Just Press Play Productions Reviews

71 Reviews for Just Press Play Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

71 Just Press Play Productions Reviews

Taylor · Married on 05/23/2018

Jeff was amazing! Would 100% recommend for any event!

Kami · Married on 04/21/2018

Just Press Play Productions was a great decision for music at our wedding. Jeff was our MC, who was an absolute joy to work with. He was very responsive to emails leading up to the wedding, mixed the music well, and helped accommodate some of the oddball requests we made. We were glad to get an MC, as it meant we didn’t have to worry about the equipment. The best part is, everything was way more affordable than if we had gone with a traditional DJ. We highly recommend going with Just Press Play if you’re looking for options for high quality music service.

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Jeff and his team were wonderful. Jeff was very communicative and quick in his responses. He clearly knows what he is doing and his reliable team carries out your event exactly as planned. He was even able to accommodate a keyboard rental we added after our initial contract was signed. Miguel, our MC, reached out a few days before our event to introduce himself and ask questions to get a sense of our hopes for the evening. He curated the evening using our music and our guests had a wonderful time. He was able to trouble shoot and put together a seamless evening. I would highly recommend Just Press Play. They are affordable, professional, and worth every penny.

Jennifer · Married on 09/10/2016

Just Press Play was exactly what we needed- Jeff was really easy to work with, always quick to respond to emails and super organized (he sends you a detailed questionnaire a couple weeks before the wedding that was very helpful). Our day-of MC, Miguel, did a great job as well. Definitely worth the cost to hire an MC rather than ask one of our friends to man the music. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Lydia · Married on 08/28/2016

Seriously fantastic! What an affordable and reliable option for fantastic music. We were nervous about putting together our own playlists for the wedding, but Just Press Play provided great information for compiling awesome playlists and our DJ Patrick did an excellent job MC'ing for the evening. We had several compliments afterwards that the music was great and it was truly a team effort!

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

We LOVED this vendor. Jeff responded to emails very quickly and was so accommodating with my many questions. Patrick was our DJ and he did a fantastic job. I couldn't have imagined it going better. These guys are the best!

Megan · Married on 05/14/2016

My fiance and I initially planned to DIY the music for our wedding, but quickly realized that we didn't want to deal with the logistics of setting up sound equipment and designating a friend to man the iPod. Jeff at Just Press Play saved the day with his MC service! We were able to choose all the songs for our wedding and Jeff handled all the details the night of. He was incredibly responsive throughout the process and took the time to call me to discuss to the flow of the party, rules for taking requests, and other details. If you're picky about music and/or on a budget, Just Press Play Productions is the perfect choice!

Cory · Married on 10/17/2015

We highly recommend Just Press Play after using them for our wedding. In the planning process Jeff was amazing. He always responded to my emails right away and was extremely helpful. Our mc, Phil, was great as well! Our dance floor was packed the entire night. We chose all of the songs ourselves but Phil did an excellent job mixing the songs to keep the dance party going strong!

Just Press Play was great! We had Jeff as our EMCEE, and his voice is like something you'd hear on the radio. It was so professional and everything he said into his microphone was clear and concise. We had the I-Pod DJ set up where I brought in two I-Pods filled with my music. We had a portable speaker system set up in the dinner area, and the main speaker set up by the dance floor. The sound quality was amazing, and every time I asked him to play a certain song for me off of my list he did so right away. This is a great company, and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Just Press Play Productions's reply:

Yes, all of our MC's have good clear distinct voices, this is not just true for Jeff alone. This is one of the key points we focus on when employing MC's with Just Press Play Productions. And the true rock star of Just Press Play is the Bose Speaker Systems.
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 07/03/2015

THANK YOU! Just Press Play Productions was fantastic! Jeff manned the portable speakers and wireless mike perfectly from making sure to scout out our ceremony and receptions site at our friends estate before the wedding to make sure that we would have all the appropriatie gear to accommodate our needs to flawlessly setting up at the ceremony site and relocating to the reception site all with grace behind the scenes that no one knew that it was the same speakers used for both locations. The sound quality and volume was perfect and Jeff did an amazing job DJ-ing the random collection of music that we provided to him on our laptops in Spotify playlist with talented ease. THANKS for helping make our special day so memorable!

BRYAN · Married on 09/27/2014

We booked Just Press Play Productions upon recommendation of one of our friends, and it turned out to be the biggest difference-maker of our event.

At first, we thought, we only need an iPod with our playlist. So we ordered that. Then we thought, "hey, we could use a wireless microphone for our toasts." So we tacked that on, too. And then we thought, "hey, they offer a DJ to man the music and playlists for the event at a very reasonable price. Why not add that on, too?" And that has made all the difference.

A couple of weeks before the wedding, we came into contact with Jeff Ilardi from JPP Productions. We laid out every important detail about our event, and he took note of every scheduling minutiae.

The two big impacts that Jeff and JPP Productions had was
    1) Providing exactly the music we wanted, when we wanted, at the perfect volume
    2) Often, during the event, Jeff would essentially become our on-site event coordinator, coming up to me and reminding me that "in one minute, you have your toasts coming up!" or "Did you want to cut your cake right now, as scheduled?" We found out that, during the wedding, it is too easy to lose track of time and timelines, and Jeff was absolutely professional and helpful with keeping everything on track all along the way.

So, if you're considering hiring Just Press Play Productions for your event -- stop wondering and just book them. They will be responsive, prompt, and professional.

We chose JPP for our wedding July 5. Alan was our MC. It was a fantastic value. For $550 we got speakers set up both inside the reception room plus outside on the attached patio, and Alan was able to use those same speakers to provide our music during the ceremony. We created our playlists on Spotify, met with Alan a couple of weeks before the wedding to go over what we wanted, and he managed the playlists on the day of. He was still able to take requests from guests and we loved that we picked all our songs - the bartender even told us that it was the best music he had heard at a wedding. Our wedding was a cocktail reception immediately following the ceremony, so we had songs for before the ceremony, a playlist for after the ceremony which was mellow music, and then dance songs for later in the evening. We were so pleased with it. He also made announcements, such as our introduction, the cake cutting, the first dance, and when new food items were available for guests. Thank you Alan and Just Press Play!

Angela · Married on 06/29/2014

Just Press Play Productions is PERFECT for all weddings!
    Jeff is very professional and timely in communication. He did a phenomenal job!
    You choose and provide all your own music - so you know it will be good. JPPP provides helpful guides on how to organize your playlists and a day-of order of events document, where you indicate how you want things announced/played/etc.
    I highly recommend JPPP!

• Kendra

Kendra · Married on 06/21/2014

Great service. Jeff was wonderful to work with. He was very helpful in answering all of my questions and adapted well to changes in the ceremony and reception.

Jeff was so easy to work with over email, he understood what we needed and made recommendations based on that. Our MC Andy, showed up early to set up and did such an amazing job. My husband is a mic hog (love you honey but you are), and Andy did such a good job of letting him take over to make announcements and such. He also plugged in his OWN iPod when we ran out of songs for our money dance (I think it was the longest money dance in history). Nobody even noticed that he had to switch devices, that's a sign of a great MC who's really paying attention to what's going on. Highly recommend Just Press Play Productions! Thanks Jeff!

Maura · Married on 10/11/2013

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Just Press Play and our DJ, Jeff. We got married at Starved Rock Lodge which is about 60 miles from Chicago. He was willing to travel and very upfront about his services and the pricing. Very professional. He was always super responsive to emails during the planning process which is very helpful. He was also flexible - we left creating our playlists until too close to the wedding and he was very accommodating about adding this service. His compliments about our music selections were definitely appreciated as well!

JPP is absolutely perfect for couples for whom music is very important. It was important to both of us that we be 100% in creative control of the music played at our wedding. We could not find a regular DJ that would accommodate that and we were so glad we found JPP and Jeff! We rented the equipment from JPP and used the MC service as well - it's well worth having a professional behind the playlists. Jeff did a wonderful job at our wedding ceremony and reception. The transitions were absolutely perfect. We thought it was great and we heard nothing but compliments from our guests. I would hire JPP and Jeff again in a heartbeat. Thank you!

I just had my wedding (Sep. 29, 2013), and just press play was great!!! The process of getting everything together, Jeff was so quick in responding to my emails, and making sure all my questions were answered in such detailed responses. (Even the stupid questions I had) Jeff was more than happy to assist me in anyway. Any bride on a budget, this company is your choice. Saving money or not, they are all professional and very helpful. Our DJ/MC, Robert did a great job. I gave him a detailed timeline of everything and the whole evening went very smoothly. He always made sure that we communicated and everything was to our liking.

Cassie · Married on 09/28/2013

Loved Just Press Play and Alan our DJ. It was so easy to contact them for information and their responses were always prompt. The value is great and they do such a great job. It was daunting coming up with all of the music for the playlists but their website is very helpful in giving song suggestions, tips and advice on putting together the playlists. Alan did a great job at the wedding, pronounced everyone's names correctly (some were difficult) and made sure my guests were having a good time.

• Amy A.

Amy · Married on 08/31/2013

I could go on for days about how great it was to work with Just Press Play. Jeff is a pleasure to work with. He answered every email quickly and was always there when I had a question (and I had a lot of them!) I could not believe that I would be able to find such an affordable DJ service. Alan was our MC and he was phenomenal. He was professional, friendly, and so much fun to have at our wedding. Nobody would have ever guessed the playlists came from our own Macbook! The ceremony was beautiful, and my reception was a total dance party, which is exactly what I wanted. I cannot thank JPP enough for all of their help!

Rick · Married on 06/29/2013

Jeff was our favorite vendor at our wedding. He was responsive though email and on the phone, very professional, and he really knows his stuff. He set up speakers in multiple locations: ceremony, cocktails, dinner, and outside the dinner area. They used two sets, and moved them from location to location. This helped us save money, and worked great.

He also worked with our officiant and one of our musicians to make sure everything sounded okay. He even went out of his way to help record the ceremony and make everything perfect. Highly recommended if you want to do your own music. It's best to have someone there to manage things so you can enjoy your own wedding.

• Erica

Erica · Married on 06/15/2013

This was exactly the type of music service we were looking for for our wedding. And, even when our MC had to back out the day before the wedding because of a family illness, Just Press Play was able to step up and provide us with that service so that we could avoid being stressed out.

dan · Married on 05/18/2013

Very professional. Jeff, who I believe owns the business, was exactly on time and found me (the groom, and the one setting most things up) right away. We went over the list that we had sent in a few weeks before. He was great with reminding my wife and me a few minutes before events during the reception. The equipment was top notch and his ability to seamlessly take requests from my friends and family off their smart phones was just too well done to believe.

This type of business is perfect for any wedding, event for anyone who is sick of the old fashion, boring, hear at every wedding type of DJ. You are able to set up your own music and playlist, and can trust Jeff to read the room and have the music playing seamlessly all night.

Would highly recommend this service to anyone, but especially to anyone trying to fit great music into a tight budget.

Ashley · Married on 12/08/2012

Just Press Play – Jeff Llardi

From the 1st e-mail to the final thank you card we received from Just Press Play I can’t even begin to tell you how happy we were with their customer service. Jeff replied to my e-mails with helpful information and in a timely manner.

Just Press Play is a great way to make your wedding music very personal since you make all of the music selections yourself. I really liked that aspect of this business because who knows your wedding guests better than the people planning the event. That being said, Jeff was able to play the songs that got people on the dance floor and kept them there all night long (seriously our dance floor was packed the entire night). I can’t tell you how many people said “Your wedding was the best wedding ever” and I know that had a lot to do with Just Press Play (Jeff).

I would recommend this company to anyone looking for DJ services. They provided great customer service, created the ultimate dance party atmosphere, and were even affordable. To me that is the trifecta!

Kimberly · Married on 11/02/2012

I would highly recommend Just Press Play for a wedding ceremony and reception, especially if you want some control over the music at your wedding.

Jeff provided us with plenty of info to help us prepare for the big day. We followed his tips (plenty of songs and playlists, music people want to dance to, clear written instructions, etc.) and everything went off perfectly. We went with the option of having him mix our playlists as he saw fit, and as evidenced by my wedding pictures, the dance floor was always packed. Hell, there was a soul train line AND a dance-off.

Please, use their MC service. my friends were happy they didn't have to man the ipod all night long, and the MC is a professional.

Thank you, Jeff! You were perfect!

Jamie · Married on 10/13/2012

Just Press Play Productions went above and beyond our expectations. We were blown away by the professionalism and responsiveness of our DJ/MC. I would hire them for any party I was planning.