Julie Pepin Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Janelle
    Janelle G. Married on 07/03/2022

Wedding photographer of our DREAMS

We knew we wanted to hire Julie before we even had a date or venue set for our wedding. It was important to us to find a photographer who used film, and no other photographer had the intimacy and artistry in their photos that Julie brings. She captured beautifully composed formal portraits, and managed to capture sweet candid moments of our family, our friends, our dog, and everyone and everything else. We love every photo so much. Her relaxed nature helped us feel at ease, and she was incredibly efficient and professional when necessary – everyone commented on what a pro she is. I'm so grateful we have these photos as memories of the best day, and as art that is ours to keep forever. Looking forward to having Julie document our family's milestones for many years to come!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 03/13/2022

The absolute best

I don't think I have the words to adequately describe how happy we are that we chose to work with Julie for our wedding photos. She was kind and responsive from the very beginning, and she was such a joy to be around on our wedding day. She made us feel so comfortable in front of her camera, giving us direction while also leaving space for us to authentically experience the day together. We knew we were going to love our photos, but somehow they still vastly exceeded our expectations. I cried looking through them the first time, and we both audibly gasped at photo after photo. They are all objectively fantastic photos, but what really struck me was how perfectly Julie captured just how happy we were all day long. I would not change a single thing about our experience or our photos. We are so grateful, and cannot recommend Julie enough.
  • Jayne
    Jayne A. Married on 10/16/2021

The best there is

Julie is amazing!! She will make your big day the best day and give you the best memories. Her pictures are so intimate and classic with a vintage style feel that's also timeless. HOW DOES SHE DO THAT?! Amazing. So incredible, cannot recommend her enough.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Alicia Married on 09/18/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Obsessed with Julie’s photos of our wedding day!

I’m so glad Julie took my wedding photos. I was looking for someone with a creative eye who could capture our spirit and she killed it. Julie is one of the few photographers who works with both film and digital which we wanted and she mastered both. The photos are classic, tasteful and with just the right amount of edge and drama. She was also a pleasure to work with- polite, professional and gave great direction. I will love these photos forever and cannot recommend her highly enough. Thank you Julie!
    Michelle G. Married on 07/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn’t have asked for a better photographer!!

If you’re on the hunt for a photographer, look no further!! Julie is worth every dime, and I guarantee she will blow you out of the water! Aside from her talent, she was great to work with. She was quick and responsive to our many questions throughout the process. Seeing her excitement behind the camera really made us feel comfortable in front of the lens which made the pictures feel so natural. She captured every detail and let her creativity run. Our pictures came out stunning, we cannot stop looking at them!! 10/10 would recommend her, hands down!
  • Cristina
    Cristina M. Married on 07/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stunning pictures from an extremely talented photographer

We worked with Julie for our summer 2021 wedding in Sonoma. She made the entire experience easy and pleasant. Most importantly, her pictures are absolutely stunning. Julie has such a unique eye. I appreciated her ability to capture candids in such a magical way. I'm so thankful to have found her and couldn't recommend her more. Julie Pepin is truly a gem and the best photographer I have ever worked with!
    Amy Married on 06/05/2021

Beautiful Wedding Photos!

We had a wonderful experience with Julie as our wedding photographer. She takes really beautiful photos and she captured all of the important moments of our wedding -- I was amazed by all of the candid memorable moments she took photos of which also captured the emotions of the moments. She chose the most beautiful locations for photos at our venue and made us feel comfortable during the couples session when posing for the pictures. Of all the many photographers I reached out to, she had a really great price point for amazing photography (she was booked during our original wedding date which we had to reschedule because of the pandemic but was luckily available on our new date). I would highly recommend Julie as a wedding photographer!
    Kimberly C. Married on 05/15/2021

Backyard Bliss

Julie is amazing! Her photography is stunning and everything that I wanted for my wedding! She is timely, profession and super attentive. I highly recommend Julie for any event!
  • Ariel
    Ariel S. Married on 02/10/2021

Excellent photographer

Julie is really skilled. We were so impressed by the photos on her site, and the final product did not disappoint. She is incredibly affordable, and great to work with. She took the reins when it was clear we didn't know exactly what we wanted on the day-of, and it turned out great.
    Megan B. Married on 11/21/2020

Julie is amazing!

Julie is a total professional. She knows exactly how to direct each person so the photos are flattering for each person. We loved ALL our photos... Thank you Julie!!! :)
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl C. Married on 07/01/2020

Thank you Julie!

We had the privilege to work with Julie for our engagement shoot and wedding day. She was both a professional and sweetheart! Our photos came out dreamy, candid, intimate and so genuine. She captured the vibe and feeling of our special day so well. Thank you so much Julie -- for allowing us to relive our wedding day over and over again.
  • Ann
    Ann N. Married on 10/12/2019

Julie is amazing

Julie is a photography wizard. To quote my MOH: “This is the best engagement photographer I’ve ever seen.”

I can stress enough the quality of Julie’s work and artistry, as well as her commitment to her clients. During our engagement shoot, towards the end when I was tired, I tried to deflect going to our last stop. Julie insisted, and we ended up with beautiful sunset pictures at the Golden Gate Bridge.
    Every time Julie went above and beyond what was asked. We ended up with loads of pictures from different scenery that blew me away.

On our wedding day, she did a fantastic job capturing not just us, but also our friends, families and the general feelings and vibe. When I saw them, it was like reliving the day again. I cried.

TL;DR - she’s amazing.
    Vivien Married on 09/28/2019

Thank You Julie!

We are so grateful to have had Julie as our photographer. We fell in love with her portfolio on her website, especially her ability to capture such gorgeous shots. Looking through our own wedding photos now, we truly believe that she has the ability to capture the dreaminess of the wedding day.

She also has a very kind, unassuming personality that allowed us to all immediately feel comfortable in front of the camera. To be honest, we did not even notice all the candids she captured, which turned out to some of our favorite and most precious moments.

We were most impressed by her efficiency. She made every minute and shot count. She ensured we were on schedule and did not waste a single second!

Her pricing is also really reasonable, and we could afford to focus our energy on other aspects of the wedding. A rarity in the Bay Area!

Overall, the whole process went smoothly, freeing our energy elsewhere. We couldn't have been more pleased.
    Lisa Married on 09/14/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing - so glad we chose Julie!

We loved working with Julie! She gave us exactly what we asked for - a mix of traditional and candid/documentary style photos with beautiful lighting, unique angles and great editing. She is very friendly and made us feel surprisingly comfortable in front of the camera even though we didn't do an engagement photo shoot to practice. She was very discreet while taking photos - we never noticed her moving around but somehow she was always there to capture the best moments during the reception. Also her price was very reasonable compared to others in the LA area and she was flexible about creating a package that worked for us. We would absolutely recommend her!
    Catherine F. Married on 07/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Unique and beautiful wedding photos

When looking for our wedding photographer we prioritized two things – (1) a photographer whose style was a bit non-traditional so we didn’t feel like we were just seeing the same generic wedding picture poses and (2) someone that was easy going and relaxed as we knew that would be so important during the hectic-ness of the day. Julie was exactly that! She put us both at ease throughout the day and all I can say is – OUR PHOTOS! For the first few weeks and probably several times of month, we just look through the highlight set that Julie posted on her blog because they are just so gorgeous and perfectly captured our day. Julie also takes a very unique approach to wedding photos in that there are close up shots, wide lens shots that highlighted the picturesque scenery of our venue, and film shots which were so fun because Julie and we would be surprised by the final product. We are forever grateful for Julie, and for the memories that she captured on our special day.
    Mazi M. Married on 07/06/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Photographer EVER!

Wonderful photographer, stress free experience. Julie has it down to a science. I have heard of many wedding photography horror stories.... avoid them and just go with Julie! My wife and I couldn't have been more thrilled with the experience and the photos!
  • Nicole
    Nicole W. Married on 06/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Look No Further - Julie's your Dream Photographer!

Julie was the first vendor we booked and 100% the best decision we ever made! We are so, so glad we booked her for our Engagement Session and whole Wedding Day! She is extremely easy to work with, gave great direction for a camera-awkward couple (while nailing our vibe), and the final photos are to die for (words can’t express how much we’re in love with them). What really stood out about Julie:

+ Her photography is pure art, joy, and her style is like no other. Her work really stands out from ordinary wedding photos.

+ Julie captures the most dreamy angles and we’re still receiving so many compliments from friends/family; as well as being asked permission to post our wedding photos from wedding social media channels!

+ Julie made us feel really comfortable (like I said, we’re pretty camera-awkward - though you wouldn’t be able to tell with the amazing direction and photos she took) and we had a blast with her for 10 hrs the day of.

+ She accommodated all requests and is always game to try what you’re interested in (like going to Disneyland!)

+ She was like a ninja (seriously!), she took so many natural moments/emotions and it didn’t feel like there was a photographer around us.

+ Very responsive to emails and questions. We felt like we were in great hands and under wonderful direction at all times with Julie.

+ 100% worth getting the full package: Engagement Session & 10 hours Wedding Day (trust us, you’ll have such a great time you’ll wish you booked more time with Julie)

+ Julie has a very unique, kind, warm, and intuitive personality. She really understands the chemistry and vibe between the couple, which she brings out in her work.

My husband and I are SO happy that we found and met Julie. I remember looking for a photographer in the early planning process and once we saw her portfolio, we knew we had to book her! Julie’s nature is truly as amazing and wonderful as her work. Seriously, book Julie to be part of your special day and you’ll never regret it. Thanks so much again Julie!

xox - Nikkie & Rob
  • carol
    Carol Married on 06/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Julie is amazing!!!Hire her!

I loved working with Julie every step along the way from the initial consolation to the final engagement photos. The service is well above our expectations. The price is very very reasonable as well. She is so attentive and planned the whole photography process so well. Julie went above and beyond and drove to Big Sur the day before to find some of the best spots for us.
    We loved every photo and plan to frame them and put up a photo wall in our ceremony.
    We really wanted to hire her for our wedding day as well but unfortunately she is booked on that day. Book early!!

Julie Pepin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome review Carol! I had so much fun hanging out with the two of you in Big Sur and am so bummed that I didn't have your wedding date available :/ But I hope to work with you two again in the future and can't wait to hear about your wedding! Have an amazing rest of your year! Yay for getting married!!
    Ms Sm Married on 06/01/2019

Highly Recommend!

Julie was wonderful to work with the entire way through. She was professional, kind, humble, and understated. She is reasonably priced for someone of her experience. She and her assistant were flexible and gracious when things went sideways at our ceremony and we had to change locations last minute. And the photos were great!
    Edward L. Married on 06/01/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Decision We Made. No Regrets!

We found Julie through her Instagram and like many people were wary about hiring someone to photograph our wedding via social media, but we honestly could not have been happier with the result. From day 1 Julie was super responsive and answered all of our questions quickly and accommodated all of our strange requests. She made sure we got all the coverage we needed for the wedding and even got photographs that we had thought we had forgotten to ask for. She was extremely professional and honestly, some of our fondest memories of our wedding day was when she took us aside to take some photos with just the two of us. There were so few moments during the wedding we had to ourselves, whether it be due to family or friends pulling us in different directions, but Julie gave us the few minutes we had to take for ourselves and we will forever be grateful for that. Fantastic pictures, even better person. Highly recommend!

Julie Pepin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome and kind review! I had so much fun working with you two, along with your friends and family, and am so thankful that you put your faith in me after finding me on instagram! Thank you for trusting me and letting me experience this incredible day with you! I will be forever grateful for clients like the two of you
  • Alissa
    Alissa Married on 05/31/2019

book julie ASAP!

Julie was an angel from start to finish. Extremely reliable and quick with responses which made everything so easy. My husband and I were huge fans of her work and knew we were going to get creative, memorable shots -and we were right! She was professional and very patient when we were running behind. We had a blast shooting with her and loved how she knew all the best shots and angels at our huge venue's property, even on the spot. Our photos are absolute perfection. We constantly get compliments from our friends and family about how well they turned out even to this day, and we got married months ago! If you want your wedding photos to look unique, classic, organic, beautiful, etc., go to Julie immediately.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 05/26/2019

Compassionate and relaxed artist

Julie is a compassionate and relaxed professional who has a true talent for capturing authentic emotion. She is an artist, and we were not the only ones who noticed. Our family and friends commented on Julie's quick turnaround in getting our photos to us; on how unbelievably dreamy and gorgeous our photos were; and on how well she documented the mood of each moment across the day. Our venue coordinator was especially impressed in how Julie utilized a tiny spot at the venue that no other photographer had ever noticed or tapped into. Indeed, those photos ended up being some of our most dramatic images! All gratitude goes to Julie for her remarkable workmanship.

Julie Pepin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review Jennifer! Photographing your wedding was one of the highlights of my season so far! Everything from the two of you, to your friends and family, to the venue were so, so wonderful. Thank you so much for asking me to be a part of your day -- it means the world to me!
  • erin
    Erin Married on 05/18/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing at capturing magic!

Julie is the real deal! She not only captures amazing candid moments, but she advises on best practices and guides you on what to do in front of the camera. My husband and I felt awkward in front of the lens and she coached us to ultimately take amazing photos.
  • Melody
    Melody Married on 04/13/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Truly outstanding and magical photography

Julie captures emotion unlike any other wedding photographer I came across during my search and I could not be happier with trusting her to photograph our big day. The photos are absolutely stunning and capture the energy and love of the day so well. We will forever treasure these photos.

Julie Pepin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Melody! Your wedding was such a joy to photograph and I love that I was able to be a part of it. Thank you for trusting me and for being super kind, amazing, and so fun to work with!
  • Z
    Zoe Married on 04/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Captured our wedding perfectly.

Julie was truly amazing to work with. She was able to capture every detail of our wedding, not only the events of the day but the emotions that went with them. Both my husband and I felt totally comfortable with her and she was able to direct the wedding party masterfully. We love that when we look at the photos they fully portray our memories of the day. I would recommend her to anyone (friend or stranger).

Julie Pepin Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review Zoe! I had so much fun photographing the two of you, along with your friends and family, and I hope that these photos will allow you to time travel back to this day again and again throughout the years!
illustration stars