Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations Reviews

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 6
Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 7

Constance Philpot · Married on 05/18/2019

My fitting

Juliya was great to work with!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Hi Constance! Thank for taking the time to leave us a review! It made our Friday that much better :)
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 05/04/2019

Talented and Affordable Alterations!

Juliya was absolutely wonderful to work with! I contacted her about a month before my wedding, and she was able to fit me into her schedule. I needed her to take in my very ornate wedding dress, and she did the most amazing job! The dress had a corset top with lots of flower appliques and tons of layers, so I was worried it would take forever to alter and cost a million dollars. Juliya had it done with time to spare and it was way less than I expected to pay. I HIGHLY recommend going to Juliya for all of your alteration needs!!!

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 8
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 9
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 10

Sarah · Married on 04/12/2019

Juliya is amazing!

I needed my wedding dress bustled and cups placed and found Juliya here on Wedding Wire. She did a phenomenal job, was very communicative, her prices were great, and she was very pleasant and easy to work with. I plan to use her on any future alterations or tailoring. I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/26/2019

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Thank you so much, Sarah! We appreciate you taking the time to leave such kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the future :)
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 03/23/2019

This woman is a treasure

Let me start by saying I purchased my gown from a second-hand charity store. It was originally a size 14, which had been altered to a 10. I fell in love with it, except I needed it in a size 6-ish. The gown was fitted through the hip and had hand-sewn lace detailing all over. Oh, also, I'm 5'2", and needed close to 6 inches cut off the bottom hem.

When I first consulted with Juliya and got the price quote, there was a little bit of sticker shock, BUT she fully explained to me the process of what had to be done, and why. After I saw the final product, I can assure you she is worth every single penny. I ended up with a dress that was literally one of a kind, made for me, and could not have possibly fit or shown off my figure any better. We did four visits over the course of three months, and each meeting was like catching up with a friend. We talked candidly about our families, our previous struggles, how lucky we are to be where we are now... not only did I get the wedding gown of my dreams, but I felt a connection with a woman I'd barely known. I had to give her a hug before I left the last time.

She just moved into a brand new office space in the same plaza and it is BEAUTIFUL inside. With Juliya you are getting more than a hemmed-up dress. You're being taken care of, and it shows.

Sent on 04/18/2019
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 11
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 12

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Courtney! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a beautiful review!! You looked wonderful :) We hope to see you again!

tina · Married on 03/21/2019

Juliya is a wedding saver!

I called Juliya less than a month before a destination wedding (and one that was being filmed for a TV show). I'd started to fall out of love with the dress and it was WAY too long. She got me in the same day for a consult! It was ready right on time - perfectly sized, with a new train, an amazing bustle, and somehow (magic?) managed to preserve the very defined lace pattern at the bottom. She even let me video her giving instructions for the bustle so my bridesmaids could handle the job! She's amazing.

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 13
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 14

Emily · Married on 12/01/2018

Juliya is the best!

Working with Juliya was so great it one of the highlights of my wedding preparations! She is highly experienced and professional with attention to detail that will make your gown perfect. She magically tailored my dress so that it like a glove, yet I will still able to dance and sit comfortably throughout my wedding day! Moreover, Juliya is so kind, fun, and enjoyable to work with! I give her my highest recommendation!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Emily, thank you SO much for leaving us such kind words! Really made our Monday :) Hope your wedding was every you dreamed and wish you many happy years together

Mary · Married on 11/02/2018

Meticulous

Unbelievable experience with Juliya. Treated you like family. My daughter ‘s dress was perfect for her wedding day. Juliya was precise and had her dress finished in ample time. Highly recommend her if you want your dress tailored by a true professional!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Mary, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave us a review! We hope the wedding was everything you all dreamed!

Christine · Married on 10/20/2018

Dress looked like it was made for me!

I purchased my dress at BHLDN and took it to Juliya for alterations. The dress was pretty before but she made it fit like it was custom made for me! I was so confident and impressed with her services, my mom took her dress there too! I was wary of a bustle, as I think sometimes they can look like rabbit tails, but she made it lay flat and taught my mom how to do it for day-of. She listens to what you are thinking and makes a recommendation based on her professional opinion (which I always really appreciate...you're the seamstress, not me!) The dress fit perfectly and was comfortable for dancing all night long. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Christine, thank you for your kind words! We hope your day was everything you dreamed. Share a photo when you can!

Suzanne · Married on 10/05/2018

Beautiful work

I found a beautiful minimalist dress with a silk tulle overlay and a lace topper and went to Juliya's at the recommendation of a friend. I’m SO glad I did. I can’t recommend Juliya's enough- she was so sweet, very talented, flexible with scheduling, and super efficient (every fitting I was in and out). She shortened the length, took in the bodice, removed the skirt’s weird train, and replaced the topper’s long ribbons with a button closure. The work was beautiful/quality, timely, and so reasonable in cost. I absolutely loved wearing my light, airy dress, and am absolutely recommending her to anyone who needs alterations.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Mia

Mia · Married on 08/03/2018

I was so nervous about finding the right seamstress to alter my dress – it’s incredibly delicate with boning in the bodice, multiple layers of lace, and beading from top to toe. On top of that, I bought it off the rack and it needed many repairs. After contacting several companies, I had a consultation with Juliya and knew she was the one. I could not have been more thrilled with her service – she hemmed my dress perfectly, added cups and tightened the bodice, gave me the most gorgeous French bustle, and spent hours meticulously repairing the beading, boning, lace, zipper, etc. As much as I loved it before, when she was finished it was like I had a whole new dress that I loved more than I thought possible! Juliya is an absolute expert at her craft and it is clear that this is her calling. On top of that, she was just wonderfully pleasant to work with and gave such great customer service. I also thought her prices were very fair and honestly worth every penny. I will definitely be going back to her for any future alterations I need and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/24/2018
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 15
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 16
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 17

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Mia! You looked so beautiful! We hope the day was a dream :) would it be possible to share your story and photos on the website? Would be happy to credit your photographer too!

Kristina, customer service

Danielle · Married on 07/03/2018

I purchased my wedding dress at Betsy Robinson's, but the reviews for alterations were so mixed that I decided to take my dress elsewhere.
    After searching specifically for bridal gown reviews, I decided on Juliya, and I am SOOOO happy that I did!
    My dress had a lot of beading in the top half, and most of it was sewn into that very delicate, stocking-like material that gives the illusion there is nothing there. Juliya actually had to take in areas with that material and I could not even tell!
    She understands women's bodies and it's obvious in her work. She made my dress look like it was custom made for me! She is warm and friendly, and my mom and I enjoyed my appointments with her! My mom even ended up getting a dress altered for a garden party, and she got lots of compliments on it!
    The pricing was more than I initially thought it would be (before going there! She did not charge more than her initial quote) but you get what you pay for, and she is top notch!
    I HIGHLY recommend Juliya's Custom Tailoring & Alterations for your wedding gown (or anything!)
    I will go back to her with confidence for any other alterations!

Sent on 07/30/2018
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 18
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 19

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Danielle, thank you so much for taking the time to leave not one but TWO reviews for us :) You look absolutely gorgeous and we can't wait to see you again!

Venice · Married on 05/05/2018

Juliya is very talented. I had purchased a Vera Wang hi-low wedding gown that the salon said they would not alter because it was a designer gown. It was a couple inches too short for my long legs & I didn’t have time to order the extra-long gown. She restructured the dress to remove a layer from the back and add it to the front.... just beautiful!
    As if that wasn’t enough. I bought a veil that I decided not to use. I asked her to just cut it & make me a shawl as a cover during the ceremony. No! She made me a whole new look with it. She sewed a tube to fit over my top.

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 20

Christina · Married on 03/24/2018

Juliya was so so so amazing! The quality of her work is so incredible, particularly for the price. I have an expensive wedding dress that only needed a hem and some cups for support and people quoted me so so high just because of the designer that made the dress. Juliya saw me 3 times, worked with my impossible teaching schedule and was so comforting when we needed to take in the back mesh of my dress after the 2nd fitting. She showed me how the bustle worked as many times as I needed.
    Her work is flawless. I am going no where else from now on.

Fyi: cash only

Sent on 04/08/2018

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! It means so much :) hope your wedding was amazing!! <3

Meghan · Married on 11/18/2017

Juliya is a true artist! I bought my wedding dress at a big bridal salon but knew that I wanted a more personal alterations experience. Juliya was recommended to me by a friend who had gone to Juliya for saving from an alterations nightmare at a different place. Like my friend's, my experience was also amazing. Juliya took my dream dress and made it even more perfect with her alterations. She is honest and gave super helpful advice along the way and I feel extremely confident in my dress. My dress has lots of complicated beading and she worked her magic and you cannot even tell alterations were made to those areas. Her pricing is reasonable and she works quickly while still being a perfectionist. Rely on her experience and you won't be disappointed. I can't recommend her any more highly!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Meghan,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review!! Would love to see pics when they're ready :) hope your special day is perfect!

Chelsea · Married on 09/16/2017

Juliya was a true life saver! I reached out to her a little too out of the timeline of my wedding day for some hemming and slight alterations and she was a magician! My dress was absolutely beautiful and fit perfectly!! Her pricing was extremely fair and I was definitely a bride on a budget! I am excited to go back again for help on a bridesmaid dresses and look forward to seeing her again!

Sent on 10/28/2017
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 21

Caitlin · Married on 09/03/2017

Juliya was fantastic and I would recommend her to anyone. My dress fit me perfectly and she made me feel so comfortable and beautiful during my fittings, even when I wasn't feeling so confident. She is a true professional and an expert at what she does.

Sent on 09/28/2017

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Thank you so much, Caitlin, for taking the time and leaving a review!! We hope your wedding was perfect ☺️

Aimee · Married on 09/02/2017

Juliya was an absolute pleasure to work with! I live in the DC Metro area and Juliya was incredibly flexible when working with my schedule and rush hour traffic. Her talent speaks for itself. I had lost some weight prior to the wedding and needed the dress to be altered in the waist and bust. She was able to take it in seamlessly and was meticulous in her work. She also created a veil for me that was beautiful and gave sound advice on what type of veil would look best with my style dress. I found Juliya to be reasonable and more than worth the price I paid!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 22
    Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations 23

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Aimee, it was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for taking the time to leaving us a review and sharing the photos! You looked beautiful :)

Jen · Married on 04/21/2017

Juliya is a dear. I came to her about 6 weeks out from my wedding for alterations and she was able to squeeze me into her busy schedule. She aims for perfection and instantly makes you feel comfortable. With each fitting, I was assured that everything would be perfect and she truly does quality work. She has many, many years of experience and I would trust her with any gown! My gown was mermaid style, with feather detailing, many many layers of tulle and crinoline and I am petite in size so it needed a lot of alterations! Juliya was up for the challenge and handled it with finesse. I am so glad I was able to give her my business.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Hi Jen! Thank you so much for the lovely review :)

Mandy · Married on 02/25/2017

Juliya was great!! She is very sweet and reasonably priced!! She did a great job tailoring my wedding dress!!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Hi Mandy! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Hope your wedding was amazing!

Susan · Married on 10/15/2016

I found Juliya on Yelp, and I have to say, I am so glad I went with her to alter my dress! My dress was completely lace from tip to toe, and it had multiple layers, and it had to be both let out and taken in in different spots, and it fit PERFECTLY on the day of my wedding! She worked fast and the final price was a great value for what I got! My husband also had her alter his wedding suit, and that turned out amazing as well for a great price. I would highly recommend Juliya to alter your wedding dress or suit!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Juliya's Custom Tailoring and Alterations's reply:

Hi Susan! Thank you for taking the time and leaving us a kind review :) Hope your wedding was magical!

Aleksey · Married on 09/21/2016

Our go-to tailor. We had Juliya alter my tux, my wife's wedding dress, several other dresses, and my mother-in-laws dress for our wedding. The quality of her work is excellent and she is very personable. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/07/2016

amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

Juliya is an absolute angel. I am so so blessed that we found her. My dress arrived about 4 sizes too big, and it was an extremely complicated dress to boot. Lace, beading, boning, tulle, scalloped hem - you name it. It was extremely difficult to get the thing to fit my body and stay up. Juliya worked some magic. It was amazing. She even dealt with my extreme level of stress, and I owe her a huge thank you (which will be coming in the mail at some point!) and a picture of her work, becuase it is truly amazing. She worked a miracle to make that dress fit and look stunning, and her prices were incredible. She had quoted us at the beginning, and despite it taking three times the amount of time she had thought it would take, she honored that price. In the midst of that - she also altered my rehearsal dinner dress (which was a lot less work haha, but amazing after she worked her magic), a pair of my mother's pants, and gave a consultation to my mother for her mother of the bride dress. Her shop is adorable, and her personality is so happy and upbeat. She definitely has a passion for what she does and it shows. She for sure, has a life long customer in my family, and I am so grateful for her work on my dress. I wish I could give her 55 stars!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Good Morning Amanda!
    Thank you so much for the kind review, it really made my morning :) I look forward to working with you in the future! Best, Juliya

Juliya was fantastic! She does amazing work! I had a wedding dress that needed some serious letting out because I had gained quite a few pounds after getting the dress with wedding stress and a new job. When I had my first fitting with her I could barely squeeze into the dress let alone close it. Juliya was able to let the dress out and added additional material to the back panel so that by the final fitting I was able to get into the dress without any trouble and I could barely tell at all that it was altered! She also hemmed the dress and added a bustle that was very easy to use. Juliya was great to work with and was able to complete the whole project in about 3 weeks! I was planning the wedding from out of town so I had very limited ability to come home for fittings. For what I had done, her pricing was very reasonable, especially considering the time constraints. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/01/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2016

I went to Juliya to have my wedding dress tailored and she was wonderful! Her shop is super adorable and she made sure to take the time to meet with me one on one with no other customers in the shop. She saw right away what my dress needed and made it fit so much better than it had before. She quoted me a price on the first consultation and that is exactly what I paid when the dress was done. We had three fittings total and by the last one the dress was perfectly hemmed, a bustle had been added to my very full ballgown, the sides had been let out and altered to fit me, cups were added, and the dress was steamed and perfect for my wedding day. Juliya is also so friendly and warm, she made me feel like an absolute queen in my dress even when I was having doubts myself. Thank you Juliya!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Lauren,
    Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving such a kind review. I hope your wedding was wonderful!

Happy New Year!