Just Eat This! Catering Reviews

Just Eat This! Catering 3
Just Eat This! Catering 4
Just Eat This! Catering 5

Christy · Married on 05/14/2016

I wish I could guarantee .everyone the beautiful weather we had on our special day. Can't do that! But I can guarantee perfect food and service if you go with Chris and Just Eat This! People are still calling us and raving about the food. It was fresh, DELICIOUS, and nicely displayed. As good as the food was, the service was just as wonderful. Friendly, professional and on top of everything, these folks kept everything running smoothly. At the end of the wedding, which we held at our home, we were whipped and went to bed, expecting to get up and get to work. Chris' crew had policed up, had all the rental dishes stacked and ready for pick up, the left over wine and liquor put away - we didn't have to do a thing (thank you so much, guys). Best of all, the bride and groom were thrilled with everything. Chris was so easy to work with, it was a pleasure. I really can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Kathy · Married on 11/21/2015

Our guests loved the food!! We went with a low country themed wedding & Chef Chris delivered. The appetizers were mini shrimp & grits in wonton cups, bite sized chicken & waffles, low country egg rolls and mini ham biscuits. For dinner, we had a low country boil and roasted beef tenderloin. Everything was incredible!! Chef Chris was easy to work with and the price was great!!

Sent on 01/30/2016

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of my catering services Kathy. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the food and it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day celebrated on Folly Beach. I wish the two of you a long and happy marriage.

Mark · Married on 10/11/2015

Chef Chris Casner with Just Eat This! Catering is a phenomenal and extremely talented chef. He was extremely helpful in planning the perfect meal for our budget. The food was absolutely amazing! Our wedding was a month ago, and my friends and family are still raving about the food. I highly recommend his services for your next event.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Mark! We loved taking care of you and Melanie. The staff appreciated how helpful and complimentary the two of you were. I'm pretty sure that they liked the M&M's especially. Congratulations again and I wish you a long and happy marriage.

LeVar · Married on 09/19/2015

Chef Chris and his team exceeded all expectations for both the quality of food as well as going above and beyond with service. Chris was extremely flexible in working with us on a menu that fit into our budget. From the research that we did we could not imagine finding a better value in Charleston. Even though the prices were the most reasonable we found, you would never know it when tasting his food. My dad is never shy about complaining about food, so I was shocked when he grabbed Chris to try to get his shrimp and grits recipe!

As I said the staff was beyond helpful throughout the night. We needed chairs moved from the ceremony to reception area and they handled this even though they didn't need to. The one time I saw a drink had been spilled, someone was there to mop it up before I could even ask. If you're getting married in Charleston please do yourself a favor and visit Chris for a tasting!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thank you LeVar for the kind words. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of your special day with you and Kristi. I'm glad that my staff was able to make your day exactly what you had planned and it was great to talk to your dad and let him in on my secret to my shrimp and grits. Congratulations again.

Kendrea · Married on 08/29/2015

Chris phenomenal! He was always quick to respond, and he is flexible into making sure all your requests are answered. His food is incredible, and my wedding guests are still talking about it. And, he is relatively inexpensive compared to the many other Charleston caterers. Recommend highly to anyone looking for a caterer, and we hope we can have an excuse for an event so we can have him again! P.S. Get the pimento cheese and bacon jam!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Kendra. I hope that you and Mike had a great time. I'd love for you to have my food again. Maybe I'll see you at the food truck. Congratulations again.

Jan Paul · Married on 08/23/2015

Chris and his staff were extremely professional and the food was amazing! From beginning at the tasting to the actual reception. Def recommend to him to future couples.

Sent on 01/23/2016

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks JP and Michelle for the kind words. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the food and I was able to be a part of your special day. Congratulations on a happy marriage.

Paula · Married on 08/09/2015

I cannot begin to even describe what a heaven sent Chris was to me.

Our wedding was out on Folly Beach and after encountering difficulty with the caterer that I was planning on using, I found myself without any prospects to have what I was hoping for our beach wedding. While I fell to pieces that evening, my fiancé went online and started to search different wedding boards and found Chris. We sent off an email that evening and within minutes had a response as well as a tasting set up within a few days. We were instantly sold on Just Eat This!

I had wanted a traditional southern beach wedding with Low Country Boil, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese and green beans. Chris' crew was there on the spot preparing the food and was professional, good quality food and plenty of food. His costs were well within what we were looking for and the quality was top notch. He also is extremely easy to work with and allows you the sense of knowing that he is handling his end of the deal.

Unfortunately, after the ceremony ended, I had a health issue that landed me in an ambulance and I did not get to enjoy one blessed bit of food that I was so excited about. I will say that our guests RAVED about the food and many of them told us that this was the best wedding food that they ever had by far.

I certainly hope that we have an opportunity in the future to get to enjoy your food to see what we missed!

BTW...I am told that the chicken is phenomenal. I was really glad that I had read that in another review because it sold me to plan to have it and everyone said that it was definitely a winner!

Thank you Chris...for everything!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Hi Paula
    Thanks so much for the kind words. I'm glad that I was able to work with the two of you and make the event a success. I'm so sorry that you weren't able to enjoy the food and hope that you're feeling much better now. Congratulations again to you and Janice. I wish you both a long and happy marriage.

Chris at Just Eat This! catered my wedding buffet style and the food was phenomenal! I was one of the rare brides who made it a point to sit down and eat my dinner and I was so glad I did. Chris was so professional and responsive through the whole process and was patient with me when I was less than prompt responding to his emails. He helped me to find a menu that would please our guests and my budget and I was really pleased with what he came up with. The set up looked great and he worked well with my day of coordinator to make sure I didn't have to worry about a thing that day. I definitely am happy I chose to use Just Eat This! and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them in the future. (I also can't wait till his new food truck comes back to my office park-by far one of the best food truck lunches I've had!)

Sent on 06/08/2015

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Rachel. I'm happy that you were able to take the time and enjoy the food at your wedding. It was a pleasure working with you and I hope to continue to see you at the food truck.

Meagan · Married on 05/15/2015

Chris was great to work with. This was a destination wedding for us so the planning was tricky at times, but Chris responded to my calls or emails promptly and made me feel at ease during the process. I had a vision for what I wanted to serve my guests who had never experienced southern cuisine and Chris made it happen. Everything was executed perfectly. The food was displayed beautifully and tasted great. Our guests were very impressed and we're talking about it for months afterwards. Chris's staff was very professional and did a great job taking care of our guests. I would highly recommend Just Eat This! Catering.

Sent on 01/24/2016

Patience · Married on 05/03/2015

I found out about Just Eat This from my event planner. The food is AMAZING!!! Before I booked the company I had a taste testing and my bridesmaid and I wanted you like our plates. Since my wedding day I have heard nothing but good things from our guests about the food. We had more than enough food, which allowed for everyone to go back for seconds and some even went back for thirds. Also, several guests have asked if the caterer does private catering or if we can just have another wedding so they can get more of the food!! You and your guests will not be disappointed and I know you'll be picking your plates too!!!

Sent on 05/31/2015

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Patience for those kind words. I'm glad that you and the guests enjoyed the food. Maybe you'll be luck enough to be at another event that I cater so you can enjoy the food once again.

Laura · Married on 10/04/2014

Chris provided an extraordinary meal with excellent service. Everyone raved about the beef tenderloin with blue cheese horseradish sauce, the honey fried chicken, as well as the Mac and cheese. These things helped to create the perfect wedding for us. Just Eat This truly helped make our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thank you Laura for taking the time to leave a review of my services. I know how busy of time it can be after a wedding. I'm glad that your guests enjoyed the food. Congratulations again.
  • O

Octavia · Married on 08/09/2014

Chris was perfect. In fact, Chris was the first vendor that I contacted when I was looking for a caterer. My very first experience with Chris was straight forward, I told him I will try other caterers first because their tastings were free and if it does not work I will contact him back. He was very understandable and polite with my decision. He also told me if I decided to go with him the $50 tasting fee will be credited to my balance. I always kept that in mind. I checked out other caterers and actually ended up losing a $500 deposit with another caterer because their pricing was not transparent when I was trying to make changes to my menu, I decided to cut my loses. I tried a couple of caterers after that situation I just was not impress with their food. I finally decided to contact Chris again. When I called him I said in a jokingly manner, "Hey you have to be pretty confident in your goods and services, to charge a $50 fee for a tasting and a lot of other caterers offer their tastings for free, LOL!" If I was not so caught up on just a few bucks, I would have never lost any money or valuable time at all. The tasting was awesome! My husband loved his Tomato Vodka Pasta and Pork Sliders. Everything was scrumptious. My guest loved our food selection and the professional service his staff offered. During my reception one lady in particular catered to my hubby and I. She just kept checking on us to see if we needed anything. Chris was very polite. My whole experience with him has been so pleasant. He never lost his cool when I had to make changes to my menu a few times. His pricing was very transparent. I knew exactly what I was paying for, even down to the hourly pay for each staff member. He really made me feel like he cared. If you are looking for a caterer that has great food, a great attitude, reasonable pricing, and truly comes across as if they care about you, go with "Just Eat This". This guy and his staff are phenomenal!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Octavia! I know that we went back and forth to get this right and I think that your guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Congratulations again and thanks for everything.

Amy · Married on 03/01/2014

Chris is one talented guy! When I approached Chris about catering our wedding, I explained to him that we were going to have a buffet dinner, but I wanted the food to be exceptional. It is now 2 months after my wedding, and my guests are still raving about his food! And, our wedding band, who have played countless events all across the East Coast, told me that his was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! Chris made sure that guests were happy and full of delicious food. He prepared a plate of food for my husband and I, because he knew we wouldn't have time to make a plate for ourselves. His staff were friendly, customer-centered, and on top of drinks and food service. Throughout the planning stages, Chris was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls, often responding the same day or at the most in 24 hours. He was flexible and accommodating of our wishes, and said many times that his goal was to make our day memorable and wonderful. He certainly delivered, and my husband and I are forever grateful. Now we just need to come up with a reason to have him cater for us again!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thank you Amy for your kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to write and review and I truly enjoyed taking care of you and your guests on your special day. My main priority is to provide exceptional food and service for all events. I'll let my staff know that you appreciate their service as well. Congratulation again and I wish you a long and healthy marriage.

Alexia · Married on 12/14/2013

We used Just Eat This! Catering for our wedding and couldn't have been happier. Chris kept in close contact with us up until the wedding was over and always emailed me back right away whenever I had a question. The food was delicious and we had several guests comment on how great it tasted. We would definitely recommend Just Eat This! Catering to our friends and family. Thank you Chris for making the process and everything so easy!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Alexia for taking the time to leave a review of my services. I truly appreciate your comments and it was a pleasure to take care of your reception on Folly Beach. I wish you a lifetime of happiness and a wonderful marriage.

Stacey · Married on 11/22/2013

Chris catered the rehearsal dinner for my son's wedding. He came to the beach house that we rented and we couldn't have been happier with everything! He was so easy to work with, very professional and the food was awesome! The price stayed within our budget too. I would recommend Just Eat This! to anyone looking for a great evening at a price that won't break the bank!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Stacey. I'm glad that all of the guests enjoyed the food and hope that you had a great time here in SC. Congratulations again to the happy couple!

riley · Married on 10/12/2013

I must say that Just Eat This with chef Chris was amazing! My now husband and I are both chefs and so needless to say we were very picky about who our caterer would be. We could not have been more pleased with the results! Chris was so great about responding to emails phone calls and texts immediatly. And everyone is still raving about the food! !! I highly recommend Chef Chris and Just Eat This! Catering!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks for the review Riley. I know that you and Chris had big expectations for the food as we discussed that during the tasting. It was a pleasure taking care of you and your guests and the reception was wonderful. Congratulations to you and Chris.

Sara · Married on 10/04/2013

I contacted Chris about catering my small beach wedding in Isle of Palms. He promptly responded and was helpful in answering all of my questions. We could not have been happier with his services! Planning the menu was a breeze and he was even willing to accommodate two of our guests with dietary restrictions. The food was AMAZING and our guests have said it was some of the best wedding food they had ever had. Chris and his assistant were extremely efficient. So much so that we barely knew they were there! We were beyond impressed with their professionalism and how smoothly everything came together. We would most definitely recommend Just Eat This to anyone looking for a delicious catered meal!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Sara for the wonderful compliments. I'm glad that I was able to take care of you and your guests and everyone enjoyed the food. I work hard to make sure all details are covered and the process is as smooth as possible. I wish you many years of happiness.
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 09/14/2013

I had little involvement in actually choosing our caterer, but I am so glad that my husband found Chris and Just Eat This catering! It far exceeded our expectations in every way. We traveled to Charleston for just one day in January to meet Chris, so we were unable to do a tasting. We knew after meeting him though that he was going to do everything possible to give us the food we wanted within a very reasonable budget. He created an amazing menu for an affordable price, and on the day of the wedding we were not disappointed. We had (and since have had) so many people comment on the amazing food at our wedding--shrimp and grits (unbelievable!), apple and bacon pork loin, macaroni and cheese, green beans--it was all fabulous. Chris was unable to be at our actual wedding, but his wife was wonderful as well as the rest of the staff. We highly recommend Chris and his team for any of your catering needs. Thank you Chris!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Jenny and Garrett. I appreciate the kind words. I was going to give you some time to enjoy being newly married and follow up with you regarding your event. My wife said that everyone was complimentary the whole evening. I'm glad that you and Garrett chose Just Eat This! Catering for your special day and that we didn't disappoint. Have a wonderful and happy marriage.

Morgan · Married on 09/14/2013

Amazing food. Crab cakes and honey fried chicken were are very favorite. Very easy to work with, highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thank you Morgan for the kind words. It was a pleasure being your caterer and the setting was terrific. I wish you many years of happiness in your marriage.

Jill · Married on 06/15/2013

Absolutely wonderful food! So many options to choose from! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thank you Jill and Chip. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day and being able to take care of you and your guests. I wish you both a happy marriage. Let me know if there's anything that I can do for you in the future.

Joelle · Married on 04/20/2013

Chris and Just Eat This Catering exceeded our expectations. From the wonderful tasting (conducted at our home) through to the day-of-wedding activities, I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this company. Chef Chris provided excellent customer service and timely, reassuring, and professional communication throughout the entire process. Chris also helped us feel comfortable and relaxed leading up to the wedding and left us confident in their delivery on wedding day. Chef Chris was also very flexible and creative in designing the reception menu and setup--helping us narrow down our choices to fit our vision. Also notable was how Chris was very generous with his time, meeting with us on-site at our reception venue to plan out the setup a month or so in advance of our date.

We also appreciated the qualify of the food and excellence of the staff during our reception. Each of the servers was constantly smiling and always courteous and the food was fresh and flavorful and highly complimented by our guests. In all, Chris and the staff at Just Eat This Catering helped tremendously to make our wedding day a truly special event. Thank you.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Joelle for your glowing review of us. We truly loved working with you and Chris to plan your special day. It was a wonderful way to kick off the wedding season. You did a great job with the DIY plans and it all worked perfectly. Congratulations and I wish you years of joy.

Kristina · Married on 04/12/2013

Food was amazing! Our guests are still talking about how good the honey fried chicken was. Best wedding food ever!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Chef Chris was so easy to work with from start to finish. He never got tired of us making changes even up to the last minute (who knew we had so many food allergies in our families!). The food tasted amazing. We came back from our honeymoon and my parents were still talking about it. Thank you Chris!

Sent on 11/24/2012

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my services. It was a pleasure taking care of you and your guests and we always want to make sure everyone has a great time. Congratulations and wishing you a happy marriage.

Heather · Married on 10/13/2012

Chris is awesome!!! He worked with me so much to get my menu in my price range without sacrificing quality. All of my wedding guest told me that I had the best wedding food they have ever had. People actually came up to me during the reception to ask for the recipes (haha, I am not kidding!). When I was deciding on caterers, Chris came by my house and cooked for my family. The food was SO good, I knew he was the one! His staff did a great job making sure the plates were picked up without being overly in your face...which is exactly what you want at a wedding. When you are too aware of staff at a wedding, it's not good. The food was amazing, the service was superb and Chris is just an all around awesome guy!! I recommending him to a couple that got married a week before I did because they had trouble finding a caterer they liked and they loved Chris too! Don't give into all the hype about the caterers that have been in Charleston forever. Chris may be the new guy on the block, but he is taking Charleston by storm! I highly, highly recommend him!!! Thank you Chris for feeding my guest such delicious food. OH and the cheese display was TO DIE FOR!!!! I don't know how you do it, but I am SO glad that you do. Thanks again!!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Heather
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure to take care of you, Justin, your family and friends. Society Hall looked amazing and your girlfriends did a great job working with me to coordinate the event. It was wonderful working with you so we could make sure you had the reception that you've always wanted. Thanks again and I wish you and Justin a lifetime of happiness.

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Chris did my rehearsal dinner and wedding and both nights were great! I was researching caterers online because I live in Kentucky but was getting married on Seabrook Island, SC. It is hard to pick a caterer long distnace so I read all of the reviews and I decided to give it a try. I was so impressed and cannot say enough about Chris and his talents as a chef. He is also very easy to work with and so nice! Definitely book him for your event and your guests will rave about him! Thank you so much Chris! You made our wedding even more special!!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Jennifer. I'm glad you enjoyed it all. It was great to be able to take care of you for both events. Everyone was very complimentary as well and certainly seemed to enjoy being a part of your special day.