Just Desserts by Jess Reviews

Just Desserts by Jess 3
Just Desserts by Jess 4
Just Desserts by Jess 5

Stephanie · Married on 10/28/2016

I went to a party and tried Just Desserts cake and cookies and I was amazed! Not only did they look amazing, they tasted even better. When I decided to host a 50th birthday party for myself, I knew I wanted Jess to make a cake for me. Every email I sent her was answered right away. Delivery was on time. Most of all my cake and cookies were a work of art. The cake was so beautiful we did not want to cut into it. Every guest was blown away at how delicious it was!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Suzanne · Married on 10/15/2016

Jess is the BEST!!! I highly recommend her for all your dessert needs. I have worked with Jess on four different occasions and there is no one else I would use for our cakes and cupcakes. Jess is a pleasure to work with and really listens to what you want. My son is a very picky eater and he couldn't stop eating the cake samples. In fact, he ate all of the samples. For the first event, Jess made the most beautiful and delicious cake we had ever seen or eaten. Even the caterer was taking pictures and raving about it. Jess has also made cupcakes for us as well, which were delectable. For our most recent event, my son wanted two cakes because he couldn't choose between two flavors. We had people coming up to us after the event to ask if there was extra cake because they had never eaten a better cake. Look no further, Jess is AWESOME!!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Suzanne! It is always a pleasure working with you and your family for your speical occasions! Look forward to the next one!

Jacqueline Abinakad · Married on 10/10/2016

Desserts by Jess Always Impresses

I have worked with Desserts by Jess on a number of occasions; bridal shower, baby showers, baptisms and most recently my sons first birthday. She never fails to impress me with her final product. I love that she is so easy to work with and you are able to bounce ideas off of her and come up with the best design together. Whenever I see the cake and cookies I can’t believe how perfect it is. My guests are always blown away and most importantly love the way it tastes! I highly reccomend her for all occasion!!

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Charity314

Charity · Married on 10/08/2016

Jess worked closely with us to get exactly what we wanted and stay within our budget. We are both very busy people so we never actually had a cake tasting but let me tell you we didn't need too. Not only was the cake gorgeous it truly was the best tasting cake I have ever had. I totally am trying to save the top tier in my freezer until next year but....every time I see it...I want to eat a piece. I am also trying to figure out what other events I can have cake at so I can work with Jess again!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks Charity! It was a pleasure working with you and Owen!

Jaclyn · Married on 09/04/2016

Jess was awesome to work with (very responsive to emails) and my cake was delicious. I ordered my wedding cake and it looked exactly like the picture I chose. We had the tasting at Jess's in-home commercial kitchen and had trouble choosing our two cake flavors because all the flavors we tried were so good. Jess delivered our cake (on-time) to the venue and set it up for us. Her prices are very reasonable. Based on my experience with Jess, I recommend her services for wedding cake and any other cake/baking needs. She makes birthday cakes and a variety of decorated cookies as well! Thanks Jess!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Jackie! I was so happy to be part of your special day! Look forward to working together again in the future!

I used Jess for my Bridal shower at the end of February! What a gem! I wasn't sure who to use so I googled a few people, I found Jess, liked her portfolio. She was so easy to work with and very responsive. She made the whole process extremely easy and stress free. I through around some ideas of what I wanted and she brought them to life! My bridal cake and cupcake dress cake looked amazing. But here is the thing that sets her apart, it was THE best tasting cake we have ever had!! ALL my friends were raving about the taste. One was even having a baby shower and called her that evening to see if she could do her cake. I will use her again for my friends upcoming shower! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Kristina! I was so happy to be part of your bridal shower and so happy that you enjoyed everything! Look forward to working together again on future events!

Christina · Married on 03/12/2016

Jess is awesome!!! It was an absolute pleasure to work with her. She is very professional and reliable. My guests raved about our wedding cake. We couldn't count how many times people said it was the best cake they ever tasted. The cake was stunning and we were extremely pleased to serve our friends and family such a beautiful and delicious dessert. We greatly appreciate her patience, artistry and impeccable attention to detail. We highly recommend Desserts by Jess!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Christina! I was so happy to be part of your special day!

PatriziA · Married on 03/05/2016

Jessica is truly a talented and professional woman. She is honest and trustworthy when asking for her opinion on different ideas you may have for your special day! I will use her forever! !!! I recommend her to anyone her work is amazing. Very professional and reliable!

Review by : Patrizia Iavarone

Sent on 12/13/2015

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Patrizia! I was so happy to be part of your bridal shower celebration! Have a wonderful wedding on the island and look forward to working together again on a future event!

Jess is an amazing baker and artist! Her finished cakes are flawless and taste incredibly good. I've used her several times over the last year for a three tier baptism cake along with several other birthday and special occasion cakes. And I already have her lined up to bake my daughter's first birthday cake early next year. She's simply the best!

Sent on 12/06/2016

susana · Married on 10/24/2015

Jess, was amazing to work with! she understood exactly my vision for my daughters 1st Birthday cake, Not only was the cake beautiful but i received so many compliments that it was delicious as well! I also ordered cookies that were amazing tasting too! I will definitely use her again for any future events and will refer any of my friends and family to her.

Just Desserts by Jess 6
    Just Desserts by Jess 7
    Just Desserts by Jess 8
    Sent on 11/29/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/10/2015

I never thought it would be so challenging to find a wedding baker to make mini pies, yummy shooters and to die for cake pops along with my cake. But it was! That is, until I found Jess. This girl CRUSHED IT! Not only is she just the sweetest most lovely young woman. But she delivered every last bit of my dream desserts. And everything was beyond DELICIOUS! The presentation was gorgeous. My naked pumpkin wedding cake was perfect. GET THE BANANA CREAM SHOOTERS. They will change your life. I didn't know I loved cake pops until I tried Jess's. They will blow your mind. We can't wait till my sisters wedding next year to hire Jess again. She nailed it!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Courtney! I was so happy to part of your special day! Can't wait to plan the details for your sister's big day!

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2015

Jess did the entire dessert table (cake, cupcakes, cake pops, cookie favors, etc) for my baby shower and I couldn't have been more ecstatic when I saw it! Everything from the presentation to the taste was perfect and matched the color scheme exactly. I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of it because it was definitely magazine worthy. There was not one piece left at the end of the party as all of the guests lined up to take the sweets home with them! She was extremely easy to work with and answered emails almost immediately. I'd highly recommend her for your event.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Gina · Married on 09/25/2015

Jess is the BEST! I have used her service for many occasions and the cake is always delicious and such a big hit! My husband and I froze the grooms cake (the cake Jess made) instead of our actual wedding cake! She makes the entire transaction easy! Would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Gina! It is always so much fun turning your creative ideas into cake! Look forward to the next event!

I'm sorry it took so long to write this review! We were referred to Jess by a friend when we found out out venue was not able to bake the type of cake we were looking for. We showed Jess exactly what we wanted and she delivered and even offered to do 2 flavors. The death by chocolate and red velvet tiers were perfection. Our cake was absolutely beautiful! It looked exactly like we wanted, and was so elegant looking. Also, just as important, it was delicious! Would definitely recommend using Jess. She was also very reasonably priced, especially compared to other cake bakeries, and we were 100% happy with our cake!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Courtney! I was so happy to be part of your special day!
  • F

francesca · Married on 11/15/2014

I am so incredibly happy that I had an excuse to use Just Desserts by Jess, as I've been a fan of her work for a few years now! I heard of her through a friend and was so excited to use her for my son's first birthday party cake. Her responsiveness is impeccable, the process was so easy from a clients point of view, and she is thorough and of course so sweet upon our meeting when she dropped the cake off. I cannot wait to use her again and I cannot stop recommending her to friends and family; even though her work spoke for itself when everyone saw and ate the delicious cake! All of the kind reviews I've read online/Facebook were true. She is all around a great choice for any special occasion dessert!

Sent on 08/23/2017

laurie · Married on 06/14/2014

The baby shower cake was spectacular! It was exactly what we wanted and all the little details that we asked for were perfect. When we tasted it, we couldn't believe that it could taste even better than it looked."

Just Desserts by Jess 9
    Sent on 01/02/2018

Agnes · Married on 06/07/2014

Jess is beyond amazing! I have used her for three events and will continue to do so. From the initial interaction, to her creative ideas and end product - I cannot say enough! Her cookies/cakes not only look amazing but taste delicious! I highly recommend her services, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Agnes! I was so happy to part of all your special events over the last few years!

Tracy · Married on 04/26/2014

Jess was great to work with! I sent her a picture of the cake that I wanted and the cake that she made looked identical. She was super flexible about delivery and the time of delivery and was always available for any questions I had. The cake was delicious too!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Antonella · Married on 09/21/2013

I have used Just desserts By Jess a few times and have never been disappointed! She is very talented, professional, and easy to talk to. My guests always ask where I get my cakes and I'm
    Always too happy to tell them; Just desserts By Jess!

Just Desserts by Jess 10
    Just Desserts by Jess 11
    Just Desserts by Jess 12
    Sent on 08/14/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/15/2011

Beautiful AND Delicious

I ordered a Winnie the Pooh cake from Jess for my sister-in-law's baby shower, and it turned out so great! It was so adorably beautiful! Most importantly though the cake was also delicious. In my past experiences with other bakeries, cakes are often beautiful but not so tasty. This was not the case with Just Desserts by Jess. We had a funfetti cake with vanilla buttercream - the texture and taste of the buttercream was absolutely delightful -- several guests commented it on it! I highly recommend Jess - she was great to work with and delivered an amazing product.

Just Desserts by Jess 13
    Sent on 12/14/2018

Marina · Married on 07/09/2011

The perfect cake!

Jess was a true pleasure to work with. She is kind and honest and most importantly so talented. We ordered my daughter’s baptism cake from Jess and not only was it stunning but so delicious too. She paid close attention to every detail I wanted. I highly recommend ordering your next cake from Jess.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Andrea · Married on 00/00/0000

Service with a smile!

Jess was amazing to work with! She really helped me make decisions about what work look best. She is so professional and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 01/18/2019

Genna · Married on 06/30/2018

Working with Jess was SO easy and enjoyable! She made a cake for my son's first birthday party. I sent her a picture of the invitation and she matched it perfectly! even added cute details to it. She was prompt at responding and worked with me easily. She delivered the cake to my house and was on time, professional but also so easy to chat with. I love all of her work and hope to have a reason to get a cake again soon!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Michelle · event on: 07/22/2017

Jess created the most gorgeous & delicious cake and cookies for my daughter's birthday party.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2013

I was referred to Jess while I was on a hunt to find a bakery that could create a cupcake tower instead of a traditional wedding cake. Just Desserts does not have a storefront at the moment, but with all the yummy goodness that is created by owner & baker extraordinaire, Jessica Minisci, that is sure to change soon! In the meantime, check our her website www.justdessertsbyjess.com

We sampled cupcakes from 3 or 4 other bakeries in NY & CT and were very disappointed. They looked sloppy, did not taste great (despite having hundreds of flavor options) and the towers they offered were poor quality.

Jess was so helpful, flexible and accommodating throughout the entire decision making process and very responsive to all my millions of questions. She talked me out of purchasing a large expensive cupcake stand on Etsy and, instead, had 2 extra tiers added onto her existing tower so it would fit 200 cupcakes (at no extra charge)! She even made little chalkboard signs that sat on the tiers so guests knew what all the flavors were based on a Pinterest photo I sent her.

The tower looked AMAZING when it was all set up! We could not get over it when we walked into the room and saw it...it looked so grand and was everything we hoped for and more! She made a small cake (strawberry shortcake) covered in white fondant to sit on the top tier so we still did the traditional cake cutting and we had 4 cupcake flavors - Nutella, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Vanilla Salted Caramel & Almond Coconut. They were delicious and our guests loved that they could just grab one off the display in between dancing.

The price was reasonable too and included delivery, set up, 200 cupcakes & the small cake. Other bakeries wanted to charge $6-$12 PER SLICE for a traditional cake. The cupcakes cost around $3 each.

I highly recommend Desserts by Jess for all your baking needs!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Just Desserts by Jess's reply:

Thanks so much Jennifer! I was so happy to be part of your special day!