JZM Entertainment Reviews

79 Reviews for JZM Entertainment

Katie · Married on 10/21/2017

2.6
      3.5

I had a difficult time with James. From the beginning, when he had no record of our signed contract, or the payment we had submitted via PayPal. Through the middle when he wasn’t very flexible in terms of coming out to the venue for a walkthrough, and when he was able to stop by, he didn’t bring the contract and had forgotten that we had a photo booth and added in uplights. All the way through the end when his speakers didn’t work during the ceremony and he made excuses that our guests provided interference and that everything was working fine before. Yet then came back and said the wireless mic was too far away from the receiver, hmmm…. Lastly, he was trying to go by his timeline of when he thought we should do things, and not by the timeline that I put together for him weeks before. He was just a bit frustrating at times and left a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn’t recommend him to anyone, nor would I use him for any future events.

Sent on 10/25/2017

JZM Entertainment's reply:

At the time I had a death in my immediate family and my assistant called in the last minute. I had to make it happen on my own until I was able to find another assistance. Since then I have hired 2 new assistants and I will do my best to have our main photo booth operator present at our events. I am a professional and I learn from every event. I will do my best to make sure your day is memorable. If you read this client review didn't not say anything about the music because I had all the crowd dancing all night long as usual.
    Best Regards,
    James
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 11/27/2015

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

They did not comply and fulfill their contract. We had them at our wedding for a photobooth and they decided to use a new printer so we didn't get 2 copies printed as promised, a bunch of people didn't even get to take a photo because it wasn't working, and they showed up late. They did not respond to email quickly. We had won a discounted rate from attending the Great Bridal Expo so since this was on the top of the list of our must haves, we took the deal. When we asked for a refund or partial refund after providing him with the contract we signed because he had failed to give us all that we paid for, he said they don't do refunds but he could give us 50% off the next time we book them. No offense but after the big mess up at our wedding, that we can't redo or relive the memories made, we DEFINITELY will NEVER use them again. He gave us a lot of excuses as to why he was not wrong even though I provided emails, texts and the contract saying that he didn't abide by it. We are sad that we won't have those keepsakes and that our guest don't either. Just because we WON a discounted rate, doesn't mean that they should treat us any less than any othe customer. Only positive thing was that he was flexible in changing the time of having the photobooth. I wish I could attach the emails, texts and contract to share here.

Sent on 12/10/2015

JZM Entertainment's reply:

Yes our new printer did not work properly but most of the guest did receive their photos and I even sent her a copy of all the photos. I also posted all the photos on our website for the bride to download them. We have fix the problem and sent exchanged the printer for a more reliable printer. All Vendors have experience some type of technical difficult with their photo booths. We guarantee satisfaction guarantee with our new Photo Booth.

Susan · Married on 10/21/2017

1.0

DJ left the wedding for 1 hour. He didn’t know how to set up his own photo booth and had to ask our catering staff for help. We paid for his services through a business PayPay account no associated with the bride/groom name. He kept the money for months without trying to find out whose deposit it was. When the bride contacted him he said he didn’t have a contract. The bride produced the contract and PayPal receipt. We (I suppose) were fortunate he didn’t give the date away. He did not attend rehearsal so ceremony music was a little messed up. I would not recommend this DJ.

Sent on 12/30/2017

JZM Entertainment's reply:

I had a death in the family and I tried a new way of booking through wedding wire which did not work for our business. I have gone to our old booking system and that is working better. I do not attend rehearsals unless I am asked and compensated. I showed 2.5 hours before the event to set up on my own with out an assistance who called in the last minute. I made it happened and the guest had a blast with the music selection. I work hard and give it 100% percent every time. I have too many great reviews and should not be overlooked by this one review.

Josie · Married on 09/06/2014

0.8
      0.5

I thought JZM was such a great deal for the amount of play time that was offered. However, this is truly a situation of where you pay for what you get. We hired him to DJ at our wedding and met with him a few weeks before the wedding to finalize everything. When we arrived, he had not bothered to look at our list of songs we had put together. At the wedding, Jaime did not play all of the songs we wanted, nor when we wanted them played. Also, he played a bunch of songs at the end of the evening that we did not request.

Additionally, which I found to be the most unprofessional, his girlfriend was at the wedding uninvited and taking photos with her huge camera. He had solicited my fiance and I before the wedding to see if we needed a photographer and that his girlfriend was just starting out and would give us a good price. We messaged him back saying we had already gotten our photographer. At the reception, I noticed there was a woman there I didn't recognize with a big camera taking photos. My photographer later told us that she was the DJ's girlfriend and was taking photos of us. This was all without my consent or knowledge.

Overall, I would not recommend Jaime to anyone.

Sent on 10/02/2014

JZM Entertainment's reply:

First of all you can't make everyone happy but this low of a rating is not true or fair. The bride's photographer made a racial comment about my girlfriend who was my assistant as she was in my booth taking a couple of photos for my own portfolio. That was the issue not sure if Photographer was related to her but I stopped taking pictures after he told me. I played all of their songs that they requested and I only played a couple of songs toward the end that some of her guest requested. I make a mix from all the songs that my customers request. Almost every wedding has a few songs that we just don't get time to play due to time constraint. I work hard and give it 100% percent every time. I have too many great reviews and should not be overlooked by this one review.