Julie Bakes... Reviews

81 | Easton, MD

81 Reviews for Julie Bakes...

Kimberly · Married on 10/04/2009

Cake was delicious, delivered early, design carried out flawlessly and wonderful silver square cake stand to accent the display!

Sent on 11/20/2009

Tricia · Married on 09/26/2009

My cake was gorgeous and delicious! What else could I ask for. I went to her with a few ideas and she helped me figure out a beautiful, original design. Thanks Julie!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Meghan · Married on 05/30/2009

Julie was recommended to me by a coworker who had contracted Julie for their wedding cake. So knowing my wedding was on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, I looked up Julie and contacted her. She was very easy to work with and made the wedding cake decision very simple. I met Julie and she brought me 3 samples. I chose my cake and it showed up on the wedding day and was just perfect! I even had guests asking for two pieces of cake. The appearance and taste was amazing! Her prices are very fair.

Sent on 06/11/2009

Colin · Married on 05/24/2008

Not only is the cake the best cake you will ever taste, but Julie is extremely easy to work with. She will come to your house for an appointment. She brought 4 small tasting cakes along with a photo album with each cake design she has ever done. We gave her a description as to what we wanted and she ran with it! Everything turned out perfectly.

Sent on 09/19/2008

She provided us with a wonderful taste test to choose our cake and we reviewed numerous design choices to be sure we had the decoration style we wanted. The. Result was a delicious and beautiful wedding cake that all of our guests raved about.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2016

Julie was amazing! She met with my husband and was a total pro--we left with our design picked out, down to the last detail! She left us with amazing samples and were thrilled with her baking. The wedding cake was absolutely beautiful--Julie used loose blooms provided by our florist to decorate it at the venue, and I could not have been happier. Delicious, beautiful cakes ... what more could you ask for?!

Sent on 07/01/2016
  • W

L · Married on 09/19/2015

My cake for my wedding was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. And it was absolutely delicious. Julie Bakes is an excellent choice if you are getting married in Easton. You will not be disappointed. The cake was amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Holly · Married on 06/28/2014

We loved our wedding cake by Julie Bakes! We met Julie at a Panera in Easton to discuss the details of our wedding cake and went home with the most adorable mini cakes to sample to choose our flavors. She was very easy to work with and definitely knew what she was talking about. SHe made recommendations of ways that we could save money while still getting what we wanted. Plus, our cake was delicious! Everyone was raving about it and we can't wait til our one year anniversary to thaw our top layer and taste our delicious cake again.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Barbara · Married on 09/08/2013

The cake was beautiful and delicious. Our guests commented that they didn't know that wedding cake could taste so good!

Sent on 09/17/2013

I loved my wedding cake from Julie Bakes. Julie customized a picture I showed her to better fit my wedding style. What made our experience most special is that Julie incorporated fresh peaches and cream in our cake because my husband had proposed in a peach orchard. The cake tasted fantastic!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Janine · Married on 06/01/2013

My husband and I were looking for a wedding cake that wasn't too sweet, yet also elegant - of the cake vendors/bakeries that we considered, Julie had the best-looking cakes that tasted the best. She customized the cake to exactly how we wanted it. On our wedding day, we received so many compliments on how awesome the cake looked, and how delicious is tasted. At most weddings, the cake is not that exciting and there are always tons of leftovers - not at our wedding! We just had one large slice to take home, and the rest of it was gone by the end of the wedding night. The only caveat I have is if you get the fresh cream and have a summer wedding, keep it in the shade or indoors until the reception - a corner of our cake melted before we got to cut it, but luckily not so bad that it ruined the pictures. We highly recommend the vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla cream - AMAZING!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 06/09/2012

Julie baked the perfect cake. I did layers of squares, all facing different directions. Julie worked with our florist on the color and flowers and the result was absolutely gorgeous. And, our guests LOVED the cake. I highly recommend using Julie Bakes for your wedding cake.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Lindsey · Married on 06/02/2012

Julie was awesome! She is very nice and her cakes are the best tasting cakes we've ever had. We heard multiple people at our wedding talking about how good the 2 flavors were. She is very well priced and offers sheet cakes to lower the per piece price. We asked for sugar flowers and they came out beautifully! She is very flexible on the design. You wouldn't guess that the cake was buttercream instead of fondant, it was very clean looking.

Sent on 07/22/2012

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2011

Julie did a wonderful job on our wedding cake and she was easy to work with. She brought tons of pictures to our first meeting, which was really helpful for me since I wasn't sure what I wanted. She also allows you to taste four samples for free and you can try more throughout the process for very reasonable cost. We ended up choosing two different cakes for our different layers because they were so delicious we couldn't decide. All in all, a great experience and I would definitely recommend Julie!

Sent on 06/06/2011
  • bjturner

Brittany · Married on 05/21/2011

Julie is absoultely one of the best bakers in this area! She is super creative and flexible. My husband would not purchase a cake without first tasting it, I mean not even hold the date! I was convinced that his grandmother would have to make our cake! But Julie with her flavors blew us out of the water!

She worked with us on our design to keep the price low but still feed the most people. She suggested back up sheet cakes, and was flexible enough that if we needed to add on, she was on board. The cake came out beautiful and delicious.

We'll be coming back to Julie for all of our cake needs, and especially for our 1yr anniversary cake for sure! Trust Julie! Other vendors even told us she's the best in the industry! The only thing is be patient. She didn't respond right away, but she did respond promptly when we requested info, but she came so highly recommened that we kept trying. IT WAS WELL WORTH IT! And by prompt I mean she responds to emails within the week, not same day as some vendors which was ok by me.

Don't take a chance. Trust someone who is tried and true! If you want a cake that doesn't just look good but tastes good too, trust Julie! I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Lindsey · Married on 05/07/2011

We chose Julie Bakes in Easton MD for our Wedding cake and it was AMAZING!! i Highly recommend Julie!! Our Cake was not only Beautiful and exactly what i wanted but tasted amazing!!! even better than the samples from the tasting!! our guests are still talking about the cake a month later!

Sent on 06/02/2011

Alicia · Married on 06/30/2012

Julie did a fantastic job on our wedding cake! For our wedding she created a lighthouse cake to go with our nautical theme. It turned out just as we had imagined. She was recommended to us by another vendor that we used for our wedding, and we are very glad we went with her. When we first met her she prepared several different little cakes in flavors we had chosen for us to taste so we could decide on what flavors our cake would be. They were all fantastic, and she let us take them home to try so there was not pressure of deciding right then. In addition, her prices were very fair for the great work that she does. I would highly recommend looking into Julie Bakes for your wedding cake!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Ashley · Married on 04/14/2012

When it came time to select the vendor to make my wedding cake I was very picky as I wanted the cake to not only look good but taste amazing as well. When Julie was recommended to me by my venue I thought I would go for it. All of the cakes she had on her website looked amazing. When we met for the tasting I brought a picture of what i wanted my cake to look like. Julie was great through-out the whole process and made the selection of the cake so easy! My now husband and I did a different flavor of cake for each tier and Julie was completely fine with it. The cake tasted amazing and my guests raved about it. When I finally saw the cake at my wedding reception it looked absolutely amazing and better then the picture I had given her. I would highly recommend Julie to anyone in the future as her work is amazing and baking as well :-)

Sent on 04/26/2012

Shannon · Married on 01/07/2012

Our cake was delicious and absolutely beautiful. Julie was easy to work with and I loved the cake she made for us. She was fairly expensive compared to other bakers in the area, but she did make a great cake. My only complaint was that she charged by head count. The exact same size cake cost more if you had more people- I didn't think this was very fair pricing. Other than that, the cake was perfect

Sent on 01/28/2012

Brooke · Married on 09/17/2011

Julie's cake was honestly the best wedding cake I've ever had (sorry my married friends :) I may be biased, but I really don't think so. Many guests approached me and said the same thing, sweet loves and non-sweet lovers alike!

We chose the strawberry vanilla cream, basically strawberry shortcake, and not only was it delicious but was BEAUTIFUL. Julie took the design from our save-the-date (her idea) and replicated the design onto the cake. She also had us leave her some of the flowers from our centerpieces and placed them on and around our cake upon arrival. These small details make what is just a cake, extraordinary. Everything was delivered as scheduled and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

I would also add that the actual wedding cake tasted even better than the samples at the tasting. So if you like the tasting, brace yourself :)

Sent on 10/08/2011

Sylvia · Married on 04/24/2010

LOVED my cake!!! I changed the design a couple of times and Julie was very patient and supportive each time. The final design was a blend of several that she has previously done, and it turned out better than I had even imagined it! She can be a little tricky to get a hold of, but is very reliable otherwise. I recommend calling during the day if possible over email.

Sent on 06/05/2010
  • jkhines1979

Jessica · Married on 12/05/2009

Her cake are not only beautiful but DELICIOUS!! I can't tell you how many people at my wedding loved the cake. She did both my wedding cake and the groom's cake. She also has great prices!

Sent on 12/14/2009

Sara · Married on 07/25/2009

Julie made my bridal shower cake and wedding cake. Both were delicious and beautiful. I have gotten many compliments on them both. She does not return phone calls quickly, but I did have better luck through emails with her. I was very happy with her services and would use her again.

Sent on 10/08/2009

Bailey · Married on 05/30/2015

3.5

We loved our wedding cake! Julie did a great job of keeping the decorations simple, just as I had asked, and the cake itself was delicious! I was very wary about getting a wedding cake because they are usually too sweet and over-iced, but ours was just right. We got the vanilla with fresh strawberries and toasted almond w/ chocolate cream. There was just enough left for breakfast cake! Sometimes it does take Julie several days to respond to emails, but the ordering and tasting process still went very smoothly. Her cakes are very affordable and she was able to offer cost-cutting options for us as our budget was a little tight.

Sent on 06/10/2015
  • jtomlinsonrn

Jessica · Married on 10/08/2011

Julie was pleasant to work with and her cakes taste heavenly. The only thing that I wish could have been different is that the cake came on carboard wrapped in aluminum foil. If I had known this I would have purchased something a little fancier to sit the cake on. However, everyone LOVED the cake and it was gorgeous!

Sent on 02/06/2012