is an incredible pleasure to work with. She has captured so many important moments in my life from family photos with my son and I to now a wife where my engagement, boudoir and wedding was captured by Katelynn. She makes you feel at ease with her and creates beautiful photos to forever remember your special day! Thanks Katelynn for being on this crazy journey called life with me and for capturing some of my most precious moments!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/03/2017

Out of all the important decisions that come with planning a wedding, choosing Katelynn as our photographer for our big day was the EASIEST decision we had to make, not just because we had heard (and seen) how amazing she was with my sister and her now husband's big day, but because she was relatable, personable, FUN, and we knew immediately she'd be a perfect match for us. The results spoke for themselves, and I lost count on all of the compliments we received on our wedding (and engagement) photos. I HIGHLY recommend Katelynn (and her team) for your engagement pictures and your big day. You won't regret it!!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/17/2016

?If you are reading these reviews trying to figure out whether to chose K. Polidan Photography as your wedding photographer, please stop thinking about it and JUST DO IT!!! You will not be sorry! PROMISE!

From the moment that I first saw her work on her FB page/website, to the day that my husband and I met her for our first consultation; we knew she was the ONE to capture our day. Choosing K. Polidan Photography/Katelynn was one of the best choices we made in our wedding planning process.

Katelynn is professional and easy to work with. We really felt like we were working with one of our close friends, not someone that we had only met a few times. Our engagement photos last fall turned out beautiful; she captured our vision of a downtown Detroit engagement session perfectly.

On our wedding day, Katelynn and her second shooter Jessica were amazing! They kept things running smoothly the entire day and were able to fit in all of the pictures that we wanted. We received so many compliments of how great they were.

We just received the gallery from our wedding day and we could not be happier with how they turned out. While going through the hundreds of pictures of our wedding day I was in awe at how completely breathtaking they were!! I knew Katelynn's work would impress me, but I am completely astounded at what an artist she is. She truly made me feel like the most beautiful bride! We couldn't believe that our wedding photos look like an ad from a bridal magazine. These pictures are not only be a snap shot of our day; they are the memories we will able to look back on for our lifetime!! Thank you soooooooooo much K. Polidan Photography!!!! Can't wait to have you capture more photos for us in the future!! :)

Sent on 10/20/2016

Hailey · Married on 08/06/2016

Before choosing a photographer for our big day, Jeff and I both new that it was one of the most important decisions we would make; after all, pictures last a lifetime. After viewing K.Polidan Photography’s portfolio I just knew we had to meet Katelynn. Our engagement session was a dream and it truly sealed the deal that we wanted to have her capture our wedding.
    What I like about Katelynn is that she truly takes the time go get to know you as a couple before your wedding day arrives. I can say that neither Jeff nor I are very comfortable in front of a camera, but all of that disappears once she takes charge. I ended up doing a boudoir session with her before the wedding and I am SO glad I did! Those pictures turned out phenomenal and gave me that extra boost of confidence before my wedding day! It also made a great gift for my husband.
    The day of the wedding, she knew what was important to us to capture, and I had no worries that they would miss a shot. She also took us aside to capture priceless pictures of just the two of us throughout our venue and those pictures are probably the best ones we received. Needless to say, ALL of our pictures turned out PHENOMENAL and every time I look at them, I get to relive all of the special moments and emotions of the best day of my life!
    Katelynn’s professionalism is one of her strongest traits. We always received prompt responses to any questions we had. She chooses terrific people to work with K.Polidan photography because her second shooter was amazing as well. She was always there to help adjust my (HUGE) dress and capture shots from a second angle.
    I could go on and on about how awesome our experience was, but the fact that my sister chose her for her upcoming wedding says enough. I can’t wait for her big day, and I can’t wait for future opportunities to work with Katelynn, maternity, anniversary, the opportunities are endless.

Sent on 10/16/2016

Alexandra · Married on 07/30/2016

Katelynn was an absolute dream to work with - there are truly not enough nice things I can say about her or her work! We knew after meeting with her, she was the one we wanted to capture our wedding. Our engagement picture turned out absolute perfect, and it was the perfect chance to get to know her and her style better. Our wedding pictures turned out better than we could have ever imagined, honestly. Katelynn and her team captured just about everything! She was so easy to work with, captured even the smallest of details and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Throughout the whole planning process, the one thing I was never worried about was Katelynn and her ability to capture our day.

-Brett & Alex

Sent on 09/17/2016

Melissa · Married on 07/23/2016

K.Polidan Photography is absolutely amazing. Katelynn has such an incredibly creative vision and the photographs come out amazingly. We used her for engagement photos and for our wedding, and I know that she will be our photographer for life. She is easy to work with, professional, and is so so knowledgable. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Alexis · Married on 06/25/2016

Katelynn and her coworker did an amazing job. Honestly I have put off writing a review because that truly means John and I's big day is finally over, but I am so happy to have worked with such a great photographer so I will always remember my dream day. Katelynn gave amazing directions that made every photo flow naturally, she also was able to capture every possible memorable moment from our big day. From those in my bridal party who have stood up in other weddings before, they said she was the best photographer that they have worked with because she is naturally amazing at her job. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect photographer and also a great wobble dance partner :) Thank you to K.Polidan photography for spending our beautiful wedding day in June with us and even for traveling to the west side of Michigan for us. Perfection! I would recommend K.Polidan Photography over and over again!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Maureen · Married on 12/31/2015

I loved working with Katelynn for both our engagement photos & our wedding photos! She is easy to work with, always quick to respond to emails/phone calls, focused on what was important to us and her pictures are fabulous. We couldn't be happier with are finished photos. Thank you Katelynn and the K. Polidan team!

Sent on 04/07/2016