Just Eat This! Catering Reviews

Just Eat This! Catering 3
Just Eat This! Catering 4
Just Eat This! Catering 5

Maggie · Married on 12/01/2018

Good food and super accommodating

Chris and his team did a great job and all our guests complimented the food.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely best choice we made for our wedding!!

After exhaustively researching various food vendors, I could not have made a better selection for our wedding day catering with Just Eat This. Chef Chris delivered top-notch, professional service and our guests are still calling or emailing us 2 months later about their favorite dishes! We chose the buffet route with 3 appetizers and every single item served was superb! Our location was a tricky spot as there was no kitchen, but with his mobile food truck, Chef Chris delivered beyond our expectations. The beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce, the shrimp and grits, the apple cobbler…I could go on and on! On top of all this, Chef Chris was hands-down, the most understanding vendor I’ve ever worked with regarding the set-up of an out-of-town wedding. My husband and I traveled from an island of Alaska to be married on Folly Beach and planning from that distance was not easy. Chef Chris and the Just Eat This team made my whole night flow perfectly, delighted all our guests (not to mention us) with the to-die-for food, and even accommodated my parents on a last minute tasting session when they dropped by Charleston without prior notice. My unending thanks to Just Eat This for helping make our wedding feast unforgettable. Don’t miss out on one of the best catering guys around Charleston- Chef Chris will far exceed your every expectation.

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Just Eat This! Catering 6

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Jennifer! I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed the food and the service. You were very instrumental in the planning from such a far distance and I'm happy that I was able to meet your parents for the tasting. Congratulations again and I wish the two of you many years of happiness.

Kristina · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing food + amazing people.

These guys are seriously the best! Everyone raved about how tasty the food was. We loved the idea of the food truck, but they also have other options if you want something a little more traditional. So if you want amazing food, and wonderful people to work with, pick this vendor!

• Katie

Katie Whitman Broomell · Married on 09/29/2018

Chef Chris - great food and great to work with!

Frank and I are grateful to have had Chef Chris cater our wedding reception in September of 2018. Since we live in Virginia and were unable to fly down to Charleston for tastings, we reached out to Chef Chris based on his online reviews. Thank goodness for the reviews! They were on point. Chef Chris was extremely professional and his food was amazing. Not only did Chef Chris provide the catering, but he also was the point person for my table, chairs, and linen rental and the bar service. Having Chef Chris as the point person was a life saver, giving me a single point of contact for multiple moving parts!

Our wedding reception was held at out of town and very casual yacht club. It was a bit of a schlep from Charleston (about a 40 minute drive) and didn't have a freezer. Chef Chris brought *everything* he needed, including an ingenious way to keep ice cream without a freezer on site (not sure how he did it, but I assume I would have been impressed). His staff was terrific and multiple guests said the bar service staff was also wonderful.

The food was perfect! We had the low-country boil and it was AMAZING! The shrimp were HUGE and the corn was crisp, potatoes were perfect, and the sausage was bursting. We also had pulled pork on soft buns, as well as salad and green beans. No wedding cake - we went with apple cobbler. All my guests commented on the food, during and after the wedding reception. Serving large groups is always a challenge, but Chef Chris made it seamless and so flavorful!

Frank and I strongly recommend booking Chef Chris! He is wonderful to work with and delivers amazing food and service. Good luck!

Just Eat This! Catering 7
    Just Eat This! Catering 8
    Just Eat This! Catering 9
    Just Eat This! Catering 10

Jane · Married on 09/09/2018

Chef Chris Casner was wonderful to work with. I am from out of town and had to base what I ordered from reviews because I could not do a taste test. He worked with my budget and helped me decide on a menu that was delicious and within our budget. Our guests loved the Chicken and Waffles, Beef Tenderloin and Mashed Potato Bar! The staff was professional, yet very friendly and made sure all our needs were handled with a smile. We highly recommend Just Eat This! You'll be able to relax and enjoy your wedding day while Chef Casner is in his food truck cooking up a awesome meal for your guests. Thanks for making our daughter Liz and her new husband happy campers.

Brittany · Married on 03/24/2018

From the taste testing to the wedding, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working this Just Eat This. Chris is awesome, and he was very responsive and made the process very easy. I told him our budget and what we wanted, and he created a menu that exceeding our expectations. Lastly the FOOD! Everything was delicious, and we received a lot of compliments from our wedding guests. I would especially recommend the chicken and waffles bites. DELICIOUS!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Hi Brittany
    Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything and want to thank your guests for the compliments as well. It was a pleasure taking care of your event and I wish you years of happiness.

Kaitlin · Married on 03/17/2018

It’s now been almost a month since our wedding and I still have people raving over the food that Chef Chris prepared for our special day! That’s how good it was! I was set on having a family style dinner for the 125ish people that were attending my wedding. I believe this was the first time Chef Chris said they had done this but they pulled it off great! We served lemon chicken piccata, beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce, Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a spring salad. It was all seriously so delicious. I knew we made the right choice the second we had our tasting with him and my (very) picky fiancé cleared his plate. Chef Chris and his team were all very friendly and responsive during the processes as well. It makes me feel good to know friends and family are still talking about the food to this day! If you want delicious food at a reasonable price, give Chef Chris a call! You won’t regret it!

Lily · Married on 10/07/2017

Since we live in Maryland and had to plan everything remotely, I was a bit nervous about selecting a service solely based on reviews. However, Chris was extremely prompt with communication, easy to work with and even offered suggestions on which vendors to use since we weren't from the area. On the day of the wedding, Chris and his team were efficient, tidy, and professional. The food was AMAZING and even 'til this day, our guests still talk about how delicious the food was. Everything was truly delicious but some of our favorites were the fried green tomato, the Fall salad and, OMG, the smoked brisket!! Not only were the services and food amazing but Chris and his team really allowed us and our guests to enjoy the wedding and the food without any hiccups! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Hi Lily
    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed the food and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Charleston.

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2017

Chris and his team were AMAZING! He was very helpful in working with us to choose a menu that fit our unique dietary needs (allergies), was unique and special, had some kid-appeal, and fit within our budget. All of the planning was done without any in-person visits (or tastings), as we were planning the event from IL. The day of, Chris and his team arrived in plenty of time; the set up was perfect; and the food was amazing (a family member noted that it was the best chicken ever). We'd highly, highly recommend Just Eat This!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Hi Jennifer
    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. My family and I appreciate the opportunity to take care of your event. We appreciate the compliments regarding the food and were glad that everyone enjoyed it. We hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time on Folly Beach.

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2017

Could not have asked for a better experience. Helped us choose a menu. Recommended baker. We didn't have a tasting bc we were far away, planning. The food and service were amazing. Hire this caterer.

Julia · Married on 05/28/2017

We cannot recommend Just Eat This! highly enough!!He catered both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Chris was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and helped us craft a menu (appetizers and dinners) that we were proud to serve but were definitely within a comfortable budget. We were planning our wedding from out of state, and he made the catering part easy. He was extremely flexible and accommodated all of the little changes we made along the way. I highly recommend doing a tasting with him to sample the foods you're thinking about serving- it definitely puts your mind at ease that the food will be delicious. The guests loved the food so much that we had none left because people kept going back for seconds and thirds. Guest favorites were the fried green tomatoes, the braised short ribs, and the fried chicken. Extra bonus of Just Eat This! is that they have a food truck, so they're kitchen is self-sufficient (has a generator) and on-site. No building out a kitchen or eating food from hot boxes if you're venue is at a site that doesn't have a catering kitchen.

Sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

We used Just Eat This! Catering for our wedding and will use them again for our another big event in tre future. Chris and his team were awesome with everything they did and the compliments we received on the food were endless! Just Eat This made our experience a great one and we will without a doubt use them again!!

Nancy · Married on 05/13/2017

We definitely picked the right Caterer for our Wedding. Chris and his wife could not have been more helpful and accommodating. You will be VERY satisfied!!!!

• User6348513 · 1+ year ago

Chef Chris at Just Eat This helped us put together the perfect menu to display our taste and also southern culture. We weren't allowed to cook in the kitchen at Alhambra and his mobile kitchen was perfect for the venue! He worked within our budget to create the perfect menu and we got compliments on the food by many of the guests that night and ever since. He brought just the pefect amount of food, so if you are looking for a leftover plate in the end of the night to take home with you we would recommend asking for that.

Sent on 05/13/2017

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of my services. I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed the food and being able to cook on site with my mobile kitchen makes a big difference in the quality of the food. I'm sorry that you weren't able to have a to go box as normally it's requested in advance and we always make sure that we take care of that first.

Kristin · Married on 04/22/2017

Chris and his team were very easy to work with. The food was amazing and I am still getting compliments on our wedding food months later. We had chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, mac n cheese and green beans and every single thing was deliciousness! You will not be disappointed!

Shelby · Married on 03/17/2017

The food was amazing!!! All of our guests are still talking about the delicious chicken and waffles and shrimp and grits! I can not be more happy with Just Eat This and Chef Chris Casner! Thank you for being a part of our day and for your help through wedding planning and questions!
    -Shelby (Presnell) and Gerrit Achilles

Sent on 05/30/2017

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Hi Shelby. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We loved being at Pepper Plantation again and taking care of you and your guests for your special day. I'm so glad that you and your guests enjoyed the food. Those two menu items are definitely popular! Thanks again and congratulation to you and Gerrit. I wish the two of you a long and happy marriage.

Jenn · Married on 12/09/2016

Chris, at Just Eat This, is fantastic! I am so happy that I stumbled across him. With me having a destination wedding I was not able to taste any of his food prior to the wedding, so I relied solely on his reviews! It is only fitting that I leave him the " Best of the Best in Charleston" review! Sean and I were under a lot of stress, since our original wedding was canceled due to Hurricane Matthew. Chris took that stress off of us and assured us that everything would be just fine. He, last minute, helped reorganize the wedding for a different day and was quick to make any needed adjustments. The food was out of this world... most people say that you don't get to eat much at your own wedding... well one look at what he was serving up...you better believe we made ourselves a plate! The beef tenderloin was amazing, it's still something my guests are raving about. Not to mention the chicken and waffles as an appetizer. I missed out on those, but the way my guests talked about them, I certainly will make a trip up again to try them. My wedding planner said you were, by far, her favorite vendor to work with. Thanks so much for everything you and your team did to make our day special.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a great review of our catering services for your wedding. I knew that once the original date was rescheduled due to the hurricane that we had to make this one extra special. I'm so glad that your guests enjoyed the food as we feel that is a very important part of any event. It was great working with When in White and Ooh Events as well. Thanks again and I wish you a wonderful and happy marriage as a great 2017 too.

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

Chris and his staff catered my wedding last Saturday. However, the wedding was supposed to be in October, but Hurricane Matthew hadn't other plans. Chris was willing to change the date, and he even worked with me when my guest numbers changed. The food was outstanding (everyone was talking about how delicious It was) and his staff was so friendly. When a gust of wind blew my decorations, they quickly came to the rescue. I would HIGHLY recommend Just Eat This. My guests favorites were the chicken and waffle bites, scallops and bacon, shrimp and grit wontons, and beef with horseradish sauce. If your venue let's you bring in outside catering, Chris and Just Eat This is the only way to go!

Taryn · Married on 08/28/2016

Let me tell you that the food for our wedding was THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for me to get right. This is what your guests will talk about for days. Chef Chris did and AMAZING job. Our guests devoured our cocktail hour appetizers, and we had so much dinner food left over, we have been happy to eat them the next day. He came to our venue and took care of everything from set up, to cooking, to clean up. My guests loved his servers and his staff, they were so nice and accommodating. The food was beyond perfect and my husband and I are extremely happy to have found Chris!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Hi Taryn and Kevin
    Thanks for much for taking the time to leave a review. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day. I'm so glad that the guests and your family enjoyed the food and were able to take advantage of the leftover food. We really enjoyed interacting with the guests and your family and your mom was a great help to us. Thanks again and I wish you a long and happy marriage.

Alisa · Married on 07/28/2016

We used Just Eat This! Catering services for a small, beach wedding that was planned very last minute. We were so happy with everything from the set up to the break down. Our friends and family still talk about the wonderful food that was presented so beautifully. Chris was extremely helpful in meeting our guests dietary requirements.

Alexis · Married on 06/11/2016

Chef Chris was amazing to work with. He is the only caterer in Charleston that let you pick the items you want instead of having to choose from a set menu. We loved everything we picked and he even went as far as to help us figure out what best worked for us. The food was to die for! Even the bartenders and DJ were loving it. I will always recommend Just East This! to everyone I know.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Alexis
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad that you and the guests enjoyed the food. You and your "team" did a great job decorating the Pavilion at Pepper Plantation. It was my pleasure to take care of you on your special day and I hope that the remaining food was enjoyed.

Darby · Married on 05/29/2016

We can't say enough about Just Eat This! Chef Chris Casner and his crew were beyond accommodating when a tropical storm hit the weekend of our Edisto wedding. He made everything work out without us having to worry about a thing. Guests are still talking about his food, especially the fried green tomatoes! He was incredibly professional and easy to work with. If you are looking for great food without a lot of fuss, Chef Chris is your guy!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Hi Darby. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate the kind words. I'm so glad that we pulled it off despite the weather. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay on Edisto. Tell your mom thanks for her help as well.

Christy · Married on 05/14/2016

I wish I could guarantee .everyone the beautiful weather we had on our special day. Can't do that! But I can guarantee perfect food and service if you go with Chris and Just Eat This! People are still calling us and raving about the food. It was fresh, DELICIOUS, and nicely displayed. As good as the food was, the service was just as wonderful. Friendly, professional and on top of everything, these folks kept everything running smoothly. At the end of the wedding, which we held at our home, we were whipped and went to bed, expecting to get up and get to work. Chris' crew had policed up, had all the rental dishes stacked and ready for pick up, the left over wine and liquor put away - we didn't have to do a thing (thank you so much, guys). Best of all, the bride and groom were thrilled with everything. Chris was so easy to work with, it was a pleasure. I really can't recommend him highly enough.

Kathy · Married on 11/21/2015

Our guests loved the food!! We went with a low country themed wedding & Chef Chris delivered. The appetizers were mini shrimp & grits in wonton cups, bite sized chicken & waffles, low country egg rolls and mini ham biscuits. For dinner, we had a low country boil and roasted beef tenderloin. Everything was incredible!! Chef Chris was easy to work with and the price was great!!

Sent on 01/30/2016

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of my catering services Kathy. I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the food and it was a pleasure to be a part of your special day celebrated on Folly Beach. I wish the two of you a long and happy marriage.

Mark · Married on 10/11/2015

Chef Chris Casner with Just Eat This! Catering is a phenomenal and extremely talented chef. He was extremely helpful in planning the perfect meal for our budget. The food was absolutely amazing! Our wedding was a month ago, and my friends and family are still raving about the food. I highly recommend his services for your next event.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Mark! We loved taking care of you and Melanie. The staff appreciated how helpful and complimentary the two of you were. I'm pretty sure that they liked the M&M's especially. Congratulations again and I wish you a long and happy marriage.