Julie Surette Photography Reviews

Julie Surette Photography 6
Julie Surette Photography 7

Tammy Feindel · Married on 12/14/2018

Excellent photographer

She was so comfortable and easy to work with

Clarissa · Married on 09/22/2018

Best Wedding Photographer

We had so much fun working with Julie. A friend recommended her, and we had hired her for our engagement pictures and wedding pictures for 9.22.18. She is professional, reliable, and really knows what she is doing. We are so thankful we hired her. At the end of the day, the photographer is essentially the most important piece, since they provide the memories for years to come. We can't thank her enough, our pictures are beautiful.

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2018

Julie was so amazing!

Julie was so great! She was very professional and easy to work with. We loved our engagement shoot, and when the wedding came around, our wedding photos blew us away. I'd definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a light, bright, airy feel to their photos and a good mix of candid and portrait shots. We can look back at our pictures and truly feel the energy of the night.

Julie Surette Photography 8
    Julie Surette Photography 9
    Julie Surette Photography 10
    Julie Surette Photography 11
    Julie Surette Photography 12
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Pitcher · Married on 09/01/2018

Wonderful Wedding Photographer

Julie is truly a blessing to have around on your big day. Her easy going nature and direction made even my picture-taking-hating husband feel comfortable during the pictures of us! During the ceremony, she moved around with a quiet grace to be sure she shot the perfect moment from the best angle. She knows EXACTLY where that “golden light” is for the perfect photos! The images are stunning, and are photos we will treasure forever. I absolutely love the detail shots that she grabbed of the ceremony space, reception space, and the little things that made our wedding ours. We feel so lucky to have had Julie there on our special day and would recommend her highly to anyone searching for a wedding photographer!

Julie Surette Photography 13
    Julie Surette Photography 14
    Julie Surette Photography 15
    Julie Surette Photography 16

Elizabeth · Married on 11/18/2017

I had TWO weddings that Julie shot -- the first marriage didn't work out, but the photos from that initial wedding were stellar. My ex-husband and I had got married at the Red Lion Inn in Cohasset, MA --- it was a beautiful barn style wedding. The photos spoke to the elegance. It probably isn't super surprising that the photos from my most recent (and final, LOL) wedding were even better. (This is what happens when you marry the right person.) What's striking about this time around is that I threw an engagement party and surprised everyone by getting married! So it wasn't a traditional wedding at all. We did this at the Abington Ale House (which is a very casual restaurant south of Boston with American fare.) The ambiance was just a really nice room, very prettily decorated with no work required of me. I invited 50 friends and family, and we just got married at the front of the room. I think because I was so happy, my photos came out even better. I once heard someone say - it's the moments you don't plan or the poses you don't plan that actually make for the best photos. Julie really does that - her presence is unobtrusive, but she's also assertive enough that she gets everything done. You don't notice she's there and she captures you just having the time of your life. I'm deeply in love with my husband - and the photos really showcase our love. If you're looking for someone to capture your best side, Julie will make you look good too - but what's better is that she really takes photos that tell your love story as depicted in a night. And that is the greatest investment I could have made.

Julie Surette Photography 17
    Julie Surette Photography 24
    Julie Surette Photography 25
    Julie Surette Photography 26

Stacey · Married on 07/30/2017

Working with Julie for our engagement and wedding photos was the best experience. First off, she is the nicest person. She has incredible attention to detail, is very willing to travel and constantly asked my husband and I what we wanted out of working with her. She made sure to get every shot that was on our list and had some awesome suggestions. I can't even begin to explain how beautiful her photos are. Our wedding was last weekend and she sent us a sneak peak the following day. They are just gorgeous. I cannot say enough good things about her. Thank you Julie for capturing our big day! I would recommend her to everyone :)

Lauren · Married on 10/29/2016

There are three amazing things about Julie: her artistic work, her professionalism, and her personality.

First, the photos: Looking through them takes my breath away. Julie's images are not only beautiful, but they capture each moment perfectly. Emotion comes through, and everyone looks like the best version of themselves.

Next, the business: Julie is professional and super-responsive. At our first meeting, she had clear answers to all of our questions and "what-if" nightmare scenarios -- which we fortunately didn't encounter, but it made us feel like she had everything under control! She let us know what to expect, provided a clear contract and other paperwork, and was our most reliable vendor when we needed something (e.g., insurance certificate for the venue).

Finally, the person: Julie made us feel comfortable and happy during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. I don't like having my picture taken, and she made it a breeze! She let me and my now-husband be ourselves, providing only enough direction to enhance the images and capture the day. She's a warm personality, and that surely helps the photos come out so wonderfully.

I'd definitely recommend Julie!

I found out about Julie from my best friends wedding my fiance and I were both in. Working with Julie then was easy going and fun! When we finally got engaged I knew I had to have Julie at my wedding too five years later!! Our engagement shoot was much fun and our pictures amazing! I was so excited for her to be at the wedding! And with out a doubt she didn't disappoint!! I look at our 800 pictures almost daily because they are so great and she captured all of the important moments! I'm so glad we chose Julie, she has a passion for her job and it shows in all of her photos!

We absolutely loved working with Julie. She was so accommodating and helpful throughout the engagement shoot and wedding. She was always cheerful and it's obvious that she is passionate about her work. We're looking forward to seeing how all the wedding photos come out but I have no doubt they will be amazing.

Update - We received our photos and they are gorgeous! The only thing that was odd was that the second photographer also posted her photos of us on her blog, some of these were really nice and we would have wanted higher quality versions of them. Not a big deal but now I wonder who has the rights to those photos.

Julie was prompt and professional. I had two other photographers at my wedding and Julie's photos were more clear, detailed and had a whimsical look. My father was so impressed by her creative eye. She made the trees in my parents back yard look like a magical forest the way she caught the sun shinning through the trees. She used a shutter flash (not sure if that's the correct term) that caught each moment. She worked so well with my 18 month neice. She came up with poses, angles and use of landscape that captured our wedding better than I dreamed.

I cannot say enough good things about Julie. I'll probably have even more good things to say once we get the pictures back, but so far, the entire experience working with her has been great. We're not the most creative people when it comes to posing, so it was so nice to have her creative talent setting us up for pictures. She came to the hotel where I was getting ready with my bridesmaids and we all had so much fun taking pictures. She had already shot a couple of weddings at our venue prior to ours, so she had some great ideas for pictures and knew when the sky would be beautiful for some pictures later in the night. We had our dog in the wedding (and in the engagement photos) and she was so patient and able to get some great pictures! She was so flexible, easy to work with, and had a quick, if not immediate response to every email I sent her.

Holly · Married on 06/20/2015

We hired the best wedding photography ever! Julie is absolutely phenomenal!!! We couldn't be happier with the level of professionalism and creative excellence.

Thank you for making me feel like a princess on the most important day of my life! :)

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband does photography, so finding the best photographer around was a must for us. After looking through photos from almost every photographer in the area, meeting a handful in person, and even considering several that weren't local, we decided on Julie. We honestly could not be happier with how our pictures came out. They are amazing! Julie's work is beautiful, she is super organized, helpful, and her prices are very reasonable. We would definitely recommend her!

Emily · Married on 07/20/2014

Julie was so amazing! Everyone felt comfortable around her, and there were times we didn't even notice her taking pictures! She was sweet and friendly, and my engagement, bodouir, and wedding pictures were all unbelievable!

Melissa · Married on 06/27/2014

Julie was a pleasure to work with. She listened to what we wanted and totally got our style. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous, we're SO happy we chose Julie as our photographer. We've already recommended her to everyone we know in need of a photographer!

Jenn · Married on 05/31/2014

Julie took beautiful engagement shots and we were excited to see how our wedding photos would turn out. Our event was on 5/31 so while we have not seen all the photos yet, the first peak photos look terrific! Julie is such a professional and she made our photo shots effortless and provided much needed assistance on the right poses and shots. Julie's talent really shows in how she uses the light and candid moments to capture the story. I can't WAIT to see all of our photos!!!

Julie was absolutely wonderful to work with. She is so sweet and easy to talk to. My husband can be difficult to photograph at times (he hates taking pictures), but Julie and her assistant were extremely patient with him. The pictures came out amazing. I had such a hard time choosing which photos I wanted in my album because I love them all so much. I will definitely be recommending Julie to all of my friends.

Kelly · Married on 09/14/2013

Photography was one of the most important things to me for our wedding, and Julie exceeded our expectations. She was amazing: thorough, creative, patient with my crazy family and easy to work with. I've been in weddings where the photographer bossed people around and made it about them, Julie was the complete opposite. She had a great vision, but also was flexible to work in our vision and needs.
    Our engagement shots were fantastic, we both were a bit uncomfortable in front of the camera and she completely eased our minds. The pictures are beautiful.
    I just received our wedding pictures and they are stunning. I was shocked when we got them less than a month after our wedding (i have friends who got married 6 months ago that are still waiting for their photographer to get their pics edited).
    I can't rave enough about Julie and highly recommend her. She is extremely talented, and very easy to work with.

Hannah · Married on 08/24/2013

Julie did an amazing job for our wedding. She was so accomodating up to the day of the event and answered all of my questions along the way. The day of she arrived early, and was extremely attentive and got all the shots I wanted. She knew how to manage a large crowd of people and make them all look amazing! In the church you couldn't even notice her she did a great job blending in while getting phenomenal shots. The reception pictures were fantastic as well, my favorite is a group shot she took from above with all the attendees together with our hands in the air :). The photos came out breathtaking, I would highly recommend Julie Surette Photography for any event!

Andrea · Married on 08/17/2013

Julie was a great asset to our wedding and provided us with the most gorgeous photos. Her professionalism, work ethic, and easy manner combined with her artistic eye helped capture the memories of the day. She listened to our vision, saw when my husband was getting antsy and adjusted accordingly, and hired a reliable and talented second shooter that knew how to wrangle the guests and wedding party. I tell everyone getting married to hire her, and some of them have!

Katie · Married on 07/19/2013

Julie was more than we could have ever asked for! We got married on one of the hottest days this summer and I was so upset that it would be too hot to take photos outside, but with the help of Julie we made it happen! In 15 quick minutes she got some of the best photos I have ever seen! The only bad thing was that she took so many great pictures I don't know which ones to print!!!

Mellissa · Married on 06/29/2013

Julie was AMAZING! She knew just where to shot our everlasting photos. She was so reassuring of every pose we took. When she'd say "perfect" I knew it was! All of my guests complimented her shots and we are all waiting to see what she developed from our day. It was so great working with her, she was very flexible, dependable, and personable. The sneak peek photos came out beautifully....I can't even express how pleased I was with her work!!!! Thank you so much Julie for capturing our memories with your amazing shots! xoxo

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/07/2013

When my husband and I were looking at all the aspects of our wedding, we knew that photography was very important - after all, once the day is done all you have are the photos (or video) to remember those special moments!

Trying to find a balance between great work and a budget seemed difficult, until we found Julie. Her work is incredible and we worried that she would be way out of our league. An email exchange back and forth and a meeting later though we knew we had found the perfect photographer. Her prices are very reasonable and we were able to work together to come up with a package that worked for us.

We had an engagement shoot with Julie before the big day which was a great way to get to know her and learn about her style, methods, and for her to get to know us as a couple - it was relaxing and easy!

Julie was extremely helpful in helping us to choose how we wanted our shots to feel, which ones we wanted to capture (along with poses we wanted to avoid) and she always responded withing a day or two of our questions.

Julie has an amazing way of capturing a person's spirit in her photos - when we got our pictures back there were SO many times we looked at them and said "that is SO us" and almost every shot brought back a memory of our special day - Julie was able to capture these great candid moments that, to us, are worth more than any formal photos could be.

We will use Julie again when it comes time for maternity shots (a few years down the road!) and family photos. Thank you, Julie for capturing the most amazing time of our life - we can't wait to work with you again :)

Leanne · Married on 10/27/2012

Julie Surette is an amazing photographer and was SO easy to work with. She was willing to drive over an hour from her house to meet with my husband and I before the wedding because we lived so far apart. She also trekked the 3 plus hours to Stratton Mountain Vermont to shoot our wedding! Her and her second photographer were professional and funny and allowed everyone to just be themselves. They got some of the most priceless pictures and Julie even overnighted a thumb drive with every photo on it so I would have them for a family gathering. She was FANTASTIC!