20 Reviews for Julie Deffense Artistry

Cakes (1)
Custom Design (1)
Cake Stands (1)
20 Julie Deffense Artistry Reviews

Julie created a cake for us that was not only the most beautiful cake we had ever seen, but also tasted amazing!!! She gave us exactly what we wanted-it was perfect and definitely had wow factor. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The Cake Julie made for us was beyond anything we expected - absolutely beautiful, my dream cake in looks but also it tasted amazing ! All my guests commented on the beautiful cake - even though it was a simple design, Julie made it look outstanding.

Profile Picture Shirin, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Julie was great.. she understood the theme and wss brilliant at giving advice and helping us formulate the "Best wedding cake I have ever had..." it was truely delicious and all the guests loved it. Best choice ever.
Raspberry champagne sponge was definitely the ideal choice.

Great job.

Thanks so much for the fantastic work.
Tati

Profile Picture Tachiana, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I met Julie thanks to my husband's uncle. I wanted a cake that is beautiful but mostly good and thanks to Julie I had exactly what I waited for and I only had compliments to the tasting.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie Deffense overexceeded my expectations. My cake was dreamy and magical. It looked wonderful and tasted heavenly. All guests were amazed by it!! Our decision for having Julie as our cake designer was the best decision ever! The Cake made our Big Day!

Profile Picture Nancy, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Taste and looks were exactly they way I dreamt of. Thank you Julie for making this possible. Julie was incredible fast and responsive...very professional, what a pleasure working with her.

Profile Picture Aida, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie is a true artist! We sent an inspiration photo from Instagram, and what she made absolutely surpassed it. Her attention to detail is incredible, and the cake was absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture S, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I never actually met Julie in person, I’d seen her work via my wedding planner being in the Uk and getting married in Portugal was Harder then we thought however Susie had assured me she’d found the best cake lady in the algarve & she couldn’t be more right. The wedding cake was just beautiful not only did it look fantastic it really did taste fantastic too & I shared any left over the next day at our bbq, I wanted more!! I know it’s clique to say this about a wedding cake but if you see the cake you’ll be able to see the hard work and the detail Julie put into it, I really feel you took on board exactly what we wanted.
We also had a dessert table done for the guest and it was all gone, delish! Again keeping in with the theme of our wedding and the vibe we had, without it being too much (nothing worse then wasted sweets & treats!) so thankyou lovely for everything as it really did add to our special day! Jennifer & Andreas xx

Profile Picture Jennifer , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie was great! we first met to talk about our wedding cake and her and her husband were very welcoming in their beautiful home, where they showed us all the amazing different types of cakes that she makes.
It was very easy to decide on the style and size of cake that we wanted and Julie was very helpful providing different ideas and options.
On the wedding day, the cake was delivered on time and it looked like a piece of art that complemented the beautiful palace where the wedding was.
I received a lot of compliments about the cake. As well as beautiful it was also delicious. We decided to go for the raspberry and champagne option and everyone loved it!

Profile Picture Ana, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie Defence is the top cake maker/decorator in Portugal. She is reliable, punctual and will bend over backwards to help in anyway possible. She delivers! Her cakes are striking, taste light, moist and not sickly. She moulded an intricate sea shell design on my daughter's wedding cake, we where so delighted. If you want a special cake do not look any further. Thanks Julie, Diane Stevens xx

Profile Picture Diane, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We chose Julie's cake for our 25th wedding anniversary, she created our vision exactly as we envisioned it and all this through emails :) only. The cake was divinely delicious, the best red velvet I have ever tasted.

Profile Picture User7244408, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

My advice is to very seriously consider working with Julie. Not only is she very knowledgeable and professional, she is a lovely person who truly has your interests at heart. She is flexible and very open to tailoring your cake the way you want it (of course within the realms that marries taste with the right integral structure of the cake!). The cake she made was delicious with a beautiful presentation. She is also very competitive in her pricing for the quality of service she provides. In fact we liked her so much that we invited her as a guest to our wedding and she joined in our celebrations.

Profile Picture Moeed, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Expect excellence, proper follow up, deadlines and delivery fulfilled. Big prices however, we're at the top high end of standards.
The cake was fantastic.

Profile Picture Jose, 9/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Great vendor! Easy to work with, reasonable and the cake was spectacular. Many of our guests commented that it was the best, lightest cake they have ever had. We will definitely recommend to our friends ??????????

Profile Picture User7014126, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie was a pleasure to work with! I got married in Sintra in July and was lucky enough to be able to meet Julie in the Boston area in June to taste the flavors before heading to Portugal. She made us a very generous sized and gorgeous sample cake with three flavors. Not only are her cakes amazing to look at but so tasty! My wedding guests were very impressed, as were we! The raspberry champagne cake was to die for! Thank you, thank you!

Nicole & David
Sintra, Portugal

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie was absolutely fantastic! Our cake was beautiful and it tasted amazing! Julie went out of her way to help us with our wedding plans including recommending photographers and florists! I would highly recommend Julie to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Deborah, 6/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We cannot even begin to articulate how grateful we are for Julie and the amazing cake she designed for our wedding in Connecticut. From the moment we first skyped about our design to the moment the cake was displayed at our reception, we were keenly aware we had brought true excellence aboard our wedding adventure. Excellence in responsiveness, excellence in creativity, excellence in professionalism and design! And then, on top of all that, the cake was absolutely DELICIOUS. Julie is truly world class, and should you engage her for your affair, you will be nothing short of thrilled!

Profile Picture Tom and Natalie, 7/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot recommend Julie and her cakes enough! My partner and I were married last month and the cake Julie produced for us was among our wedding day's absolute highlights!

Working with her on the design process was fantastic — Julie was full of ideas, and able to rein us in (let's face it, a "cake ideas" Pinterest board with 100+ ideas was a bit much) without compromising at all on what we hoped the finished piece of art would look like. Because yes, Julie's creations are art! And they also taste delicious. Her cake looked even better than I could have possibly imagined.

Of all the vendors we worked with planning the wedding, Julie was also the most professional, responsive, and friendly throughout. We always knew what was happening as the cake came together, perfectly I might add.

Profile Picture Alex, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Planning a 60th Anniversary party in Sarasota, Florida from many miles away in Colorado, you have to rely on recommendations you can trust. Julie was just the perfect person (and business) to deliver with her creativity and professionalism in the most pleasant and extraordinary way! During the planning she was always responsive, professional and flexible. The delivery and final product was simply divine! Cakes that were beautiful works of art that tasted as good as they looked. Thank you Julie for making this very special occasion, extra special!

Profile Picture Mark and Nick, 5/1/13, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Cake Stands

Julie made my wedding cake a few years ago, and it was simply gorgeous. She was easy to work with, very professional, and she nailed exactly what we were looking for. Our wedding cake was better than we ever could have hoped for. She was even able to make us a gluten free wedding cake, and it was just about the best tasting gluten free cake I've ever had! I cannot recommend The Great American Cake enough. Thanks again Julie for helping to make our special day that much more amazing!

Profile Picture Jake, 10/1/11, 1 Review