Julie Christy Hair & Makeup Reviews

36 | Buellton, CA

36 Reviews for Julie Christy Hair & Makeup

• Suzanne

Suzanne Pawlak · Married on 09/28/2019

Stunning hair and makeup for my whole bridal party!

It was an incredible experience working with Julie (makeup) and Mila (hair) for my wedding day! They were both very attentive to what each member of my bridal party wanted, and the results were BEAUTIFUL. We needed hair and makeup services for me (the bride), plus women, teenagers, and younger girls who were all part of our bridal party. It was a wonderful atmosphere getting ready. Julie and Mila worked quickly and made everything feel so stress-free. They flawlessly executed each girl's requests for their individual looks. We had blondes, brunettes (purple and teal hair too!) in our group, ranging from some who feel super comfortable in false eyelashes to others who never usually wear makeup. Julie and Mila made everyone (from my six-yr-old to me, the bride) feel glamorous and special, but also simply feel like beautiful versions of ourselves - exactly what I wanted. I was so lucky to have found them for my wedding in the Santa Ynez Valley!!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Julie Christy Hair & Makeup's reply:

It was such an amazing time with you all!!! A magical day that’s for sure! Thank you for choosing us be your artists for the day.

Kelsey · Married on 09/21/2019

No complaints

This beautiful lady is the sweetest person and just makes you feel so beautiful. She did my friends makeup for her wedding and then I just had to have her do my makeup for my wedding. I was not disappointed!!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Brittany · Married on 07/12/2019

Awesome to work with, kind and professional!!

So grateful for Julie and her insanely good skills! She did my engagement and wedding makeup and I could not be happier! What I appreciate the most about Julie (aside from how kind and sweet she is) was how patient she was with my (very) nervous Mom. My mom looked stunning and felt confident come wedding day -all thanks to Julie! I would ABSOLUTELY recommend her services!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Julie Christy Hair & Makeup's reply:

It was such a pleasure being a part of your special day! Definitely unforgettable, lots of laughter and happy tears. The love that radiated that day is something I will not ever forget. Thank you again for not only being one of my favorite brides but a friend!
  • Natalie

Natalie Anderson · Married on 06/15/2019

Stunning hair and makeup for a great price!

Working with Julie was an excellent experience all around! My wedding makeup looked flawless and it lasted all day long, for a much lower price than other artists in my area (Santa Barbara). She also coordinated my hair stylist, Mila, who did a wonderful job giving me a style that stayed gorgeous even in high winds. Both Julie and Mila were very kind, responsive, and professional. Being able to have them come to my home the morning of the wedding was worth every penny! They were recommended to me by another friend of mine and I'll be recommending them to everyone I know. Thanks Julie!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Katie Eberlein · Married on 06/08/2019

You will NOT be disappointed!!

Julie is incredible and I would 100% recommend her for your big day. Booking was an absolute breeze as she was quick to respond and so incredibly helpful. Working with her the day of the wedding couldn't have been better. She listened to what each of my bridesmaids wanted and executed it perfectly. As the bride, I showed her a few pictures of what I wanted my make up to look like but trusted in her expertise with the rest and she absolutely killed it. I've never felt so beautiful in my life thanks to Julie! You will not be disappointed with her and her services.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Brianna · Married on 05/11/2019

Julie was very professional and accommodating, traveling an hour north to do our makeup on my wedding day. Everyone looked beautiful.

First, Julie was able to fit me in to her very packed schedule on pretty short notice for a lash lift/tint and an eyebrow wax just a couple days before my wedding. She definitely made me feel like a priority being i was getting married in just a couple days and wanted me to look and feel my best. She is amazing at what she does, my lashes naturally point down and after my lash lift they were beautifully curled and lasted about 2 and a half months, i also have never been so happy with an eyebrow wax before seeing Julie. On my wedding day Julie arrived exactly when she said she would and got right on to working on our makeup, she does such a beautiful job. I'm a girl that likes to play with makeup but wanted something more natural for my wedding day. That is exactly what she gave me just heightened, my makeup was perfect and lasted well past my reception ending. All of my bridesmaids that got their makeup done including my mother looked beautiful and more importantly felt beautiful. Julie was highly recommended by many people. Besides Julie's amazing talent she is just an over all positive, sweet, reliable, accommodating person.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Julie Christy Hair & Makeup's reply:

Thank you for such an amazing review!!! It was a beautiful day for sure. You also had an amazing bridal party, who were full of life and excitement!

Kristen Germann · Married on 05/10/2019

Julie is an expert and does phenomenal work!

I got my lashes done as a self-care gift and also for a friend's wedding and she surpassed all my expectations. The studio is so calming and relaxing. Julie is extremely professional and passionate in what she does and it shows in her work; I absolutely love my lashes!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Leah Kelley · Married on 04/25/2019

Picture Perfect!

Julie did a beautiful job on both my makeup and my mother's makeup. She is delightful, easy to work with, very friendly and professional. Our makeup was perfect - very natural, yet perfect for pictures! Thank you, Julie!!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Analie · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing Experience with Julie!

Julie did my makeup for my wedding day and I cannot say enough amazing things about her! I wanted a glam look but didn't want to look overdone. She totally delivered! My makeup was amazing and my husband thought it was gorgeous too. It wasn't heavy or cakey and it stayed on allllllllll day and night! She also did the makeup for one of my bridesmaids and she also looked absolutely gorgeous! She brought Mila to do our hair and we all loved what she did. My hair is hard to style and hates holding a curl but my hair stayed exactly how it should for well over 12 hours. If you need someone for a special occasion or your big day I will always 100% recommend Julie and her team!!!!

Sent on 01/02/2019

Christiana · Married on 05/19/2018

From the beginning, Julie Christy makes you feel totally at ease! She's so talented and I was so happy with how my makeup turned out. She brought Mila to do hair and she was fantastic as well. My mom and bridesmaids looked so beautiful for the wedding! Julie was so sweet to my mom too, which I thought was awesome. Would highly recommend Julie Christy for makeup and hair!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Amy · Married on 05/19/2018

Julie Christy and her hair stylist both arrived on time and looking sharp at the location my 4 bridesmaids and I were getting ready at. Julie is so incredibly nice and sweet. I could tell that they both really wanted us all to look amazing. And we absolutely did! My makeup and my girls makeup were exactly the way I (and they) wanted it. Julie worked with me asking me very good questions about my vision. My makeup paired with my hairstyle (updo early 1900’s Gibson Girl style with daisy flowers) turned out to be so beautiful! It was pretty amazing that the hair stylist made this look totally HAPPEN for me!!!!! I loved it and I couldn’t recommend them enough. If I were to do the wedding all over again I would pick this team.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Courtney E · Married on 03/17/2018

Loved my wedding makeup!

Julie was great to work with. She did both my mom and my hair & makeup for my wedding. I loved how natural our makeup looked.
    Julie has a fun, upbeat personality and we loved time working with her. From our trial run a few months before, to the day of the wedding, Julie was very professional and reliable. I highly recommend her for hair and makeup.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Astrid · Married on 10/07/2017

Love love love Julie’s work! We had 7 of us the day of my wedding getting hair and makeup done and al of our makeup stayed on well into the 4am party end. The look was exactly what I wanted and I’m so thrilled with her work. She is also such a sweetheart and very responsive. 100% recommend her!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Lucca · Married on 09/23/2017

Julie did a wonderful job!! She was incredible sweet and professional and made all of us look amazing. My mom kept saying that she never knew she could look this good and it's fair to say we all couldn't believe how good we looked.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Carolina · Married on 09/09/2017

She was amazing. I will definitely recommend her.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Kisha · Married on 09/02/2017

Julie was phenomenal! She did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and makeup for me and 10 ladies for the wedding day. Everyone looked stunning! My makeup was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day and I could not have been happier with Julie’s services. She is kind, talented and professional! I would recommend her to all brides

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kat · Married on 08/26/2017

I absolutely LOVED Julie's work! The consultation at her shop was super chill and it was like talking to an old friend while she worked with my hair. On that note, I do have ethnic hair that can be fussy at times so I made sure to have it flat ironed before. She worked with it beautifully and it stayed all day, both at the consultation and most importantly, the wedding day which was also one of the hottest days of the summer! She was more than willing to come to my apartment in 20 mins away from her shop at 7 in the morning to work on three heads of hair and three of my bridesmaids' makeup and have it all done way before we were set to leave for the church. My wedding morning was so easy-going and there was no rushing to make sure all hair and makeup was done on time. Her timing was absolutely perfect! I would 100% go back to Julie for hair or makeup although I had someone else do my own makeup (my cousin volunteered :)).

Sent on 01/08/2018

Tayler · Married on 08/05/2017

Julie is the sweetest ever!! She is very talented and thorough.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Martha · Married on 07/29/2017

I loved Julie! I'm not that the kind of girl that thinks of herself as pretty but she made me feel beautiful!! And my hair and makeup lasted all day!!

Sent on 08/13/2017

steffanie · Married on 06/03/2017

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Julie. She is the most dedicated and kindhearted women I have ever met. Her work is phenomenal and her patience is miraculous. I had the pleasure of having her do my hair and makeup for my wedding and she nailed the exact look I wanted. This talented young lady is not only professional and fun, but she can work magic when it comes to contouring. I am not proud to say that I was a bit of a bridezilla on my wedding day and was being picky about my hair, but Jules didn’t mind at all. She comforted me when I was overwhelmed and if I wasn’t satisfied with something she made it her mission to perfect the look I wanted. She is a mother of 3 boys and still finds the time to follow her passion. When I mentioned her name to my bridesmaids they immediately were overcome with joy that she would be doing our hair and makeup. She is very well known and sought after because she is compassionate, optimistic, and extremely gifted. I highly recommend her if you are looking for a person to work wonders on your big day! Thank you Jules for putting your heart and soul into your work…it shows!

Sent on 08/07/2017

April · Married on 03/25/2017

A dream to work with and such an artist. Julie really loves what she does and it shows in her work. Hair and makeup was perfect throughout the entire wedding!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Samantha · Married on 03/18/2017

Julie did an excellent job beautifying myself and my bridesmaids. Her makeup and hairdos are absolutely stunning. she is very professional and fast to respond. She worked around our schedule and was even able to squeeze in a couple last minute hairdos. We all felt and looked amazing after. Highly recommended!!!! She even got my stubborn hair to hold a curl! Thank you Julie!

Sent on 03/24/2017

Alexandra · Married on 10/07/2016

Julie was such a pleasure to work with. Her hairstyles were so creative and gorgous. She was so kind and patient with me and all my bridesmaids. Julie is a perfectionist and does amazing work, even when I was on a time crunch.
    Reasonable pricing and the easiest vendor I worked with!
    Use Julie, your wont be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Christie · Married on 10/07/2016

Absolutely incredible! Patient and so talented! Listened and worked within our parameters ! She is the one to hire to make ANY occasion perfect by making YOU feel beautiful ! JULIE and her entire team are really top notch!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Julie · Married on 09/24/2016

Julie did my hair for my wedding, as well as several of my bridesmaids. I had nine bridesmaids so I hired multiple stylists for hair and makeup the morning of the wedding to be sure everyone would be ready in time for pictures (early wedding as it was a catholic ceremony). Julie was the only one on time (in fact, she was a bit early--something I highly appreciate). Julie is so easy to talk to and I love that we happen to share the same name! Julie was extremely accommodating after my nerves took over the morning of the wedding and I changed my mind from updo to half up/half down back to updo! I loved my wedding hair! It ended up being perfect and I could't think Julie enough!

Sent on 10/09/2017