Just Sew Bridal Alterations Reviews

Just Sew Bridal Alterations 7
  • Karina

Karina · Married on 12/16/2018

Skilled Hands

Renee was amazing, my dress had a lot of small details on the bottom lace trim and she made sure it was perfect, she made my dress fit like a glove! I was worried about the delicate straps and clasps in the back, but Renee reinforced the back of my dress loops and made sure I was comfortable in my dress for my entire wedding!

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 13
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 14
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 15
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 16
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 17
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 18

Skei · Married on 10/13/2018

I cannot say enough about how enjoyable my experience with Renee was. I was recommended to her by my wedding planner Chad Biggs and Janna, and I am SO glad I listened to them! She works out of her house, and has the cutest room set up to make the fitting experience feel so personal and special, vs getting measured and doing your alterations in some shop next to a ton of other brides. She and her assistants hand work on your gown from start to finish, and makes it like the dress was made custom for you! She has TONS of experience, and you can tell by the many postcards and thank you cards posted all over from her previous brides over the years. She perfected my already dream Haley Paige gown beyond what I ever even thought it could be, and made me fall in love with it all over again. I cannot wait to wear it in a couple of weeks! If you need your dress altered/tailored to perfection, look no further, call/email her right now, so you can be rest assured that your gown will be taken care of, and you can get back to worrying about all your other planning!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Alicia · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely amazing

Renee had to take my dress in a size and a half and she made it fit like a glove! Her attention to detail is fantastic. She had to hand stitch a lot on my dress and my dress looked flawless. I really liked that she had jewelry and veils to look at and try on (the veil). I ended up purchasing a veil through her and the price was so much more reasonable than the bridal shops!! You will not regret trusting Renee with your dress....she's absolutely amazing!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 19

Just Sew Bridal Alterations's reply:

Wow Alicia! Your looked so beautiful and radiant! So happy to help transform your gown for you! Congratulations and please recommend us to friends. Hugs!
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly recommend!

There is no one else I would trust my dress with other than Renee. I knew I wanted to invest in someone with many years of experience, and she did NOT disappoint! Her eye for perfection and precision made really my dress come to life. I got SO many compliments on how well my dress fit and hugged my body. Every inch of the dress was perfection! She knew exactly what to enhance, leave alone and transform, and I am forever grateful! I ended up having the dress hemmed and bustled (my bustle was tucked under the dress which was SO beautiful and looked so natural during the reception!), the boning on the sides elongated and the bust taken in. The entire process was a joy, and if you treasure your dress as much as I did, take it to someone who knows what they are doing. The quality of Renee's work is incomparable!

Sent on 11/15/2018
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 24
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 25

Kate King · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Bridal Alterations!

Renee from Just Sew Bridal Alterations was absolutely wonderful!! I would highly recommend Just Sew to all new brides. Renee is so very talented and has many years of experience in bridal alterations. I had a complex wedding dress which required a substantial amount of alterations and Renee made sure it was flawless for my wedding day! Her extensive experience affords so many good tips for your wedding dress/wedding day. Not to mention, she is so sweet and delightful to be around! You can't go wrong with Just Sew - Renee will make sure you are 100% satisfied with your wedding dress!

Sent on 12/16/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2018

Great experience!

Renee made my wedding dress alteration experience stress-free! My dress, I thought, was going to be super simple to alter, as it was a sheath dress and did not have any lace or beading. However, because my dress was multi-layer, and LOOKED so simple, it was going to be difficult for the alterations to be hidden and look like they were meant to be part of the dress! Renee worked so hard in making sure that my dress fit beautifully, and it really did! Despite my dress being ordered about 4 sizes too large for me, Renee worked her magic! And she gave me so many tips and tricks to keep my dress in place on my wedding day. I'm so grateful for her persistence and helping make sure my dress fit like a glove! Highly recommend her for future brides!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Just Sew Bridal Alterations's reply:

Amanda thank you so much! Your dress was a challenge, but we got it done and you looked beautiful. It was great to work with you and your dress. :D

Lindsay · Married on 09/21/2018

I'm floored at how flawless the work Just Sew did on my dress. I had my first fitting with Renee, but Bea was actually the one that did the work on the dress. Both people are insanely talented, professional and friendly. I recommend this place to anyone in NC. My dress was a strapless heavily beaded, super lacy Stella York and you truly can search all day long but you cannot tell it was altered in anyway when in reality it was quit heavily altered!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Just Sew Bridal Alterations's reply:

Thank you Sew much Lindsay! We enjoyed working with You! Bea and I where thrilled with how your gown turned out.

Amy · Married on 06/17/2018

Renee was great to work with and she made my dress fit so well.

Sent on 08/04/2018
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 26

Jasmine · Married on 06/02/2018

Renee was an absolute dream to work with! I can not say enough wonderful things about her! I got married on June 2, 2018 in my mother's wedding dress from 1986, which Renee complete re-imagined and altered. No one, including my mom, could believe it was even the same dress! The original dress has long sleeves, a turtle neck and mushroom pleating. In the end it had an illusion neckline, open back, and french embroidered lace in place of the pleating. When I had my first consultation with Renee I told her how I wanted it to look on my wedding day and she shared ideas with me, and I felt so comfortable and understood. She did nothing to the dress without my permission. I had 3 fittings and in each their were slight design alterations made until it was perfect. Renee is really sweet, funny and down-to-earth. She was honest and transparent with me throughout the process. I can not recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 31
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 32
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 33

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2018

My wedding dress was definitely a complicated one. It has a lot of detail and lace and beading and different materials. I knew I needed someone who knew what they were doing. Renee took on the challenge of altering my dress and it came out absolutely perfect. I had three fittings total for my wedding dress. After the first fitting, I started panicking about all of the work that needed to be done to my dress and Renee gladly walked me through how they would be altering everything. The dress really looked like nothing had ever been done to it. My train needed two layers of bustles plus multiple snaps and hooks, and they took two videos for me so that my bridesmaids knew exactly how to bustle my dress. Everything looked so perfect and my husband was floored when he saw me. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 05/30/2018
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 05/19/2018

I cannot say enough to express the quality of work Reneé did for my wedding dress! She took my dress from a size 12 down to a 4 and I couldn’t even tell it was made originally a larger size. She paid extra attention to details such as the bead work on my boddice and even designed a special bustle so that the organza layers of my skirt would lay perfectly when bustled so that the look of my gown was the same (just shorter and easier to walk in) when bustled for the reception! She ensured I was 100% satisfied with everything about my gown before I took it back with me! She fixed a few minor things that had broke on the gown since it was used as a sample dress. She also suggested taking a video on how to bustle the gown so my MOH (who could not be there at the final fitting) would not have any trouble bustling the dress! Reneé does exceptional work and although it was very expensive I could not be happier with how my dress turned out and looked for my wedding day!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Kristin · Married on 05/05/2018

I was so happy with the decision to get my dress altered by Renee! She is such an easy-going person and yet so professional at the same time. She altered the dress beautifully and it fit like a glove. Her attention to detail is immaculate. She hand-stitched the several layers of lace. She prepared us for how to bustle the dress, how to take care of any day-of emergencies, and how to feel confident and beautiful on the wedding day. She even tailored by mom's and the matron of honor's dress as well. I felt beautiful on my wedding day and a large part of it was because of Renee.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Hannah · Married on 04/28/2018

Renee (aka the Bustle Queen) was one of the last people I linked up with during my wedding planning process. You know what that means: I waited way too long to go to Just Sew for my bridal alterations! I made the mistake of going to a tailor that didn't focus on bridal gowns and ended up in a pinch about a month before my ceremony. I asked my matron of honor where she had her gown altered (should have done this from the beginning) and she said "You need to call Renee at Just Sew!!" Renee graciously agreed to work on my dress, despite the fact that I didn't give her much time. She and her assistant, B, were an absolute dream to work with. They are both professional, understanding, and all around awesome. Renee took my dress from just "beautiful" to "absolutely stunning, unique, made for me, jaw dropping gorgeous." The sheer contrast from when I dropped the dress off and my second fitting was stunning because the dress had completed transformed (before and after pictures below). I actually don't know how she pulled it off.. wait, yes I do: it's because she is the best of the best and cares as much about how you will look on your wedding day as you do! I'm not going to let any of my friends take their wedding dresses anywhere else lol! I had so many people compliment my dress and tell me that it looked made for me. Renee is a true master of her craft and I'm so grateful that I met her and got to know her during my wedding planning. Renee, thank you for making me feel beautiful on my wedding day!!

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 34
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 35
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 36

Vicki · Married on 04/07/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Renee and her work. She did a wonderful job on my daughter's wedding gown, as well as the MOH and MOB gowns. Renee is very personable and her professionalism and abilities are exceptional. She gave us all the confidence to look and feel our very best on the big day.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Lindsay · Married on 03/17/2018

Oh my goodness, I cannot say enough good things about Renee! Not only is she a fantastic seamstress, but she is a genuinely wonderful person. It was a pleasure getting to know her during my dress fittings. I was worried about my wedding dress alterations because I needed to have the dress taken down several sizes. I drove several hours to work with Renee; she's that good! Renee was so detail-oriented and patient. She did an amazing job, and I trusted her judgement and talent every step of the way! I've never had a dress fit so perfectly. You will not regret your decision if you choose Renee!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Emily · Married on 12/30/2017

Renee did a beautiful job altering my dress. I was super happy with the results. Renee was great to work with as well. She is super friendly and gave great advice. She was also very accommodating with scheduling my appointments. I appreciating that she was so easy to work with, it made the days preparing for my wedding much less stressful. And during the wedding celebrations, I NEVER worried or "fiddled" with my dress. It fit perfectly and held up through a long night of dancing! I would highly recommend Just Sew!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 37
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 38
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 39
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 40
    Just Sew Bridal Alterations 41

Taylor · Married on 12/16/2017

Working with Renee through the wedding dress alteration process was a dream! She is very knowledgeable and cares so much about the clients opinions and making sure it’s exactly how they envisioned their dress fitting.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Kayli · Married on 11/18/2017

Renée was wonderful to work with on my dress. I wore my mother's dress with some alterations. At our consultation, she helped me figure what I liked and didn't like about the dress and made suggestions for alterations to make. We met with her multiple times for fittings to make sure the dress was absolutely perfect. She even made it so that we could bustle the dress. When we needed more help with learning how to bustle the dress, she met with us again to teach us. In the end, my dress was absolutely perfect. I could not have imagined a better dress to wear for my wedding. Thank you for everything, Renée.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Robert · Married on 11/18/2017

Great experience from start to finish. They made me feel special and beautiful! My dress was perfect!
    Thanks,
    Amanda

Sent on 12/06/2017
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 05/27/2017

Renee is professional, friendly, and very enthusiastic about her work. She is happy to customize elements of your gown to suit your style and needs, helping to make you most the beautiful bride possible--I had to have 3 fittings to reduce the size of the dress by several sizes, repair beading and lace, and to add princess seams in the bodice and a bustle. Renee can also supply you with jewelry and veil accessories that perfectly match your dress, as well as steaming, pressing, and post-wedding preservation services. She does an amazing job!

Sent on 04/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

Renee was absolutely amazing. She helped me completely redesign my mother and grandmother's dress into the dress of my dreams. She completely reconstructed the bodice to perfectly fit my torso which is completely different from my mother's. She added lace to all of the right places. It was fantastic. To top it off, she made the best bustle for the gorgeously long train. It looked just as beautiful and was a breeze to dance the whole night away in! I wish I could post pictures to show you just how amazing the before and after were!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Brittney · Married on 02/18/2017

Rene is great! Super friendly and very professional. I also bought my veil from her at a fraction of the price I saw at some bridal shops.

Sent on 03/11/2017

Megan · Married on 10/22/2016

Renee did an AMAZING job on my dress!! There was a lot of work that went into my dress and I was so thrilled she was able to do it all and turned my dress into my ultimate dream dress. Renee was so much fun to work with, and you can tell she has a true passion for what she does and puts a lot of attention into all her work. She was even able to squeeze one of my bridesmaids in and alter her dress as well at the very last second, and it came out beautifully!! She had to make my bridesmaids dress into a corset back because she was pregnant and the dress didn't fit. She bought ribbon and hand-dyed it to match the dress perfectly, and originally we didn't think there would be enough material to make a panel for the back so we decided against it, but she found a way to make one anyways. Renee went WAY above and beyond for us, and was always flexible about pricing. I truly appreciate all that she did and I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who needs to get their dress altered.

Sent on 11/28/2016

JESSICA · Married on 10/08/2016

Renee was a dream to work with. With all the stress that comes with planning a wedding, your dress should not add to the list. She was easy to get in touch with, and I could tell immediately she knew what she was doing. My dress turned out perfectly and I am just thrilled. I did not have a lot done, but she attached my belt and gave me a bustle straight out of magazine. I will be sure to refer my friends and colleagues to her in the future.

Sent on 09/19/2016