Just Eat This! Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Staci
    Staci M. Getting married on 05/08/2022

Fantastic Food

We hired Chris and his crew at Just Eat This! to cater our daughters wedding in Charleston, South Carolina, and I simply cannot say enough good about the amazing food he served. Not only was the delectable food repeatedly complemented by our guests, the presentation was beautiful and the portions were very perfectly sized. Chris made sure the food was fresh and cooked just right. The shrimp and grits were the best I have ever eaten, and the wine braised beef tenderloin was fork tender, juice and simply delicious. Chris was professional in all aspects. I highly recommend Just Eat This! catering for you special day.

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks so much! We loved helping Jessica celebrate her special day at Legare Waring and are so happy that everyone enjoyed the food.
    Emily H. Getting married on 12/04/2021

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner Choice

Chris and his wonderful wife were absolutely lifesavers for our recent rehearsal dinner. The wedding had been postponed from 2020 and we so wanted the weekend to be fairytale for the bride and groom. Not knowing if the rescheduled wedding was "for sure" going to happen, due to COVID restrictions, until about a month out from the event we were unable to locate a restaurant willing to seat an entire wedding rehearsal party.

After researching options I decided it would be fun and relaxing to have a food truck cater and treat it as a picnic. I ordered picnic blankets and had Chris come to us with his food truck. The food was perfect with burgers, chicken sandwiches, fried pickles (a favorite of the bride), fries and tots.

From my first communication with Chris, I knew I had a winner. Planning it from another state could have been stressful but he was GREAT! Those attending had such a good time and said it was the most relaxed and fun rehearsal they had ever attended. They were impressed with the food.

Future Bride's, I highly recommend Just Eat This if you want stress free food planning. And Chris's food truck if you want something fun and different for your rehearsal dinner.

Mary P. Married on 07/10/2021

Should be 10 stars!

I can not say enough good things about Chef Chris and his crew!
    We hired him for a rehearsal dinner at Magnolia Plantation, I gave him a little information about what the bride liked/disliked and the menu exceeded her expectations. From the amazing appetizers (chicken and waffles were the favorite) to the pasta station, it was as if we were eating at a 5 star restaurant. Even the picky eaters were raving about the food!
    Not only was the food exceptional, so was the staff. They jumped right in and helped me with the set up and I didn't have to lift a finger during clean up, which was totally unexpected. If I could give a 10 star review, I would!

Kiara W. Married on 05/01/2021

The food was so yummy!

It was the best wedding food my family has had all year!
  • Jaime
    Jaime D. Married on 09/27/2020

Book them now!!

I cannot rave enough about Just Eat This! The food they catered at our wedding was AMAZING! Everyone couldn’t stop talking about it. We had fried chicken, pulled pork & various delicious sides... it was truly one of the best meals. As a wedding photographer myself I’m frequently disappointed with meals at weddings, but our meal was out of this world. They accommodated our request of a chocolate bowl with mousse and fresh fruit as dessert since we aren’t big cake people. It was better than I ever imagined!! I couldn’t recommend them enough. Thank you guys so so much for providing the BEST meal to our family and friends on our big day(:

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Jaime! We're honored to be included in your celebration and it looked gorgeous. Congratulations again and take care.
  • Kelly
    Kelly M. Married on 07/10/2020

Beyond our expectations!

Chef Chris and his team were amazing - from initial planning (all through emails and phone since I am out of state) to the day of my wedding, it was easy and seamless! Choosing a caterer/private chef from reviews was a little scary, but the service, presentation, and value was beyond my expectations and left my guests talking about it for days. The variety and the continuity of service was exactly what I asked for and he delivered with fantastic presentation. Each dish was delicious and tasted as good as it looked. He also made sure that I was able to grab my favorites while running around and talking with everyone during the reception. They were thoughtful and kind while being professional and very efficient in the rental home we were in. 10 out of 10 in all aspects!
  • Ansley
    Ansley Married on 02/22/2020

Best food!!!

Chris and Rita are the best to work with and the food......UNBELIEVABLE!!! One of our photographers actually celebrated when she arrived and saw that Chris was the caterer! Chris also contracted the bar service and they were top notch!
    Jessica S. Married on 10/26/2019

GREAT chef, our food was top notch!

Our guests couldn't stop talking about how AMAZING the food was at our wedding, and we agree! The chicken and mac 'n cheese were out of this world, and the chicken and waffles were top of everyone's list. Chef Chris was very laid back, easy to work with, and gave us a great tasting prior to the wedding. He helped answer all of our questions about the menu, linens, bar, and how best to serve our guests. His team was on time, professional, friendly, and gave everyone plenty of delicious food! I would HIGHLY recommend working with Chef Chris!
  • Madeline
    Madeline H. Married on 10/26/2019

You won't regret hiring Chris for your event!

We planned a last minute intimate wedding ceremony this July in Isle of Palms. We knew we wanted to celebrate afterwards, and a private chef meal seemed like the perfect option. After a google search, I found Chris! He was super easy to work with leading up to our wedding day. He arrived with his assistant and jumped right into cooking! We were able to get married out on the beach with the peace of mind knowing that he didn't need us, and that his meal would be ready for us when we came back inside! As we came back into the house everyone commented that it smelled AMAZING. He had fried green tomatoes ready for all of us, and that was just the start to an awesome meal. Every single course was incredible, and the professionalism was 5 stars! There were other small moments throughout the meal where Chris just knew exactly what we needed without even needing to be asked. For example, as we began cutting the cake it became clear to him that we didn't prepare dessert plates/flatware to serve it. Before we knew it he already had the plates and silverware laid out for us before we even had the first slice cut! I am so grateful that I found Chris to cook for us on our special day. His services definitely made the night! Thanks Chris!
    Stacey W. Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful Experience

Chris and his wife, Rita, were so wonderful to work with. They catered our rehearsal party with about 75 guests and our wedding reception with 150 guests in Charleston, SC. They did a phenomenal job! Everyone raved about the delicious food. I definitely recommend using them for catering!
    Donna Married on 06/01/2019

Fabulous food and service!

Chef Chris is the owner of Just Eat this catering and he catered our wedding for 190 people and did a fantastic job! We had a buffet service with Shrimp and Grits, mashed sweet potatoes, beef and green beans! The salads were pre-plated and the food was delicious! Our guests loved the food and still talked about how good everything was even two weeks after the event! We used Just Eat This catering for the Sunday Brunch at our home the next morning, hosting 45 people. I rented extra small tables, chairs, coffee maker and mugs and used plastic dinner ware and utensils. Chef Chris brought everything he needed with 2 additional staff members to help. Everything was great! The guests loved the omelets and the Chicken and Waffles! They were very good about gathering the used plates and keeping things tidy! The staff was very pleasant and courteous to my guests. We were very happy and glad we used this vendor. Chef Chris' pricing was reasonable and it was also the determining factor for my choice! I will use him again! He gave me a fantastic affordable memory and I am already planning an anniversary party for October and will use his services again! You won't regret it! They were great! His wife was adorable and very professional! I highly recommend this vendor! :)

• Aly
    Aly C. Married on 03/23/2019

Friendly and helpful

My husband and I got married this past Saturday, March 23rd. Trying to find the right catering company was overwhelming because there are so many options. Once we found Chris with Just Eat This, the search was over. The food was amazing, all of the guests are still raving over it!
    Maggie Married on 12/01/2018

Good food and super accommodating

Chris and his team did a great job and all our guests complimented the food.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely best choice we made for our wedding!!

After exhaustively researching various food vendors, I could not have made a better selection for our wedding day catering with Just Eat This. Chef Chris delivered top-notch, professional service and our guests are still calling or emailing us 2 months later about their favorite dishes! We chose the buffet route with 3 appetizers and every single item served was superb! Our location was a tricky spot as there was no kitchen, but with his mobile food truck, Chef Chris delivered beyond our expectations. The beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce, the shrimp and grits, the apple cobbler…I could go on and on! On top of all this, Chef Chris was hands-down, the most understanding vendor I’ve ever worked with regarding the set-up of an out-of-town wedding. My husband and I traveled from an island of Alaska to be married on Folly Beach and planning from that distance was not easy. Chef Chris and the Just Eat This team made my whole night flow perfectly, delighted all our guests (not to mention us) with the to-die-for food, and even accommodated my parents on a last minute tasting session when they dropped by Charleston without prior notice. My unending thanks to Just Eat This for helping make our wedding feast unforgettable. Don’t miss out on one of the best catering guys around Charleston- Chef Chris will far exceed your every expectation.

Just Eat This! Catering's reply:

Thanks Jennifer! I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed the food and the service. You were very instrumental in the planning from such a far distance and I'm happy that I was able to meet your parents for the tasting. Congratulations again and I wish the two of you many years of happiness.
    Kristina Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing food + amazing people.

These guys are seriously the best! Everyone raved about how tasty the food was. We loved the idea of the food truck, but they also have other options if you want something a little more traditional. So if you want amazing food, and wonderful people to work with, pick this vendor!
  • Katie
    Katie W. Married on 09/29/2018

Chef Chris - great food and great to work with!

Frank and I are grateful to have had Chef Chris cater our wedding reception in September of 2018. Since we live in Virginia and were unable to fly down to Charleston for tastings, we reached out to Chef Chris based on his online reviews. Thank goodness for the reviews! They were on point. Chef Chris was extremely professional and his food was amazing. Not only did Chef Chris provide the catering, but he also was the point person for my table, chairs, and linen rental and the bar service. Having Chef Chris as the point person was a life saver, giving me a single point of contact for multiple moving parts!

Our wedding reception was held at out of town and very casual yacht club. It was a bit of a schlep from Charleston (about a 40 minute drive) and didn't have a freezer. Chef Chris brought *everything* he needed, including an ingenious way to keep ice cream without a freezer on site (not sure how he did it, but I assume I would have been impressed). His staff was terrific and multiple guests said the bar service staff was also wonderful.

The food was perfect! We had the low-country boil and it was AMAZING! The shrimp were HUGE and the corn was crisp, potatoes were perfect, and the sausage was bursting. We also had pulled pork on soft buns, as well as salad and green beans. No wedding cake - we went with apple cobbler. All my guests commented on the food, during and after the wedding reception. Serving large groups is always a challenge, but Chef Chris made it seamless and so flavorful!

Frank and I strongly recommend booking Chef Chris! He is wonderful to work with and delivers amazing food and service. Good luck!
    Jane Married on 09/09/2018
    Chef Chris Casner was wonderful to work with. I am from out of town and had to base what I ordered from reviews because I could not do a taste test. He worked with my budget and helped me decide on a menu that was delicious and within our budget. Our guests loved the Chicken and Waffles, Beef Tenderloin and Mashed Potato Bar! The staff was professional, yet very friendly and made sure all our needs were handled with a smile. We highly recommend Just Eat This! You'll be able to relax and enjoy your wedding day while Chef Casner is in his food truck cooking up a awesome meal for your guests. Thanks for making our daughter Liz and her new husband happy campers.
    Brittany Married on 03/24/2018
    From the taste testing to the wedding, my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working this Just Eat This. Chris is awesome, and he was very responsive and made the process very easy. I told him our budget and what we wanted, and he created a menu that exceeding our expectations. Lastly the FOOD! Everything was delicious, and we received a lot of compliments from our wedding guests. I would especially recommend the chicken and waffles bites. DELICIOUS!

Hi Brittany
    Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed everything and want to thank your guests for the compliments as well. It was a pleasure taking care of your event and I wish you years of happiness.
    Kaitlin Married on 03/17/2018
    It’s now been almost a month since our wedding and I still have people raving over the food that Chef Chris prepared for our special day! That’s how good it was! I was set on having a family style dinner for the 125ish people that were attending my wedding. I believe this was the first time Chef Chris said they had done this but they pulled it off great! We served lemon chicken piccata, beef tenderloin with horseradish sauce, Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a spring salad. It was all seriously so delicious. I knew we made the right choice the second we had our tasting with him and my (very) picky fiancé cleared his plate. Chef Chris and his team were all very friendly and responsive during the processes as well. It makes me feel good to know friends and family are still talking about the food to this day! If you want delicious food at a reasonable price, give Chef Chris a call! You won’t regret it!
    Lily Married on 10/07/2017
    Since we live in Maryland and had to plan everything remotely, I was a bit nervous about selecting a service solely based on reviews. However, Chris was extremely prompt with communication, easy to work with and even offered suggestions on which vendors to use since we weren't from the area. On the day of the wedding, Chris and his team were efficient, tidy, and professional. The food was AMAZING and even 'til this day, our guests still talk about how delicious the food was. Everything was truly delicious but some of our favorites were the fried green tomato, the Fall salad and, OMG, the smoked brisket!! Not only were the services and food amazing but Chris and his team really allowed us and our guests to enjoy the wedding and the food without any hiccups! Highly recommended!

Hi Lily
    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed the food and hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Charleston.
    Jennifer Married on 06/28/2017
    Could not have asked for a better experience. Helped us choose a menu. Recommended baker. We didn't have a tasting bc we were far away, planning. The food and service were amazing. Hire this caterer.
    Jennifer Married on 06/28/2017
    Chris and his team were AMAZING! He was very helpful in working with us to choose a menu that fit our unique dietary needs (allergies), was unique and special, had some kid-appeal, and fit within our budget. All of the planning was done without any in-person visits (or tastings), as we were planning the event from IL. The day of, Chris and his team arrived in plenty of time; the set up was perfect; and the food was amazing (a family member noted that it was the best chicken ever). We'd highly, highly recommend Just Eat This!

Hi Jennifer
    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. My family and I appreciate the opportunity to take care of your event. We appreciate the compliments regarding the food and were glad that everyone enjoyed it. We hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time on Folly Beach.
    Julia Married on 05/28/2017
    We cannot recommend Just Eat This! highly enough!!He catered both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Chris was extremely helpful throughout the whole process and helped us craft a menu (appetizers and dinners) that we were proud to serve but were definitely within a comfortable budget. We were planning our wedding from out of state, and he made the catering part easy. He was extremely flexible and accommodated all of the little changes we made along the way. I highly recommend doing a tasting with him to sample the foods you're thinking about serving- it definitely puts your mind at ease that the food will be delicious. The guests loved the food so much that we had none left because people kept going back for seconds and thirds. Guest favorites were the fried green tomatoes, the braised short ribs, and the fried chicken. Extra bonus of Just Eat This! is that they have a food truck, so they're kitchen is self-sufficient (has a generator) and on-site. No building out a kitchen or eating food from hot boxes if you're venue is at a site that doesn't have a catering kitchen.
    Nancy Married on 05/13/2017
    We definitely picked the right Caterer for our Wedding. Chris and his wife could not have been more helpful and accommodating. You will be VERY satisfied!!!!
    Sarah Married on 05/13/2017
    We used Just Eat This! Catering for our wedding and will use them again for our another big event in tre future. Chris and his team were awesome with everything they did and the compliments we received on the food were endless! Just Eat This made our experience a great one and we will without a doubt use them again!!