Just Press Play Productions Reviews

74 | Dundee, IL

74 Reviews for Just Press Play Productions

Mark · Married on 05/03/2008

Hello,
    I must say that just press play productions is a top notch company with great customer service. My wife and I decided on a destination wedding and we were married in Puerta Vallarta Mexico on May 3rd 2008. We had a great beach wedding with almost 50 guests in attendance. I decided to rent a portable Bose Wave sound system ("party in a box") From "Just Press Play" for the week and took the portable equiptment with me as a medium sized "carry on" on the flight. The equiptment was portable and the sound and operation of the "Party in the box" unit proved to be top of the line. Also, I was able to hook up a I-POD to play all of our favorite playlists not only at the reception but in our hotel room all week. In addition, a switcher was added to add a microphone for the wedding intros and speaches. Jeff patiently took his time explaining the equiptment to me and everything worked out problem free and the entire reception was unbelieveable! I am so pleased with the experience that I would definatly refer J.P.P. again to my friends and family in the future.
    Best Regards,
    Mark and Mindy Syster

Sent on 09/11/2008

candace · Married on 03/29/2008

jeff dj'd our ipod wedding, and was phenomenal. he was very professional. he was also very flexible when unexpected things happened, and he filled in w/music and we did not even have to ask! the sound system worked perfectly. he was a joy to work with, and anyone would be lucky to have him as a DJ.

Sent on 03/31/2008

Lauren · Married on 09/22/2007

Jeff was great - easy set-up, and I never had to worry about the sound system the whole day. Totally painless!

Sent on 10/11/2007

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2007

Jeff was great. We wanted good quality speakers to plug the iPod into for our wedding reception, and he provided just that, and suggested a mic & stand as well, which came in handy. He was easy to book, arrived on time, and was professional. He was very straightforward and honest and charges reasonable rates. The speakers were great and provided excellent sound. I would recommend his services to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2007

Joseph · Married on 08/11/2007

Jeff at Just Press Play was great. I had an iPod wedding in my backyard. I researched various vendors, but many were a little pricey and I started considering a real DJ. But then I found Jeff on Craig's List. He was really responsive and understood exactly what I needed. He was also very flexible. As we were planning the wedding, things were up in the air and I wasn't sure of the exact timing. Jeff was patient. It wasn't until only one week before the wedding that I could tell him the exact time to deliver the system, but that was not a problem.

The best part was the delivery and set up. Jeff delivered, set up and showed me how to use the system, let me keep the system overnight, then he showed up the next day and took the system back--all for a price lower than other guys would rent me a system (not including their delivery and set up fees).

It seems like everything associated with the wedding was expensive and big hassle--at least everything except Just Press Play.

Sent on 08/20/2007

Elizabeth · Married on 09/18/2010

Jeff was our "ipod dj" for our wedding reception at the Grove. He did a fantastic job with everything. My husband is a music fanatic and spent many hours coming up with playlists in the months prior to our wedding. Jeff's music & reception expertise helped us finalize these lists. At our reception, he was extremely professional and did a great job getting our guests on the dance floor! The cost of his services are just as good; you definitely get good value for your money. I highly recommend "Just Press Play".

Sent on 12/05/2010

Mary · Married on 07/23/2010

We had Just Press Play Productions play music for our ceremony and reception. It was great because they played our music from my iPod. He made announcements when we asked him too. They did a great job!

Sent on 08/12/2010
  • Dawn

Dawn Elmore · Married on 05/18/2019

Great experience!

Took all the time to make sure everything was exactly the way we wanted to do it. Super MC. Great follow up as well. Good economical way to save money on DJ services.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Allison · Married on 06/12/2015

We hired Just Press Play for the ceremony and the reception and were very happy with them! Our DJ was Phil and he was AWESOME! We had very specific verbiage we asked him to use and specific rules about taking requests, etc. which he followed without a problem. He was so nice an attentive and made the night run smoothly for us. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Terri · Married on 05/10/2014

Even though music is critical to a wedding and reception we did not have a fortune to book a high priced band or DJ. We were referred to Just Press Play, who provided us with just the right amount of equipment and talent needed at a price that we could afford. From the ceremony to the last dance our guest were treated to a spectacular music.

Sent on 06/02/2014
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 08/08/2013

I used Just Press Play Productions for my Hawaii wedding in August 2013. The venue we chose did not allow a DJ so our next best option was to supply our own music via iPod/iPad/laptop and use Just Press Play Production's Bose Sound System. It sounded great and our guests couldn't believe the quality of sound coming from the tiny Bose speaker. My only complaint was that the MC's voice was extremely quiet and at times, difficult to hear. We got off to a rocky start with the music and I'm not quite sure if the MC didn't know to operate my MacBook or the Spotify interface. Either way, after a few playlists, the MC seemed to get the kinks worked out and everything was smooth afterwards.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

Thank you Jackie! Yes, Spotify is not something we are pros at yet. iTunes is the one we get from most of our customers and the one we are most familiar with. Spotify is becoming more and more popular and so our MC's are stating to become more familiar with this and I am sure in a year we will all be as familiar with Spotify as we are with iTunes.

Heidi · Married on 03/09/2013

Just Press Play provided just what we wanted for our wedding. We wanted music, but weren't having dancing, so decided against the expense of a DJ. Just Press Play took music that we chose and combined it with some of their selections to provide a beautiful soundtrack for our evening. Jeff worked hard to create an interesting playlist and went out of his way to add certain songs that were hard to find.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

Thank you Heidi. This was a fun night, even though there was not dancing. Heidi chose our iPod and Music Service instead of putting together the music herself and she gives me credit but she inspired me with some of her song selections to go and find some additional songs to fit a desert themed playlist. It was a lot of fun, and FYI I have saved it for anyone else who is interested.

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

Everyone loves the do and all had a great time

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Hollyn

Hollyn · Married on 09/23/2012

This is GREAT if you're trying to save money on music! I think it works best if you can have a friend man the laptop (oh and have back ups!) or are ok with just having a playlist play (as opposed to adjusting with the crowd). We had a friend help for the 1st part and because we had a casual party vibe, I kind of adjusting the music as we went along. Also be sure you know your guests and that you have some sense of music sequencing (I am a major music junkie and have 16G+s of music). I loved this service and am so glad I used it!
    The speakers are nice and loud and work very well! They arrived in plenty of time and the company is very reliable.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Brittany · Married on 07/01/2018

We chose Just Press Play for our July 2018 wedding. We were really happy to find a service that offered just what we needed (the sound equipment and an emcee) at a price that fit the budget. It was fun working with my fiance to design all of our playlists, and Jeff was always quick to answer our emails as questions came up along the way. Our emcee, Miguel, did a great job the day-of, and the planning call with him the week of our wedding helped ensure everything went off without a hitch.

Sent on 07/16/2018

3.0

This is a great option for brides on a budget! Jeff was very helpful and on top of things. There were a few things that he didn't follow my instructions on, but overall I was satisfied!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2011

3.0

Jeff did a great job of handling family complaints about being unable to make requests. He was also right on cue with all of the music and handled our requests well.
    He accidentally knocked over my antique champaign flute when he was setting up. Thankfully we had another.
    Also, he was very quiet.
    I would recommend using this service, but remember to tell Jeff to speak up:) (especially if you have a loud family like mine!)

Sent on 11/08/2011

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

The head table was moved right in front of the DJ table to make way for the ceremony happening in the same room and while setting up I bumped into the table and the glass fell over and broke. I offered to pay for the glass but was told there were 6 of them and it was not a big deal. I felt horrible about it then and I feel even more horrible now that it has been brought up again.

Not quite sure what she means by quiet, but at Just Press Play we only make the announcements you ask us to make. If there are no announcements we just let you enjoy your family and friends and the music and stay off the microphone. I have had customers ask me to talk between each song and I did.

Megan · Married on 09/16/2011

Jeff was great. He was extremely affordable and gave me advice that helped me craft my playlists for the event. He supplied a mic for the ceremony even though we had not discussed it beforehand. Even though we selected and provided all the music, he still adjusted to the needs of the event.
    The only criticism I have is that we hired him to MC and gave him a detailed timeline, but he still waited for us to come and tell him it was time to do things like the first dance. I wasn't expecting to have to watch the clock during my wedding and then go ask him to stay on schedule. I had assumed he would keep things running to schedule on his own.
    He was also reluctant to meet with us for a consultation before booking, which was a little strange. We went with him anyway, based on budget and email contact, but I did worry a bit about not meeting him beforehand. It all turned out great, though.

Sent on 11/17/2011

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

Yes, at Just Press Play Productions, everything is priced individually. If you want to meet with us in advance, you can, there is just an extra charge for that. This is how we keep the prices affordable. You pay for what you want.

We also make the event about you and your schedule. We do not just start the First Dance if you are not ready, if you are still having conversations with your guests. It would be awkward for us to start the First Dance if you are not ready for it. We never start something without your approval. And we always ask if you are ready before we start anything.

Johanna · Married on 07/03/2011

Our MC and DJ for the night was great! He was a big hit and even brought in some of his own music and played it for our guests. The only issue we had was that he started our first dance music before our guests were in the room (but I think this issue was more due to the layout of our venue, but he didn't adapt as well, but again not totally his fault). We had a great time! Thank you!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Katie · Married on 06/24/2011

3.5

Jeff was great coordinating and planning with. He was our original dj for the the night, but something came up last minute (personal) and he was not able to mc our reception. Karl was took his place and did well. I was slightly disappointed because many of our songs we had picked to play that night were never played. Over all it was good service for the price we paid.

Sent on 09/25/2011

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

This is a common critique. If you tell us to skip around as we feel appropriate through your playlist, we will do just that. If you want songs played, you just need to tell us these songs must be played. Every couple is asked ahead of time how they want us to handle the music. We follow those instructions.

Andrew · Married on 08/01/2008

Excellent value and accommodating when we needed to extend the dinner music and throw in more salsa.

Sent on 09/09/2008

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2010

4.2

Just Press Play did the ceremony music as well as my reception music. Karl was our DJ and did a great job. We decided to get a DJ, as we did not want to worry about messing around with the music all night. We picked out the music and Karl played them to order. As the night went on (and the party got a little louder) he did insert some of his own choices and some requests, which was just fine. He definitely knew how to keep the party going and did a great job. He was not over the top, but was funny and professional as well. The sound was fantastic and their dirt cheap light stands lit up the room. Mic worked great as well. If you are a picky musical person, choose Just Press Play and actually get to listen to some good music on your wedding day.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Rebekah · Married on 09/30/2016

3.8
      3.5

I was looking to save money on a DJ and Just Press Play was the perfect solution! They provide everything a normal DJ service would provide at half the price. The only catch, is you provide the music playing device (ipad, spotify account or itunes account, etc.), you also pick all the music you want to play - you create your own playlist. They help along the way giving suggestions of songs, etc. You also meet with your DJ to go over day of logistics. Alan was great!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Jaynie · Married on 08/10/2009

3.6
      3.0

Even though they are based in Illinois, they have an office in Oahu. I got married in Oahu in the summer of 2009 (outdoor wedding & reception), and used their services to use my ipod instead of hiring a DJ. You can't really beat the price for what you get; and we opted to pay extra to have someone man the ipod for an hour or so (to cue the music for our wedding ceremony (processional/recessional) and to set up for the reception). Unfortunately, the guy messed up our recessional cue, but honestly, for how cheap it was, I can't really complain; especially, since they come to your site, set up the equipment, and take it away. Would recommend them if you are on a major budget and are picky about what music gets played.

Sent on 01/18/2010

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

Note: Customer provided only CD's for us to work with. Using CD's makes it tough for us to navigate and cue up. All the music for the ceremony was on one CD, but a CD player does not move from one track to the next as quickly as a MP3 player.